The Boring Silence of Hanging

Go to CruxDreams.com

Fox-on-Cross

Great-Cruxinquisitor
After the shock from the horrible nails, after the weight from the corpus on your arms, the silence begins with the movements of breathing.
Thereafter, always the same, hours and hours.
You do nothing hear only than your own lungs and throat.

This aspect of the crucifixion is not filmmable.
All movies give a speed in procedure so that the spectators in the cinema will not fall into sleep.

Therefore: the crucifixion is an extremely boring display... Also they suffer with.

And theoretically, when you in a little company of friends play the crucifixion together, the watchers must stay and stare all time in front of the cross. Perhaps they can kiss you, console or care, also for them the procedure is a monotonous game.

Do you have an idea what your intimate spectators can do, hour after hour?

After the shock from the horrible nails, after the weight from the corpus on your arms, the silence begins with the movements of breathing.
Thereafter, always the same, hours and hours.
You do nothing hear only than your own lungs and throat.

This aspect of the crucifixion is not filmmable.
All movies give a speed in procedure so that the spectators in the cinema will not fall into sleep.

Therefore: the crucifixion is an extremely boring display... Also they suffer with.

And theoretically, when you in a little company of friends play the crucifixion together, the watchers must stay and stare all time in front of the cross. Perhaps they can kiss you, console or care, also for them the procedure is a monotonous game.

Do you have an idea what your intimate spectators can do, hour after hour?

I appreciate you pointing this out, and have thought about it myself, from the perspective of an author, not a participant. In my short piece As day dies I wanted to convey the passage of time from the perspective of an executioner returning to town, although the girl on the cross is not mentioned. I wanted to write another story about a woman crucified for murdering her husband, except that exonerating evidence is revealed after she as already been nailed, and the discussions of whether to take her down or not last for days. Finally, in another of my future pieces, (I have about 100 google documents with one paragraph written) I present a sorority sister who needs to do penance on a cross. She is hung on someone’s farm land while three tables of pizza and alcohol are laid in front of her and everyone has a good time, occasionally engaging the victim.

Sorry. A lot of self promotion in there. But what you gonna do?

Back
Top Bottom