The False Prophetess

Go to CruxDreams.com
You know, this thread has me thinking.....
I doubt an episode of history like this ever took place in Rome or in any culture. BUT I wonder how many people throughout history who claim to be gods/divine in some way where able to doupe people into buying their BS right up until the authorities of the time gave the leader and their followers a decision like the one given to Laela and those same leaders said, yeah, sure go ahead and kill these idiots, they'll happily die for me so I can live and spread the good message of my particular brand of snake oil to others.
AND I wonder how many of these poor fools needlessly died, thinking they would be welcomed into whatever brand of paradise they believed in/ peddled by their self-named savior, only for said savior to be saying aloud bless you, but in their minds their having an LOL moment.
Being raised Christian you can find a whole collection of books and movies glorifying martyrdom.

Have you seen the films Kumare or Silence? Both are about religious leaders in very different settings, and I have yet to see the latter.

You know, this thread has me thinking.....
I doubt an episode of history like this ever took place in Rome or in any culture. BUT I wonder how many people throughout history who claim to be gods/divine in some way where able to doupe people into buying their BS right up until the authorities of the time gave the leader and their followers a decision like the one given to Laela and those same leaders said, yeah, sure go ahead and kill these idiots, they'll happily die for me so I can live and spread the good message of my particular brand of snake oil to others.
AND I wonder how many of these poor fools needlessly died, thinking they would be welcomed into whatever brand of paradise they believed in/ peddled by their self-named savior, only for said savior to be saying aloud bless you, but in their minds their having an LOL moment.
For some reason, the notion of devoting your life to a cause, then learning that it was a wasted life (especially in the realm of crux) is very erotic for me. Like a needless sacrificial death

Last edited by a moderator:
Being raised Christian you can find a whole collection of books and movies glorifying martyrdom.

Have you seen the films Kumare or Silence? Both are about religious leaders in very different settings, and I have yet to see the latter.
Honestly, I haven't. But I know of a few real world examples of people who knew a whole lot about psychology and sociology manipulating people into doing crazy shit in the name of their own self-aggrandizement. With deadly results.
I have heard the testimonials of survivors of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and seen the results firsthand to know religious martyrdom is alive and well in the, so called, enlightened age of reason.

For some reason, the notion of devoting your life to a cause, then learning that it was a wasted life (especially in the realm of crux) is very erotic for me. Like a needles sacrificial death
Mabey this is just your skill as a writer/illustrator in character building/development or it could just be me here, but to be honest their is a part of me that feels sorry for Laela's (former) followers. Granted this is all fiction and they are, after all, just 3d characters in an erotic rendering. But knowing that this kind of stuff has happened and does happen in real life (more often than us comfortable westerners are able to truly comprehend).

@_CADRE_ : May I open a separate thread for the german version? I think it would be rather confusing if I'd do it here...

Hang on, @SkinnyCrux , I'll see if it is possible to open a separate conversation, rather than opening a German thread on an English spealing site.

Mabey this is just your skill as a writer/illustrator in character building/development or it could just be me here, but to be honest their is a part of me that feels sorry for Laela's (former) followers. Granted this is all fiction and they are, after all, just 3d characters in an erotic rendering. But knowing that this kind of stuff has happened and does happen in real life (more often than us comfortable westerners are able to truly comprehend).
I'm glad individu
@_CADRE_ : May I open a separate thread for the german version? I think it would be rather confusing if I'd do it here...
I don't mind but I guess the specifics need to be worked out with the admins.

Perhaps it is possible that one of the admins will move your German version to the German conversation group and log you in there, if you are not yet a member there.
I think it would overwhelm it, Heineudo, but I'm trying to set up a special convo group just for @_CADRE_'s story.

It's taking a while, there are nearly 200 members...

That was just an idea of mine. As administrators, of course, you know better what is feasible. I never thought it would affect so many members.
New convo 'Die falsche Prophetin' now open.

(That is THE False Prophetess, not DIE, false prophetess! :D )

I have transferred members in from the German Conversation group, if any other German speakers wish to be invited, let me (or Madiosi, Barb, or Eul) know by pm. I've also invited @_CADRE_

Back
Top Bottom