The cost of tax dollars

Go to CruxDreams.com

thehangingtree

Proconsul
Staff member
Sometime ago, the date is not recorded, Chene and his cousins ran a still in the woods. The beverages brews were considered very tasteful to some but overpowering to others. Chene and his cousins found it to be a tasty adult beverage.

tree cousins 013 b.jpg

But during that time, the Imperial Army of the neighboring empire raided the countryside. Their goal was to take anything of value and tax the rest. This did not sit well with Chene, a private sot of guy but could be provoked into a serious warrior.

arnoldconan.jpg

Chene took it upon himself to raid the stockrooms of the Imperial Army. After all, stolen wares were difficult to tax. Chene’s heists became more bold as time passed. One day he raided the stockroom near the governor’s home. Unfortunately, the governor and his wife were at the storeroom. Chene slayed the governor with a single blow of his sword and took his wife captive. He bound her arms then she surprised Chene by kneeling before him. She calmly said “I never liked him. I was married to him at the order of the emperor. Is there any way I can convince you to spare my life?”

head 41 A.jpg

Chene cleared his throat and said “Sure. You can suck my dick.”

To his amazement the woman quickly took his erect cock in her mouth and gave him the best head her had ever been given!

head 061.jpg

Of course Chene’s word is about as good as wanted poster that would eventually bear his face and name. He sort of kept his word. When the woman finished sucking his cock, he pulled out a rope and hanged her from a tree.

hang 1178.jpg

The poor woman only kicked for a few minutes before the noose took her life.

It turns out Chene murdering the governor and hanging his wife had political consequences. The governor was the son of the invading emperor and is (arranged) wife was the emperor’s daughter-in-law. Wanted posters went out for Chene and he made like a tree and hid in the forests. He left behind his significant other along with their young daughter.

The emperor’s troops came to Chene-s house. They found only Chene’s woman, Flora who insisted she had no idea where Chene was hiding.

h 001 C.jpg

A short shuffle broke out, but the emperor’s guards quickly detained her.

h 001 f.jpg

Flora was arrested and placed in the emperor’s dungeon to wait for her trial. The accommodations were less than pleasant though as a non-convicted prisoner of the emperor she was at least allowed some attire, though the rags were far beneath what she was accustomed to.

dungeon 038 a.jpg

Flora held hope that she would plead her case and be set free.

court 253.png

She was holding false hopes. She was stripped of the rags that had been her clothing and paraded naked into her trial. No one in the crowd seemed at all sympathetic to her plight.

court 19.jpg

Flora was presented nude before the court. The charges against her were numerous and lengthy, but she understood the major charge against her was that she refused to turn over her lover Chene. She doubted she would have considering her experience so far in the emperor’s court.

court 239 A.jpg

She was presented to the senior members of the court with her hands tied behind her back. One after another the men each took one of the charges against her and pleaded for the court to find Flora guilty of the charge.

court 259 e.jpg

There was no interest of hearing any of Flora’s possible rebuttals. In the empire, being charged of a crime is the same as being guilty of it. So with the appropriate pomp, the judge recommends that Flora be found guilty of all charges brought against her and that she be held in the emperor’s dungeon until her sentence was handed down by the elders.

court 17.jpg

Flora did not understand what the court had agreed to but her life in the dungeon became a living hell. When not being used by the guards she was held in a cramped cell.

court 224.jpg

The balance of the time the guards had their way with her, using her in ways too horrific to describe.

dungeon 061 A.jpg

Flora prayed that she would be sentenced soon.

dungeon 064.jpg

Maybe then the guards’ abuse would stop.

Flora’s wish that she was soon sentenced was answered but with ramifications she could not have foreseen. The court had indeed found her guilty of all charges brought against her. It was time for her to appear before the court’s elders and have her sentence voted on.

Flora was led out to a veranda. As a convicted criminal she wore nothing but a heavy neck collar with a chain lead.

c 0004 c.jpg

She saw the crowd on the deck below her and asked the guards what was going on. One of them replied “You’ll find out soon enough, woman!”

The guard removed the collar and told Flora she was now dressed to meet the emperor. Flora was confused but the guard pushed her towards the finely dressed man standing at the front of the veranda.

c 006 A.jpg

He glanced at her from head to her bare feet and sighs “You will look divine serving your sentence.”

Flora was uncertain what the emperor meant but assumed how she looked would please those witnessing her sentence instead of how she felt receiving it. The emperor addressed the elders and the crowd watching. Loudly he announced “This woman, Flora, has been found guilty of numerous crimes against the empire, the worse of which is failing to turn over the murderer of the governor and his beloved wife. I call on you, wise elders, to declare an appropriate sentence on this woman!”

As if rehearsed the elders called out “Crucify her! Crucify her!”

The emperor feigned his objection declaring “But she is a woman! Crucifixion is reserved for male criminals against the state.”

The elders were not swayed calling louder “Crucify her!”

Pretending he had no sway over the elders he raises his hands and said “It is the will of the elders. I sentence Flora to be crucified on the Hill of Death. Prepare her for her sentence!”

Flora had never heard such a word as ‘crucify’ before. She looked up to the emperor and asked “What does ‘crucify’ mean?”

c 0005.jpg

With an evil smile he replied “Woman, you will soon learn what it means.”

The emperor turned to the guards and yelled “Guards, seize this bitch and prepare her for crucifixion!”

The guards followed the emperor’s orders and grabbed Flora’s wrists.

c 0051.jpg

She still was not aware of what the crucifixion would be but was certainly not looking forward to whatever they had planned for her. This early morning has not gone well for Flora.

Flora was taken from the veranda. The guards gathered around her and placed a wicked crown of thorns on her head, using a prod to insure it was secure.

a thorn B cr.jpg

Once crowned, Flora is brought out to the veranda again. The crowd mockingly voice their approval of her new ‘jewelry’.

a2.jpg

Flora is less than amused. She said “These bastards act like they have never seen a woman naked before them.”

“Never one about to be crucified” a guard exclaims. “Usually, women are beheaded. Its much quicker!”

A vision of being beheaded pops in Flora’s mind.

behead 021 A.jpg

She wondered how this ‘crucifixion’ could be worse than losing her head. The guard, not concerned with Flora’s question said “We must make you look the part.”

a4.jpg

A pair of shears were produced and Flora’s long lochs were sheared to shoulder length. A guard proclaims “Now the bitch looks ready to be crucified!”

a3.jpg

Flora is not pleased with her haircut or the guard’s remark.

What does ‘crucify’ mean?
Tree will tell you, never fear, dear. He's forgotten more about crucifixion than I'll ever know.

If we you are really lucky you'll get a practical demonstration. ;)

Flora’s day went downhill as the morning progressed. She was given a cross with three spikes. She still wasn’t sure what the cross had to do with the ‘crucifixion’ she faced but she looked at the spikes and asked a guard “What are these for?”

He snarled back “They’re to hold you to the cross once we nail you to it.”

Flora didn’t understand his answer but it still sent chills through her.

crux carry 074.jpg

“Now get a move on, bitch. There is a crowd waiting to see you crucified. And don’t make me use the whip. They want to see a naked lady hanging from the cross, not some guy with his worthless dick hanging between his legs” the bailiff hollers.

crux carry 075.jpg

Flora drags the cross where she is directed to pull it. The gravel that paves the road tears at her bare feet. She hadn’t made it to the city’s walls before she stumbles and fall. The guards shout at her to get up that there was no time to rest.

crux carry 092.jpg

With the guards begrudging help, the cross is lifted and placed back on her shoulder. The cross was heavy and awkward to carry. The gravel was ripping her feet with each step. If not for the guards holding the crowd back, Flora wondered if she would survive long enough to find out what her crucifixion would entail.

crux carry 113.jpg

The entire way to the Hill of Death, Flora was surround by a hostile mocking crowd that jeered her naked body as she carried the cross. She dared not stop as the guard bearing the whip followed behind her.

crux carry 078 B.jpg

She carried on toting the heavy cross fearing the whipping she would receive while dreading what awaited her at the top of the hill.

crux carry 034 f.jpg

But Flora’s march up the hill did conclude at the top. The guards seized Flora and slammed her onto the cross. They placed the spikes over her wrists and drove them through Flora’s wrists before sinking them into the wood of the cross. Flora shrieked as the spikes ripped through her arms. She bucked her hips as the spikes pierced her wrists.

c 0120.jpg

As the guards finished with Flora’s arms, she begged them to show her mercy.

c 0118 A.jpg

The guards paid no attention to Flora’s pleas and moments latter her feet were nailed to the cross’ stipe. Done nailing Flora to her cross, one of the guards said “The bitch is ready. Let’s hoist her up!”

crux -018.jpg

The emperor’s guards have nailed Flora to the cross. She laid naked on the wood wearing on the crown of thorns and the spikes driven through her wrists and feet. Flora looked about her reclined body and thought ‘This hurts like hell. I wonder how long they will keep me like this.’

crux nail 012.jpg

Her concerns were answered soon enough. The guards tied ropes around the crossbeam her wrists were nailed to. One of the guards positioned himself at the base of the stipe while others tugged at the ropes attached to the cross. Flora felt her body raising and the horizon shifting before her eyes. It dawned on her they were raising the cross with her nailed to it. She whimpered “they can’t be doing this to me!”

c 0122.jpg

When the cross neared vertical the base of the stipe slid into the hole that was dug to mount the cross. With a resounding ‘thud’ the cross dropped into the hole, dropping Flora more than a meter before abruptly stopping her fall. The pain from her wrists was even worse than when they drove the spikes though them. For a few moments she hung still from the cross as her body had suffered the worse shock it had ever known. Then Flora gathered what strength she had and pushed up on the cross with broken feet and nailed wrists.

Flora didn’t stay upright long. She slouched back down the stipe and hung from her wrists. With barely a groan, she asked “What have you done to me?”

One of the guards yelled up to Flora “We crucified you.”

Panting she asked “For how long?”

“Till you are dead. You are a little one. I suspect you’ll last at least a couple of days” a guard hollers back.

With her whole body trembling she pushes up again. In agony she cries “This is no way to die.”

crux 443.jpg

She slumped back down. The guards that crucified her gathered their tools and started back to the city.

One of them said “I’m glad we aren’t stuck on guard duty waiting for her to die.”

Another one replies “At least she has nice teets. Watching them would beat the daylights out of looking at some guy’s dick wagging around while he dies.”

Flora was crucified on a Friday morning outside of the empire’s capital. A large crowd showed up to see the naked woman be nailed to her cross and raised to hang from her cross.

c 0081.jpg

The pain she experienced was horrific. The guards did not help when they took the time to point out Flora would spend her last hours if not days nailed hanging from the wood structure.

crux 257 e.jpg

But the crowd thinned out as the day reached the noon hour. Crucifixion is not the quickest way to execute someone and Flora, despite her fine body, was a bit boring to watch in the midday heat under the blazing sun. This hardly sped her demise. Flora would remain on the cross until she succumbed to its relentless torture.

crux 437 c.jpg

The only thing the warming day did to Flora was to burn her bare body and make her sweat liquids she could not afford to lose.

The day warmed throughout the afternoon. Flora, despite her broken feet and tired arms, struggled to lift herself on the cross so she could take a deep breath.

1 c wragg E.jpg

She stayed raised on the cross as long as her feet could stand holding her body up. But along with her broken feet supporting her body, her arms were wearing out, too. And the relentless sun had covered her body in a sheen of sweat.

crux 431 D.jpg

The crown of thorns which was a painful irritation when Flora was first crucified had ripped her forehead and scalp and her attempts to shake it free of her head had not only cut her flesh worse, but her hair was falling disheveled from the woven vines and their spikelike thorns.

crux 430 b.jpg

Flora’s torture took a new twist as the afternoon became evening. The emperor and his wife rode up the hill in a fine coach. They climb from the coach and walk up to the cross. The wife looks over Flora and said “She looks rather good for being crucified for a day. She hasn’t even been whipped.”

“My dear, I crucified her to put her to death. Whipping her would only speed up the process” the emperor replies. “She would not tell us where Chene is so she will pay with her life for that.”

“Well she hasn’t even shit herself yet” the wife noted.

crux 381G.jpg

“I’m sure she will, maybe while we are having dinner” the emperor said.

Flora wanted to yell to them she didn’t know where Chene was bit a day being crucified under the blazing sun had dried her mouth out. She would suffer in silence.

I think this is the first time that I've seen the Alex Bald girls manipped into a 'proper' crux scene, and a very nice job you've made of it, Tree!

The sun sunk over the horizon. Flora has been crucified since early morning. Though her body was ready to end its suffering, her mind and heart refused to let her die.

crux 234 f.jpg

She murmured words but they were unintelligible. The two guards surveyed the crucified woman. One noted at least if they had to guard her, she was a more pleasant sight than standing watch over a male prisoner.

crux 236.jpg

The night enveloped Flora. She was lit only by the guards’ bonfire. She thinks ‘Chene, remember what they have done to me. Take vengeance on their souls!’

crux 265.jpg

‘And Chene, find our daughter, Amanda, and keep her safe from these bastards!’

Flora was a small woman, weighing around eight stones. Her slight weight only prolonged her suffering. In the warm night air, she dozed a short time.

crux 290 B.jpg

But sleeping while crucified does not come easy nor does it last long. The position was not a normal one for rest and while Flora was crucified for fourteen hours, she did not become accustom to the spikes that pierced her limbs nor the stretching of her elbows and shoulders. Her feet had grown numb but the spike through them had shattered bones within them. She woke and looked into the dark night sky and prayed to her gods they either saved her or ended her suffering.

crux 011 f.jpg

The night and Flora’s crucifixion dragged on. She was exhausted from being stretched between the three spikes that held her to the cross. The nails held her in an unnatural position vertically against the wood. Her own weight conspired with the spikes to pull her arms out and back. Her feet had become useless mass holding her legs bent but without the strength to help push her body up to help her breathe.

crux 435 B.jpg

Her head sunk and she gasped “I am done. Let this be over…”

Flora had been crucified only hours after the sun rose the day before. She hung nailed to the cross through most of the night.

crux 018 F.jpg

She had nothing but the darkness of the night and a few lights from the buildings in the city below her to distract her attention from the continuous tortures the cross inflicted on her. She moved as much as she could constrained by the spikes piercing her wrists and feet.

crux 441.gif

Above her head a titulus was nailed to the stipe. The guards held it up for her to see but she could not read their language. She called out “What does it say?”

One guard laughed and said “It is no wonder you are crucified! You were to dumb to escape as you can’t even read! It says ‘Flora… Enemy of the Empire’. It says why you are being crucified!”

crux 257 h.jpg

Flora remembered one of the guards climbing the ladder and pounding a nail through the sign and into the stipe. The cross shook and her body swayed from the spikes driven through her limbs. When he hammered the sign to the cross, the whole thing quivered. That was hours ago. It did not begin to ready her for the hours spread out on the cross.

The dawn began to break. In the early morning light, Flora looked at her wounds.

crux 444 A.jpg

She wondered how long this torment could last…

Light clouds drifted over Flora. One looking up at her crucified body would think it gave her a halo effect.

crux 146.jpg

She could not see herself from that angle. Her view was of the brightening landscape before her cross. It was unchanged from the day before. Only her body was weaker from being crucified almost a full day.

The emperor and his wife rose from their bed once the sun was fully risen. They were served a fine breakfast, something Flora would have enjoyed instead of dying on the cross.

The emperor and his wife stepped out on one of their balconies. From there they had an unobstructed view of Flora on her cross. The emperor sighed “It is a pity. The woman deserved to die that way yet in her final hours she manages to look like a well-carved statue.”

c 0066 e.jpg

“I think you should have broken her legs last night. The bitch would be dead by now” his wife said.

“Nonsense! I crucified her because her man murdered our son and daughter-in-law. An example had to be made of her for hiding Chene!”

“The show was made yesterday when she was put up on the cross. Today nobody cares she is still dying on her cross” his wife noted as she poured herself a glass of wine.

Perhaps no one climbed the Hill of Death for a closer look at Flora. It was a warm day and a hard walk up the hill.

The only person that cared she was still alive was Flora. Being stretched on the cross by the three spikes that held her there and the hot day and long night were taking their toll of her body. She hung limp from the cross with no energy left to move.

crux 131.jpg

Records show that Flora died on the cross late in the afternoon of the second day.

crux 406 i.jpg

But records are kept to reflect the views of the victor in any conflict. Rumor has it someone climbed the Hill of Death and, from a goodly distance, fired an arrow into Flora’s crucified body ending her suffering.

crux 406 e.jpg

This rumor was not confirmed and the guards were not punished for their neglect while guarding Flora. There had been a watch out for Chene lest he would spare his woman the suffering of dying on the cross or worse yet bring an army of rebels to rescue Flora from her crucifixion.

Flora’s daughter Amanda was indeed more than a fair archer.

owp 369.jpg

Soon bills were posted seeking her arrest. But that is fodder for another story to be told at another time.

The end…

Back
Top Bottom