The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
I am just informing myself about US-Presidents and found some very interesting quotes from the second one, John Adams:

Before I end my Letter I pray Heaven to bestow the best of Blessings on this House and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise Men ever rule under this roof.
(Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 2 November 1800)

One useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three is a Congress.

Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.

If worthless men are sometimes at the head of affairs, it is, I believe, because worthless men are at the tail and the middle.

Is it known if he was clairvoyant?

I am just informing myself about US-Presidents and found some very interesting quotes from the second one, John Adams:

Before I end my Letter I pray Heaven to bestow the best of Blessings on this House and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise Men ever rule under this roof.

Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.

If worthless men are sometimes at the head of affairs, it is, I believe, because worthless men are at the tail and the middle.

Those are great..

His son, John Quincy Adams (6th President I think), said “There is nothing more pathetic than an ex-president “.. he cannot have imagined an outgoing President refusing to leave the White House and having to be dragged out of the Oval Office kicking and screaming...

John Adams was portrayed excellently by Paul Giamatti in the tv series, highly recommended if you want a good historical binge-watch. John Quincy Adams was played by Anthony Hopkins in the movie “Amistad “.. a movie with many excellent qualities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are great..

His son, John Quincy Adams (6th President I think), said “There is nothing more pathetic than an ex-president “.. he cannot have imagined an outgoing President refusing to leave the White House and having to be dragged out of the Oval Office kicking and screaming...

John Adams was portrayed excellently by Paul Giamatti in the tv series, highly recommended if you want a good historical binge-watch. John Quincy Adams was played by Anthony Hopkins in the movie “Amistad “.. a movie with many excellent qualities.
Amistad was indeed a brilliant film but I don't think it went down too well in the US. Possibly because the British were portrayed as the good guys for a change. I think I've mentioned this before but to bring slavery to an end in the UK the slave owners were paid vast sums of money by the Government. The British tax payer only finished the repayments on the huge loans just a few years ago. Many famous people in the UK are rich today because they inherited those slavery bribes. The Treasury let that slip recently then quickly covered it up.

Amistad was indeed a brilliant film but I don't think it went down too well in the US. Possibly because the British were portrayed as the good guys for a change. I think I've mentioned this before but to bring slavery to an end in the UK the slave owners were paid vast sums of money by the Government. The British tax payer only finished the repayments on the huge loans just a few years ago. Many famous people in the UK are rich today because they inherited those slavery bribes. The Treasury let that slip recently then quickly covered it up.
Yes! Very glad to hear that the National Trust is starting to educate its visitors about where this ostentatious wealth actually came from. “The stately Homes of England, how beautiful they stand..” as Noel Coward put it.. now they look more like tottering piles of cash extorted from the exploitation of Africans. I was shocked to find out about that windfall bailout of the slave-owners, recently in a documentary by David Olusoga.
I watched “Amistad” the other day.. and while the British were indeed portrayed rather kindly, it was Americans such as John Quincy Adams who won the kidnapped Africans their freedom - establishing principles that would be used by the abolitionists to end the atrocity of slavery. Good film but too much schmaltzy music.

Everyone I knew who saw the film praised it as an important piece of history to expose to many who had never heard of the incident. It is sanctimonious at times (like a lot of Spielberg), but it was nominated for and won more than its share of awards, many from American sources (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amistad_(film). Those in the US who may not like it are likely white southerners. As an American educator (and one married to a history teacher), I (and my wife) loved it.

Not clairvoyant in all things:
Clearly he did not foresee social media.
"Facts are for losers" - Donald J Trump, in a deleted tweet.;)

Just going back to Naughty Nursery Rhymes here's one more

Once upon a time, a little girl learned,
not being polite would get her bottom burned.
Her grandmother’s nose wasn’t really that big,
and no little girl, she was not wearing a wig.
The offensive words ruined grandmother’s good mood,
she turned her bottom as red as her red riding hood.

And finally I must award the title of Naughty Nursery Rhyme Writer 2020 to twonines for his efforts.

And finally I must award the title of Naughty Nursery Rhyme Writer 2020 to twonines for his efforts.
Hickory Dickory Dock.
This chastity belt has a lock!
Not having the keys,
She falls to her knees,
And wantonly worships cock.

This old man,
He played one,
He played poker up her bum,
With his ball-sack in her crack,
Stiffer than a bone,
This old man makes bitches moan.

This old man,
He played two,
He played slavegirl lick my shoe,
With a quick whack, sudden smack,
While you’re on your knees,
Suck my dick till Hell might freeze!

This old man,
He played three,
He played bitch, across my knee!
With a swift slap, paddle spank,
Dirty little whore,
Worthless cunt, now lick the floor!

This old man,
He played four,
He played whip her backside raw,
With a whip crack, on her back,
Belly, thighs and tits,
This old man loves her to bits!

:p

Last edited by a moderator:

Little Miss Muffet couldn`t sit on her tuffet
For her misbehaviour she`d had to pay.
She`d bent over her perch for twelve with the birch
Because that was the old fashioned way.

Mary, Mary, unkempt and hairy,
How does your garden grow?
Don`t anyone scoff,
She shaved it all off,
Now it`s all pink and aglow.

Naked, Jane Horner stood in a corner,
Her hands on top of her head.
She ate all the plum duff,