The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
There are some members who (for whatever reason) don’t insert their images as thumbnails when posting. I don’t know if this is a deliberate decision (I think someone mentioned they like the fact that, if you don’t insert them as thumbnails, you get a view count which tells you how many times the image has been viewed; this goes away if you insert as thumbnails). Sometimes I suspect people just don’t know HOW to insert as thumbnails.

However, there are at least two advantages to inserting as thumbnails. First, your post will be MUCH prettier, as the pics won’t be smeared out over a wide area like butter over too much bread (Tolkien reference for fellow nerds).. :rolleyes:

Secondly, if the pics are inserted as thumbnails, another member can highlight one of the thumbnails and use the “quote” option to respond to that picture; the thumbnail then comes up in their response too, so anyone reading their response knows exactly which pic they’re responding to, without having to click away from their post. In other words, using thumbnails makes it easier for people to respond, adding comments or captions if they want, and means less tedious scrolling past yards of blurry shit.

If you think having a view-counter is such a great advantage that it outweighs all of that, well fine, it’s up to you of course. But you’re wrong :rolleyes:

Yeah while I’m sitting in the ranting corner, please please PLEASE credit artists by name when you upload their work.
:rolleyes:
What, you like their work enough to post it here, but you don’t respect the person who made it enough to mention their name????
:doh:

If you don’t know who made the art, then shouldn’t you WANT to know? At least put “sorry I don’t know who made this artwork.. please tell me if you recognise it”?????????:confused:

Seriously please stop USING artists’ work without crediting them: you’re not helping them, you’re just being a parasite.:(

it’s possible I may have done it myself in the past, so feel free to throw that at me, if you can find an example. But I won’t be doing it again.. and I won’t be giving “likes” to members who continue to use art without any credit to the artist. If you like what they do enough to post it here, you OWE them at least a name-check, or a link to their site, or SOMETHING.

OK that’s my rant. Coffee please ;):p
(P.s. I know a lot of members already DO post well, with credit etc.. for example @wulf and @elephas, among others; keep up the good work)

Last edited by a moderator:
here are some members who (for whatever reason) don’t insert their images as thumbnails when posting. I don’t know if this is a deliberate decision (I think someone mentioned they like the fact that, if you don’t insert them as thumbnails, you get a view count which tells you how many times the image has been viewed; this goes away if you insert as thumbnails).

Actually the view counter works just fine when attaching images as thumbnails. At least it has for me.

There are some members who (for whatever reason) don’t insert their images as thumbnails when posting. I don’t know if this is a deliberate decision (I think someone mentioned they like the fact that, if you don’t insert them as thumbnails, you get a view count which tells you how many times the image has been viewed; this goes away if you insert as thumbnails). Sometimes I suspect people just don’t know HOW to insert as thumbnails.

However, there are at least two advantages to inserting as thumbnails. First, your post will be MUCH prettier, as the pics won’t be smeared out over a wide area like butter over too much bread (Tolkien reference for fellow nerds).. :rolleyes:

Secondly, if the pics are inserted as thumbnails, another member can highlight one of the thumbnails and use the “quote” option to respond to that picture; the thumbnail then comes up in their response too, so anyone reading their response knows exactly which pic they’re responding to, without having to click away from their post. In other words, using thumbnails makes it easier for people to respond, adding comments or captions if they want, and means less tedious scrolling past yards of blurry shit.

If you think having a view-counter is such a great advantage that it outweighs all of that, well fine, it’s up to you of course. But you’re wrong :rolleyes:
How do I use the Quote option? I could never figure out how it worked.
I do see replies to posts, that directly contains the same image as a thumbnail, but I never knew how it was done

How do I use the Quote option? I could never figure out how it worked.
I do see replies to posts, that directly contains the same image as a thumbnail, but I never knew how it was done
If a post contains thumbnails, you just highlight the one you want to respond to, and the green “quote” button appears just below it. If you’re on a computer it’s easy with a mouse.

On iPhone it’s harder, you can’t highlight a single thumbnail without clicking on it.. but if there’s any text in the same post you can highlight that using “select”, and then move the “select goalposts” until they bracket the thumbnail you want.

For example this post

BA3EFFD6-331C-4E44-B789-17C0255C7865.png
Let’s say you wanna quote the third pic. If you’re on a computer with a mouse, just block highlight the thumbnail, no problem. On iPhone you have to highlight on the text first, doesn’t matter where

8AE4D1D6-2507-4373-B3F7-3722BAB69911.png
then move the goalposts like this

23515B2F-8E4C-4946-ABA3-7085013D968B.pngF87D6EB1-F12B-46F4-B987-0E8DCC4EEC7B.png
until only that thumbnail is highlighted, then click “quote”
And hey presto :thumbsup:
(If there’s no text you’re screwed, I don’t think it can be done in iPhone!)

Scan_20170502.jpg
Yes! It worked. Phew. :rolleyes:

If a post contains thumbnails, you just highlight the one you want to respond to, and the green “quote” button appears just below it. If you’re on a computer it’s easy with a mouse.

On iPhone it’s harder, you can’t highlight a single thumbnail without clicking on it.. but if there’s any text in the same post you can highlight that using “select”, and then move the “select goalposts” until they bracket the thumbnail you want.

For example this post

View attachment 1050569
Let’s say you wanna quote the third pic. If you’re on a computer with a mouse, just block highlight the thumbnail, no problem. On iPhone you have to highlight on the text first, doesn’t matter where

View attachment 1050570

View attachment 1050571View attachment 1050572
Thank you for reminding me never to switch to an iPhone.

For example this post

View attachment 1050569

View attachment 1050570

View attachment 1050571View attachment 1050572
It says "Message added to multi-quote", and the quote option at the bottom of your post changes from a plus symbol, to a minus symbol, but I don't know how to add it into my post.

Thanks for posting. This happens to be one of my pet peeves too. Thumbnails from everyone would be great IMHO.

Hey @Wragg ! I found this little chap wandering around, I think he escaped from your avatar. What’s his name?
View attachment 1052822
It appears

to have a name that is not repeatable in an August establishment such as the Coffee Shop! :eek:

But it was, at least, a gift from Barb!

It appears

to have a name that is not repeatable in an August establishment such as the Coffee Shop! :eek:

But it was, at least, a gift from Barb!
Well… do try to keep your pets under control! :p

What a waste.. they spent £6 million building a fake mound in the middle of London (at Marble Arch, site of the notorious “Tyburn Tree”, where criminals were executed) .. and they don’t even hold public crucifixions at the top! :doh:
No wonder it’s already known as “London’s worst tourist attraction”, people are literally going there just to see if it’s as bad as they’ve heard .. but whether such “irony tourists” will shell out the entrance fee (yes, they charge you £3.50 to walk up a flight of steps.. tempting!!) remains to be seen :p

Well, you can always see something positive in such "attractions".
For example, I have just learned some new English words which I did not know before like "underwhelmed" and "teething problems". And there are new combinations in this article from "The Guardian" which remind me of beautiful German word combinations like "Teletubby hill" which would fit perfectly into the German word "Kindergarten-"Teletubby-Hügel".
All in all, I really liked to read this article - certainly only for linguistic and etymological reasons because I regard myself as a scientist-in-spe, prevented by destiny ... but this is another story.
;):D:facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom