The Last Warrior In Your Last Moment

Go to CruxDreams.com
Cona the Barbarian, hunted down by Thulsa Doom's temple guards.
The arrows are targeted very precise by Thulsa's best crossbow marksman - only to incapacitate the dangerous, muscled barbarian warrior.
Thulsa ordered her not to be killed but be spared. Her wounds would be cauterized by a healer and after some days of recovery her cruel punishment would begin down in Thulsa Doom's torture dungeon to prepare her for the crucifixion!Cona arrowed se1.jpg

Geez, who did those has real talent
Those are wonderful. :)

I should attribute, the artist is Christian Sloan Hall, a guy who it seems mostly lives off doing cover artwork for heavy metal bands and such (those often tend to be a bit busy and exaggerated as there is just too much deathlording going on).

So a lot of his stuff is Nordic themed, lots of Ragnarök and wolf warriors and such also some of the work is going to be politically incorrect, but he also does Celtic and Bronze Age themes and in fact has quite a versatile style.

Sometimes I find the ink only versions or sketches give more room for the imagination

christian sloan hall.jpg 40380081_1886975824722541_8390021654125740032_n.jpg
It happens subconsciously, but when I see a sketch I like, I get a very specific image in my mind, and then when later along I find the full color version ... it's just 'so obviously wrong' ;)

these in full color are very nice though
D7cHLn2XsAIRzFe.jpg ERVrEi0WsAAXOmO.jpg

this works better in black & white in my opinion maybe because in full color the corpse-strewn slaughterfield looks a little exaggerated.
DzcVR1TXcAAEzJC.jpg10679925_710712179015584_3247202982936173879_o.jpg

The Nordic metal stuff I find often suffers from trying too hard to be absolutely badass ... sometimes just having fewer skulls & corpses in it actually improves the image...

He also does various damsels & death-ladies, I think I've already posted some of his work in Death & the Maiden.

DuQf57-X4AArG4n.jpg DPMZxtAVQAAPBtn.jpg 20933892_1464859110267550_6981300994978351274_o.jpg 15578015_1216606531759477_3263642153211606138_o.jpg

Isn't it ridiculous how the 'Last Warrior' always ends up fighting her hopeless battle, naked with nothing but a sword, against some properly equipped opponent?
How do these girls even get in these kinds of situations, hmmm?
Running around naked with swords and all that?
Are they stupid?

No idea!

Anyway ...

... this is me, replenishing my mystic powers in the Fountain of Renewal.
Now that is of course an occasion when it's natural (and enjoyable) to be all nude.
And it makes way more sense than going naked after warriors.
001.jpg
Once I have my full powers again I can just dazzle and confuse the lot of them and make them trip over their swords till they're dizzy!
That's much more effective than getting myself cut to ribbons in a stupid swordfight isn't it?

The reason I'm here is I exhausted my spellcraft to escape the irons of the Truthfinders, who had already started up their torture ritual after ambushing and shackling me.

And so if you ask how any self respecting sorceress could have this ridiculous kind of hair, yes that was the first thing they did ... they truncated my golden tresses. Probably to use in perverted rituals of their own. Well, the Fountain will make them grow back more lushly, in a matter of only a few weeks.

The location of this magic pool is of course a closely guarded secret, nevertheless it has again and again been found by all sort of adventurers.

Heroes, Titans, warriors have waded into it, hoping to receive some manner of blessing, power, healing ... your soul must be bound to the ancient powers of this place, for you to be accepted as worthy.

Lacking that, all those shiny knights with their blinking blades ... they boiled and bubbled away to nothing in these still, sacred waters.

Only their armaments remain, the ground of the pool covered in a deep, ever growing layer of armor, swords, treasure and trinkets left over from uncounted centuries of failed quests....

These things mean nothing to me ...
... except that I have to wear sandals when entering the pool!
Otherwise I'll cut my feet on some forgotten hero's axe or sword!

And of course the water has healing powers but ... one of the rules that govern this enchanted pool is that -- any wounds taken while standing within its waters cannot be healed by those same waters.

So you could run a sword through me while standing on the bank of the pool and if you made the mistake of allowing my body to splash into the water -- I would heal!
But stepping on some spiky bit in here, I will bleed like everyone else.

And well, there is of course another rule about the Fountain that is even more important.

The very same powers it replenishes, cannot be used while they rebuild.
Renewing oneself in the Fountain is a bit like a molting process ... right after it, there is a very vulnerable time.
No protection.
The sun must set and rise once again after leaving the pool for the powers to slowly become available.

So you understand I take a lot of care to make sure nobody follows me here.

But ...

It seems there is someone!

Damnation!
It is one of these warrior types!

And he seems to know enough to not just wade into the pool to get to me and slay me! That would cause him to dissolve like all the others!

He aims at me with a small crossbow and just waits with an emotionless face.
The fountain will not heal any wound taken while immersed in its water ... so I must leave!

Naked as I am ... with nothing but sandals!

Oh well what with all these weapons at the bottom of the pool, I grope around and grab some!

Armed with blades of some long dead warriors, I try to slink away through the woods.

005.jpg
I have absolutely no spellcraft at my command right now, so I cannot fade into invisibility.
I just have to hope that I know this place a bit better than the intruder does so I either have a chance to escape, or if I can't get past him at least have some element of surprise on my side ...
Isn't it ridiculous ... fighting her hopeless battle, naked with nothing but a sword?
How do these girls even get in these kinds of situations, hmmm?
Running around naked with swords and all that?
Are they stupid?

The gods have humbled me!
I am now one of these naked stupid sword girls.
Believe me I'm not that good with a sword.
But that's all I have now.
Well plus a dagger and sandals.

I guess I must have been stupid somewhere ...

(I stumbled across a set of images featuring the naked girl with sword trope and I'm just making up my own nonsense story to go with them ;) They are originally by an artist called Jeff Fairbourne.)

Okay well damn there is no way past him.
He sees me and confronts me. There is no way for you to escape, witch, he says.

I'm not seeing the crossbow anymore, he's got a greatsword, and he's pretty much just standing there looking like doom.

I know if I run he will come after me and run me down.

Go away, I tell him.
This place is not for the likes of you.
Curses will befall you.
Look, this here is an enchanted blade that has taken many heads.
Leave now and I'll spare you
You do know who you are dealing with?

I snarl at him. I cut the air with my 'magic sword' ... which is just junk from some long dead warrior.
005b.jpg 006.jpg
Swoooosh!!!

Does that impress him?

Umm no.

I know very well .. what it is I am dealing with, he says.

I am getting a bad feeling about this.
He didn't say 'who' I'm dealing with but 'what'.
His stance, expression, tone of voice give no hint at all, that the sight of my nude body has any effect on him at all.
His eye are cold and do not wander.
To him I am only a thing, an abomination that must be dispatched.
He has trained himself to cruelty and hardened his heart.
So that the fact his prey appears in the shape of a vulnerable woman causes not one moment of doubt or hesitation in him.

He advances steadily but very slowly now.
He's waiting for me to panic and run, to become easy prey.
Or he's waiting for me to make a rash move.

I can't just stand here, right?

Someone like me will obviously devote most of her time practicing and perfecting spellcraft and honing her witchy wickedness.
I did have a sword-teacher, a good and insightful man, and I should have made more use of his services.
I see the sword-teacher's face before my eyes now ... but this is not a training round.

I will have to make do with my pitiful fighting skills ...

... I guess my only chance is to make my attack sudden and ferocious to perhaps land some cut and then have a chance to disengage and run.
Or die trying which will be preferrable to whatever fate awaits if he captures the 'thing' that he sees in me ...

So it has come to this ...

I'm a naked besandaled sword girl charging a warrior with tits a-jiggling.
007.jpg

Let this end quickly, I feel so silly! Fools rush in they say well this is already a foolish situation.
009.jpg
This is so embarassing. I'd almost want to say, okay just kill me ... but ...

How did I get into this stupid situation so quickly?

It's amazing all of the things that go through one's head when one knows it is time to die.

I see the sword-teacher's face again, and he is shaking his head in disappointment.
I'm sorry!

While I flail about helplessly, I understand that the warrior's huge sword is just about to come down and take my head off.

010.jpg

It's like I can see a few seconds into my future as my death unfolds.

First my world will briefly turn upside down and bouncy as my head rolls about.

(It's true, you get a few moments like that before things go dark. Trust me I know this, as a sorceress ... I have been inside the mind of a condemned criminal moments before the axe, to steal an important truth ... and I left a little late. So I know)

Then as my spirit, released, begins to recede into the forest, I will see him ... a look of mild disgust on his face as when disposing of some refuse, as he shoves away my lifeless body with a savage kick between the legs.

He will retrieve the head, gathering up the trophy of an easy victory, picking it up by the hair, and he will gaze into the slightly puzzled expression on my dead face.
He will spit into that face.

And then, well again, I have seen things that most people wouldn't want to...

... this type of man, all these Truthfinders and Outstampers, one thing they like to do of course, is to force women to, 'give them head'.

In this situation, what he'll do is 'take my head' in the most unnatural and abhorrent way, making use of an opening that has only become available through the sword-stroke.

Then he will mount my grotesquely desecrated head on a stick and ride proud into town, brandishing his sceptre of triumph.

The witch is dead! The witch is dead! people will cry in the cobbled streets, never thinking, never having known, that the greater part of my spells have always been for their good ...

i see the face of my sword-teacher ...
... you would not have wanted your pupil to end up a head mounted on a pike ...
... I'm sorry but I'm just no good at this ...
... I was never meant to be a warrior, now I am falling as one ...

... so that is what it's like, "the warrior in her last moment"

Well it comes differently than I expected.
So much for my ability to foresee even the immediate future, but I did say that visiting the Fountain blunts my powers for one sunset and one sunrise?

I've proven myself worthless as a warrior and right now I'm not even a sorry excuse for a sorceress.

I might as well be a sack of potatoes right now ...
... but well, for him I have worth as a trophy I guess?
Or something to trade in for reward?

He wants me alive so I can face the most unspeakable tortures.

Pain shoots up my right wrist as a massive blow sends my useless sword flying away.
011.jpg
He grabs for my left arm, where I still have that dagger.
I can't react as I'm dizzy from the pain.

He's got me. I simply can't keep up with the speed of his reflexes.
012.jpg

He's turning this into an absurd little dance.
Where he's absolutely leading it.
012b.jpg

Pulling me round wherever he wants me.
I am sort of holding on to the dagger ...
not with any intent but basically because I have to hold on to something?
I should be fighting back, using my arms, legs, biting, whatever, instead ...

WHUMP ! -- OÔÖÔFF !!
I really might as well be a sack of potatoes.
013.jpg

KRRKK ! -- AÜÍÍ !!
I am not going to be using that arm for some time but then again what difference does it make at this point?
015.jpg

I'm down and he's over me, heavy, his breath in my neck.
Actually I'm trying to let go of that stupid dagger but my hand won't open!!
017.jpg 017b.jpg

He's completely in control.
I glance up at him.
I give up. Warrior, you win. I will no longer resist. I'm yours to do whatever you will with me.
018.jpg

Well it comes differently than I expected.
So much for my ability to foresee even the immediate future, but I did say that visiting the Fountain blunts my powers for one sunset and one sunrise?

I've proven myself worthless as a warrior and right now I'm not even a sorry excuse for a sorceress.

I might as well be a sack of potatoes right now ...
... but well, for him I have worth as a trophy I guess?
Or something to trade in for reward?

He wants me alive so I can face the most unspeakable tortures.

Pain shoots up my right wrist as a massive blow sends my useless sword flying away.
View attachment 868892
He grabs for my left arm, where I still have that dagger.
I can't react as I'm dizzy from the pain.

He's got me. I simply can't keep up with the speed of his reflexes.
View attachment 868893

He's turning this into an absurd little dance.
Where he's absolutely leading it.
View attachment 868894

Pulling me round wherever he wants me.
I am sort of holding on to the dagger ...
not with any intent but basically because I have to hold on to something?
I should be fighting back, using my arms, legs, biting, whatever, instead ...

WHUMP ! -- OÔÖÔFF !!
I really might as well be a sack of potatoes.
View attachment 868895

KRRKK ! -- AÜÍÍ !!
I am not going to be using that arm for some time but then again what difference does it make at this point?
View attachment 868896

I'm down and he's over me, heavy, his breath in my neck.
Actually I'm trying to let go of that stupid dagger but my hand won't open!!
View attachment 868897 View attachment 868898

He's completely in control.
I glance up at him.
I give up. Warrior, you win. I will no longer resist. I'm yours to do whatever you will with me.
View attachment 868899

Perhaps the problem was your footwear? :rolleyes:

Never mind the prehistoric Uggs; what is that thing around her neck? I think I saw it on the floor of my aunt's bathroom in 1975....with matching toilet lid cover, of course.:D
You were lucky - my aunt had a sort of mint green one, which was simply putrid. Glad this warrior girl has better taste in "rugs de toilette". :D

Perhaps the problem was your footwear? :rolleyes:
Never mind the prehistoric Uggs; what is that thing around her neck?
Hey! Barb was referring to this footwear,
018.jpg
not carpet-ugg girl!!!

Anyway some more warriors...

from artist Dashinvaine,

beware the sting of the scorpion and the fang of the serpent...
coatlanxi_by_dashinvaine_dcgpfe2.jpg

This one is embattled by some squamous denizens of the deep
asterith_embattled_by_dashinvaine_d6vr71v.jpg

from artist Thom Chen,

Training for blind fighting? or subjected to divine judgement?
blind_by_thomchen114_dbyex7w-fullview.jpg

Bring 'em on!!!
dbycgw2-1a035deb-3dcd-4956-95aa-b33608e6158f.jpg

The wind whispered to the warrior,
"You cannot withstand the storm."
And the warrior whispered back,
"I am the storm."

da4xtim.jpg

It's always good for a warrior to have air support to spit some fire in case things go wrong.
Since dragons have died out nowadays they have to make do with this
send_package_by_thomchen114_dbxug49-fullview.jpg

not every fight turns out to be a fair one ...

View attachment 879071 View attachment 879069

Actually there is some great history on sword versus pistol duels (not often formal ones but one on one break out fights). Pistols have many advantages but they lack a sword's stopping power meaning often the pistoleer was cut or stabbed down even when they successfully discharged their weapon.

Actually there is some great history on sword versus pistol duels (not often formal ones but one on one break out fights). Pistols have many advantages but they lack a sword's stopping power meaning often the pistoleer was cut or stabbed down even when they successfully discharged their weapon.
I'm actually not trying to make a statement about historically correct military tactics or anything, it's basically costume play. They just appeared close to each other in shots done by the same photographer. So I linked them.

I'm actually not trying to make a statement about historically correct military tactics or anything, it's basically costume play. They just appeared close to each other in shots done by the same photographer. So I linked them.

Oh yes, just feel it could be a far more interesting clash than many people realise.

Oh yes, just feel it could be a far more interesting clash than many people realise.
true,
as with the blade, there can be a number of tries,
while reloading would be a long time ...
bad especially if the first shot misses.
I would guess few people would be armed exlusively with one pistol if they expected a real fight

(and well, the costume girl, isn't her name ummm ... 'Cutlass' in the first place ;) )

... but in the worst case she will just have to pummel her opponent with the pistol grip.
there are quite a few examples of them having knobby or even a bit hatchety grips propably for purpose of last-ditch defense although I think the hatchet grip is a bit of a dead end when it comes to firearms design isn't it? ...

20190806_133854.jpg20180801_190212.jpg

The other girl might not look as if she'd press on an attack after having a bullet rip into her, but the first reactions to serious injury can be very unpredictable and she wouldn't even know herself, beforehand.

Back
Top Bottom