Go to CruxDreams.com
I’m going to be honest, when the ebook/pdf gets made (you better finish this story!! :p ) I hope you include the historical knowledge you have been dropping as informational blurbs. And I think that the illustrations will pair fantastically with this story in book form. This is a triumph, I can tell already. Stick the lending and it will be a classic!

This is a triumph, I can tell already.
Aww! You didn't have to say that. (Yes you did! I love it! :babeando:)
And I think that the illustrations will pair fantastically with this story in book form
I could not agree more. I've been so blessed to have Sett apply his considerable talent here. I swear, sometimes it feels like his illustration came first, and I just wrote a pedestrian description to fit his art! :clapping: :clapping:
Stick the landing and it will be a classic!
Now the pressure is on! I truly hope that I don't disappoint my loyal band of readers.

Some here know that crux is not my first kink. I did write a short crux story, Praetorian, which will come out soon on ebook. But, I really prefer to write other fiction. I have resolved to finish Goth Girl (don't worry) as a major work and make it the best crux story I can and then probably not ever write another (except a short story or two). The reason I have to finish is that, as often happens, I've fallen in love with one of my characters - Galerius, the dear boy!

If you know other crux fans, let them know it is here.

Last edited:
Barbara was slumped over, panting hard, trying to ride out the waves of pain emanating from her body. The struggles, the screaming, the terrible anticipation of each blow had exhausted her. Sweat streamed down her body as her mouth was parched and her thirst all-consuming. Over and over, she asked herself, "Why Me? What have I done for this? It is unfair!" The pain was so bad that she couldn't believe it could get worse – but she knew it would. They had said they would kill her – crucify her! She shivered at the thought. It was too horrible a death even to contemplate.
Then two soldiers came up behind her. She was too busy panting and crying to notice until they drew the tight leather hood over her head. Immediately, she was plunged into a world of total darkness and silence. The neckstrap was tightened, and Barb panicked as it became difficult to breathe. She desperately tried to suck in air through the thick covering. After a minute, she had regained some control as she found she could get some air, though barely enough.

The citizens and the soldiers found the body and posture of the bound and presented girl, now masked as a wolf, to be very sexy. They loudly mocked her and made rude comments about her sexuality. Meanwhile, Barb had to deal with a new, terrifying reality. The isolation within the hood, the vulnerability she felt bound, the helplessness of being blind and almost deaf, was all too much for this young woman, bathed in pain and waiting for the next torture. Between labored breaths, panic overcame her as she prayed and pleaded for mercy.
All fell quiet in the atrium as the Optio approached the kneeling, blinded girl, holding his hastile in both hands. Calixtus turned to the onlookers and said in a knowing tone, "Dure, sed non frangere (hard, but don’t break or shatter).”
Mogurix held the heavy oak staff up above his right shoulder like a batsman preparing a stroke. Without warning to the squatting girl, he brought it down in a measured arc and hit her right flank, just above the hip with a dull, thudding sound. The onlookers heard a muffled cry escape the leather hood, and the girl swayed toward her left from the force of the blow. The Optio took his time circling the girl until he saw his next target. He brought the hastile crashing down hard onto the front of Barb's left thigh with a sickening thud. Her body jerked forward from the deep pain to the leg muscle, but her gasp of pain was inaudible.

Galerius swallowed a gulp of wine to wash down a particularly large bite of agni (lamb). “Durius! Incute [burp] durius (Harder, hit harder)! He is hitting like a little girl. That stupidus (stupid or dull) Gaul could hit her much [burp] harder."
"Indeed he could, sir," said Gaius, refusing to respond to the youth's insult toward his trusted assistant. "I have seen Acaunissa dirumpere Germanici porci cerebrum (split open a German swine’s skull) with that hastile, even through a heavy iron helmet.” The Centurion spoke in his usual quiet and restrained voice.
Galerius, busy stuffing his mouth with rich food, did not catch the subtle wordplay in porcus, which could also be a demeaning tern for a glutton. "However," Calixtus continued, "I agreed with the Quaetor that he would hold his blows. Broken bones today would prevent a proper crucifixio tomorrow.”
“Quite right, Centurio,” replied Piso. “I appreciate your desire to see the wench suffer, Galerius, but we need to space out the torture to maximize her cruciāmentum (torment). Continue Optio!”

The hulking Gaul smiled and drove a solid blow unto the Goth’s lower back, the heavy iron ball tip impacting her left kidney. This time, her shout of pain did penetrate the hood, though muffled. Any person, not a sadist, would have felt their heart cry at the suffering the sound evidenced. As it was, several soldiers frowned and looked away. But the son of the Praeses (Governor) just laughed and loaded his plate with more food.

Example of the hastile of an Optio. Mogurix's staff would be much thicker, however.

Attachments

• Snip20170918_5.png
    Snip20170918_5.png
    767.8 KB · Views: 273
Barbara was slumped over, panting hard, trying to ride out the waves of pain emanating from her body. The struggles, the screaming, the terrible anticipation of each blow had exhausted her. Sweat streamed down her body as her mouth was parched and her thirst all-consuming. Over and over, she asked herself, "Why Me? What have I done for this? It is unfair!" The pain was so bad that she couldn't believe it could get worse – but she knew it would. They had said they would kill her – crucify her! She shivered at the thought. It was too horrible a death even to contemplate.
Then two soldiers came up behind her. She was too busy panting and crying to notice until they drew the tight leather hood over her head. Immediately, she was plunged into a world of total darkness and silence. The neckstrap was tightened, and Barb panicked as it became difficult to breathe. She desperately tried to suck in air through the thick covering. After a minute, she had regained some control as she found she could get some air, though barely enough.

The citizens and the soldiers found the body and posture of the bound and presented girl, now masked as a wolf, to be very sexy. They loudly mocked her and made rude comments about her sexuality. Meanwhile, Barb had to deal with a new, terrifying reality. The isolation within the hood, the vulnerability she felt bound, the helplessness of being blind and almost deaf, was all too much for this young woman, bathed in pain and waiting for the next torture. Between labored breaths, panic overcame her as she prayed and pleaded for mercy.
All fell quiet in the atrium as the Optio approached the kneeling, blinded girl, holding his hastile in both hands. Calixtus turned to the onlookers and said in a knowing tone, "Dure, sed non frangere (hard, but don’t break or shatter).”
Mogurix held the heavy oak staff up above his right shoulder like a batsman preparing a stroke. Without warning to the squatting girl, he brought it down in a measured arc and hit her right flank, just above the hip with a dull, thudding sound. The onlookers heard a muffled cry escape the leather hood, and the girl swayed toward her left from the force of the blow. The Optio took his time circling the girl until he saw his next target. He brought the hastile crashing down hard onto the front of Barb's left thigh with a sickening thud. Her body jerked forward from the deep pain to the leg muscle, but her gasp of pain was inaudible.

Galerius swallowed a gulp of wine to wash down a particularly large bite of agni (lamb). “Durius! Incute [burp] durius (Harder, hit harder)! He is hitting like a little girl. That stupidus (stupid or dull) Gaul could hit her much [burp] harder."
"Indeed he could, sir," said Gaius, refusing to respond to the youth's insult toward his trusted assistant. "I have seen Acaunissa dirumpere Germanici porci cerebrum (split open a German swine’s skull) with that hastile, even through a heavy iron helmet.” The Centurion spoke in his usual quiet and restrained voice.
Galerius, busy stuffing his mouth with rich food, did not catch the subtle wordplay in porcus, which could also be a demeaning tern for a glutton. "However," Calixtus continued, "I agreed with the Quaetor that he would hold his blows. Broken bones today would prevent a proper crucifixio tomorrow.”
“Quite right, Centurio,” replied Piso. “I appreciate your desire to see the wench suffer, Galerius, but we need to space out the torture to maximize her cruciāmentum (torment). Continue Optio!”

The hulking Gaul smiled and drove a solid blow unto the Goth’s lower back, the heavy iron ball tip impacting her left kidney. This time, her shout of pain did penetrate the hood, though muffled. Any person, not a sadist, would have felt their heart cry at the suffering the sound evidenced. As it was, several soldiers frowned and looked away. But the son of the Praeses (Governor) just laughed and loaded his plate with more food.

Example of the hastile of an Optio. Mogurix's staff would be much thicker, however.
The epitome of cold comfort - ease off with the beating so that her bones remain in tact thereby ensuring that she can feel the full rigours of the impending Crucifixion! Love it!

Jeeze. Sett! Your last two posts got more loves than my story did!! I'm jealous. Maybe I should ban you from the tread?
Seriously, I cannot thank you enough for your fine work. It deserves all the appreciation that it gets.

By the time the second beating came to an end, Optio centuriae Mogurix had landed over a dozen hard, bruising blows to the girl’s defenseless body. Barb gently swayed as she knelt in the dust. Her fine, straight hair was becoming plastered to her sweaty skin. Eyes shut, lips trembling, the girl tried to shut out the evil around her. But the agony of her welts and bruises and the cramping of her stressed muscles, burned into her fevered brain. And, over all that, was the constant oppressive sun and heat of the summer afternoon.
Una hora effecta est (first hour has been executed),” announced Piso, as the hourglass emptied. “Prepare her alteri hora. (second hour).”

As the soldiers moved to obey, Marcus Lycus leaned over to ask Piso, “Quaestor, I am not as knowledgeable of the lex (law) as you are. Poena (punishment) I understand. What is Cullei (sack)?”
"It refers to the version of the punishment that involved execution," said Lucius biting the last tender meat off of a duck leg. "You see that ox-skin sack?" he asked, pointing with the bone in his hand to the large sack being lifted by a soldier. Marcus nodded while placing a piece of broiled murenae (moray eel), dripping with garum, into his mouth.
Piso continued, “The original punishment would ended with her tied in that and thrown ad Atacem (into the Atax river - now called the Aude, that used to flow by Narbo) to drown.”
“That would be a horrible way to die, indeed,” replied Marcus.
“Yes, but even without the drowning, the next part of the punishment is something that I’m sure the Goth bitch will not enjoy.”
They looked back to the atrium where two soldiers held up the top of the sack while two others grabbed Barbara by the arms and lifted her off the ground. The strain on her shoulders caused a moan that could be heard through the hood even by the men around the mensa. However, the onlookers were too enchanted by her shapely body, covered with a web of red rod welts and darker red, blue, and black bruises to notice her suffering (except to, perhaps, enjoy it.)
Still bound in her spread and vulnerable posture, Barb was lowered into the sack, and the ends pulled up over her head and tightened.

While the Romans continued to eat and drink with gusto, the air inside the sack soon became terribly close. Although Barb could see nothing outside her hood, she felt the ox-skin surround her and the heat and humidity rapidly built. Soon sweat was running down her body, and she felt light-headed from the heat.

Jeeze. Sett! Your last two posts got more loves than my story did!! I'm jealous. Maybe I should ban you from the tread?
Seriously, I cannot thank you enough for your fine work. It deserves all the appreciation that it gets.

By the time the second beating came to an end, Optio centuriae Mogurix had landed over a dozen hard, bruising blows to the girl’s defenseless body. Barb gently swayed as she knelt in the dust. Her fine, straight hair was becoming plastered to her sweaty skin. Eyes shut, lips trembling, the girl tried to shut out the evil around her. But the agony of her welts and bruises and the cramping of her stressed muscles, burned into her fevered brain. And, over all that, was the constant oppressive sun and heat of the summer afternoon.
Una hora effecta est (first hour has been executed),” announced Piso, as the hourglass emptied. “Prepare her alteri hora. (second hour).”

As the soldiers moved to obey, Marcus Lycus leaned over to ask Piso, “Quaestor, I am not as knowledgeable of the lex (law) as you are. Poena (punishment) I understand. What is Cullei (sack)?”
"It refers to the version of the punishment that involved execution," said Lucius biting the last tender meat off of a duck leg. "You see that ox-skin sack?" he asked, pointing with the bone in his hand to the large sack being lifted by a soldier. Marcus nodded while placing a piece of broiled murenae (moray eel), dripping with garum, into his mouth.
Piso continued, “The original punishment would ended with her tied in that and thrown ad Atacem (into the Atax river - now called the Aude, that used to flow by Narbo) to drown.”
“That would be a horrible way to die, indeed,” replied Marcus.
“Yes, but even without the drowning, the next part of the punishment is something that I’m sure the Goth bitch will not enjoy.”
They looked back to the atrium where two soldiers held up the top of the sack while two others grabbed Barbara by the arms and lifted her off the ground. The strain on her shoulders caused a moan that could be heard through the hood even by the men around the mensa. However, the onlookers were too enchanted by her shapely body, covered with a web of red rod welts and darker red, blue, and black bruises to notice her suffering (except to, perhaps, enjoy it.)
Still bound in her spread and vulnerable posture, Barb was lowered into the sack, and the ends pulled up over her head and tightened.

While the Romans continued to eat and drink with gusto, the air inside the sack soon became terribly close. Although Barb could see nothing outside her hood, she felt the ox-skin surround her and the heat and humidity rapidly built. Soon sweat was running down her body, and she felt light-headed from the heat.
"The Sack" mmmm ... so at one end of its heinous spectrum is use of the sack as a container to drown the victim, I suspect that the other end of the same spectrum is not limited to 'stale air' and a 'cramped condition'. I wonder what other marvellous malevolence "The Sack" will reveal ...

the same spectrum is not limited to 'stale air' and a 'cramped condition'. I wonder what other marvellous malevolence "The Sack" will reveal
I’m not so sure I want to know
Sorry, Mr. Gilbert

To sit in solemn silence in a dull, dark sack,
In a praesidial prison, with a lifelong lock,
Awaiting the sensation of a short, sharp shock,
From the cruel and brutal imagination of a spoiled and fat schlock!

I'm afraid that I must again issue several stern warnings:
NO reading ahead - or you might join Barb in the sack! (on the other hand, would that be all bad?)
SEND all children from the room, this is going to quickly get much too intense for them! Send them to a safe activity, like playing among the cars on the high-speed.
LEAVE the room yourself - serious mental trauma could result from reading the horrendous next episodes (do something safe, go mingle maskless with a bunch of drunken yahoos at the illicit pub.)
BARB, you need to ... nevermind. It's too late for you!

Sorry, Mr. Gilbert

To sit in solemn silence in a dull, dark sack,
In a praesidial prison, with a lifelong lock,
Awaiting the sensation of a short, sharp shock,
From the cruel and brutal imagination of a spoiled and fat schlock!

I'm afraid that I must again issue several stern warnings:
NO reading ahead - or you might join Barb in the sack! (on the other hand, would that be all bad?)
SEND all children from the room, this is going to quickly get much too intense for them! Send them to a safe activity, like playing among the cars on the high-speed.
LEAVE the room yourself - serious mental trauma could result from reading the horrendous next episodes (do something safe, go mingle maskless with a bunch of drunken yahoos at the illicit pub.)
BARB, you need to ... nevermind. It's too late for you!
Joining Barb in the sack huh ... A little last page reading for me then ;) ...

Barb gets some company

Lucius drew Marcus's attention to three soldiers walking toward the atrium's center, each with a large box. From the efforts they made to keep control of their burdens, it was apparent that there was something alive and moving within. They set their boxes down near the sack and waited for orders.
“She should be ready now,” said Piso after about five minutes. He knew the heat inside the sack must be unbearable now. The girl’s sweat would add to the next torment. “Singillatim, si placet (one by one, if you please), the serpens (snake) first.”
A soldier held open the top of the sack with his arms stretched out. Another picked up a box and removed the lid, carefully keeping it as far from him as possible. He upended the box over the sack, and the other closed it immediately. In that brief moment, the onlookers caught a glimpse of the long greyish-black body of a serpent falling into the sack.

“An Aesculapian snake,” said Piso to the slaver, “non-venomous, but more than unpleasant enough to share a sack with.” Lylcu's mouth fell open with astonishment. A moment later, the sack could be seen to shake violently.
7047ac8c-0a95-48d9-a6ca-2f55677224fd.jpg
“I think the slut has realized who she has for company,” laughed Galerius, stuffing a large leg of Pullum Parthicum (Parthian Chicken – a most popular dish in Rome) in his mouth, the rich garum and asafoetida sauce running down his receding, multiple chins. “Let’s hope it decides to explore her cunne.” He laughed even louder, spitting out some half-chewed chicken on the ground. The Praeses's son then turned and kicked the nearest servant. "Piger nothe (Lazy mongrel)! My goblet’s almost empty. More wine!”
All the men gazed in fascination at the little drama playing out in the sack. The wolf-hide hood and the ox-hide bag ensured almost total silence. But jerking motions showed the girl's chained arms moving in a desperate attempt to protect herself. Even with her movement limited, they could tell she was twisting and bending in fear. They tried to imagine what it was like for her with her knees forced open in the presence of the slithering snake.

After about ten minutes, Piso called to the soldiers. “Gallus, si placet (the cock, if you please).”
At Mogurix's order, one man donned thick leather gloves and opened the second box. Gingerly, he reach in and came up with a black and red gamecock.
655px-Roosterhawaii.jpg

Careful to avoid the sharp talons, he held it over the sack as another opened the top. Quickly, he thrust the angry bird down as the other closed and tied the sack.
The reaction from inside was immediate and impressive. Even with multiple layers of hide muffling the Goth's voice, the men could hear a high, blood-curdling shriek. The motions of the sack were now highly violent.

“The slut seems to be enjoying that new cock," joked Galerius as the others joined in the jocularity.
“Goth whores like her can’t get enough of a powerful verpa (erection/cock),” opined Lycus.
“Anything male seems to make her excitita (aroused, excited),” said Piso.
“Do you believe how she moves even with those chains!” said Galerius, talking with his mouth full of a large helping of botulus (blood pudding sausage). “The canicula (little bitch) is trying to offer her cunne to both serpens et gallus at once! She is so hungry for mentulis (dicks)!”

“Do you believe how she moves even with those chains!” said Galerius, talking with his mouth full of a large helping of botulus (blood pudding sausage). “The canicula (little bitch) is trying to offer her cunne to both serpens et gallus at once! She is so hungry for mentulis (dicks)!”
Typical male macho bullshit. Things haven’t changed much at all even after the passage of nearly two millennia.

I never thought I’d see a punishment of the sack story on cf. You have covered just about every aspect of the Roman system of punishment. Well, you haven’t quite gotten to the big one yet...

Can’t wait to see.

And also, these illustrations are such wonderful additions, and there are so many of them!! You guys are the best.

Back
Top Bottom