The Center for Female Incarceration and Corrections

Go to CruxDreams.com

thehangingtree

Proconsul
Staff member
Every generation tings they have dreamed up something never thought of before. This includes ‘new’ foods, and acts of disciple. Since before the Roman times people were crucified naked and left to die on their crosses.

crux 295.jpg

Only slaves and conquered women could receive this punishment, but the Romans ‘cleaned’ it up and soon any woman that wasn’t a natural Roman could suffer death on the cross.
c 0064.jpg

This painful method of execution would continue until the 15th century when it was replaced with being burned at the stake…
mal bat 016.jpg

…or publicly beheaded.
mal b 030.jpg

Both methods were considered merciful and (after the ceremony leading to the woman’s execution) death would come in almost instantly or at least within an hour of the woman being torched. Both methods were considered more humane than crucifixion which could last one to three or more days but both had drawbacks. Like the Roman cross that required lumber wood-worked into shape and would last only a half-dozen or so crucifixions, burning women consumed a fair amount of wood for each execution and beheading required a well-maintained axe to insure the condemned woman could be put to death with a single blow.

Some improvement had to be found…

The Industrial Revolution was still in the distant future when sailors, who had access to quality rope, discovered hanging as an effective method of execution. Tying a rope around a man’s neck and hoisting him up on a sailing mast would indeed kill the poor bugger. It was a gruesome death with the man taking almost an hour to strangle to death. But it was a sure form of execution! The hanged sailor was left hanged from the mast until the ship called into a port. By this time the executed man had often decayed but the officers of the court could look past his decay and devised a slipknot that would more quickly strangle the condemned and could be used many times before needing to replace the rope.

The first women condemned to be hanged were accused witches. It would take up to a half-hour for them to succumb to the noose but they would certainly be dead and the rope could be reused!

hang 503.jpg

It wasn’t long before it was realized the woman could be hanged naked. She would still die and the crowds were better.

hang 961.jpg

Of course one could leave the woman hanged from the gallows to deter future crimes… not that it would spare many women!

History as related by our Tree. Fractured but always fascinating.
Can’t wait to learn Moore :popcorn:
I was learning all about the economics of execution.

The Industrial Revolution was still in the distant future when sailors, who had access to quality rope, discovered hanging as an effective method of execution. Tying a rope around a man’s neck and hoisting him up on a sailing mast would indeed kill the poor bugger. It was a gruesome death with the man taking almost an hour to strangle to death. But it was a sure form of execution! The hanged sailor was left hanged from the mast until the ship called into a port. By this time the executed man had often decayed but the officers of the court could look past his decay and devised a slipknot that would more quickly strangle the condemned and could be used many times before needing to replace the rope.

The first women condemned to be hanged were accused witches. It would take up to a half-hour for them to succumb to the noose but they would certainly be dead and the rope could be reused!
hang 503.jpg

It wasn’t long before it was realized the woman could be hanged naked. She would still die and the crowds were better.

hang 961.jpg

Of course, one could leave the woman hanged from the gallows to deter future crimes… not that it would spare many women! The use of hanging spread to law enforcement. It was widely accepted for executions of both male and female convicts, with female convicts hanged naked when they were away from large eastern cities.
HANG 220.jpg

Word spread quickly that hanging was an efficient way to execute someone. This woman looks like she heard the stories about the noose and looks more afraid of the process of being hanged more than being dead shortly.

hang 580.jpg

Hanging criminals became the standard method of executing the convict. In the 1800s in what would become western states criminals were often lynched by posses the captured them.

This woman was caught on a stolen horse. A rope was set to hang her and her blouse was removed and her hands bound behind her back.

hang 223.jpg

She was mounted on ‘her’ stolen horse and the noose was fitted around her neck. She begged for the men to spare her life.

hang 224.jpg

Western justice prevailed and she was hanged.

hang 225.jpg

Justice was cruel punishment for her. The posse enjoyed her death dance as the rope tightened around her neck.

hang 226.jpg

Slowly the weight of her body cinched the noose tightly around her neck.

hang 227.jpg

She was slowly choked to death. Her death was quite a show.

hang 228.jpg

For more than a quarter hour she futilely fought to free her bound hands.

hang 229.jpg

She lost the battle with the noose and died hanging from the noose.

hang 230.jpg

Taking the stolen horse, they left her hanged by her neck from the tree she was lynched from.

hang 231.jpg

Hanging criminals became the standard method of executing the convict. In the 1800s in what would become western states criminals were often lynched by posses the captured them.

I imagine her executioners were “possessed” in addition to referring to themselves as a “posse”. Why bother with a court of law, right!

In the 1800s in what would become western states criminals were often lynched by posses the captured them.
I imagine her executioners were “possessed” in addition to referring to themselves as a “posse”. Why bother with a court of law, right!
The posse comitatus (from the Latin for "power of the county") or posse, for short, in common law, is a group of people mobilized by the conservator of peace – typically a sheriff – to suppress lawlessness or defend the county. The posse comitatus originated in ninth-century England simultaneous with the creation of the office of sheriff. Though generally obsolete throughout the world, it remains theoretically, and sometimes practically, part of the United States legal system.
Don't forget, this is just a prelude to the story...
One could almost believe that you are enjoying this, Tree.

Of course, the US began to “experiment’ with how a convict was hanged. They experimented with longer drops so the strangulation would not take as long.

hang 127.jpg

Like most (all?) western nations the executions were removed from public display. They even moved on to using the electric chair and gas chambers!

exe chair 005.jpgexe gc 005.jpg

Even that did not put to rest of the ‘abolish the death penalty’ movement.

In the early 2030s evolved a movement known as the International Moral Force (the IMF) that privatized the enforcement of the death penalty. Not only did they lower the cost of capital punishment they made obscure behaviors punishable by the death penalty (they had a powerful lobbying arm).

Eventually they opened the Center for Female Incarceration and Corrections.

There was surprisingly little resistance to the Center for Female Incarceration and Corrections. The conservatives thought all criminals should be treated equally harshly and the liberals thought it was wonderful that that women finally received equal sentences to what men received.

Of course, the progressives thought all capital punishment was wrong and tried to abolish it (again). In fact, Barbara Moore got some screen shot of a Center for Female Incarceration and Corrections execution. Here you see two women with their wrists bound behind their backs climbing the gallows’ steps to suffer their execution.
h 117.jpg

The two women, convicted of having a lesbian affair (in a car!!!), and condemned to death by hanging. They wear the nooses they will hang from and wait for the hangman to pull the lever that will free the trapdoor and hang the women.

h 119.jpg

He pulls the lever and the women’s hangings violently begin.

h 121.jpg

Hangings by the IMF are a painful way to die. The women put up a desperate thrash as they try to escape the tightening nooses slowly choking them to death.

h 124.jpg

The effort is futile. The more they kick about the tighter the nooses get.

h 126.jpg

Soon enough they strangle before the cameras and the crowd.
h 127.jpg

Twenty minutes after they are hanged the ropes have closed their throats and their gasps for air are silenced.

h 133.jpg

After hanging by their necks for almost 30 minutes, the women succumb to the nooses that have strangled them.

h 137.jpg

The hangman seems pleased with his work. The two women have been hanged to death…

“Well, what do you think of that? Will that make your story” Barbara asks.

“Not really. I can get still shots of women being hanged of the internet anytime” ‘Spike’ Sharp of the Crux Chronicle replies. “But I’ll turn these pictures over to a friend of mine at the IMF. You’ll be arrested and convicted for distributing them and sent to the Center for Female Incarceration and Corrections.”

“If that happens, I could end up being hanged” Barb replies emphatically.

caprice 046.jpg

Spike gets up and pulls on his coat. He lights a cigarette and asks “It’s a chance you have to take.”

tree noir 004.jpg

“How important is your cause?”

The conservatives thought all criminals should be treated equally harshly and the liberals thought it was wonderful that that women finally received equal sentences to what men received.

Good to know these folks found something they could agree on ... I think :confused:
Barbara Moore got some screen shot of a Center for Female Incarceration and Corrections execution.

Seemed the right thing to do ... although sticking my neck out like that could lead to trouble ... like a hangman’s noose being fitted to my neck :confused:

“If that happens, I could end up being hanged” Barb replies emphatically.

caprice 046.jpg

Didn’t I just say that? Well sometimes things need repeating! ;)

Spike gets up and pulls on his coat. He lights a cigarette and asks “It’s a chance you have to take.”

tree noir 004.jpg

“How important is your cause?”

Well, Spike, I’m a known rebel and a liberal ... and all my causes are just. Truth, justice and the American way is my credo. You can quote me on that! :)

‘Spike’ Sharp was true to his word. He meet with the head of the IMF and his underlings and handed over Barbara’s photographs of the two women hanged at the IMF’s Center for Female Incarceration and Corrections. The leader asked him what should happen to Barbara Moore.

godfather 001.jpg

“She obviously broke one of your laws. I think she should be arrested, tried, and taken to the CFI&C and be hanged. You’ll make the cost up on pay-per-view” ‘Spike’ replies.

Sure enough, Barb was forcibly arrested!

perp arrest 043.jpg

Unlike cases before a regular court, Barb is tried and found guilty of illegal distribution of pictured depicting the execution of two IMF prisoners at the CFI&C.

court 001 elec.jpg

She is forced to strip in the court before her sentence is read.

court 256.jpg

Despite her attorney’s best efforts, she is sentenced to be hanged by her neck for half a day.
court 251.jpg

She is taken bound and naked by train to the CFI&C where a week later she will be hanged by her neck for a half day.

perp walk 45 a.jpg

It should be noted no one has survived being hanged that long.

Sure enough, Barb was forcibly arrested!

perp arrest 043.jpg

Well, I wasn’t about to come along peacefully! :mad:

Barb is tried and found guilty of illegal distribution of pictured depicting the execution of two IMF prisoners at the CFI&C.

court 001 elec.jpg

At least they bothered to undertake (bad choice of words) the formality of a court trial. :confused:

She is forced to strip in the court before her sentence is read.

court 256.jpg

I can’t imagine why, but they gave me no choice ... :facepalm:

Despite her attorney’s best efforts, she is sentenced to be hanged by her neck for half a day.
court 251.jpg

Best efforts? My ass! He was drunk as a skunk! :doh:

She is taken bound and naked by train to the CFI&C where a week later she will be hanged by her neck for a half day.

perp walk 45 a.jpg

Choo ChooI .. I do love trains! :p

godfather 001.jpg

Would you buy a used car from any of those guys???? :confused:

At the CFI&C…

I am incarcerated at the CFI&C. I am locked in a cell waiting… no, dreading… to be hanged. The warden warned me at my ‘welcome’ visit that being hanged here is not what I may have seen in movies. The drop from the gallows is not a long drop. I will be literally hanged by my neck until I choke to dead. With an evil smile he informed me no one has even died in less than ten minutes. With a cruel smile he added “You should last at least a quarter hour.”

That evening I was brought out to the gallows wearing only the cuffs that locked my wrists behind my back. There were plenty of people in the yard, but I hardly was noticed. They were there to see the woman to be hanged that evening!

On the gallows were an empty noose with a stool set beneath it, the hangman and a woman wearing nothing besides the rope binding her hands behind her back. Her face reflected that noose was waiting for her neck.

I don’t know how she pulled together the nerve to step up on the stool. Her face had a far-away look on it as the hangman fixed the noose around her neck.

hang 506.jpg

With some ceremonial garbage taken care of, the hangman grabs the level and with a swift pull the trapdoor opens and the woman’s stool falls from beneath her feet. My god, they hanged her!

hang 579.jpg

I try to look away but I cannot! My gaze is captured by her puffing cheeks as she struggles to collect her next breath.

hang 602.jpg

I am captivated by the woman’s struggle as she fights the weight of her body that strangles her. She kicks and her arms flay as she tries to escape the noose.
mary hanged 002.jpg

She tosses her body around like it is not attached to her head.

hang 721.jpg

Doesn’t she know her fight is killing her faster? What is running through her head?

hang 1052.jpg

It has been more than ten minutes since they hanged her. She starts to slow down as her energy is spent and the noose tightens around her throat.

hang 603.jpg

It is not much longer before she gives up. The noose has won.

hang 639 b.jpg

Someone grabs my cuffs and says “You should last that long, Barbara.”

“Who are you” I demandingly ask.

barb hang 32.jpg

“They call me ‘Tree’. I’ll hang you this Friday” Tree replies. I guess there is no use arguing.

-Barbara Moore

Back
Top Bottom