The Firebird - A Crux Fairy Tale

Go to CruxDreams.com
I have been very busy lately, and fell behind on this story. But tonight, I found some time to catch up. I like to listen to music while I'm on the forums, so I slipped on my headphones, and put on Fleetwood Mac's Tusk album on the turntable, and settled in to read the last two chapters.
Well, I just finished reading the last chapters, and I am glad I did. This was a very enjoyable, and entertaining story Jollyrei. The ending was very romantic, I give you two thumbs up Jollyrei.
Well done sir:)
:beer::clapping:
I must try that, thanks for the tip, Hondo! :)

You're very kind. Thank you. :) Fleetwood Mac "Tusk", eh? That must have been some surrealistic ride. :D

"Why don't you ask me what's goin' on..."
Actually I was reading, the song "Beautiful Child" was playing, this is my favorite Stevie Nicks song. The song is one of the most beautiful Fleetwood Mac songs. and it has such a powerful, hypnotic message.
"I'm not a child anymore
I'm tall enough
To reach for the stars
I'm old enough
To love you from afar
Too trusting? Yes
But then women usually are"

Actually I was reading, the song "Beautiful Child" was playing, this is my favorite Stevie Nicks song. The song is one of the most beautiful Fleetwood Mac songs. and it has such a powerful, hypnotic message.
"I'm not a child anymore
I'm tall enough
To reach for the stars
I'm old enough
To love you from afar
Too trusting? Yes
Works for me....

"I'm not a child anymore
I'm tall enough
To reach for the stars
I'm old enough
To love you from afar
Too trusting? Yes
I seem to be suggestible. I've got "Tusk" on now, on that song. I agree - it is the most compelling song on the album. :cool:

§ 88. When the man of whom I have spoken died, his girl slaves were asked, "Who will die with him?" One answered, "I." She was then put in the care of two young women, who watched over her and accompanied her everywhere, to the point that they occasionally washed her feet with their own hands. Garments were being made for the deceased and all else was being readied of which he had need. Meanwhile the slave drinks every day and sings, giving herself over to pleasure.

I will go with him.
I have no choice. :rolleyes:

A sacrifice!
Lovely fantasy Eulalia.

Beautiful story my Jolly, I loved it :)

Ibn Fadlan might have sexed it up a bit, but it wasn't a fantasy -
actually, sati ('suttee'), wives and/or slave-women being sacrificed on their husband's/ master's funeral pyre,
was pretty widespread throughout Eurasia, in warrior societies that practised cremation.

While being tortured on the x-cross, I pondered just how much "verisimilitude" there might be in this fairy tale, and in between screams and shrieks (my god those red hot pokers do cause pain), I concluded not very much.

I did think, though, that I was appropriately sassy, questioning, and generally disrespectful in the prescence of that repulsively poor excuse for a tsar. The Queen Mary can certainly do a better pirouette than he can! But then again this isn't about trying out for the follies, is it?

In any case, the gang is all here now after a magic carpet ride and I sense this rousingly wild ride of a tale pivoting toward a conclusion (along with the U.S. election).

So bring on the pollsters. Will Jollyrei and phlebas show some guts, resolve and bravery in the final act? Will someone please rescue me? What does "verisimilitude" mean anyway? Will someone please admit that Australia exists?

All too close to call I suspect!

Sorry Barb, but the concept of such a manoeuvre by the Queen Mary lacks verisimilitude (as does this illustration.)

Queen Mary pirouette.jpg

Looks like God's finally pulled the bath-plug :D

(but yes, it can't be right, the Queen Mary wouldn't have been south of the Equator ;))

Good point, Eulalia. QM was designed as a North Atlantic ferry and did not have air conditioning etc for equatorial passages. However, notwithstanding these deficiencies, World War 2 saw her pressed into service as a fast troop transport. This image I have not manipulated. That really is Queen Mary in battleship grey and that really is Sydney Harbour Bridge...

qminsydneyharbor1941.jpg

They have nice ferries in your part of the world, Bobinder! :)

They were also referred to as Western Ocean Mail Boats. Since 'SS France/Norway' was scrapped in 2008, 'SS United States' and 'Queen Mary' are the last survivors from the golden age of the North Atlantic Ferry. Whilst she's made her home at Long Beach for nearly half a century, Mary will always be remembered as the Pride of the Clyde.

SS_United_States_a_luxury_-a-27_1454019027855.jpgQM 871eb1523fe9d188e7ed34b9e5553a2f.jpg

Good point, Eulalia. QM was designed as a North Atlantic ferry and did not have air conditioning etc for equatorial passages. However, notwithstanding these deficiencies, World War 2 saw her pressed into service as a fast troop transport. This image I have not manipulated. That really is Queen Mary in battleship grey and that really is Sydney Harbour Bridge...

View attachment 436910

Interesting pic. So much has changed.
No hi rise skyline, no Opera House
a_DSRD001-a.jpg 33218ADF00000578-0-image-a-55_1460551243923.jpg

but the modern equivalent of the old queen still come
from-the-ferry-station.jpg

Thanks for a great story. I am reminded of an Oglaf cartoon where the hero who tries to shag the Snow Queen gets penis frostbite (ouch!) and she is eventually satisfied by a lady adventurer with a strap-on.

Thanks for a great story. I am reminded of an Oglaf cartoon where the hero who tries to shag the Snow Queen gets penis frostbite (ouch!) and she is eventually satisfied by a lady adventurer with a strap-on.
Thank you for reading, and I'm very glad you liked it. Hopefully I'll get around to doing another mangled fairy tale one of these days.

Back
Top Bottom