The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
Not to interrupt anyone's coffee break, but a little reminder to those who might be inclined that the forum could still do with a denarius or two. Please do consider a donation of any amount to keep us going.
:roto2cafe::periodico::comp4:

Not to interrupt anyone's coffee break, but a little reminder to those who might be inclined that the forum could still do with a denarius or two. Please do consider a donation of any amount to keep us going.
:roto2cafe::periodico::comp4:
And we don't want to go the way of CruxFoundation. Only a few days left.

Just received from ImageMaker....
"This weekend brought in another 10%.
The wallet is 60% full.
This is not enough to pay hosting bill in June.
I am concerned about this state of affairs.
If we do not raise funds, our hosting will be disabled.
I hope this doesn't happen."

Well, I’ve stopped using the term "doomscrolling,” a fairly positive development.
For people like me who have never heard the term it is seeking out bad news that is saddening, disheartening or depressing and the remedy is apparently as follows..
How to stop doomscrolling in 6 steps
  • Don't use your phone as an alarm.
  • Make checking your phone intentional — not compulsive.
  • Opt-out of news alerts.
  • Replace your phone with something that brings joy.
  • Schedule a time to consume news.
  • Give it time.
So how do you avoid bad news?

I don't. I simply watch MSNBC and CNN with the sound off and read the chyrons.

Oops. :rolleyes:
Here I go again! Having to look up definitions. A chyron is an electronically generated caption superimposed on a television or cinema screen. It is named after the company who invented it. So what happens is that some politician is speaking in Urdu with the translation underneath which you are trying to read and then some bloody irrelevant chyron is superimposed over it blocking out the translation.

Back
Top Bottom