Go to CruxDreams.com
Fernand Meyssonier was an executioner in the last years of French Algeria from 1947 to 1961, and after his retirement became a collector of torture instruments and memorabilia -- you have to love a man who make his job his hobby! The collection came up for sale after his death in 2008, but the auction was cancelled when there was a public outcry. However, the items were catalogued and two paintings (signed "A. Sothonax") were later separately sold for a combined 900 Euro. Here they are:

Sothonax Breast Torture.jpgSothonax Iron Maiden.jpg

Another three paintings from the unsold collection (excuse the image quality):

executioner_67_1.jpgexecutioner_35_1.jpgexecutioner_50_1.jpg

And a mysterious object with images of torture scenes on it -- not sure if the object itself is also a torture instrument:

executioner_64_1.jpg

A few more traditional torture instruments from the sale -- if you have a neck iron, you might as well put spikes on the inside...

executioner_02_1.jpgexecutioner_13_1.jpgexecutioner_38_1.jpgexecutioner_62_1.jpg

Fernand Meyssonier was an executioner in the last years of French Algeria from 1947 to 1961, and after his retirement became a collector of torture instruments and memorabilia -- you have to love a man who make his job his hobby! The collection came up for sale after his death in 2008, but the auction was cancelled when there was a public outcry. However, the items were catalogued and two paintings (signed "A. Sothonax") were later separately sold for a combined 900 Euro. Here they are:

View attachment 1059224View attachment 1059225

Another three paintings from the unsold collection (excuse the image quality):

View attachment 1059233View attachment 1059231View attachment 1059232

And a mysterious object with images of torture scenes on it -- not sure if the object itself is also a torture instrument:

View attachment 1059244

A few more traditional torture instruments from the sale -- if you have a neck iron, you might as well put spikes on the inside...

View attachment 1059245View attachment 1059246View attachment 1059247View attachment 1059248
Here is the full PDF auction catalogue attached -- many more images in it (but not the first two paintings, which were sold separately).

Attachments

• Catalogue-vente-collection-Fernand-Meyssonnier.pdf
    6.8 MB · Views: 385
"Witch, I've just started. If you don't confess I'll go on for hours..."

gabriel inquisition 413-1-.jpg

from a movie?
I don't know. It has a similar look to Inquistion World (or it's offspring sites), but I don't think it's their work. But I could be wrong though... wouldn't be the first time. If anyone knows its origin, please chime in.

Back
Top Bottom