The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
I’ve posted quite a few there myself

Absolutely right!

So, I just mentioned my concern VERY politely to one of those high volume posters, and it did not go down well. Apparently I’m engaging in censorship and even “inquisition”. Chance would be a fine thing! :doh:
They DO get snooty when you engage in censorship and inquisitions :cool:

I’ve posted quite a few there myself

Absolutely right!

So, I just mentioned my concern VERY politely to one of those high volume posters, and it did not go down well. Apparently I’m engaging in censorship and even “inquisition”. Chance would be a fine thing! :doh:
There is an art to it. First engage, chat a little. Hold off on addressing the issue immediately, and offer advice and await acceptance before giving it.
So it ideally takes more than one message. Then when giving the feedback, use the shit sandwich approach - something nice, then the real message, then finish off nice again.

There is an art to it. First engage, chat a little. Hold off on addressing the issue immediately, and offer advice and await acceptance before giving it.
So it ideally takes more than one message. Then when giving the feedback, use the shit sandwich approach - something nice, then the real message, then finish off nice again.
Apart from the 'finish off nice' thing, you just lined out the perfect inquisitioner strategy!:roto2cafe:

It seems Newfoundland is in the fourth wave of covid 19 , there is now 180 active cases , 41 new today and 2 deaths
The town where I live has had 5 deaths since September 1. The vaccines are free, and they work, especially against fatal outcomes. Merck is testing a pill invented by a small start-up that will treat the disease if given early enough. (The only effective treatment now is remdesivir, and it requires timely intravenous administration). I hope people will accept a pill and not worry about microchips and what not. The 73-year-old Cardinal Burke, the vaccine "skeptic" who got COVID back in August, is finally out of the hospital, but his "rehabilitation" is going very slowly. He thinks God saved him for some important task (which of course explains why he came down with it in the first place).
This is a tragic farce, and doesn't need to happen. I keep hoping that rationality will prevail, and people will judge "risk" intelligently, so once again the "true North" can be "strong and free".

If anyone had told me 3 years ago how crazy conspiracy theories in a pandemic in the near future could become, I would not have believed it.
Although here in Germany compared to the size of the population in other European countries, we were better going through the pandemic than most of our neighbouring countries but the interesting side effect is that our conspiracy theorists are probably becoming even more radicalized because they are becoming aware of measures by the state and media against them. Their theories are now so absurd that one have to wonder why someone is still listening to them.
In an article from a Berliner newspaper, you could read about a YouTube-Channel by them in which they phantasize for hours every day about the dangers of a vaccination: "There are alien things in a vaccination which are looking under a microscope like micro-Octopuses!" (AAARGH!)

And when you look at these self-appointed and ridiculous "experts" and their haircuts in the picture of them in this article, you must admit, they might have had these octopuses already in their brains under their haircuts even before the pandemic started:

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.10.05_08h21m49s_002_.jpg

In the German hospital units for intensive care are now almost everywhere only those who did not vaccinate up to now, sometimes because they felt young and strong enough to get through this disease, sometimes because they were "freedom-lovers" and they do not believe in any kind of governmental advice, sometimes they believe in conspiracy theories. When there are 50 persons with Covid-19-symptoms in a German unit for intensive care, only 2 of them might have been ill in spite of their vaccination, one of them was vaccinated only once of two possibilities and one might have had a "breakthrough" because of illnesses before or because of his age being older than 80 years.
48 out of 50 persons in German intensive care are right now there because they were NOT vaccinated and although they are now in danger of an unnecessary death, up to 10 of them still do not believe that Covid-19 exists or that this could be so dangerous for them. The German doctors and nurses there are constantly shaking their heads and in a mood between frustration and anger because they see that it is impossible to convince such people. They are now patients in a danger for their life and they do not believe this fact.
For some people, the level of their stubbornness and stupidity is simply inexplicable and far from any rational thinking.
And this is something which I would never have expected to such an extent in a worldwide size.
I also would not have expected that our modern societies in some states could accept so many deaths without a changing in their governments when they are doing too few against the pandemic (Brazil, Tanzania, etc.), but we human beings obviously can get used to everything and also to catastrophes when you do not really need to see the victims every day.
The worst case in Europe right now seems to be in Russia, although the government and the media there are warning every day, calling for vaccinations and although the Russian vaccination was one of the first without a real scientific confirmation but it seems to work. In spite of this all, the Russians seem to believe in other "home-made pseudo-medication" and so, for about one month now, between 800 and 900 persons are dying there every day because of Covid-19 in official numbers!
(Comparison: In Germany and France, the numbers equalized to about 50 deaths every day in each of our countries. Germany: around 82 million inhabitants, France: 68 million inhabitants, Russia: 146 million inhabitants.)
Imagine only 3 years ago, all the media worldwide would have reported when there would have happened something causing the death of so many people in the same day like 3 jumbo-jets were crashing every day. Now this is happening every day in only one country and we are or were getting used to such numbers relatively fast.
I do not know if this all is a really good sign of "humanity".

But another completely different question: After having worked for a long time at night and being jobless right now - sleeping again whenever I want to - I was sleeping through this whole night for the first time again and although I am still looking like this right now ...

1a_ji.jpg

... I feel almost human again and not like a vampire any more ... but I just had to see on German TV morning news that the world was in a turmoil because Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram were down for hours worldwide and the shares of Facebook tumbled down, too:

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.10.05_08h04m13s_001_.jpg

Is this a good sign for me when I did not remark anything of all of this and it did not affect me in any kind? Or am I simply becoming too old for this world?

But another completely different question: After having worked for a long time at night and being jobless right now - sleeping again whenever I want to - I was sleeping through this whole night for the first time again and although I am still looking like this right now ...

View attachment 1071505

... I feel almost human again and not like a vampire any more ... but I just had to see on German TV morning news that the world was in a turmoil because Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram were down for hours worldwide and the shares of Facebook tumbled down, too:

View attachment 1071506

Is this a good sign for me when I did not remark anything of all of this and it did not affect me in any kind? Or am I simply becoming too old for this world?
oho maybe will be like in cyberpunk game someone hacker do new type of viruses called rabbids and throw they on world internet and world internet go down later just every country do own little wifi lan web but they wont be connected to other countrys webs and also oryginal internet cannot be restored :oops: :cat:

I didn't know this stuff was down until I read your post. Socioal media is a cancer on society and frankly the world would be a much better place is these sites never came back online

View attachment 1071505

View attachment 1071506

Well, a cure for the night shift, now that we have the internet and all kinds of access, is to watch the news and what not on a channel from Alaska or Hawaii or someplace where the day is still on when it is off in Germany.

If anyone had told me 3 years ago how crazy conspiracy theories in a pandemic in the near future could become, I would not have believed it.
And when you look at these self-appointed and ridiculous "experts" and their haircuts in the picture of them in this article, you must admit, they might have had these octopuses already in their brains under their haircuts even before the pandemic started:

View attachment 1071471

Attachments

• Ancient Aliens Guy.png
    Ancient Aliens Guy.png
    77.8 KB · Views: 32
It’s weird how they will believe anything - literally anything - except the truth. Show them an empirical fact backed by evidence, and suddenly they’re all “skeptical”. :doh: I don’t know what the solution is. Maybe education. Teach people how to evaluate claims and check facts. Of course the government doesn’t want people taught how to do that; people might start asking their leaders awkward questions…

Last edited by a moderator:
Although here in Germany compared to the size of the population in other European countries, we were better going through the pandemic than most of our neighbouring countries but the interesting side effect is that our conspiracy theorists are probably becoming even more radicalized because they are becoming aware of measures by the state and media against them. Their theories are now so absurd that one have to wonder why someone is still listening to them.
In an article from a Berliner newspaper, you could read about a YouTube-Channel by them in which they phantasize for hours every day about the dangers of a vaccination: "There are alien things in a vaccination which are looking under a microscope like micro-Octopuses!" (AAARGH!)

View attachment 1071471

In the German hospital units for intensive care are now almost everywhere only those who did not vaccinate up to now, sometimes because they felt young and strong enough to get through this disease, sometimes because they were "freedom-lovers" and they do not believe in any kind of governmental advice, sometimes they believe in conspiracy theories. When there are 50 persons with Covid-19-symptoms in a German unit for intensive care, only 2 of them might have been ill in spite of their vaccination, one of them was vaccinated only once of two possibilities and one might have had a "breakthrough" because of illnesses before or because of his age being older than 80 years.
48 out of 50 persons in German intensive care are right now there because they were NOT vaccinated and although they are now in danger of an unnecessary death, up to 10 of them still do not believe that Covid-19 exists or that this could be so dangerous for them. The German doctors and nurses there are constantly shaking their heads and in a mood between frustration and anger because they see that it is impossible to convince such people. They are now patients in a danger for their life and they do not believe this fact.
For some people, the level of their stubbornness and stupidity is simply inexplicable and far from any rational thinking.
And this is something which I would never have expected to such an extent in a worldwide size.
I also would not have expected that our modern societies in some states could accept so many deaths without a changing in their governments when they are doing too few against the pandemic (Brazil, Tanzania, etc.), but we human beings obviously can get used to everything and also to catastrophes when you do not really need to see the victims every day.
The worst case in Europe right now seems to be in Russia, although the government and the media there are warning every day, calling for vaccinations and although the Russian vaccination was one of the first without a real scientific confirmation but it seems to work. In spite of this all, the Russians seem to believe in other "home-made pseudo-medication" and so, for about one month now, between 800 and 900 persons are dying there every day because of Covid-19 in official numbers!
(Comparison: In Germany and France, the numbers equalized to about 50 deaths every day in each of our countries. Germany: around 82 million inhabitants, France: 68 million inhabitants, Russia: 146 million inhabitants.)
Imagine only 3 years ago, all the media worldwide would have reported when there would have happened something causing the death of so many people in the same day like 3 jumbo-jets were crashing every day. Now this is happening every day in only one country and we are or were getting used to such numbers relatively fast.
I do not know if this all is a really good sign of "humanity".
I can't believe Wolfgang Wodarg is really the name of that mad professor looking guy! :meparto:

I can't believe Wolfgang Wodarg is really the name of that mad professor looking guy! :meparto:

"Few people have (enough of) the imagination for reality."
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

There are sometimes German(ic) names which already sound strange enough in German but in other languages, they can sound "incredible" or create "connotations" no one ever expected in original German language like "Ursula Andress" and I was told that most English-speaking men watching the names at the end of James-Bond-Movies had something in mind like "un-" and "dress".
:eek:
Or another real German name of which even Germans cannot believe that this is real but it is.
There is a German comedian who is always asked by colleagues and foreigners if this is his funny invented "artist's name" as comedian but he says:
"No, it is really the name of my family! Sadly or happily, it really prevented me from a career as journalist and war correspondent what I once really wanted to be, because imagine the anchorman of a German TV news channel, asking me: 'Now, we have our war correspondant live online. How is the situation there in the war zone, Sebastian Pufpaff ?' "
:facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom