The Throwaway Girl - a new story by Jedakk

• Thread starter Deleted member jedakk
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
Chapter 32 is titled "Crucifixion, Tuesday Night Special Program." There's the electrical torture of Jeremy and a conversation between Ellie and Susan where Ellie learns that all her friends are going to be crucified, too. Meanwhile, Alice has another idea while having sex and has to get up and leave. Jake, her husband, says he's going to call Sherry to come over and finish. The reporter interviews Susan just after she's had her breasts whipped. While Jeremy's torture continues, Alice shows up at Judge Schaefer's house with her great idea.

The fictional Sherry that Alice and Jake talk about is based on a pretty redhead who hit on me about twenty-five years ago. No, I didn't take her up on it, but I never forgot it.

Chapter 32: Crucifixion, Tuesday Night Special Program​

“How does your cock feel now, Jeremy?!” Ellie taunted him after his screaming stopped and he hung groaning helplessly, eyes wide in terror following the searing, five-second electric shock they had just delivered to his penis. His head hung forward, body limp, shiny and dripping with sweat.

John the executioner was talking to the TV camera, “That was just a taste for Jeremy of what we could do to his penis! It will get a lot worse than that, believe me! I don’t want him to faint and escape his punishment, but he will a few times tonight. His penis is so sensitive we have to give him a little at a time, play with the intensity and duration.”

John demonstrated how he could force Jeremy to orgasm with just a small electric current through his penis, just a gentle buzz. The crowd watched, laughing as Jeremy’s cock swelled until it stood out straight and quivering. Then they laughed uproariously when one of the wranglers brought out a yardstick and used it to measure Jeremy’s bobbing erection.

“Seven and uh… three-eighths inches!” He shouted, and the crowd erupted.

Jeremy moaned when John turned up the intensity of the electric current just a little. His penis began to throb, lifting and dropping. Then Jeremy came, firing a glob of semen at least six feet before it arced down to land in the grass. He launched three more missiles of similar power but decreasing caliber before slowing to a final dangling stringy drip.

Ellie found herself fighting to get enough breath again. She forced out a sigh and steeled herself for the agonizing struggle to rise. She groaned as she pulled against her wrists and forced her feet down against the nails, screaming hoarsely as she struggled upward. Her head was swimming; she fought to stay conscious, knowing she’d have to start all over again if she failed.

“Another consideration is,” John was saying, “if you apply electricity to one spot too long, it begins to get numb. So you need to give it a minute or two to recover its full sensitivity. While we’re waiting, let’s give his balls some attention.”

“Oh no, oh no…” Jeremy babbled in terror, watching as John twisted one of the dials on his console and pressed a button. He screamed and writhed as a shock hit his left testicle, the pain radiating up into his abdomen. He tried to squeeze his thighs together, to clasp his balls between them to ease the buzzing, hammering pain. Doing so meant he had to twist the wounds in his feet around the square nails that impaled them. He abandoned that and simply hung there screaming helplessly, his body shuddering with agony.

Ellie held herself up on the nails in her feet, groaning. Susan screamed in agony on her left side, writhing in torment, long blonde ponytail whipping side-to-side. Ellie turned her head to look at her, watched as she stretched herself upward, straining to reach as high as she could while fighting to bear the pain in her feet.

Sweat glistened as it trickled down her naked body. Her perfect breasts with their pink nipples quivered with each gasping breath, jiggled every time her body jerked in response to some new agony.

“Susan…” Ellie said.

“Wh-what the hell… do you want?” Susan turned her pain-filled eyes toward her.

“I-I don’t hate you AAAAAHHHH!! Oh God oh God… Don’t hate you… J-Jeremy got us both… crucified. Th-that revolution bullshit…”

After a moment, Susan answered, “Yeah… Ohhhh! Shit! Yeah w-wish I’d never… seen him. N-now all the girls… going to be crucified too!”

Ellie stared at her. “All? They got… everybody?”

“All convicted MMMPH! Of treason. All sentenced to c-crucifixion.” Susan sank down to hang by her wrists. “Just like us…”

Ellie felt herself slipping lower too. Susan, Jeremy, and everyone else? All crucified? She imagined the friends, all the girls and men too she thought of as family, who were going to be nailed to crosses, suffer for days.

Susan was almost as much a victim of Jeremy’s as she was. Almost all of them were victims. They’d made bad decisions and been duped, too.

Susan would become the star of the show when they took a break with Jeremy. Susan would entertain the onlookers by having her breasts whipped tonight, but she knew her turn would come with the electricity. No one condemned to the cross escaped that.

Three days of this torture and we can die, Susan thought. At least he didn’t give us five days, like Ellie. Thank God for that!

“No! Please! AAHHHHHHHH!!” Jeremy screamed as the executioner gave him another powerful shock to his penis.

************************​

“Yes! Yes! Oh yes!” Alice shouted.

“Wow!” Her husband Jake said, startled. “Haven’t heard you say that in donkey’s years! So I was really great, huh?”

“Oh! Uh, Ohhh God, yes! Oh Jake, you were amazing!” Alice said, wriggling out from under him.

“Yeah, that’s me, the great lover.” He frowned. “Provider of inspiration. Master swordsman deluxe. Whatever it was you thought of, you better go write it down before you forget.”

“Oh Jake! I’m sorry!” Alice said, standing next to the bed naked, flushed and a little out of breath from their lovemaking. “I-I can’t get this off my mind! The client I had that they crucified…”

“Yeah, saw her on TV. Shame, she’s got a great ass! What a waste,” Jake said. “And those tits, more than a mouthful!”

“Hmmph! Jake Goodman, you are gonna go to hell!” Alice looked at him sternly. “You know I’ve been trying for days to get her taken down. I don’t even know if she can be saved now, but I have one more idea. Got to go!” She ran for the bathroom to clean up.

“Ok! I’ll just call Sherry to come over so I can finish!” He called out after her.

“Ok hun, whatever!” Alice said without thinking, then realized what he’d said. “No honey, don’t get up, I’ll call her and tell her I’m going out, you’ve still got a hard-on and the coast is clear!”

It was a running joke between them. There was no Sherry.

Joe the whipmaster completed his thirty-minute program with a stroke of the whip to Susan’s left nipple. She screamed, then sobbed in agony, her breasts covered in red and purple welts, some of them bleeding.

“So, folks, that completes Susan Logan’s breast whipping for tonight! An abbreviated program because we have to squeeze two executed criminals into a one-hour show. Well, Susan, how are you feeling?” He held the microphone up toward Susan.

“Eat s-shit! AAAHHHHHHH! OHHH!” Susan replied.

“I get that a lot! It’s been almost eight hours now since you were nailed to the cross. All things considered, do you think you’d choose to commit treason if you had it to do over again?”

“I-fuck you! I wish I could die right now and g-get it over with!”

“A lot of people say that after spending a few hours on the cross. They’re afraid to die, then the cross takes away their fear somehow. So I notice you’ve tried that sedile a few times now. Don’t you find it a bit hard on the old asshole and pussy?”

“Bastard! I’d like to jam it up your ass AAAAAAHHHHHH!! Oh God! And-and see how y-you feel NNNNNGGGG! A-about it!”

“Well, enjoyed our little talk, but I need to go over to where the second half of Jeremy Garrison’s torture is about to begin.” The cameraman followed as McDonald moved past Ellie’s cross to Jeremy.

“And folks, here’s Jeremy again. Jeremy had a split program tonight, two parts of fifteen minutes each. In this segment, John the executioner will use the wand exclusively to give Jeremy quick, high-intensity shocks wherever he chooses to touch his body. Jeremy will find this punishment agonizing. Let’s see what Jeremy thinks about it.” The reporter turned to Jeremy, who was staring at the executioner in wide-eyed panic.

“So, Jeremy! The executioner is about to begin the second half of your punishment! How do you feel about it?”

“I-I can’t! Please, c-cant you make it st-stop!”

“No, I’m afraid I can’t, Jeremy! Not up to me! Don’t you think you deserve this punishment?”

“W-what?! NO! Oh God no! I didn’t do anything to deserve th-this!”

“You son of a bitch!” Ellie screamed from her cross. “It’s-it’s because of you… I’m dying on this cross! You deserve worse!”

“There’s the opinion of one of your ex-fans, Jeremy!” McDonald said. “You know there are millions of people watching and wanting to see you receive justice. Don’t you feel sorry now you committed treason?”

“Oh God I-I yes I’m sorry I’m sorry please don’t hurt me anymore!”

“Well Jeremy, I’ve enjoyed our little talk, but it’s time now for John to administer the rest of your special punishment for tonight’s show. So I’m turning it over to him!”

“Thank you!” John said, acknowledging the applause from the crowd. “Now as you may already know, this wand is set to the maximum intensity, which means it will deliver a shock so painful I can only give Jeremy a brief touch here and there. Any more might send him into shock, and we don’t want that.

“Now, as you can see, we removed the wires that were attached to his cock and balls…” John used the tip of the wand to lift Jeremy’s testicles to show what he was talking about.

“OOWWWWWWWW!!” Jeremy screamed.

“Uh, Jeremy, the wand isn’t on yet!” John said. There was hysterical laughter from the crowd; all of them were fooled, too.

“Oh God oh God please don’t hurt meee!” Jeremy sobbed.

“Hmm… Well, the ground electrode for this is the steel wool tampon we inserted into Jeremy’s rectum. Let’s begin!”

There was applause and shouting from the crowd as John turned toward Jeremy, who had raised himself up high on his bloody feet as if he might escape the reach of the wand’s tip. John reached up and touched the wand to the tip of Jeremy’s penis.

“AHHHHHHHHHHH!! Oh God oh please stop stop ohhhh…” Jeremy screamed wildly in agony and slid down to hang by his wrists. There was no laughter, only a murmur from the crowd. No one doubted it had been agonizing.

The torture went on, with Jeremy fainting once when John touched the wand to one of his testicles. To the onlookers, it was over quickly, but to Jeremy it was quite a different matter.

When the program was over at nine o’clock, many in the crowd folded up their lawn chairs and blankets and left. Quite a few hit the concession stands, bought beer and pizza, burgers or hot dogs and settled themselves in to watch the three tortured, dying criminals continue to struggle on their crosses.

“Alice? How the hell did you get this number?”

“Uh, judge, I’d rather not say…”

“My secretary! I’m going to chew her shapely ass out!” The judge shouted angrily. He covered the phone. “Gina! Dammit, I told you never to give this number out to anybody! Now look, I’ve got crazy Alice calling me at home!”

“Huh?” Gina, who was indeed shapely, blonde and very naked, replied sleepily from the other side of the bed.

“Uh, judge, you have to cover the mouthpiece, not the earpiece if you don’t want someone to hear you.” Alice said.

“Huh? Oh…” the judge said, frowning at his phone.

“Look judge, please don’t blame Gina! I wouldn’t call you if it wasn’t life or death. You know that!”

“Dammit, this better be good. It’s almost fucking midnight, you know that?”

“Judge, I-I had another idea. This is going to work, or you can hold me in contempt and lock me up for thirty days. Please judge!”

“Oh, what the hell, I’m listening.”

When Alice explained her plan, the judge said, “Ok, yeah, I agree. Might have to ask forgiveness from somebody and smooth some ruffled feathers, but let’s do it. I guess you have the order for me to sign?”

“Of course!” Alice said.

“Ok,” the judge said, rubbing his eyes. “How long will it take you to get over here?”

“Uh, thirty seconds?”

“You’re fucking standing out front, aren’t you?”

“Yes.”

Gina, fully awake now, rolled over towards him, slipped a hand between his legs and caressed his penis.

“Mmph!” The judge choked out, “Gina! Not now, something I have to take care of first!”

Gina smiled, slipped out of bed and walked toward the bathroom, still totally naked. He swiveled his neck around, his eyes following the somewhat exaggerated wiggle of her wonderful bare ass as she walked away. He sighed, enjoying the moment of bliss she gave him.

She knows exactly what she’s doing to me. He thought. He felt his tingling penis continue to swell, looked down at it.

“At ease, little guy! Just have to wait!” He sighed regretfully, then realized too late Alice was still on the line. “Ohh! I, uh…”

“Don’t need to know, judge!” Alice said, unable to completely stifle a giggle.

“Let me get some clothes on, counselor,” the judge sighed. “No idea where the hell my robe is. Have to find something else…”

The judge hung up and sat naked on the side of his bed. Now he had a raging erection, couldn’t go down and see Alice like this. He could just try thinking about baseball, but he had something else to do anyway.

He speed-dialed the US Marshals Service, told them who he was and that there would be a court order coming in by fax in a few minutes, to be executed forthwith.

“I’m calling you as a heads-up it’s coming and to tell you what it is. There is a prisoner currently crucified in Jones Park. I am ordering she be taken down and transported for medical treatment.”

“Let me get this straight, judge. She’s actually nailed to a cross right now? She’s not still awaiting execution?” The marshal asked.

“Correct,” the judge said. “She’s been crucified since last Saturday, so about three and a half days. I don’t know if she can be saved at this point. Most of the condemned we crucify are already dead by this time.”

“We’ll do our part to see she has a chance.”

“I know you will,” the judge sighed. “Well, obviously, this is a life-and-death situation. You can’t just use a crowbar to pry the nails out and you can’t use any of the union contractors who deal with crucifixions to get her down, already tried that. Fucking unions! I think this is a job for the local fire department rescue unit,”

“First thing I thought of,” the marshal said. “I’ll start coordinating with them immediately, before the fax comes in.”

“Thanks,” the judge said. “Keep me in the loop on this, will you? Don’t worry about the time.”

The judge hung up, checked to see that his erection had deflated, threw on a pair of sweatpants and a T-shirt and padded downstairs barefoot to open the front door.

Yes, it's like that all over the world, ponderous, mostly useless bureaucracy that drives us all crazy a one time or another. And then there are the labor unions and their rules. I just took that and applied it to this crucifixion scenario, so now we have an Execution Services Department, a crucifixion inspector, the custody form that each contractor has to sign when they turn Ellie over to the next one, etc. It's the way things are often done.

And the reporter, well I have to admit that's been done to death in movies and TV, but watching them on TV I keep getting reminded how ignorant a lot of them are. And automatically asking someone how they're feeling today, even though they are hanging on a cross! I loved being able to write that reporter's character, it was a lot of fun to imagine.

And the story is now 80,942 words. I always make a few changes just before I post these chapters, so it could still grow a little.
I love your sick fantasy! My translation is finished, I won't change it ...

Wow, you've got us thoroughly confused now!

The sniper shoots a fire officer, McDonald gets electrocuted in the confusion, touches the hot-dog stall which explodes killing everyone within 100 meters?

I'll give you a pdf with changes highlighted after I post the ending tomorrow.
I've been following this for a while now... Would be a nifty ending if Ellie does get rescued from the cross and gets nursed back to health because the judge and her lawyer doe see their verdict was to severe (especially with that sniper being around, threatening to kill her off just before she finally gets rescued)... Only so she can suffer the sentence that should have been passed originally: crucifixion with a class 2 gender specific sedile and a minimum of three days on the cross before being allowed to die... :) But I'm guessing if that were the case, the ending wouldn't be posted for another week or so, as their would be lots more to tell :) But this story has given me a lot of inspiration, so thanks a lot for writing and posting this! Very well done!!!

Would be a nifty ending if Ellie does get rescued from the cross and gets nursed back to health because the judge and her lawyer doe see their verdict was to severe (especially with that sniper being around, threatening to kill her off just before she finally gets rescued)... Only so she can suffer the sentence that should have been passed originally: crucifixion with a class 2 gender specific sedile and a minimum of three days on the cross before being allowed to die...
Interesting idea. If the sniper doesn't get her, then she could still be retried. But would the charge be treason or some lesser charge? Have to wait till tomorrow for the stunning conclusion!

But I'm guessing if that were the case, the ending wouldn't be posted for another week or so, as their would be lots more to tell
Unless it was condensed, and the details of her final crucifixion were glossed over. I guess people wouldn't be altogether happy with that, either!

I think most people will be happy with the ending, but I could be wrong. Some people don't want to say goodbye to emerald-eyed redhead Ellie, some want to see her take a sniper's bullet through her right atrium, some want to see her suffer that last day and a half she's got left and then slowly asphyxiate over the two days after that. Not all of those things can happen, unfortunately.

I wrestled with this for some time before I wrote several possible outcomes on post-it notes, stuck them on the wall, blindfolded myself and threw a half-dozen darts in their general direction. I missed the whole wall with the first set. The third time I tried it I got real close to one of them, and decided the hell with it, that's the way the story ends. So that's what you're gonna get!

And I hope my wife doesn't notice the dart holes in the walls, floor and ceiling of my office before I get them spackled up.

most of whom it seems were pretty young women
N-now all the girls… going to be crucified too!
Wonderful news!:devil2:
The fictional Sherry that Alice and Jake talk about is based on a pretty redhead who hit on me about twenty-five years ago
It would be interesting to see who is Sherry
“Judge, I-I had another idea. This is going to work, or you can hold me in contempt and lock me up for thirty days. Please judge!”
Alice should be punish too
some want to see her suffer that last day and a half she's got left and then slowly asphyxiate over the two days after that
That's me:hello:

Well, here we are at the end of the story. What will happen to Ellie? I’ve been skirting around that question for some time now. If you’re still reading, you’re about to find out. Chapter 33 is titled “Crucifixion’s End,” and one way or another, it will be the end of Ellie’s time on the cross. A sniper is about to shoot her and end her suffering, but there may be a rescue attempt coming IF the US Marshal was successful in enlisting the Fire and Rescue people despite the labor unions and the bureaucracy, and IF they can get there in time.

Read on and see.

Chapter 33: Crucifixion’s End​

The sniper was carefully lining up his shot. He had waited since before sundown for his chance to come, the time when the people and vehicles would have cleared out from behind the crosses. There were still a few die-hard sadists in lawn chairs, drinking beer and watching the three suffering on their crosses, but they were all in front of the crosses and slightly downhill, no danger there. He’d be firing well above their heads.

He paid no attention to the far-off sirens as he checked the distance one more time, checked the flutter of plastic ribbons he had tied here and there while scouting his shot to use for estimating wind. He checked the setting on his scope, settled down in his firing pose and centered the crosshairs on Ellie’s chest. She had lifted herself up, was shifting from foot to foot, trying to bear the agony a little longer.

She could drop down anytime. He couldn’t take a chance on the shot until she was again hanging quietly by her wrists. At least he didn’t need the ghillie suit in the dark. He had shed it shortly after sundown and packed it away. Now he wore only his night camo summer BDU.

My little sister Ellie, he thought. I used to protect you, get you out of trouble. But it wasn’t like this Ellie! Shit! It wasn’t like this. He choked back a sob. That never happened to him. Got to get control of myself, can’t afford to do that.

He took his eye away from the scope. He could see when she lowered herself without the scope. He had avoided looking at Ellie naked and crucified all these hours. He didn’t have any problem watching the blonde, even though her tits were all beat up now. He’d gotten an erection when he first saw her, so hard it was almost painful. That was ok, but he didn’t want to have those same stirrings when he was looking at his little sister naked.

In a couple of minutes Ellie began to slip downward. The sniper watched her until he was sure she was hanging by her wrists before he put his eye to the scope again. Her chin was resting on her chest.

She might have fainted, he thought. All the better, never know what hit her. Goodbye, Ellie! I’m so sorry your life ended this way…

The sirens were louder, coming down the highway. He still didn’t pay any attention.

He lined up the crosshairs on the space between her breasts, moved his finger inside the trigger guard, poised to squeeze the trigger. He took a breath, relaxed, opened his mouth slightly and let his jaw go slack so he wouldn’t clench his teeth, felt the rhythm of his heartbeats, began counting them, felt like they were a little faster than usual.

Feel the heartbeats, count them, squeeze the trigger between the fifth and sixth heartbeats from… now. One, two, three, four…

What the hell?
He paused, finger above the trigger when he heard the sirens change and realized they had entered the park. He closed his mouth and started breathing again. From his vantage point he could see the red flashing lights before they became visible to the guards near the crosses. Two cars, and, what is that? An ambulance? And another, larger truck? What the hell?

The sirens out on the highway hadn’t even registered on the guards at the place of execution. Sirens were so commonplace no one even wondered what they might be. A fire someplace, an ambulance.

It was only when it sounded like they had turned in at the south gate of Jones Park they began to take notice. It was a little after midnight, no one in the park except the few there at the crucifixion site. The guards and EMT looked at each other, hands on their hips, puzzled.

“What the hell?” The EMT asked no one in particular. “They must be coming here, but why?”

The other guards shrugged, looked in the direction of the park entrance.

The sirens and red flashing lights got closer until they were on the park road that ran about a hundred yards behind the crosses, then they turned and drove across the grass, right up to the roped-off area. It was not only the cars marked Police and US Marshals Service, but an ambulance and a fire department heavy rescue truck.

The guards stood with their arms crossed, watching as people of all kinds, law enforcement, firemen, medical, all got out, lifted the rope and walked under.

“Good evening,” a US marshal said. “Or good morning, now, I guess.”

“Good morning to you,” one of the guards said. “Uh, can I help you?”

“I hope so. I have an order from a federal Judge to remove the executed prisoner Ellie Ruck from a cross here and transport her to a hospital for medical treatment. I know this is unusual, but those are my orders.”

“No shit?” The guard gaped. “She got a reprieve? After three-plus days on the cross? That’s gotta be a first!”

“No shit! Yeah, probably is a first!” The marshal said, shaking his head.

“Well, uh, let me look at your court order, make sure that’s what it says and so we give you the right prisoner.”

“No problem!” The marshal said, handing him the document. “That’s your copy. You need to keep that in your records.”

“Right, ok, Ellie Ruck… looks like it’s clear. That’s her in the middle. You’ve got an order to take her and I’m certainly not going to stand in your way. The only thing I ask is you sign the custody form, relieving us of responsibility for her.”

“Sure, I got no problem with that,” the marshal said.

The guard handed him a clipboard, the marshal checked the prisoner’s name on it, signed the form, tore off the back copy and handed it back to the guard.

“She’s all yours,” the guard said. “Papers are in order. You should probably take a copy of our EMT’s log so you know what drugs she’s on.”

“Yeah, makes sense to me. Hey Doc!” He called the ER doctor who had accompanied them over. “You want to get a copy of the EMT’s logs for your records?”

“Absolutely!” The doctor said, “I need to see it right now, before we do anything.”

“We’re going to get out of your way, then,” the guard said. “Only thing I ask is you be careful not to disturb those two on either side of Ms. Ruck. They still have about two and a half days left before we let them go and it’s our job to see they receive full justice according to their sentence.”

“What do you mean, let them go?”

“Oh, just means we don’t support them with IV nutrients any longer. We allow them to die. That might take another day or so, very slow and painful.”

“Shit, this is a tough way to go!”

“Yeah, it’s supposed to be!” The guard shrugged. “It’s a death sentence, but dying is the easy part.”

“Ok, guys, let’s move in and get started!” The marshal said.

“Going to be a challenge to bring her down from those military-grade stimulants she’s on,” the doctor shook his head. “We really need to put her under long enough to get her down from the cross. Otherwise, the pain from taking her down could send her into shock. I had the EMT stop all her IV drugs but keep running the saline. I need that so I can push the anesthesia into her PICC line. She had a dose of stim about four hours ago, it’s got a twelve-hour half-life, so she’s riding high, not even to the middle of a cycle of it.”

“Doc, I get the idea, but I don’t know how I’m supposed to act on it. My job is to see she’s rescued and get her transported to the hospital. I hope we can make the rescue as painless for her as possible, but my main goal is to get her off the cross and into an ambulance ASAP.”

“Right. I’m going to give her something. Not sure how much effect it’s going to have with her full of stimulant.”

The firemen took down the rope along the back of the execution site and backed the rescue truck in behind the crosses. They brought it up to within about six feet of the back of Ellie’s cross, raised the rescue crane mounted on the back and brought it over the top of her cross.

They lowered the crane’s cable while firemen standing on step ladders on either side of Ellie ran a padded rescue strop, commonly known as a horse collar, behind her back and under her arms and connected it up. Another fireman had already removed her sedile.

“Whew! Boy does she stink!” One of the firemen said. “Gonna need a good bath at the hospital.”

“I’m s-sorry, sir,” Ellie said.

“No, babe, don’t worry, it’s not your fault!” The fireman said, not realizing she would be aware of him talking.

“A-are you real? I can’t… can’t always tell.”

“Yes! I can’t say for sure about the others you might be seeing, but I’m real.” The fireman said.

“Just… my mom, standing next to you…”

“I can’t see her, but that doesn’t mean she’s not real for you. Talk to her if it makes you feel better.”

“Ok… thank you!”

They drew the cable up just then, lifting Ellie’s weight off the nails.

“AAHHHHH! OHHH! Shit!” Ellie groaned as the movement shifted the nails in her wounds. Ellie looked around, dazed, unable to process what they were doing to her. “What-what… please don’t hurt me any more!”

“Relax,” the fireman said to her, “we’re going to get you down off this cross.”

“Take me down?” Ellie frowned. “Am I dead?”

“No, babe, you’re still alive.”

“You can’t! You can’t burn me yet! I-I’m not dead!”

“Oh, no, we’re not going to cremate you. You’re going to a hospital. I know this hurts. We’re doing all we can to make it easy.”

“I don’t… have to die?”

“We’re going to do our best to save you. Our best is really, really good, but you have to be tough, now, ok?”

“Oh… ok.” Ellie replied. “I think I’m pretty tough... that’s what my mom just told me.”

“I’m going to give her a sedative through her PICC line,” the doctor said, “so she’ll go under almost immediately. You’ll have about fifteen minutes before she comes out of it. I don’t dare give her more right now.”

“Ok, wait then, and let me tell you when,” the fireman said. “We need to get our tools ready and make sure we have our plan together.”

The firemen looked at how to release her wrists and feet from the cross as quickly as possible but without doing more damage. The spikes had been driven down so close and her wrists and feet had swollen around them so that there was no space left for tools to extract them.

After some discussion, they had it worked out.

With the firemen in place and poised to begin, the doctor pressed the plunger down on the syringe. Ellie’s head lolled forward within seconds. When the doctor was sure she was out, he disconnected the PICC line and taped it down to her leg, out of the way.

The firemen used a reciprocating saw to cut a pair of six-inch wide notches about a third of the way into the cross above and below Ellie’s feet. Then they carefully cut and split out most of the remaining wood between the notches until enough of the nails’ shanks were exposed so they could use a metal-cutting blade to saw them off and release them from the wood. If Ellie had been conscious, the pain of the vibration of the nails in her wounds would have been excruciating. They carefully wrapped and stabilized Ellie’s feet, keeping the nails in place for a surgeon to remove in the hospital operating room.

A similar procedure with Ellie’s wrists was going on at the same time, complicated by having to work on ladders to reach the ten-foot-high crosspiece. When they were done, Ellie was hanging in the rescue strop, iron spikes still protruding from her heavily wrapped wrists and feet. They carefully lowered her limp body onto the waiting ambulance gurney. The ambulance left with sirens and flashing lights.

“Take me next!” Jeremy begged. He had pulled himself up and was struggling to bear the pain of the nails in his feet, his face a mask of agony.

“No, no, take me, oh God…” Susan said, hanging by her wrists, a look of desperation on her face.

The US marshal looked at them, hands on his hips. “I don’t know what made you sorry fucks think you were gonna get a reprieve. Both of you bastards are going to hang there until you’re dead, however long it might take.”

The two of them stared in horror from their crosses.

“Why did you t-take her and not m-ME?!” Jeremy whined, gasping for breath.

“Because that’s what the judge ordered!” The marshal said. “Matter of fact, I happen to know about the deal he’s making with the union. They’re going to be upset when they find out about this, because the service order for Ellie Ruck’s crucifixion was for five days. Per the contract, an extra premium kicks in for keeping her alive past three days. Since she got taken from their custody earlier than planned, their contractors were going to forfeit the premium they were due.

“So the deal he’s giving them,” the marshal continued, “is since they lost two days of her time, he’ll just extend the sentence of someone else by two days. And to sweeten the deal, he’ll double it, give them an extra two days on two condemned prisoners. That would be Jeremy Garrison and Susan Logan, specifically. I think he felt like he was too lenient on you two anyway. So now you get what you deserve and everybody’s happy, right?”

And with that, the marshal turned and headed for his car.

“No! Oh no! Wait, don’t leave me nailed to this cross! Please, your pistol, shoot me! Please, please kill me!” Jeremy shouted after him in despair.

The fire trucks and police were already leaving. The guards put the rope back up along the back of the crucifixion site and in a moment the EMT came around with his bucket and sponge to offer Jeremy and Susan a drink as if nothing had changed.

The sniper crawled backward away from the cliff’s edge, turned around, slipped on his night-vision goggles and crawled through the yaupon thicket to where it thinned out under the tree cover before standing up. He quickly broke down his rifle and carefully packed it into its backpack, changed into jeans and a Texas A&M T-shirt, picked up the bag with his ghillie suit and hefted one over each shoulder. He carefully made his way down the rocky hillside, hiked about a mile to the theater parking lot where his rental car was parked and vanished.

Chapter 34, the final chapter, is titled "Aftermath." Ellie has been taken down after three and a half days nailed to the cross. Will she survive, or has her body been tortured to the point that it can't recover? If she does survive, what is next? She's still under a death sentence; will they crucify her again? These and other questions will be answered.

Chapter 34: Aftermath​

Ellie returned to consciousness before the ambulance reached the hospital. She groaned when she felt the spikes still in her wrists and feet, and realized she was immobilized, strapped into a gurney. Being immobilized was nothing new for her anymore.

“Wh-what… where am I?” She croaked. Her throat was dry as powder.

“You’re in an ambulance.” The doctor said. “We’re taking you to a hospital. Just relax as much as you can; I know it hurts.”

Ellie felt like her body was melting into the cushion of the gurney. Her muscles had been stretched and at the edge of exhaustion for so long she had forgotten what it was like to actually rest without having to pay a price in pain for the chance.

An EMT was connecting a bag of liquid to her PICC line. Another had put a blood pressure cuff on her left arm and a pulse oximeter clip on a finger. The doctor had been listening to her heart and breathing sounds when she woke up.

“You want some water?” The doctor asked.

“Yes, sir” Ellie said, “Please, can I have some?”

“Here you go,” the doctor said, putting the end of a straw in her mouth and letting her suck.

“Thank you,” Ellie said in a moment. “God, that’s so good… cold water… I-I didn’t think I’d ever taste it a-again…”

Ellie looked beyond the doctor to where her mom stood smiling. “Mom! Thanks… for staying with me! I love you and I-I miss you so much.”

“Still hallucinating,” the doctor said to the EMTs. “That’ll go away after she gets some rest and gets some of the drugs out of her system.”

He turned back to Ellie and said, “We’ll be taking X-rays of your wrists and feet when we get to the ER. Orthopedics and Neurology will look at those. A gynecologist, urologist and proctologist will also examine you to see what kind of damage you have between your legs. As soon as we get enough of the stimulants out of your system, we’re going to operate and remove those nails. We’ll make you as comfortable as we can, but it’s not going to be easy.”

“Better than hanging on a cross waiting to die.” She shrugged. “And hoping it comes soon…”

“Yeah, I’m sure it is.”

Ellie spent another day with the nails in her wrists and feet, barely able to move before the stimulants and other drugs in her system cleared out enough that the doctors felt she could be safely anesthetized for surgery. In addition to removing the nails, there were torn ligaments to be repaired where the nails had wedged the small bones in the base of her hands apart, and similar damage in her feet where metatarsal bones had been forced out of joint. There was also damage to her vagina, anus, rectum and urethra that needed repair, and extensive severe bruising all between her legs.

When the surgery was done, they put her into a medically induced coma for three weeks due to the severe pain from her injuries and the need to keep her immobile. She spent weeks in a wheelchair afterward, recovering and in rehab, but after six months or so she was able to walk with only a twinge in her feet from time to time. The pointer finger of her left hand never recovered and remained both paralyzed and numb. There were scars on her wrists and feet, but her back, buttocks and breasts healed remarkably well although she always tried to avoid tanning afterward, since that emphasized the tiny scars.

Ellie considered herself lucky indeed to have healed as well as she did physically. But the PTSD nightmares and flashbacks were going to take years to manage.

Her original conviction on the treason charge was vacated. She was retried on the lesser charge of aiding and abetting treason and was found guilty, which was punishable by five years in prison. In lieu of prison, she was credited with the time spent on the cross and released.

With Alice’s help, Ellie got a book deal from which she made enough money that she never needed to work again, and the film rights for the movie, when it came out, made her much more than that.

Jeremy and Susan both suffered for five days on the cross before their nutrients were stopped on Sunday, May 11. Jeremy’s final punishment was having his scrotum tightly wrapped with wet rawhide that slowly crushed his testicles as it dried and shrank. He lost consciousness about midnight and expired about two a.m. Monday morning.

Susan lived on in agony, begging for death until she exhausted the last of her strength and drew her last breath. She died very slowly, losing consciousness about five p.m. and dying on Monday night around nine p.m.

Their bodies were removed on Tuesday night, cremated, and the ashes flushed down a toilet. The eight bloody nails used to crucify them were retrieved and sold for several thousand dollars each to people who collected such memorabilia.

Their two bloodstained crosses were re-used several times to execute the remainder of Jeremy’s quite large rebel group at the rate of two every two weeks, one male and one female.

Each of them had gone through sentence negotiation immediately following their trials with everything decided except their execution date, which was to be through random selection by drawing lots. Their sediles had already been made and shelved awaiting their execution, none less than a Class 2, about half a Class 3 Gender Specific. Several were sentenced to an “X” cross rather than a standard “T”, and those were already made and stored with the prisoners’ numbers on them. Each prisoner already bore the tattoos on their wrists and feet where their nails would go.

On Wednesday morning of the week of an execution, all the remaining female condemned were assembled in the common area inside the Beaumont Federal Prison. While the other prisoners watched from their cells, shouted, cheered or hurled insults, and millions of others watched on television, they were each made to draw a marble from an urn. All the marbles were white except for a single black one, the one which meant death.

The women who drew a white marble often collapsed in tears, thankful it wasn’t them, not this time at least.

The woman who drew the black marble was immediately taken away, sobbing and terrified, to begin processing for her execution on Saturday.

As soon as the black marble was drawn, the rest went back to their cells with the ache of anxiety they’d suffered for days relieved temporarily. They had at least two more weeks of life but the odds were greater they’d be the one picked to suffer agonizing death the next time.

After a few weeks of that, the condemned realized that the uncertainty, always counting the days left until the next life-or-death drawing, was a form of torture too.

The men underwent a similar procedure immediately afterward.

There were ten more females than males, so when the males ran out, they continued to crucify one woman every two weeks until the last one was gone. This was the most profitable way for the Federal Government, as a naked woman struggling on a cross always drew bigger crowds and more television viewers than did a naked man.

Judge Schaefer continued to be referred to as the “Nailing Judge.”

Chapter 34, the final chapter, is titled "Aftermath." Ellie has been taken down after three and a half days nailed to the cross. Will she survive, or has her body been tortured to the point that it can't recover? If she does survive, what is next? She's still under a death sentence; will they crucify her again? These and other questions will be answered.

Chapter 34: Aftermath​

Ellie returned to consciousness before the ambulance reached the hospital. She groaned when she felt the spikes still in her wrists and feet, and realized she was immobilized, strapped into a gurney. Being immobilized was nothing new for her anymore.

“Wh-what… where am I?” She croaked. Her throat was dry as powder.

“You’re in an ambulance.” The doctor said. “We’re taking you to a hospital. Just relax as much as you can; I know it hurts.”

Ellie felt like her body was melting into the cushion of the gurney. Her muscles had been stretched and at the edge of exhaustion for so long she had forgotten what it was like to actually rest without having to pay a price in pain for the chance.

An EMT was connecting a bag of liquid to her PICC line. Another had put a blood pressure cuff on her left arm and a pulse oximeter clip on a finger. The doctor had been listening to her heart and breathing sounds when she woke up.

“You want some water?” The doctor asked.

“Yes, sir” Ellie said, “Please, can I have some?”

“Here you go,” the doctor said, putting the end of a straw in her mouth and letting her suck.

“Thank you,” Ellie said in a moment. “God, that’s so good… cold water… I-I didn’t think I’d ever taste it a-again…”

Ellie looked beyond the doctor to where her mom stood smiling. “Mom! Thanks… for staying with me! I love you and I-I miss you so much.”

“Still hallucinating,” the doctor said to the EMTs. “That’ll go away after she gets some rest and gets some of the drugs out of her system.”

He turned back to Ellie and said, “We’ll be taking X-rays of your wrists and feet when we get to the ER. Orthopedics and Neurology will look at those. A gynecologist, urologist and proctologist will also examine you to see what kind of damage you have between your legs. As soon as we get enough of the stimulants out of your system, we’re going to operate and remove those nails. We’ll make you as comfortable as we can, but it’s not going to be easy.”

“Better than hanging on a cross waiting to die.” She shrugged. “And hoping it comes soon…”

“Yeah, I’m sure it is.”

Ellie spent another day with the nails in her wrists and feet, barely able to move before the stimulants and other drugs in her system cleared out enough that the doctors felt she could be safely anesthetized for surgery. In addition to removing the nails, there were torn ligaments to be repaired where the nails had wedged the small bones in the base of her hands apart, and similar damage in her feet where metatarsal bones had been forced out of joint. There was also damage to her vagina, anus, rectum and urethra that needed repair, and extensive severe bruising all between her legs.

When the surgery was done, they put her into a medically induced coma for three weeks due to the severe pain from her injuries and the need to keep her immobile. She spent weeks in a wheelchair afterward, recovering and in rehab, but after six months or so she was able to walk with only a twinge in her feet from time to time. The pointer finger of her left hand never recovered and remained both paralyzed and numb. There were scars on her wrists and feet, but her back, buttocks and breasts healed remarkably well although she always tried to avoid tanning afterward, since that emphasized the tiny scars.

Ellie considered herself lucky indeed to have healed as well as she did physically. But the PTSD nightmares and flashbacks were going to take years to manage.

Her original conviction on the treason charge was vacated. She was retried on the lesser charge of aiding and abetting treason and was found guilty, which was punishable by five years in prison. In lieu of prison, she was credited with the time spent on the cross and released.

With Alice’s help, Ellie got a book deal from which she made enough money that she never needed to work again, and the film rights for the movie, when it came out, made her much more than that.

Jeremy and Susan both suffered for five days on the cross before their nutrients were stopped on Sunday, May 11. Jeremy’s final punishment was having his scrotum tightly wrapped with wet rawhide that slowly crushed his testicles as it dried and shrank. He lost consciousness about midnight and expired about two a.m. Monday morning.

Susan lived on in agony, begging for death until she exhausted the last of her strength and drew her last breath. She died very slowly, losing consciousness about five p.m. and dying on Monday night around nine p.m.

Their bodies were removed on Tuesday night, cremated, and the ashes flushed down a toilet. The eight bloody nails used to crucify them were retrieved and sold for several thousand dollars each to people who collected such memorabilia.

Their two bloodstained crosses were re-used several times to execute the remainder of Jeremy’s quite large rebel group at the rate of two every two weeks, one male and one female.

Each of them had gone through sentence negotiation immediately following their trials with everything decided except their execution date, which was to be through random selection by drawing lots. Their sediles had already been made and shelved awaiting their execution, none less than a Class 2, about half a Class 3 Gender Specific. Several were sentenced to an “X” cross rather than a standard “T”, and those were already made and stored with the prisoners’ numbers on them. Each prisoner already bore the tattoos on their wrists and feet where their nails would go.

On Wednesday morning of the week of an execution, all the remaining female condemned were assembled in the common area inside the Beaumont Federal Prison. While the other prisoners watched from their cells, shouted, cheered or hurled insults, and millions of others watched on television, they were each made to draw a marble from an urn. All the marbles were white except for a single black one, the one which meant death.

The women who drew a white marble often collapsed in tears, thankful it wasn’t them, not this time at least.

The woman who drew the black marble was immediately taken away, sobbing and terrified, to begin processing for her execution on Saturday.

As soon as the black marble was drawn, the rest went back to their cells with the ache of anxiety they’d suffered for days relieved temporarily. They had at least two more weeks of life but the odds were greater they’d be the one picked to suffer agonizing death the next time.

After a few weeks of that, the condemned realized that the uncertainty, always counting the days left until the next life-or-death drawing, was a form of torture too.

The men underwent a similar procedure immediately afterward.

There were ten more females than males, so when the males ran out, they continued to crucify one woman every two weeks until the last one was gone. This was the most profitable way for the Federal Government, as a naked woman struggling on a cross always drew bigger crowds and more television viewers than did a naked man.

Judge Schaefer continued to be referred to as the “Nailing Judge.”
Incredible achievement jedakk! :ARMS1:
thrilling and unexpected ending.
Highly inspiring and entertaining!

Great ending, glad it was nothing like my spoof attempt!
I loved the way you described all the technical details up to the end, and I thought the hallucinations felt very real.

I just didn't quite get Alice's new idea. Was it as simple as involving the US Marshalls and the Fire Dept rather than the contractors? Or is my brain so filled with images of writhing bodies it can't think anymore?

Back
Top Bottom