The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
T

The Fallen Angel

Hi,
I think this bit of the Forum could be put to better use, it seems to be dying slowly and only serves to replicate other bits of the site and hence confuse. We could open a coffee shop here where people can drop in just for a chat, post off topic pics, ask for and give advice and generally post anything that may be useful to others. In the past we have sought advice on technical stuff from Algabal, Jedakk, Hans and others, but if I wanted to refer back to the replies then where would they be? Many threads simply get buried after a few weeks. A typical example was Models to Crucify. Several people replied but it soon got lost. If The Coffee Shop was used often then it would stay on the first page and be an easy reference point. I've attached three pics which appear to be off topic but we have used all three in the past.
I know that Damian decolourised his pics before recolouring them. We use Adobe Photoshop Elements and I'm sure it has such a function but we can't get it to work.
Mel

Attachments

• Down 147.jpg
    Down 147.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 14,438
  • Down 209.jpg
    Down 209.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 14,385
  • Down 265.jpg
    Down 265.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 13,988
I have no idea of the menu structure of Photoshop Elements but pretty much any program will offer something called "HSV adjustment" where H = Hue S = Saturation V =Value (Brightness more or less) - you want to influence "Saturation".
It might be available as Saturation directly in some menu.
Also you can use "selective color" both to work over the coloration or start adding new colors to a desaturated element.

Hi,
Allow me to introduce Suzie, she's one of our waitress's here at The Coffee Shop. You can have Cappucino, Espresso, Cafe au lait or any recipe you know. You can also have alcoholic drinks and may I recommend two rather fruity wines from the vineyards of Isolda. You could even have a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster but only with written permission of your psychiatrist.
I think the other pic is an old Damian. It looks like somebody has chopped the writing off.
Sound checks have now been successfully carried out at our new arena.
Mel
P.S.
All drinks here are free.

Attachments

• Wine.jpg
    Wine.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 12,481
  • Waitress.jpg
    Waitress.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 12,874
  • 511518572.jpg
    511518572.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 13,487
I'll have to say something here, as someone who lives in one of the premier wine-growing regions in Germany: No self-respecting citizen of that country drinks "Blue Nun" or "(*)frauenmilch". That stuff is noxious. It's intended only for export (as, when you send toxic waste abroad to get rid of it...) Or for bums.

perhaps an dutch flavour
and what about her as waitress :lol:

Attachments

• bloedwijn43.jpg
    bloedwijn43.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 11,991
  • waitress Dokic.jpg
    waitress Dokic.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 11,640
algabal said:
I'll have to say something here, as someone who lives in one of the premier wine-growing regions in Germany: No self-respecting citizen of that country drinks "Blue Nun" or "(*)frauenmilch". That stuff is noxious. It's intended only for export (as, when you send toxic waste abroad to get rid of it...) Or for bums.

We do vaguely remember the stuff. I think Britain is the only country where you order wine by its colour, "Would that be a glass of red or white madam, or would you prefer a glass of the house wine?". The Germans sent us Blue Nun and the French their Golden Delicious apples. Delicious they were not. We have been to France and Germany several times with school musical trips and sampled real wine. We do now get the proper stuff.
We've just been sat outside for a while waiting for the Perseus meteor shower but it's not showed up yet. Maybe tomorrow, nice being on holiday.
Mel

admihoek said:
perhaps an dutch flavour
and what about her as waitress :lol:

Hi Hans,
The waitress looks fine. She is hired but please tell her that if a customer called algabal makes certain ungentlemany proposals concerning her breasts to contact me ASAP.
I like the look of that Ginseng wine but I can't read the recipe. Can you post a higher resolution copy? I'm sure we could reproduce something similar.
Thanks
Mel

Taking up today's offer by the waitress, of "Coffee, Tea or Me" -in a classy establishment such as this Shop, I trust the third option is served with the proper accessories for delightful indulgence (such as, a good choice from the house's collection of nails, skewers, brands, braziers, whips & ropes... :)
When it comes to wine I think with this product, the Dutch are going to run into trouble with the Klingons. They have galaxy-wide brand ownership of "blood wine" and anything with a similar label.

Melissa my love:

In America we also put in the initial order by color and then select from the list. Well those of us who do drink (I don't) do.

And you want an apple ripoff go to Japan. One of my brothers used to be a merchant marine officer based out of Japan and he said you could get 6 very mediocre Japanese apples for about $35 (and that was about 8 years ago). And the reason that you can't get foreign apples in Japan is because Japanese apples are so superior to the rest of the world's.

In reality the Japanese farmer and is industrial allies is a very powerful political force in Japan.

But speaking of something to eat I think it would be fun to dine out (or is it in) on the either the blond or the brunette in the first post.

kisses

willowfall

Hi Willowfall,
Or should that be ????? Willofall. I remember that Good morning was Ohio gozimas but most of it has gone now.
Many people over here dine out in pubs because restaurant prices can be silly. Over the bar is the wine list. It usually says Red $16 per bottle, White $16 per bottle. In some pubs it says Superior wine, Normal wine and House wine (that’s for the riff raff). Having chosen the colour or quality there is no further alternative. Pub landlords/ladies often prefer to sell wine by the glass but many are removing small and medium glasses so you can only buy a large and expensive glass.
I think your brother was stationed in Osaka. I’m really surprised that he found food expensive. Last year we visited a friend in Shizuoka (Just been hit by an earthquake) and found that eating out was cheaper than over here. Hotels were also much cheaper. The sushi restaurants were particularly good value. The Govt. certainly look after their farmers. Japan is now obliged to buy rice from other countries, which they do….but it’s not for sale. All imported rice is stored in massive air cooled warehouses.
The cheapest hotel we stayed in was in the red light district of Fukuoka. We didn’t know it was downtown at the time of booking but it was very safe there. We were advised however not to visit snack bars. I attach a pic of one. One of the many places we visited was Hiroshima and a beautiful island just a short ferry ride called Myajima with a magnificent shrine. Next time we go we’ll take some warm clothing and work our way down from the north island. We’ll also try not to miss the cherry blossom.
XX
Mel

Attachments

• Temple.jpg
    Temple.jpg
    351.3 KB · Views: 10,926
  • Fukuyama clubs.jpg
    Fukuyama clubs.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 10,508
  • Snack bar.jpg
    Snack bar.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 10,512
algabal said:
Taking up today's offer by the waitress, of "Coffee, Tea or Me" -in a classy establishment such as this Shop, I trust the third option is served with the proper accessories for delightful indulgence (such as, a good choice from the house's collection of nails, skewers, brands, braziers, whips & ropes... :)
When it comes to wine I think with this product, the Dutch are going to run into trouble with the Klingons. They have galaxy-wide brand ownership of "blood wine" and anything with a similar label.

Hi,
I'm sure all our waitresses can satisfy your thirst! During our last holiday we popped over to Pirano in Slovenia for a day. While we were there they had an open air antiques market so we took a few pics. The "stallholder" looked a little puzzled as to why we were photographing his collection, but since he couldn't speak English and we can't speak Slovenian he never found out.
Going to try and spot that meteor shower tonight. If we do see them we'd better not wake up blind with rampant Triffids on the loose.
Mel

Attachments

• Instruments.jpg
    Instruments.jpg
    398.3 KB · Views: 11,226
They sure do look like Damian's stuff, but I've not seen them before. "getimg.jpeg" appeals especially to a number of my perversions.

Thanks for sharing, Melissa. Lots.

melissa said:
I think your brother was stationed in Osaka. I’m really surprised that he found food expensive. Last year we visited a friend in Shizuoka (Just been hit by an earthquake) and found that eating out was cheaper than over here. Hotels were also much cheaper. The sushi restaurants were particularly good value. The Govt. certainly look after their farmers. Japan is now obliged to buy rice from other countries, which they do….but it’s not for sale. All imported rice is stored in massive air cooled warehouses.
Mel

Correct beautiful he was stationed in Osaka (I'm a little surprised you remembered that).

I think there is a big difference in any country between staying with the locals and being there on business. He rarely left the ship in Japan as they unloaded, headed out got back with another cargo and then did the same cycle all over again. So he really didn't develop any friends over there just business acquaintances.

And like any country if you know where to go (even in NYC) you can get a hell of a deal. But if you don't, then your sunk.

Japan could import staples (like rice, vegetables and fruits) at much lower costs than they can produce it themselves, even from the US but domestic politics prevent them from doing that. I guess the governments are the same all over, don't do the right things just do what gets you re-elected and the consequences in the future are someone else's problems.

He also said something very interesting. That Southern and Northern Japanese are actually racially different and they can actually tell each other apart (the country being generally homogeneous racially) and I had acquaintances from Korea and Vietnam in college who said the same thing is true for their countries too.

I always get wet over Asian cruxing but there really isn't a lot about the historical practice available in the US. I did read once about a Damiyo who lost a battle and the victor publicly crucified his wife and four children to humiliate him before the hunted him down in the mountains.

kisses

willowfall

apostate630 said:
They sure do look like Damian's stuff, but I've not seen them before. "getimg.jpeg" appeals especially to a number of my perversions.

Hi Apostate,
Nice to see you in our little shop. Please take your shoes off and put your feet up, Suzie will serve you. In the meantime here are a couple more pics. One we think is Damian's. I can see your glasses are steaming up already. Don't worry Suzie will attend to that. If you liked "getimg" then you may have a pleasant surprise this Saturday around 7.00 pm GMT when Julie & Mel's new coloseum is officially opened, exclusive and live on CruxForums so make sure you have your ticket.
Enjoy your coffee.
Mel

Attachments

• 54496289.jpg
    54496289.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 5,144
  • 622738841.jpg
    622738841.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 5,079
melissa said:
apostate630 said:

If you liked "getimg" then you may have a pleasant surprise this Saturday around 7.00 pm GMT when Julie & Mel's new coloseum is officially opened, exclusive and live on CruxForums so make sure you have your ticket.
Enjoy your coffee.
Mel
i prefer beer (or dutch bloedwijn, german gluhwein oder.........) but that's why i asked for someone others perhaps this friend of the roman.

Attachments

• NEWBanket.jpg
    NEWBanket.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 3,856
Thanks for the welcomin', Melissa. And thanks for the head's up on the Colosseum. Looking forward to that.

I've been delving back into my own Damian stash, and found this one. Hope it's new for you, and mostly hope you like it.

Attachments

• forsale2.jpg
    forsale2.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 4,962
Hi Willowfall,
Osaka was the first place we visited after spending a night at the airport hotel. The two things that hit us most about Japan were the amazing scenery, all mountains, valleys, rivers, rice fields, and forests. We had our noses glued to the train windows while the other passengers read books or comics. The other thing was the huge culture shock. We were on a train when a primary school girl in her sailor uniform approached us. Our friend Ai said that she was asking permission to sit next to us. Of course we said Ok. She opened her brief case and did some homework on her knee. When it was her stop she stood up in the middle of the aisle, bowed and thanked us for letting her sit next to us. A group of High School kids got on. The girls had identical uniform. Crisp, white tailored shirts with a large blue frilly bow. Immaculate blue blazers with gold coloured buttons down the front and on the cuffs. Very, very short tartan miniskirts, white ankle socks, and black shiny shoes with a bow. And of course legs to die for and not one ounce of spare fat between them. They all had matching shiny brown leather brief cases and shoulder bags for sportswear. They weren’t allowed any makeup (not that they needed any!) and could wear just one ring. Of course they didn’t use chewing gum or eat sweets in public places. When they reached their stop they picked up their bicycles from the station, put their bags in the baskets and had a good cycle round before going for a coffee and then home.
Everywhere we went we were treated like royalty. Some workmen by the road bowed and said “Ohio gozimas.†Then one of them stopped the traffic for us to cross the road.
In the larger stores there wouldn’t be one assistant per counter, it would usually be two and each counter would have its own cash desk. I think the general attitude was that it’s better to have people working than claiming benefits.
Everywhere we went people were so polite and helpful. It was a culture shock of a different sort when we got home.
XX
Mel

apostate630 said:
Thanks for the welcomin', Melissa. And thanks for the head's up on the Colosseum. Looking forward to that.

I've been delving back into my own Damian stash, and found this one. Hope it's new for you, and mostly hope you like it.

Hi Apostate,
It is new to us, thanks. How about this one?
Mel

Attachments

• 1271373553.jpg
    1271373553.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 5,451
Back
Top Bottom