The Culprit (a modern crucifixion story)

Go to CruxDreams.com
Preface and disclaimer.

I am a very amateurish writer who is looking to share his crucifixion fantasies with the world. English is not my first language, so I apologize in advance for some funny grammar that may slip through.

The short story I am about to write is about an "alternative present" society, that lives in a pan-continental super-state. It is a strict, authoritarian society, where everyone is given their place in the world and a chance to live, work and prosper. However, leniency and failure are not acceptable, and the people who allow failures to occur are punished without remorse. In this particular story, we will follow a young female apprentice who has caused an industrial accident and will be punished according to the law.

Part 0 (Instead of Prologue)

The culprits of the Docklands Disaster will die on the cross.
CentNews, New London, Novoria Republika, 23rd of November 2019

The High Court of New London has sentenced today the two people responsible for a fatal accident at the Docklands last year. Both of them were condemned to death via public crucifixion. The rights of further appeals have been denied. Both of the culprits: Arthurus Norman and Lily Cheng, were found guilty in gross negligence, resulting in death of more than ten people, manslaughter and betrayal of trust earlier this year.

The tragedy struck on the 2nd of September 2018, when a building has partially collapsed in Docklands during construction due to a major flaw in the design, that was caused by a major error made by Cheng, civil engineering apprentice, and missed during review and implementation by Norman, chief architect on the project. This accident has resulted in death of eleven construction workers and two bystanders.

It is expected that both Norman (Male, 45) and Cheng (Female, 20) will be executed at the Grand Stadium by the end of December, with the exact dates for their public executions to be confirmed.
If you book tickets via our partner website within the next 7 days, you will get 5% off. Hurry up - the public interest is high, and tickets for execution of Lily Cheng are almost sold out at the time this article is published.

This is a fascinating set-up and premise! I will certainly be following.

What must poor Lily Cheng be feeling? Guilt over making such a horrible error that killed people? Anger that her lazy boss didn’t fix it and hung (pun intended) her out to dry? Fear and dread that her short life is about to end in the agony and humiliation of crucifixIon?

As for Norman, well, he should have caught the mistake.

As a fan of mixed crux, I hope the authorities decide to crucify them together!

The tragedy struck on the 2nd of September 2018, when a building has partially collapsed in Docklands during construction due to a major flaw in the design, that was caused by a major error made by Cheng, civil engineering apprentice, and missed during review and implementation by Norman, chief architect on the project.
In reality, good design practice requires that the draughtsmen are supposed to have the skills to notice the flaw during their drawing work (or the technical drawing program should signal an error), return the design to Cheng, and if she insists on it, report the flaw to Norman.:icon_tfno:
(no critics to you, Cascandi, we are sometimes a bunch of hairsplitters on CF, and let's assume that Norman, too indulgent, had not foreseen such safety back-ups in his procedures, which makes the blame on him even harder).;)

Norman (Male, 45) and Cheng (Female, 20) will be executed at the Grand Stadium by the end of December
December? Not north of the Tropical of the Cancer, I hope!:qmiedo:

Preface and disclaimer.

I am a very amateurish writer who is looking to share his crucifixion fantasies with the world. English is not my first language, so I apologize in advance for some funny grammar that may slip through.

The short story I am about to write is about an "alternative present" society, that lives in a pan-continental super-state. It is a strict, authoritarian society, where everyone is given their place in the world and a chance to live, work and prosper. However, leniency and failure are not acceptable, and the people who allow failures to occur are punished without remorse. In this particular story, we will follow a young female apprentice who has caused an industrial accident and will be punished according to the law.

Part 0 (Instead of Prologue)

The culprits of the Docklands Disaster will die on the cross.
CentNews, New London, Novoria Republika, 23rd of November 2019

The High Court of New London has sentenced today the two people responsible for a fatal accident at the Docklands last year. Both of them were condemned to death via public crucifixion. The rights of further appeals have been denied. Both of the culprits: Arthurus Norman and Lily Cheng, were found guilty in gross negligence, resulting in death of more than ten people, manslaughter and betrayal of trust earlier this year.

The tragedy struck on the 2nd of September 2018, when a building has partially collapsed in Docklands during construction due to a major flaw in the design, that was caused by a major error made by Cheng, civil engineering apprentice, and missed during review and implementation by Norman, chief architect on the project. This accident has resulted in death of eleven construction workers and two bystanders.

It is expected that both Norman (Male, 45) and Cheng (Female, 20) will be executed at the Grand Stadium by the end of December, with the exact dates for their public executions to be confirmed.
If you book tickets via our partner website within the next 7 days, you will get 5% off. Hurry up - the public interest is high, and tickets for execution of Lily Cheng are almost sold out at the time this article is published.

Interesting beginning. Looking forward to more :popcorn:

I’ve got tickets to Lily Chang on the cross! As close a I could get them, too! I’ve got a plus one if anyone is interested....
Member companies of the Syndicate of Building Contractors got hundreds of free tickets, to distribute among their clients! Gold Tickets give free access to the reception, the Syndicate offers after the execution! It will be a hot spot of networking!

In reality, good design practice requires that the draughtsmen are supposed to have the skills to notice the flaw during their drawing work (or the technical drawing program should signal an error), return the design to Cheng, and if she insists on it, report the flaw to Norman.:icon_tfno:
(no critics to you, Cascandi, we are sometimes a bunch of hairsplitters on CF, and let's assume that Norman, too indulgent, had not foreseen such safety back-ups in his procedures, which makes the blame on him even harder).;)

December? Not north of the Tropical of the Cancer, I hope!:qmiedo:
Most engineering disasters occur when the builders deviate from the original design, either because of changes demanded by clients, a need to cut cost or construction time, or because they just didn't know what the fuck they were doing. Also, putting key decisions in the hands of a 20 year old - who wouldn't even have a bachelors degree - seems highly irresponsible. It sounds like Norman and Cheng are being made scapegoats for the screw ups of others.

Wait a minute. Are we going to have to wait until the end of December for the second part of this story?
vaderno.jpg

Most engineering disasters occur when the builders deviate from the original design, either because of changes demanded by clients, a need to cut cost or construction time, or because they just didn't know what the fuck they were doing. Also, putting key decisions in the hands of a 20 year old - who wouldn't even have a bachelors degree - seems highly irresponsible. It sounds like Norman and Cheng are being made scapegoats for the screw ups of others.

Wait a minute. Are we going to have to wait until the end of December for the second part of this story?
View attachment 903188
The most painful part of an execution is the waiting

I am looking forward to the next chapter!:wave:
Or does 'end of december' mean this is a real-time story?;)
You are right, I am also impatient to know the rest and to see it because I managed to get myself the precious sesame which will allow me to attend this double execution.
I hope that modern methods will still retain characteristics of ancient Roman crucifixions!
Flagellation, nudity of the condemned!

Noticing that @cascandi is back in the house, and that the end of December is nearing, I wonder whether my tickets for the public crucifixion are still valid?:cool:

It is a strict, authoritarian society, where everyone is given their place in the world and a chance to live, work and prosper. However, leniency and failure are not acceptable, and the people who allow failures to occur are punished without remorse. In this particular story, we will follow a young female apprentice who has caused an industrial accident and will be punished according to the law.
This is anyway the kind of state, I imagine too that crucifixion would be applied in a 'modern' context. The pursuit for happiness is open for all, but those who fail or cheat, get the harshest punishment : crucifixion.

Carry on, please! We are waiting at the entrance of the Grand Stadium!;)

Back
Top Bottom