Go to CruxDreams.com
You've been a bad girl ... this is going to bite you!
And a very nasty bite!

Galerius Antonius was still curled up on the floor, in a fetal position, weeping. Many of the men in the room continued laughing and chuckling at the comical turn of events. The contrast of the spunky barbarian girl and the rotund and effete Governor's son was startling.
Meanwhile, Barbara was screaming, even louder, spewing venom at her tormentor. Now in Goth, she cursed, "diabaulus þuk nimai, dwala (may the devil take you [to hell], stupid fool)! Her cries were deafening, and Silva told a servant to brank her again – with extra paste. For good measure, having seen what she could do with her feet, they also attached ankle shackles. Even as she gagged and nearly vomited at the noxious intrusion, all could see her eyes still flashing hatred at the man on the floor.

After a few minutes, Galerius recovered somewhat and regained his feet. His face was bright red, and spittle dripped down his receding chin. In a high voice, he shrieked out, ”Tata (daddy)! Send for my Tata! Where are the milites (soldiers)? Find the milites! This bitch must be punished!”
Lucius Piso stepped forward, assuming his self-righteous air of a magistrate of Rome, to take command of the situation. He ordered one of Silva's servants to find some members of the watch. Imperiously, he ordered the others to restrain the Goth girl (even though they had already been done so). Having taken charge, he calmly turned to Galerius, “What do you wish to be done with your serva (slave), domine?”
“I want her condemnata (condemned)! That’s what I want! But first, I want my money back from this dishonest auctioneer! It was an illegal sale!”
“We shall deal with this Goth scum soon enough. But I am afraid that you cannot claim your money back. Along with the others, you had plenty of opportunity to judge the merchandise and hear evidence of her defiance from her own mouth. We all agreed to a sale nihil cautum, and saw the cap placed on her. Multiple Roman citizens witnessed the conclusion of the res mancipi. I declare that you have no grounds to demand a reddendum (refund).”
Galerius sputtered in frustration, but the legal logic was unassailable. Instead, he turned his fury on the helpless bound girl. Winding up, he delivered a punch to her jaw that snapped back her head and made her nearly fall. Fortunately for Barb, the youth was weak, and the blow was not nearly what it might have been.

“Do you have a charge to lay ad servam (against the slave) ?” asked Piso.
"Jove (by Jupiter – even Christian Romans of that day would appeal to the pagan gods when full of fury)! I charge her with lex maiestatis (treason) for attacking the family of the Roman Governor and parricidium (parricide - murder, or attempted murder of a family member, especially a father or a master) for attempting to murder her dominum.”
"Hmm," said Piso, his chin on his hand. "These are the most serious charges possible under Roman Law. However, they do seem justified and in accord with the evidence. Do any here disagree?"
All nodded in reluctant agreement. They mostly felt sorry for Barb and resented the spoiled youth, but the law was clear. They all owned slaves and were thankful for the condemnation of violence against a master or against the Empire.

Barb struggled against her chains and tried to speak through the brank. A dark bruise had begun to appear on her jaw. The girl tried to object even as her stomach churned with the foul mixture in her mouth. It wasn't just or fair, she thought, that she could be tried like this without pleading her case. Among the Goths, any accused of a crime had the right to defend themself. Barbara, as an articulate and respected member of the tribe, had often weighed in on legal disputes, and her arguments carried great weight in the tribe.
However, Roman law was clear; slaves could be condemned on the word of their master and were not allowed to mount any defense*.
Piso drew the neck fold of his toga up over his head. Speaking in a deep and solemn voice of authority, he said, “My office includes the ancient role stretching back to the kings of Rome, of quaestores parricidii (inquirers of murder). As such, I find this slave guilt of lex maiestatis and parricidium cum dolo sciens (with deliberation). I sentence her to death. First, she shall suffer for her parricide, Poena Cullei (penalty of the sack) for una hora et una (one hour and another). Then she flagellabitur (shall be flogged) by the garrison and then crucifigetur (shall be crucified).”

*The legal term was “Serva non habet personam” ('a slave has no persona'). She has no personality. She does not own her body; she has no ancestors, no name, no cognomen, no goods of her own.

Last edited by a moderator:
And a very nasty bite!

Galerius Antonius was still curled up on the floor, in a fetal position, weeping. Many of the men in the room continued laughing and chuckling at the comical turn of events. The contrast of the spunky barbarian girl and the rotund and effete Governor's son was startling.
Meanwhile, Barbara was screaming, even louder, spewing venom at her tormentor. Now in Goth, she cursed, "diabaulus þuk nimai, dwala (may the devil take you [to hell], stupid fool)! Her cries were deafening, and Silva told a servant to brank her again – with extra paste. For good measure, having seen what she could do with her feet, they also attached ankle shackles. Even as she gagged and nearly vomited at the noxious intrusion, all could see her eyes still flashing hatred at the man on the floor.

After a few minutes, Galerius recovered somewhat and regained his feet. His face was bright red, and spittle dripped down his receding chin. In a high voice, he shrieked out, ”Tata (daddy)! Send for my Tata! Where are the milites (soldiers)? Find the milites! This bitch must be punished!”
Lucius Piso stepped forward, assuming his self-righteous air of a magistrate of Rome, to take command of the situation. He ordered one of Silva's servants to find some members of the watch. Imperiously, he ordered the others to restrain the Goth girl (even though they had already been done so). Having taken charge, he calmly turned to Galerius, “What do you wish to be done with your serva (slave), domine?”
“I want her condemnātūra (condemned)! That’s what I want! But first, I want my money back from this dishonest auctioneer! It was an illegal sale!”
“We shall deal with this Goth scum soon enough. But I am afraid that you cannot claim your money back. Along with the others, you had plenty of opportunity to judge the merchandise and hear evidence of her defiance from her own mouth. We all agreed to a sale nihil cautum, and saw the cap placed on her. Multiple Roman citizens witnessed the conclusion of the res mancipi. I declare that you have no grounds to demand a refugium (refund).”
Galerius sputtered in frustration, but the legal logic was unassailable. Instead, he turned his fury on the helpless bound girl. Winding up, he delivered a punch to her jaw that snapped back her head and made her nearly fall. Fortunately for Barb, the youth was weak, and the blow was not nearly what it might have been.

“Do you have a charge to lay ad servam (against the slave) ?” asked Piso.
"Jove (by Jupiter – even Christian Romans of that day would appeal to the pagan gods when full of fury)! I charge her with lex maiestatis (treason) for attacking the family of the Roman Governor and parricidium (parricide - murder, or attempted murder of a family member, especially a father or a master) for attempting to murder her dominum.”
"Hmm," said Piso, his chin on his hand. "These are the most serious charges possible under Roman Law. However, they do seem justified and in accord with the evidence. Do any here disagree?"
All nodded in reluctant agreement. They mostly felt sorry for Barb and resented the spoiled youth, but the law was clear. They all owned slaves and were thankful for the condemnation of violence against a master or against the Empire.

Barb struggled against her chains and tried to speak through the brank. A dark bruise had begun to appear on her jaw. The girl tried to object even as her stomach churned with the foul mixture in her mouth. It wasn't just or fair, she thought, that she could be tried like this without pleading her case. Among the Goths, any accused of a crime had the right to defend themself. Barbara, as an articulate and respected member of the tribe, had often weighed in on legal disputes, and her arguments carried great weight in the tribe.
However, Roman law was clear; slaves could be condemned on the word of their master and were not allowed to mount any defense*.
Piso drew the neck fold of his toga up over his head. Speaking in a deep and solemn voice of authority, he said, “My office includes the ancient role stretching back to the kings of Rome, of quaestores parricidii (inquirers of murder). As such, I find this slave guilt of lex maiestatis and parricidium cum dolo sciens (with deliberation). I sentence her to death. First, she shall suffer for her parricide, Poena Cullei (penalty of the sack) for una hora et una (one hour and another). Then she flagellabiturbe (shall be flogged) by the garrison and then crucifigetur (shall be crucified).”

*The legal term was “Serva non habet personam” ('a slave has no persona'). She has no personality. She does not own her body; she has no ancestors, no name, no cognomen, no goods of her own.
Not surprising that a Goth Slave-Slut doesn't come with a 90 day money back guarantee! And so now we have a delicious flogging to look forward to ...

It wasn't just or fair, she thought, that she could be tried like this without pleading her case. Among the Goths, any accused of a crime had the right to defend themself. Barbara, as an articulate and respected member of the tribe, had often weighed in on legal disputes, and her arguments carried great weight in the tribe.
See!!! They should listen to me! :mad:

See!!! They should listen to me! :mad:
You are right. They should. Romans!:mad: Men!:mad: Everyone here!:oops:

The Gothic Language

In the late first millennium BC, the ancestral Proto-Germanic language was being spoken in the lands around the south-west of the Baltic Sea. During the first few centuries AD, three main dialects evolved, associated with populations that began to expand into neighboring regions. North Germanic expanded into Scandinavia, West Germanic into the lands along the North Sea and southwards inland, as far as the Roman Imperial frontier on the Rhine. East Germanic spread first along the southern Baltic, but then southwards into Central Europe, and further east into the steppes.
Pre_Migration_Age_Germanic.png
Attacks from tribes from Central Asia, especially the Huns, and the attractions of the prosperous Roman Empire, caused several of the East Germanic-speaking peoples to move into Imperial territory, some invading in force, others invited to settle and help defend the Empire. Among these, successive groups of tribes known collectively as Goths crossed the lower Danube and settled firstly in Dacia (roughly modern Romania), then moved westwards through the Balkans into northern Italy, and on into southern Gaul, Iberia, and North Africa. To lend confusion to the names, this migration meant that the East Germanic language people became the Western-most Germans.
1554px-Europe_and_the_Near_East_at_476_AD.pngGermanic Kingdoms at the Fall of the Western Roman Empire circa 476 CE

The main known branches of the East Germanic language are Gothic, Vandalic, Burgundian, and Crimean Gothic (a remnant cut off from the rest of the Goths by the expansion of the Huns and the Slavs). All of these except the Crimean isolate had become extinct well before 1000 AD, leaving as their only traces some personal and place-names, and occasional loan words and influences in modern French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian. This was due to the rapid adoption of Latin by the Goths and their conquest by the Franks (a West Germanic Group), followed by the conquest of North Africa and much of Iberia by the Arabs.

If it has been extinct for so long, how can I have Barb speak Gothic in the story?

While the other East Germanic languages disappeared leaving hardly a trace (they had very little writing in their native tongues), we are fortunate to have some codices (manuscript books) containing texts in Gothic. The prime one is the Codex Argentius which is a sixth-century copy of a fourth-century Bible in Visigothic (the “West” Goth tribe to which Barbara belonged). It resides today at Uppsala University in Sweden; a part of it is on permanent display at the Carolina Rediviva building in that city.
Carolina Rediviva, Uppsala Universitet..jpegCarolina Rediviva, Uppsala Universitet.

It seems an appropriate twist of fate that the primary source for Gothic language is now near the Goths' legendary homeland (including the island of Gotland, and the Swedish region of Götland).

The original fourth-century Bible was commissioned by Ulfilas, a contemporary of our heroine, Barbara, an Arian Bishop in what is now Romania. This name is a Latinization of his Visigothic name, which would have probably been * Wulfila, literally "Little Wolf". It is the earliest text in any Germanic language.
A page from the Codex Argentius
Wulfila_bibel.jpg

Last edited:
Even though the assembled Patricians supported the general rigor of the laws against slave violence or treason, they were uniformly shocked by the extremity of the punishment decreed. They had seen how Barb had merely reacted to a sudden unexpected assault on her body. Most found her response humorous and almost justified. To subject her to the two most horrible punishments in Roman justice seemed unfair and cruel. Nevertheless, not a man dared to be the first to speak and object. The brief moment of opportunity to object to the harsh sentence and suggest some mercy passed.

A minute later, when Silva’s servant returned with the milites (soldiers), the wheels of justice(?) began to move with inexorable inertia. Narbo had enjoyed many years of peaceful tranquility. The Germanic raids on the borders were far away, never penetrating to southern Gaul. The upheaval of the Gothic wars along the Danube and in Thrace and the disastrous defeat of the Eastern Empire's army at the battle of Adrianople in 378 had caused no problems for this prosperous Western province. As a result, the legionary praesidum (garrison) at Narbo consisted of only one undersized centuria (century), consisting of seventy men.
Commanding the praesidum was the Centurion, Gaius Calixtus. Gaius, at thirty-nine, was a hard-bitten professional soldier with twenty years in service. A taciturn man of simple habits, he was known for his strict discipline and respectful treatment of the citizens. He was short yet powerfully built and renowned as ruthless in battle. But the citizens never knew the man to have raised his voice. His iron will and prodigious strength spoke loudly enough.
The servant happened upon Calixtus and three soldiers passing near the mercatus. When he heard of the Quaestor's summons, Gaius immediately followed the servant into the auction hall with his men.

Piso greeted the Centurion and explained the situation. In a low voice, he detailed the sentence and how he wanted it to be carried out. Gaius showed not the slightest emotion at the prospect of the torture and death of the helpless young woman. He merely nodded impassionately. Behind him, the younger soldiers furtively cast leering looks at the beauty of the Goth girl. Septimus’s servants, feeling sorry for Barbara, had tied the robe she'd worn coming from Lycus's house around her neck. But without any other fasteners, the front gaped open, giving the lustful milites tantalizing glimpses of her private parts.
When Piso completed his instructions, Calixtus ordered his men to take possession of the prisoner. The soldiers eagerly stepped forward, grabbed Barb’s arms, pulled her toward the archway. As the soldiers moved her toward the exit, they were already fondling her tempting body. Barbara would have given anything to protest, but the gagging brank remained in place.

the legionary praesidum (garrison) at Narbo consisted of only one undersized centuria (century), consisting of seventy men.
Commanding the praesidum was the Centurion, Gaius Calixtus. Gaius, at thirty-nine, was a hard-bitten professional soldier with twenty years in service.

Uh oh, I think I know where this story is headed. Sounds like the prelude to a replay of the disastrous 9 CE Roman defeat in the Teutoberg Forest

Even though the assembled Patricians supported the general rigor of the laws against slave violence or treason, they were uniformly shocked by the extremity of the punishment decreed. They had seen how Barb had merely reacted to a sudden unexpected assault on her body. Most found her response humorous and almost justified. To subject her to the two most horrible punishments in Roman justice seemed unfair and cruel. Nevertheless, not a man dared to be the first to speak and object. The brief moment of opportunity to object to the harsh sentence and suggest some mercy passed.

A minute later, when Silva’s servant returned with the milites (soldiers), the wheels of justice(?) began to move with inexorable inertia. Narbo had enjoyed many years of peaceful tranquility. The Germanic raids on the borders were far away, never penetrating to southern Gaul. The upheaval of the Gothic wars along the Danube and in Thrace and the disastrous defeat of the Eastern Empire's army at the battle of Adrianople in 378 had caused no problems for this prosperous Western province. As a result, the legionary praesidum (garrison) at Narbo consisted of only one undersized centuria (century), consisting of seventy men.
Commanding the praesidum was the Centurion, Gaius Calixtus. Gaius, at thirty-nine, was a hard-bitten professional soldier with twenty years in service. A taciturn man of simple habits, he was known for his strict discipline and respectful treatment of the citizens. He was short yet powerfully built and renowned as ruthless in battle. But the citizens never knew the man to have raised his voice. His iron will and prodigious strength spoke loudly enough.
The servant happened upon Calixtus and three soldiers passing near the mercatus. When he heard of the Quaestor's summons, Gaius immediately followed the servant into the auction hall with his men.

Piso greeted the Centurion and explained the situation. In a low voice, he detailed the sentence and how he wanted it to be carried out. Gaius showed not the slightest emotion at the prospect of the torture and death of the helpless young woman. He merely nodded impassionately. Behind him, the younger soldiers furtively cast leering looks at the beauty of the Goth girl. Septimus’s servants, feeling sorry for Barbara, had tied the robe she'd worn coming from Lycus's house around her neck. But without any other fasteners, the front gaped open, giving the lustful milites tantalizing glimpses of her private parts.
When Piso completed his instructions, Calixtus ordered his men to take possession of the prisoner. The soldiers eagerly stepped forward, grabbed Barb’s arms, pulled her toward the archway. As the soldiers moved her toward the exit, they were already fondling her tempting body. Barbara would have given anything to protest, but the gagging brank remained in place.
The way that PrPr weaves a most erotic thread into what is a hugely informative historical narrative is excellent. And now the Goth girl's demise begins ...

Oh what a great installment! Another one! The anticipation is electric. I can’t wait for the sack, haven’t read that described on here yet. Curious what animals will be chosen.

I’m sure everyone knows what I’m waiting for in particular but the delay is delicious...

Before the Centurion could turn to go, Galerius joined them. Gaius routinely saluted the Governor’s son (whom he privately despised).
Galerius spoke in a soft voice, “Gentlemen, I would like a few special things done with my slave.”
Gaius said, “Of course, domine. What do you wish?”
Galerius leaned even closer and began speaking in a whisper. As he did, Piso smiled broadly and nodded in agreement. Gaius, as was his wont, stood erect and stone-faced. When Galerius finished, Lucius said to the Centurion, “Sic fac (Do it so).”
Gaius saluted both men and said, “ Of course, domine, It shall be our pleasure.” He turned and moved to his men waiting at the archway. As he approached, he observed the three milites standing awkwardly around Barbara, two holding her arms.

“What is she doing in this robe?” he asked, looking to Silva.
"She wore that when she came from the house of Marcus Lycus," the auctioneer replied. "My men just put it back on her now."
“It is not the dress of a condemned slave,” said Gaius. Take it off and give her a slave’s loincloth.”
Silva gestured to his men, who promptly obeyed the Centurion’s orders.
Gaius turned back to his men. "Have any of you ever escorted a prisoner before?" The three young men (the oldest was nineteen - they were recent recruits from a rural town in central Gaul) nodded negatively.
"All right, then," Gaius said in his indulgent tone for instructing new men, "let me show you how it's done. Mind! Next time, you'll do it right, or I'll take a willow to your backs." The men nodded nervously. Gaius's impatience with having to explain something twice was well known in the praesidum.

"Here's a lead," he said, holding up a five-foot leather strap with a loop at the end. "You use it to guide the prisoner or to whip them if they resist." He passed the end through the loop to make a noose. This, he put over Barb's head and around her soft neck. "You get her to follow by giving a jerk." He illustrated by yanking on the strap. As the noose tightened on her neck, Barb was jerked forward. If the two men hadn't been holding her, she might have fallen. As it was, the sudden tightening around her windpipe sent a wave of terror through the girl.

"Three is the best number to escort a prisoner. One," he turned to the nearest soldier, "takes the lead." He handed the man the leather strap. "Hold it firmly. Make the prisoner follow your lead like a well-trained horse." The man grabbed the leather tightly and gave a little jerk to show he understood. Barb gulped in fear as the noose tightened on her neck even more.
Turning to the others, Gaius said, "The other two do not need to hold a bound prisoner." Those released Barb's arms at once. "They should position themselves on each side, slightly behind." The two immediately assumed that position. "Your first duty is to protect the procession from any who might interfere. So keep your eyes surveying the space around and behind you. If necessary, you may help move a slow prisoner along by blows to their dorsum (back) or nates (buttocks). Do we understand?" The men nodded, obediently. It all had been delivered in the voice of a father gently instructing his son on the techniques of tying a shoe. But the men knew that if they missed one detail, they would suffer severe correction.

“Then we can go,” said the Centurion, walking out the archway, without a doubt that his men would follow close behind.

Before the Centurion could turn to go, Galerius joined them. Gaius routinely saluted the Governor’s son (whom he privately despised).
Galerius spoke in a soft voice, “Gentlemen, I would like a few special things done with my slave.”
Gaius said, “Of course, domine. What do you wish?”
Galerius leaned even closer and began speaking in a whisper. As he did, Piso smiled broadly and nodded in agreement. Gaius, as was his wont, stood erect and stone-faced. When Galerius finished, Lucius said to the Centurion, “Sic fac (Do it so).”
Gaius saluted both men and said, “ Of course, domine, It shall be our pleasure.” He turned and moved to his men waiting at the archway. As he approached, he observed the three milites standing awkwardly around Barbara, two holding her arms.

“What is she doing in this robe?” he asked, looking to Silva.
"She wore that when she came from the house of Marcus Lycus," the auctioneer replied. "My men just put it back on her now."
“It is not the dress of a condemned slave,” said Gaius. Take it off and give her a slave’s loincloth.”
Silva gestured to his men, who promptly obeyed the Centurion’s orders.
Gaius turned back to his men. "Have any of you ever escorted a prisoner before?" The three young men (the oldest was nineteen - they were recent recruits from a rural town in central Gaul) nodded negatively.
"All right, then," Gaius said in his indulgent tone for instructing new men, "let me show you how it's done. Mind! Next time, you'll do it right, or I'll take a willow to your backs." The men nodded nervously. Gaius's impatience with having to explain something twice was well known in the praesidum.

"Here's a lead," he said, holding up a five-foot leather strap with a loop at the end. "You use it to guide the prisoner or to whip them if they resist." He passed the end through the loop to make a noose. This, he put over Barb's head and around her soft neck. "You get her to follow by giving a jerk." He illustrated by yanking on the strap. As the noose tightened on her neck, Barb was jerked forward. If the two men hadn't been holding her, she might have fallen. As it was, the sudden tightening around her windpipe sent a wave of terror through the girl.

"Three is the best number to escort a prisoner. One," he turned to the nearest soldier, "takes the lead." He handed the man the leather strap. "Hold it firmly. Make the prisoner follow your lead like a well-trained horse." The man grabbed the leather tightly and gave a little jerk to show he understood. Barb gulped in fear as the noose tightened on her neck even more.
Turning to the others, Gaius said, "The other two do not need to hold a bound prisoner." Those released Barb's arms at once. "They should position themselves on each side, slightly behind." The two immediately assumed that position. "Your first duty is to protect the procession from any who might interfere. So keep your eyes surveying the space around and behind you. If necessary, you may help move a slow prisoner along by blows to their dorsum (back) or nates (buttocks). Do we understand?" The men nodded, obediently. It all had been delivered in the voice of a father gently instructing his son on the techniques of tying a shoe. But the men knew that if they missed one detail, they would suffer severe correction.

“Then we can go,” said the Centurion, walking out the archway, without a doubt that his men would follow close behind.
The image of the Goth girl wearing nothing but a slave's loincloth and the loathsome tasting Brank gag ... Beautiful!

They can now officially add to their resumes: “successful completion of the official Legionary escorting prisoner (nude female) 101 training course”. ;)

A slight deviation,from the written subject,(for which I apologise),but this is,what they sell,at the Whitby Goth Festival...liquorice-flavour Ice cream !! :eek: :eek:
Thoughts,anyone...??
View attachment 979788
Do they sprinkle coal dust on it to make it more appetizing?

Back
Top Bottom