The Crux Forum Writer's Lounge

Go to CruxDreams.com
.................................................................................................................EULALIA.......................................................................................................................................................

Where do you start with what Eulalia has contributed to this site since becoming a member? I suppose logically the best place to start is at the beginning...
I doubt if many people can remember what they were doing on January 2nd 2011. Having just joined Eulalia posted her first poem...Crucifixa. This is what people said..

Jan 2nd 2011
Eulalia wrote

"Wow! As the new kid on the Cross, it's thrilling just to see my name with the fateful

word "condemned"! It's like all my fantasies are becoming real!

They go back to when I was twelve, when our teacher gave us a pretty strong, blow-by-blow account of the Crucifixion of Jesus. I clung on in fascination to every detail. Soon I was playing out little private stories with my body in the gym or the swimming pool. As I grew, I learnt more and more about Crucifixion - especially that the Romans crucified women and girls, and how they tortured us.

I love playing with words, painting word-pictures, so I've put what I've learnt into a poem,Crucifixa, that tries to imagine and express, as accurately as I can (historically, bodily and psychologically) the experience of a girl being crucified on the Ostian Way, outside the gate of Rome. I hope my Masters will like it - please correct me if there's anything that doesn't ring true.

Yours submissively"

Eulalia

Melissa wrote
"Hi,
That is very, very impressive. The images are similar to ones conjured up by Willowfall."

Melissa

chelior wrote
Hi, welcome Eulalia ! We are delighted at your very impressive tale. It is so realistic, we can believe you have tried out. Congratulations.

Jan 4th 2011

zarathustra wrote
"easily the most amazing thing i've seen on c-forums. thank you.

not a slight to the others! just this one stands out to me. good poetry."

Ed-M wrote
"Very impressive, Eulalia! You've definitely put across the inner anguish and torment of someone sentenced to the slaves' punishment."

Baracus wrote
"Yeah,very good,for a newcomer......(grin)
Warm welcome to the Forum,of Cross-Pain !
Sadly though,you won't be "condemned" for long,only up to nine/ten posts.....
Cheers BJP."

Admihoek wrote
"but onlooker is nice toooo :ymdevil:"

Jan 5th 2011
Eulalia wrote

"Sure, but in my fantasies, I'm always the victim. That's why it's so lovely being "condemned", I don't want to be an onlooker or even an Executioner. I wish I could opt out of being promoted!" (sulk).

Trust me to question the workings of The System - that's what gets me crucified!

But never mind - Melissa's found me this lovely avatar - thank's M! - so, whatever the small print says, I'll always go on being"

Willowfall wrote
"Hey Love I have exactly the same issue.

But I look at it on the bright side, my status shows I'm interacting and helping to make the site what it is.

So dive in and help out.

kisses

willowfall"

Jan 9th
Naraku wrote

"Very nice poem, Eulalia. It's clear you've thought about this a lot & enjoyed it very much."

So what did Eulalia say? Oh yes she loves playing with words!!..What did Willowfall say? "So dive in and help out."

Screen Shot 08-07-15 at 01.35 PM.PNG

In my next post we will look at a selection of stories, poems, short essays, and translations that are now in the new archive. Meanwhile here is Crucifixa..attached

Attachments

• Crucifixa.pdf
    258.1 KB · Views: 290
I'm blushing - :oops: :oops: :oops: - and will need to log-off and unblush pretty quick,
expecting a visitor! Taking me back to Jan 2011 is very thought-provoking,
my decision (after much inward struggling and a stiff whisky) to sign up
was one that has made a huge difference to me and the way I see myself,
a very positive difference, and I'm very grateful to so many people here
who've become my crux-friends and encouraged me in so many ways.
Not just blushing now, starting tears.... :rolleyes: :D

A list of Eulalia stories. (A)=In the new archive.

STORIES

The Interrogation and Punishment Centre for Girls (A – in 2 resources, pdf)

The Crucifixion of the Christian Virgins (A – pics by Julie and Melissa, pdf)

The One who Thought She’d Get Away (not A)

The Breaking of Faith (A – in 3 parts, pdf)

Eulalia Christa – the Passion (A – pdf)

Whipping Sunday (A – not pdf))

Rome’s Revenge (A – in 2 resources, not pdf)

Single Ticket to Vasos – a Ghost Story (A – pdf)

Beauty and the Russian Beast (A – pdf)

Lassie-Hunting in the Northern Forest (The Linkie-Rug) (A – in 2 parts, pdf)

Ascanio’s Secret Garden (not A, pics by Ascanio, text by Eul)

[Exposed Naked and Beaten (not A: early version of a chapter in IPCG)]

One of our favourites was Crucifixion Of The Christian Virgins. Some of the pics here1.zero six hundred.JPG.jpg4.Twelve forty five.jpg7.One forty two_500x375.jpg9.Two fifty six.jpg13.Nine thirtym.jpg

And the PDF is attached below..

Attachments

• Crucifixion of the Christian virgins(1).pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 275
thanks both of you - I think nearly all my complete stories (and translations) have been published by Madiosi as e-books now,
except for 'Lassie-Hunting in the Northern Forest'? My favourite, actually, but there's no hurry,
there's a splendid library in the Forum Archive and in Madiosi's e-book thread,
to suit all tastes! :devil:

A question to all writers of crux-stories

Dear writers of crux-stories
I would like to ask you something. I do write stories about crucifixions myself.
I had to learn a hard lesson: writing stories is much harder then inventing them!
Again and again, an idea comes to me, flying through my mind. It seems everytime to be the best idea in the world. I am fully enthusiastic, I take notes in my brain and than on paper in a ring binder. I really WANT to write the story.
But when it comes to write it, the torment starts. Then I poke around to find my way through the sentences. I do not get ahead. I am dissatisfied with every second sentence.
On my computer keyboard, the delete key is the most used of all!
Writing goes slow and it is exhausting. Inventing a story is so much easier then to write it down!
Inventing a crux story is big fun. Writing is a hard job.
It is really strange that I have so many good ideas and when I start to write them down, a lot of those stories „die away“ after some pages on my computer.
How do you see the situation? Do you have the same problems like I have or do you just sit down and write the hell out of your keyboard?
I am kind of curious how your writing works.
Greetings to you all
Sassi:hello:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to ask you something. I do write stories about crucifixions myself.
I had to learn a hard lesson: writing stories is much harder then inventing them!
Again and again, an idea comes to me, flying through my mind. It seems everytime to be the best idea in the world. I am fully enthusiastic, I take notes in my brain and than on paper in a ring binder. I really WANT to write the story.
But when it comes to write it, the torment starts. Then I poke around to find my way through the sentences. I do not get ahead. I am dissatisfied with every second sentence.
Writing goes slow and it is exhausting. Inventing a story is so much easier then to write it down!
It is really strange that I have so many good ideas and when I start to write them down, a lot of those stories „die away“ after some pages on my computer.
How do you see the situation? Do you have the same problems like I have or do you just sit down and write the hell out of your keyboard?
Greetings to you all
My main fault, if you can call it that, is that I want to get straight to the action and miss out all the pre-amble.
My own method is to have the basic idea in my head and then just type direct to wordpad. I can then edit as I go before
I cut and paste to the forum, hope that helps.

Regards

William

Greetings to you all
I recognize every aspect of the hardships you describe related to writing a story........I am probably one of the slowest writers in this forum! Inspiration varies a lot and not having English as my native language is ofc a challenge......weekends are easier ofc, more spare time which makes it all a little bit easier. Otherwise I write when inspiration strikes me, then I normally write one chapter at the same occasion. If I sit down by the computer and progress is very slow, it is no use to continue, I can not be creative on demand. Since I am such a slow writer, it also means that my stories deviates from my original ideas somewhat....events can change a little when a new twist occurs in my mind and also sometimes depending on comments from fellow CF members. (Like for instance when I had to crucify Erin, she constantly tried to rescue my crucified women :) )

Next time I will write a much shorter story, that's also a trick I guess.

Tell me about it, Sassi... :(

My main fault, if you can call it that, is that I want to get straight to the action and miss out all the pre-amble.

That can be a problem. I want to care about the character and it does take time to build them into a character that I can believe in, and whose reaction to the cross induces emotion. My problem is that by then I'm in love with her, and I don't want to kill her :crybaby2: :doh:

Dear writers of crux-stories .... Sassi:hello:

Dear Sassi,
I think that a lot depends on two important factors:
1) if you are used to reading and writing, even for work,
2) if you are able to fix your imaginative ideas in a written context.

The habit of writing comes mainly from the degree of scholastic education received and from continuous exercise, in every field, play or work.
The ability to make a story is perhaps more a gift of nature, but it must be cultivated.
I write continuously for work and my thoughts flow easily from the mind to the pen.
Now I'm writing a story, Notturno Veneziano, which you can read here on the forum, published by Gabriella, the main actor of the story, thanks above all to the translation of Eulalia. http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/notturno-veneziano.6603/
I'm a man and I write a story tell as a woman, very very difficult exercise.
I can give you some advice: write your thoughts as they come down from your mind, do not hurry up immediately wanting to have a perfect text immediately, you can correct it later. If you continue to correct yourself, do not proceed with the development of your story.
I wish you to succeed, we are all waiting for you here to share the pleasure of reading your stories.

Last edited:
It's very hard to give advice for how to deal with what you describe, Sassi, especially for those for whom English is not a first language. We all have our own styles. I'm a very fast writer once I work out the basic idea and plot. It helps immensely to have a great partner to write with (thanks, Barb:cool::)).

There is a lot of advice out there for writers, much of which is not that useful. The one piece of general advice I do subscribe to is "Show, don't tell" and that often means to tell the story as much as possible through dialog. That has a great advantage of keeping things short and to the point, as most of us don't speak in long paragraphs. It also means that the story develops naturally out of events and conversations.

I don't know if any of that helps.;)

All you need is a good SWAT team
AKA Bob and Jollyrei last time! :)

I did like your point about dialog(ue). Sometimes the dialogue can be the subject's own thoughts, but it's amazing how much you can do without long paragraphs of descriptive prose. For instance, instead of describing a girl's beauty, describe someone's reaction to it:

"Your eyes."

"What about them?"

"I just love them. I could gaze into them all day! I've never seen such deep blue eyes!"

(Not yours, Windar! :doh: )

...thanks above all to the translation of Eulalia.

Hum, I also think that when English is not our maternal language, it could be difficult to give back a French story, for example, into an English'one !
We also cant give to Eul the translator'office ...
So, we are certainly limited but we can try to do ... even if the result is not like an English writter could have ...

Sassi, when you have these erotic thought times, (a nice long bath is good for me) try to imagine the sexy ending first. I find it easy to get a scenario, ie. the Mayans conquered the world, but then don't know what to do with it. My more successful ones had a clear ending, then the characters come along on the road to it.

But writing is hard work, especially if you are fastidious.

Try a descriptive very short story based on an image on the forum. Most members who post images would like such a story added in their thread, 200-300 words in one post, when these are finished it will give you much satisfaction.

Writing poses challenges for nearly all of us, and they can be very different. No single formula for success exists, but it’s very useful to read of others experiences. Thanks for this thread, Sassi.

As for myself, the initial ideas and context loom large. I need to get that right and typically spend considerable time and energy on background and set up in the first chapters or episodes. Character is important too. I want my characters to have personalities ... good and bad character traits ... that influence their thoughts and actions as the story progresses. And I love “thick” description. I pay close attention to selecting adjectives and turns of phrase in my prose, and to the use of adverbs and other devices in characterizing the tone of dialogue.

I am not a great plotter, who has everything worked out well in advance. Instead, I usually have just a general idea of where I want the story to go and end, leaving lots of room for the introduction of new characters, sudden twists and new storyline ideas as the writing progresses.

As for the mechanics. I write one episode at a time, usually in a series of intense bursts of writing until the episode is complete.That may have more to do with the fact that I generally do not, in RL, have long periods of time free to write. Rather, I am going through the next steps in my mind as I work at my job or do daily activities, and then rush to get them down as soon as the opportunity arises. I also ... each time I come back to it ... find that I have to start at the beginning of the current chapter or episode, re-reading and improving previous burst of writing until I have built up a “head of steam” ... so to speak... and can plunge forward with my next burst of writing. Not the best way to go about it, I know (Windar is much faster and can do the whole thing in one blow) but that’s me. It also means that the earlier parts of my episodes can often be “more polished” than the latter.

The best part is that I enjoy writing. It’s never a chore, always a pleasure.

Back
Top Bottom