The New Arcimboldo Archive

Go to CruxDreams.com
The screw doesn’t move up or down, just rotates. This forces the panel (to which her arms are tied) to move up or down, since it has a threaded hole through the middle, and is mounted so it can slide up or down the upright members of the frame. It’s like when you tighten or loosen a vice, the threaded screw rotates in place, and makes one jaw of the vice move closer or further away from the other.
Hmmmm? I'd like to see Mr A submit his design to a TV programme like Mythbusters to actually build it and see if it works.

Ok, I have just opened the thread "From Arcimboldo to R. Cimboldo...".
Regarding the school subjects: Of course not languages, otherwise my English would be better :(
And the functional principle of the device: Well, a sophisticated kind of corkscrew. With a humanitarian mode (as depicted) and a CruxForums mode (with the spikes through the wrists or palms).
What!?.....So basically it 's a torture device? No wonder I was confused. I thought the young lady was testing a new vertical take off flying machine and was turning the propellor when she got all tangled in the rubber band. I think a notice on the device to the effect "Ye Olde Medieval Arcimboldean Torture Machine" would help avoid any future confusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Destruction by R.Cimboldo (Hosted externally)
XUUGZJh.jpg
great artist!

How about this pic I posted back in 2011. I think it was custom made for "Rory" but it isn't signed. Come on @Arcimboldo do tell us the story behind this pic
View attachment 1065682

I can't remember if this was a sketch, a precursor of the final version and to whom I sent it.
In 2001 the host of one of my former Algolagnia websites had a request regarding the main entrance logo of his BDSM site.
He was looking for an image representing the diverse sexual dispositions within the BDSM community (male dom, fem dom, male sub, fem sub).
And he wanted to relate these groups to physical elements.
I guess his idea was not influenced by Heraklit and the four substances fire, water, air and earth, but by Daoism and its five elements: wood, fire, earth, metal and water. That allowed to include a fifth disposition within BDSM: the switch.
I started with some single representatives, but the final composition ended in a surrealistic scenery called "Hourglass".
By the way, you can't find any person related to the switch there - it's just the desert sand in that "universe" of BDSM.
If you are still missing my signature on that final picture - well, it's rather modest, but Melissa often has proved her sharp-sightedness...

1632669444710.png 1632669488199.png 1632669515513.png 1632669563466.png

Yes folks there is going to be a new and exciting Arcimboldo archive with contributions from his contempories and possibly original text and maybe one or two pics you haven't seen before. But first a little bit of history about the origins of this site. A few years ago I asked some long standing members what they could remember.

Wragg
Hi everyone.
Melissa was asking me in another pm for memories of Yahoo Crux, and how Crux
Forums got started.
It was a long time ago, I think I joined in 2002, having linked there from Oliver Hufkens
'crucified-women.com', which was the site one tended to land on when searching for
'crucified women', on my 'Lycos' search engine. I had a dial-up connection, pretty slow,
and it was awkward finding time when the Mrs wasn't about, but I managed to get on
fairly often.
Im ashamed to say that I was silent, or almost so, but I was trying to remember who the
big names were. I think the main Moderator was Master of Nails, still on Crux
foundation. Taryn had recently died in the Twin Towers, and that was still a terribly raw
wound, I remember Inge Tarant (also as 'Cobra', I think), De Mullotto, but I'm pretty
sure that Jedakk and Phlebas were there, too hence my including them in this convo.
Apostate, Arcimboldo, Maha Shiva, FF, Le Chat, Aedilis, Oberon, there must have been
others. I was trying to remember if Rotrex was about in those days?
Jedakk produced incredible images, when you consider the technology of the day:

execution14.jpg

I can't remember whether Helmut posted on Yahoo Crux, I think he probably did, didn't
you, Helmut?
So Yahoo Crux was our main meeting place, but I think there were other Yahoo Groups
as well, there was a separate 'Crucified Women' group, and a BDSM group, and I seem to
remember that there may have been a 'When in Rome' .
It must have kept going till about 2005, which seems to be the start of activity here and
on the Foundation.
I think Yahoo began to shut down the groups gradually, I recall aggrieved messages
about censorship, but the writing was on the wall
MoN set up the foundation separately.
Crux Forums, started by IM, attempted to reproduce the old Yahoo groups, so you still
see the old Yahoo groups reflected in the Forum names, but Helmut, Apostate, Admi,
and Inge Tarant were founder members in April 2005, and I joined in November 2005,
as plain 'Wragg'*, having initially followed MoN onto the Foundation.
But I was really just an onlooker, others must have better memories than me?

*Wragg later joined as Wragg134 but reverted to Wragg.
I believe that I still have a link to the full set of Arcimboldo images that I got from a friend who is very well versed in Crux. Those images really caught my attention when I saw one or two of them posted occasionally - very erotic and imaginative in rendering.

Back
Top Bottom