The Laugh Of The Hyena

Go to CruxDreams.com
Interesting dynamic so far between master and slave girl. She seems guileless, with a wanton innocence, but intelligence as well. I haven't figured him out yet - noble, tired, jaded?

Very nicely done, Malin.

While trawling old stories written in His absence Pp finds this. A most interesting idea Malin and it reminds Pp of something you had suggested might play out in another story of a Master and slavegirls. So Pp has jotted notes that, one day, might prove useful.

But Malin speaks of no multiple nonlinear chronologies or recursively reincarnating characters and winks ;) just before Pp discovers the sale of desirable slavegirls to the insufferably arrogant Asmodelia of the Despotate of Deliria.

A twinge of regret, and also anger, at the thought of Iris and Topaz, whom he’d had to sell off, not even to someone he knew, to somewhere he’d know they’d be safe, to someone whom they'd be well-kept with. No, it had to be away, to a trader, and all he could ever find was that an insufferably arrogant lady by the name of Asmodelia had shipped them off to her estate in the Despotate of Deliria.

Now Pp, in the guise of a merchant, has had some experience of the insufferable Asmodelia elsewhere so one wonders whether recursive reincarnation is an affliction Malin cannot escape :D.

These precious few parts stand well enough alone but could also go so much further ;).

whether recursive reincarnation is an affliction Malin cannot escape
hmmm the worst inescapable affliction right now is not being able to find the situations where I might continue a story. But well... there's a new year's resolution. For this one, I promise anyone who dies stays dead, so no reincarnation. I guess I just decided at some point if I'm going to write stories set in a diffuse fantasy-land I might just always use the same world...
Now Pp, in the guise of a merchant, has had some experience of the insufferable Asmodelia elsewhere
Hmmm, the protagonist of this story might have seen a different side of her, or maybe he just can't deal with that kind of person as well as that merchant did...

Came across this story, and it's really great. It's unfortunate that it wasn't continued but I can only relate.

I hope it's alright to comment on such an old thread. But I wanted to say that I love the girl's ready submission! It's really exciting. I love the focus it puts on her helplessness as a slave, as she doesn't need to be violently coerced first. This is definitely my kind of story.

And now I'm curious about Asmodelia.

Thanks!

I hope it's alright to comment on such an old thread.
There's no rule whatsoever I'm aware of that old threads can't be revived. True, this is a four year old fragment but sometimes new members bring in new perspectives and we've been discussing views of slavery a lot...

... on the background of that I think bringing this one back to the surface is a motivation to continue it!
I love the girl's ready submission! It's really exciting. I love the focus it puts on her helplessness as a slave, as she doesn't need to be violently coerced first.
I guess she's culturally accustomed to a certain form of slavery ...
certainly ownership by conquest is an idea she recognizes but with it comes a responsibilty of protection.
Also it seems that she's been in a situation were she lost her previous guardians ... she says that she'd been saved and protected by that other man, and so obeyed him. That doesn't mean though she doesn't have an independent mind which might get her in trouble ...
And now I'm curious about Asmodelia.
She doesn't show up specifically anywhere else, but she's one of the daughters of the Despot of Deliria himself, she has a sister known as Belialine the Brilliant.

The Despotate has its own set of rules for slavery and how it goes for one who's fallen foul of them is described here http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/what-i-dont-know.5758/ -- does include a crucifixion, however the one described is non-lethal and more of a display, for the purpose of the games that their rules allow...

Back
Top Bottom