The New Arcimboldo Archive

Go to CruxDreams.com
1.Think of an anagram of Arcimboldo
2.Make a pic that could possibly pass for an undiscovered Arcimboldo and put your anagram on it.
3.Include as many fetishes of Arcimboldo that you can think of'
Anagram by @montycrusto , emulation by me.
Arcimboldo Emulation 1x Rob MacDoil 2021.jpg
arcimboldo_emulation_1_rob_macdoil_2021_by_delrae4303_dec9nwo-fullview.jpg

(Image hosted on external site)​

Last edited by a moderator:
Arcimboldo, much of your work was too strong meat for my vanilla tastes.

But not all of it. Xena before she turned away from evil torturing the crucified patrician girl is one of my favorites. :eeek::babeando:

053FD654-D9B9-47F6-AF71-F4163809C0D6.jpeg

Then there’s the evocative FUGITIVA :eeek: :babeando:

A1D09741-EFD1-4B96-9A39-814FC691C231.jpeg

and its counterpart FUGITIVVS

D396271F-F928-4DE4-B625-CB030ABD6996.jpeg

the rare slave who escaped with the intent of being caught. :risas3:

I sincerely hope you see your way to producing more images along these lines. ;)

Yes folks there is going to be a new and exciting Arcimboldo archive with contributions from his contempories and possibly original text and maybe one or two pics you haven't seen before. But first a little bit of history about the origins of this site. A few years ago I asked some long standing members what they could remember.

Wragg
Hi everyone.
Melissa was asking me in another pm for memories of Yahoo Crux, and how Crux
Forums got started.
It was a long time ago, I think I joined in 2002, having linked there from Oliver Hufkens
'crucified-women.com', which was the site one tended to land on when searching for
'crucified women', on my 'Lycos' search engine. I had a dial-up connection, pretty slow,
and it was awkward finding time when the Mrs wasn't about, but I managed to get on
fairly often.
Im ashamed to say that I was silent, or almost so, but I was trying to remember who the
big names were. I think the main Moderator was Master of Nails, still on Crux
foundation. Taryn had recently died in the Twin Towers, and that was still a terribly raw
wound, I remember Inge Tarant (also as 'Cobra', I think), De Mullotto, but I'm pretty
sure that Jedakk and Phlebas were there, too hence my including them in this convo.
Apostate, Arcimboldo, Maha Shiva, FF, Le Chat, Aedilis, Oberon, there must have been
others. I was trying to remember if Rotrex was about in those days?
Jedakk produced incredible images, when you consider the technology of the day:

execution14.jpg

I can't remember whether Helmut posted on Yahoo Crux, I think he probably did, didn't
you, Helmut?
So Yahoo Crux was our main meeting place, but I think there were other Yahoo Groups
as well, there was a separate 'Crucified Women' group, and a BDSM group, and I seem to
remember that there may have been a 'When in Rome' .
It must have kept going till about 2005, which seems to be the start of activity here and
on the Foundation.
I think Yahoo began to shut down the groups gradually, I recall aggrieved messages
about censorship, but the writing was on the wall
MoN set up the foundation separately.
Crux Forums, started by IM, attempted to reproduce the old Yahoo groups, so you still
see the old Yahoo groups reflected in the Forum names, but Helmut, Apostate, Admi,
and Inge Tarant were founder members in April 2005, and I joined in November 2005,
as plain 'Wragg'*, having initially followed MoN onto the Foundation.
But I was really just an onlooker, others must have better memories than me?

*Wragg later joined as Wragg134 but reverted to Wragg.
I am anxiously trying to download this exciting depiction: alas, it only downloads in thumbnail size.

Nice one Bob! Clearly Alice has been imprisoned for painting her toe nails and rightly so! But what did the other girl do wrong!
How unfortunate for Alice to fall foul of the Toenail Embellishment Restrictions Act! I suspect that Alexandra is probably guilty by association. Both girls are Makar models, and I believe this is the first time they have appeared together. :D

Arcimboldo Emulation sources Femjoy Makar.jpg

Oh no!....there's "feathering" (clone marks) in the bottom right corner. Quick Bob fix it before Mr A. spots it. He can be fussy.
Thanks, Melissa. I never use the clone stamp, and I had applied four filter layers over my composition before I noticed the repetiton in the straw. I don't recall where I found this background, but it has obviously been prepared by pasting the same handful of straw repeatedly to conceal the original subject! :eek:

Here is the latest version, in high resolution. ;)

Arcimboldo Emulation 1 Rob MacDoil 2021.jpg

How unfortunate for Alice to fall foul of the Toenail Embellishment Restrictions Act! I suspect that Alexandra is probably guilty by association. Both girls are Makar models, and I believe this is the first time they have appeared together. :D

Thanks, Melissa. I never use the clone stamp, and I had applied four filter layers over my composition before I noticed the repetiton in the straw. I don't recall where I found this background, but it has obviously been prepared by pasting the same handful of straw repeatedly to conceal the original subject! :eek:

Now with even more beauticiousness :p

I don't think Mr A. could find fault now and I see that someone has sneaked some nail varnish remover into her cell. Perhaps she had it concealed when she was arrested!
PS Congrats to Monty for a great anagram.

But not all of it. Xena before she turned away from evil torturing the crucified patrician girl is one of my favorites. :eeek::babeando:

View attachment 956366
The underlying text of Pillage:

In the year 408... A Roman frontier town at the Hispanic border...

Do you remember I promised not to hand you over to my soldiers? I always keep my promises. So I have to do the job by myself... and be sure, I'll do it my own way...

The Vandal commander laughs and her beautiful eyes flash with cruel pleasure.

You are the last Roman aristocrat in this town and it's nice to watch you suffer an original Roman crucifixion. I remember so many of my people hanging this way on Roman crosses...

But her eyes seem to be filled with lust more than hatred. Once again the red hot tip of her spear touches the right thigh of the nude captive. Obviously the Roman woman isn't able to scream loudly any more. Her cracked voice hardly drowns the sizzling on her sweat-covered skin.

At the moment my soldiers are busy plundering your house and your neighbourhood. But if you should change your mind and decide to prefer their hands on your body instead of my spear, then please feel free to call for them. But do so loudly! And you shouldn't wait too long. When I'm through with you, they probably won't find much interest in your body any more...

I think, it's not all over yet. I like the anticipating look. They are lost in thought, dreaming of what might happen to them the next days (after the nail varnish removal) ;)
And these were mine in 2000, revised in 2002:

Straw

Listening to the footsteps beyond the bars, she tried to keep calm and not to panic. The steps were coming nearer and nearer. It was just half an hour ago when the guards had left the dirty dungeon cell. She knew this time they would return not only to make some rough play with their captives... slap their faces... give them some whip lashes... enjoy their orifices... This time they would choose one of them to be brought to the Room of Terror...

Attachments

• 2000straw.jpg
    2000straw.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 1,087

Then there’s the evocative FUGITIVA :eeek: :babeando:

and its counterpart FUGITIVVS

the rare slave who escaped with the intent of being caught. :risas3:

I sincerely hope you see your way to producing more images along these lines. ;)

Thank you, Apostate!
Shiva will probably remember that in the beginning in the Crux Group I was mocked as a humanitarian.
It seems meanwhile I am affected by falling into bad company...

Thank you, Apostate!
Shiva will probably remember that in the beginning in the Crux Group I was mocked as a humanitarian.
It seems meanwhile I am affected by falling into bad company...
What!!.....only "bad"! I would hope that our members achieve worse than a "bad" rating.
The texts and high res. pics that you are posting are exactly what we are seeking for the new archive. Great.

I don't think Mr A. could find fault now and I see that someone has sneaked some nail varnish remover into her cell. Perhaps she had it concealed when she was arrested!
PS Congrats to Monty for a great anagram.
Thanks, Melissa - I decided the toenails were rather bright, so I tried to make them look more natural. ;)
I really love it/them!
I think, it's not all over yet. I like the anticipating look. They are lost in thought, dreaming of what might happen to them the next days (after the nail varnish removal) ;)
Thank you for your appreciation, Arcimboldo and for your remarkable contributions to this thread. I'm glad you like the sense of anticipation.
And of course, we know that following the nail varnish removal, Alice and Alexandra were both delivered into the capable hands of Cruxdreams... :D

Arcimboldo Emulation Alice and Alexandra.jpg

Back
Top Bottom