The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
I think with you in Poland the government is pretty close to the Catholic Church, so you can pretend that the government is investigating this completely independently of the church. Here in Germany, on the other hand, I sometimes believe that the only thing that is still Christian in the two major Christian parties, the CDU and CSU, is the C in the name.

Not my fault. They really need to make these canals wider.
Years ago I went to do a job on a ship in Manchester docks, we set of down the Ship Canal heading for the Clyde, assisted by two tugboats. One tug broke down and the other was dispatched to help a vessel in trouble. Our ship continued on its own, after side-swiping another vessel and the bank they moored up at Barton Lock, having decided all was not well. Next morning, having arranged for a diver, he investigated and, on surfacing, he held up a handful of grease and reported that it came from where the starboard rudder should be. A month later, after the ship had been assisted to dry dock and a new rudder fitted, we set off again for Dumbarton.
The crew, with the help of a River Clyde pilot, managed to dock stern first at the shipyard, an amazing operation to watch as they managed it without tug assistance (the Clyde tug crews were on strike) took over an hour. I was told that when the pilot came on board he was offered a drink, "Not now he replied, lets get on with it". When the docking was finally successful he said "Now, I will take a whisky" down in one.

The Suez Company, who built it, still exists.

If you want to file a complaint about it, call them and ask for a certain Monsieur Ferdinand de Lesseps.:icon_tfno:
I did, but was told he’d been dead for over a century. Then they took away my clothing, cuffed me, and said I had a date with the Ketaʿ El Amn El Watani. I said “what’s that?” and they said I’d find out. :confused:

I did, but was told he’d been dead for over a century. Then they took away my clothing, cuffed me, and said I had a date with the Ketaʿ El Amn El Watani. I said “what’s that?” and they said I’d find out. :confused:

Maybe brought her thight little him for the idea, to made the channel small.

Years ago I went to do a job on a ship in Manchester docks, we set of down the Ship Canal heading for the Clyde, assisted by two tugboats. One tug broke down and the other was dispatched to help a vessel in trouble. Our ship continued on its own, after side-swiping another vessel and the bank they moored up at Barton Lock, having decided all was not well. Next morning, having arranged for a diver, he investigated and, on surfacing, he held up a handful of grease and reported that it came from where the starboard rudder should be. A month later, after the ship had been assisted to dry dock and a new rudder fitted, we set off again for Dumbarton.
The crew, with the help of a River Clyde pilot, managed to dock stern first at the shipyard, an amazing operation to watch as they managed it without tug assistance (the Clyde tug crews were on strike) took over an hour. I was told that when the pilot came on board he was offered a drink, "Not now he replied, lets get on with it". When the docking was finally successful he said "Now, I will take a whisky" down in one.
I once experienced being on a CalMac ferry blown sideways across Ardrossan harbour by a sudden gale, the crews on board and on the quayside were impressively cool and efficient, getting the mooring gear linked up to winches that slowly but surely got us safely back where we should be. They just need a squad of Clydesmen out there, they'd do a 3-point turn with that vessel, nae problem!

Back
Top Bottom