Go to CruxDreams.com
“… and …” Nepos now picked up the theme, “… send out a message to the barbarians both sides of the wall we are building, and also to the Roman Citizens … or more specifically to the women who marry and serve our men.”
Oh … I see now … this is all about political messaging. Funny how nothing has changed over twenty or more centuries. Let’s see how we can weaponize this and have our jollies too!

Oh … I see now … this is all about political messaging. Funny how nothing has changed over twenty or more centuries. Let’s see how we can weaponize this and have our jollies too!
Spot on Barb ... I think the '... how can we have our jollies too' is the operative element though, the excuse is just ... well, the excuse ...

The Wall – 09

"You are under arrest," said the imposing guardsman from the Vigiles Urbani.

"In whose name?" Valeria demanded.

"In the name of Nepos," said the man, "Governor of Britannia."

Since her husband had come home to find her being raped by those men, Valeria had attempted on numerous occasions to explain how she had been the one wronged and how they came into the house uninvited and savagely assaulted her …

But all Aulus did was hold her, effectively, under house arrest. Locking the door of the small store room where Valeria had been forced to sleep this past night. But now, when the doors to their home had burst open and there stood her husband flanked by two armed and armoured legionaries, and an official from the town’s Vigiles cohort, it appeared that she was to be arrested!

“You need to go with them Valeria,” Aulus stated, simply and unambiguously, whilst standing, arms folded. His plan had worked a treat. He would be rid of this bitch and free to enjoy himself in the way that his brother did. Maybe he could even become Tiberius’s business partner now that the girl whom his sibling saw as a simple gold digger, had been removed.

Valeria had nowhere to go as she backed up two paces before reaching the edge of the large table that dominated the room.

“Please, no, do not do this. Why, you cannot …”

“Yes, they can my love. I caught you in the act, though what act I do not know. Was it adultery or prostitution? Either way I have the right to transfer the right to justice across to the Tribune, who in your case has had his authority overridden by the Governor himself. So yes, they can do this … and in the name of Nepos.”

Valeria fell to her knees sobbing only to be dragged back to her feet by the roots of her hair. As one of the guards produced a rope, a rough looking hemp, she shook her head and, with eyes downcast, said, “There is no need for that, I will come willingly …”

Aulus stood to one side as his wife passed by him without a glance. She reflected upon, how, at the tender age of only seventeen, she had been forced into betrothal with Aulus, her own father, a simple earthenware store trader, believing that it would secure her future along with that of her family’s. How wrong they had been.

It had been many months since she had allowed her husband to climb between her thighs, and now it had led to this.

The small retinue walked slowly to the front door of the small house and building that Aulus called home.

“Strip.” Came the simple, yet very clear order.

“What?” Valeria replied. “Here?”

The guard who had spoken nodded. “Orders from the Governor himself. You will walk naked to your cell.”

“Vincula publica, you will leave here as you came whore, with nothing!” She heard Aulus spit these words at her, as, left with no choice, Valeria yanked the dress over her head and tossed it to the floor.

“Do what you will.” Remarked the ill-fated girl. Brave words but she was as naked and vulnerable as a woman could be.

“Will I be permitted a pair of sandals?” she asked. “The streets are filthy.”

“Not as filthy as your sins, whore,” a vicious response from the attending guard, who then added, “Now move.”

The cobbles under her feet caused Valeria to stumble as she made her way into the street. The main thoroughfare of Coria was crowded with the busy activities of buying and selling, gossip and meetings, but as the naked beauty appeared a sudden silence fell and all eyes turned to follow her as she made her way down onto the road.

A breeze was blowing, curling around her thighs and making the exposed girl feel more defenceless than ever. She breathed in the scents of the street, bread and beer, fish and the stench of the drains.

Valeria felt a tear well around her eye and drip over onto her cheek. How had it come to this? Why was she being humiliated in this way? And she knew that to spend time in judicial captivity could only mean one thing … she had already been condemned!

To Be Continued ...

LILAH

The Wall - Lilah Made Captive.jpeg

VALERIA

Valeria - Walk of Shame.jpeg

... I know I said that I wouldn't be posting manipulations along with this story, but I couldn't resist reflecting upon the current state of our two girls ...

Last edited:
And she knew that to spend time in judicial captivity could only mean one thing … she had already been condemned!
Wow she certainly has more dignity and poise than her cowardly cad of a husband!
To Be Continued ...

LILAH

The Wall - Lilah Made Captive.jpeg

VALERIA

Valeria - Walk of Shame.jpeg

... I know I said that I wouldn't be posting manipulations along with this story
I think, in this particular case, I will reluctantly allow it.

I think this was the best chapter yet, wasn’t expecting anything like this level of dignity from Valeria. :clap: :lily::thumbsup:

The Wall – 10

“She is being taken to the storehouse Governor, as we speak.” Tiberius knew that Valeria’s nubile nudity would be on full public display and he felt more than a pang of regret that he would be missing the erotic spectacle.

“Good, so the two sluts can stew in the juices of their confinement together,” Nepos responded as he and the most wealthy merchant Coria had to offer, walked and talked their way out onto the terrace overlooking the rolling hills surrounding Vindolanda.

Work on the wall had already begun. Three Legions were actively constructing stone upon stone; Legio VI Victrix, which had arrived in Britain only recently, the Legio XX Valeria Victrix and Legio II Augusta. Life in the main towns that manned the Stanegate Road line had never been so prosperous, hence why Tiberius was doing all he could to court the favour of Governor Nepos. The merchant had grand ambitions for his own future.

“We will retain a legion here …” Nepos said with commanding authority as he spread his arms out wide, “It is large enough and near enough to the barbarians that roam the hills, but I will slowly demilitarise Coria and let it thrive as a commercial and administrative centre.”

Tiberius took another drink from his glass and nodded at the Governor.

“We will of course require a Senior Consul to lead the Council there …” He smiled at the Merchant and then turned to once more survey the scene before him.

Soldiers making their way from the fort to the township settlement, heading towards the bath house, stopped to share words with the townsfolk. More legionaries roamed the main streets, buying goods, drinking beer … this was a thriving town and right now Nepos had never felt so satisfied with life.

In Coria it was pandemonium. Everywhere she looked Valeria saw eyes. The people now lining the streets seemed to be in equal parts men and women. Beggars and thieves, taverners and tradesfolk, tanners and stableboys and cobblers. Whores and scum, had come out to see Valeria’s denuding and degrading humiliation.

One guard stood to her right, another to her left, whilst her husband watched from the steps of his home as his naked wife moved further and further away from his soon-to-be life of freedom, riches … and sex.

Valeria raised her head. Beyond the tavern end of the street, opposite the temples and further beyond the sea of hungry eyes, gaping mouths and dirty faces, way across the town, Coria’s Tribune building stood.

“I can do this. I must.” She whispered to herself, but could not stop her own futile efforts to cover her breasts and exposed mound, as she hobbled barefoot and naked through the streets to her waiting fate.

When the chill of the breeze touched Valeria’s skin, she shivered violently. Her fingers tightened into fists, nails digging into her palms. They were looking at her, all the hungry eyes. But what were they seeing?

“I am pretty,” she reminded himself quietly, though it was a long time since anyone had said that to her. The guards shoved men aside to open a way through the gathered crowd, a throng that was blocking the street.

“Whore!”

“Slut!”

The poor girl knew that she would be forever tarnished with the label of Infamia, but she also knew that her life from this point might well be a short lived one.

“Open your legs for me bitch, and let my cock have some of your meat …”

Valeria could not silence them, so she must pretend she did not hear them. She would not see them either. She would keep her eyes on the Tribune’s building.

Their path took them past the statue of the Lion pouncing on the Lamb, and the similarity to her own predicament was not lost.

“Want some, whore?” one man called out. He was a hulking brute, a workman, with a huge stomach and unkempt hair. When she looked away in disgust, he flung a stone at her, which struck her on the leg and caused Valeria to stumble.

The cobbles underfoot were filthy, and there was so little space that she could not avoid the puddles.

“It’s only rain water,” Valeria whispered silently to herself. She wanted to believe that but in her heart she knew that it more than likely animal piss through which she dragged her feet.

The small retinue moved off the cobbles onto flat stones that were cracked and uneven, slippery underfoot, and rough against her soft soles. Her heel came down on something sharp, a stone or piece of broken crockery.

Valeria cried out in pain. “I asked for sandals,” she yelled in her desperation at the guard to her left.

“Keep moving,” was all he replied.

“I must keep walking.” She limped on, leaving a trail of bloody footprints on the stones behind her. Valeria walked through mud and manure, bleeding and hobbling. All around her was a babble of sound.

“Let me onto those tits!” Came one lewd and insulting comment, from a group of grinning drinking men, licking their lips as she went limping past, her chest heaving, breasts rising and falling with the effort of the degrading walk.

Then all at once the crowd parted and seemed to dissolve, and there was the entrance to the Tribune building, and a line of red cloaked guards.

“Not in there,” was the final instruction, “… in here.”

And to much cheering and clapping, Valeria was shoved into the storehouse of Tiberius the Merchant, where she would be chained to await her fate.

To Be Continued ...

Last edited by a moderator:
“We will retain a legion here …” Nepos said with commanding authority as he spread his arms out wide, “It is large enough and near enough to the barbarians that roam the hills, but I will slowly demilitarise Coria and let it thrive as a commercial and administrative centre.”

“We will of course require a Senior Consul to lead the Council there …” He smiled at the Merchant and then turned to once more survey the scene before him.
This, I think, is best described as hubris. :rolleyes:

In Coria it was pandemonium. Everywhere she looked Valeria saw eyes. The people now lining the streets seemed to be in equal parts men and women. Beggars and thieves, taverners and tradesfolk, tanners and stableboys and cobblers. Whores and scum, had come out to see Valeria’s denuding and degrading humiliation.

One guard stood to her right, another to her left, whilst her husband watched from the steps of his home as his naked wife moved further and further away from his soon-to-be life of freedom, riches … and sex.

Valeria raised her head. Beyond the tavern end of the street, opposite the temples and further beyond the sea of hungry eyes, gaping mouths and dirty faces, way across the town, Coria’s Tribune building stood.
Setting the scene … atmospherics matter. ;)

She reflected upon, how, at the tender age of only seventeen, she had been forced into betrothal with Aulus, her own father, a simple earthenware store trader, believing that it would secure her future along with that of her family’s.
That's what she gets for marrying so far above her station!
It had been many months since she had allowed her husband to climb between her thighs, and now it had led to this.
Let that be a lesson to you frigid, cock-teasers out there!

The story is progressing wonderfully, @Fossy !

The Wall – 11

It was the day following Valeria’s arrest. Aulus found himself invited to take lunch with his brother Tiberius at the rear of the Ale house, where the private activities took place.

The back room could be described as opulent. Frescos of various sexual acts adorned the walls, and the floor was lain with a tile mosaic of Bacchus and Venus entwined in love. The room was furnished with several large triclinia, and padded cushions. A table and chair stood against the wall which held various oils and creams, as well as several phallic-shaped objects for use during the entertainments on offer in here.

The whore was seated on one of the largest triclinium, naked and waiting.

“So, she is gone?” Tiberius asked his brother, who was looking very pleased with himself as he eyed the pretty, young slut.

“She is dear brother, and thanks to you and your money she will not be coming back.”

There was a pause as Aulus pondered whether or not to ask the next question.

“What will Nepos do with her?”

Tiberius filled his own glass and grinned. The whore looked up as the wealthy Merchant moved towards her. She had a light complexion with almond shaped black eyes and pink pouty lips. Her long black hair framed her face like a work of art. Her slender yet curvaceous hips and firm breasts appealed to both of these siblings and Aulus hoped that his brother would allow him to partake.

“He will use her … as he sees fit brother.”

Both men knew what that meant, and Aulus simply nodded.

“I’m sorry about your house slave, brother,” Tiberius said as he took another long drink from his cup.

“It is what it is,” Aulus replied wistfully. “Nestor was a good slave, but we needed his testimony to be fully verified in the eyes of the law, otherwise even our Esteemed Governor would not have been able to authorise the legal arrest of my wife.”

“And he continued to bear the testimony you required, even under extreme torture?”

“He did brother.”

Tiberius nodded. “I understand that he was broken on the wheel?”

“He was.”

“That is a shame, but now you are rid of the parasitical cunt, brother of mine, and I will guarantee that you are about to face a life of new found prosperity. The sacrifice of a slave to ensure the end we sought is a sacrifice worth making.” Tiberius slapped Aulus hard on the back causing the younger man to spill his wine.

Without warning the older man grabbed the hair of the prostitute in his fist and yanked her head back

"Stand up." Tiberius commanded softly.

The whore obeyed, standing to present herself.

"Tell us about yourself," Tiberius asked, wanting to prolong the frustrated anticipation of his lust fuelled brother.

"My name Elena. I from Dacia …”

Aulus gripped his growing erection through his toga, he knew how accomplished Dacian whores could be, which was why this house was filled with imported sluts from Dacia and Greece.

“I dance for you or can suck your dick, and make men feel happy."

Tiberius was impressed, she spoke well, and clearly said the right things.

“Brother,” Aulus spoke, “Should we talk about my part in your business now that I am free from any, erm, encumbrance?”

Elena still had a thick Dacian accent but that only added to her charm. Without acknowledging his brother’s words, Tiberius walked around the girl, trailing fingers over her nubile body. She sucked in a breath of anticipation as Tiberius's touch grazed across her nipples, they were erect and swollen, and trimmed pubic hair glistened from her self-induced pool of moisture, visible as she parted her smooth thighs.

Tiberius gently stroked at her swollen slit, until a whimpering moan escaped the strumpet's lips. Her eyes sparkled with lust and her breathing became more ragged.

"How many times have you orgasmed today, Elena?" Tiberius asked, knowing what effect this line of discourse would have on his sexually unfulfilled brother.

"Three." She answered without thought, “… but not for many hours.”.

Sensing his siblings yearning, and taking great delight in delaying Aulus’s involvement in proceedings, Tiberius moved his over-cloak to one side, and sitting back in his large chair, he lifted his tunic, looked at the girl and said, simply, “Suck me.”

To Be Continued ...

The back room could be described as opulent. Frescos of various sexual acts adorned the walls, and the floor was lain with a tile mosaic of Bacchus and Venus entwined in love. The room was furnished with several large triclinia, and padded cushions. A table and chair stood against the wall which held various oils and creams, as well as several phallic-shaped objects for use during the entertainments on offer in here.
Interior design by NailusMartyrs, Ltd., can replicate this opulence for your home. Call them now for a free estimate. Financing available.

The Wall – 11

It was the day following Valeria’s arrest. Aulus found himself invited to take lunch with his brother Tiberius at the rear of the Ale house, where the private activities took place.

The whore was seated on one of the largest triclinium, naked and waiting.

“So, she is gone?” Tiberius asked his brother, who was looking very pleased with himself as he eyed the pretty, young slut.

“She is dear brother, and thanks to you and your money she will not be coming back.”

There was a pause as Aulus pondered whether or not to ask the next question.

“What will Nepos do with her?”

Tiberius filled his own glass and grinned. The whore looked up as the wealthy Merchant moved towards her. She had a light complexion with almond shaped black eyes and pink pouty lips. Her long black hair framed her face like a work of art. Her slender yet curvaceous hips and firm breasts appealed to both of these siblings and Aulus hoped that his brother would allow him to partake.

“He will use her … as he sees fit brother.”

Both men knew what that meant, and Aulus simply nodded.

“I’m sorry about your house slave, brother,” Tiberius said as he took another long drink from his cup.

“It is what it is,” Aulus replied wistfully. “Nestor was a good slave, but we needed his testimony to be fully verified in the eyes of the law, otherwise even our Esteemed Governor would not have been able to authorise the legal arrest of my wife.”

“And he continued to bear the testimony you required, even under extreme torture?”

“He did brother.”

Tiberius nodded. “I understand that he was broken on the wheel?”

“He was.”

“That is a shame, but now you are rid of the parasitical cunt, brother of mine, and I will guarantee that you are about to face a life of new found prosperity. The sacrifice of a slave to ensure the end we sought is a sacrifice worth making.” Tiberius slapped Aulus hard on the back causing the younger man to spill his wine.

Without warning the older man grabbed the hair of the prostitute in his fist and yanked her head back

"Stand up." Tiberius commanded softly.

The whore obeyed, standing to present herself.

"Tell us about yourself," Tiberius asked, wanting to prolong the frustrated anticipation of his lust fuelled brother.

"My name Elena. I from Dacia …”

Aulus gripped his growing erection through his toga, he knew how accomplished Dacian whores could be, which was why this house was filled with imported sluts from Dacia and Greece.

“I dance for you or can suck your dick, and make men feel happy."

Tiberius was impressed, she spoke well, and clearly said the right things.

“Brother,” Aulus spoke, “Should we talk about my part in your business now that I am free from any, erm, encumbrance?”

Elena still had a thick Dacian accent but that only added to her charm. Without acknowledging his brother’s words, Tiberius walked around the girl, trailing fingers over her nubile body. She sucked in a breath of anticipation as Tiberius's touch grazed across her nipples, they were erect and swollen, and trimmed pubic hair glistened from her self-induced pool of moisture, visible as she parted her smooth thighs.

Tiberius gently stroked at her swollen slit, until a whimpering moan escaped the strumpet's lips. Her eyes sparkled with lust and her breathing became more ragged.

"How many times have you orgasmed today, Elena?" Tiberius asked, knowing what effect this line of discourse would have on his sexually unfulfilled brother.

"Three." She answered without thought, “… but not for many hours.”.

Sensing his siblings yearning, and taking great delight in delaying Aulus’s involvement in proceedings, Tiberius moved his over-cloak to one side, and sitting back in his large chair, he lifted his tunic, looked at the girl and said, simply, “Suck me.”

To Be Continued ...
Dacian Strumpet, an ancient Romano-British delicacy! :hambre:

Loving the story, Fossy!

The Wall – 12

Valeria opened her eyes as the aches of her chained naked body ripped through her limbs. It was dim and cool in this room … was it the storehouse? With a furrow of her brow, she could smell the mould and damp, as she strained her eyes to peer through the limited light. Her head was throbbing as if she had banged it on the stone wall, but she no recollection of doing that.

Valeria attempted to reach up to her pounding temple but the manacles now securing her wrists behind her back prevented such movement.

The chain holding her wrists passed down the rear of her body, behind her bare legs to also secure her ankles. If she tried to move one part of her body, another would feel the pain of her efforts, and her feet hurt from the walk, her right leg stained with dried blood from where the large stone had hit her. She was sitting on the cold stone floor next to a pile of hessian sacks filled with what seemed like grain. By now her eyes had adjusted and she was able to make out another shape in the room.

“H … hello?” She whispered. Even in the gloom Valeria could tell that there was another girl with her, but there was no response to her quietly intoned greeting.

“W … Why are we here?” she attempted once again to make contact. This time a pair of eyes, the whites, brightly contrasting against the surrounding blackness, looked up at her and spat out her words.

“Yfel setnes offeallan orgilde wuldor” (I will kill these sons of whores)

Valeria whimpered when she realised that the other prisoner was a barbarian girl and she could not understand a word she said.

As the gloom lifted a little more, the wife of Aulus Paulinus could see that the girl on the opposite side of the room was filthy, covered in grime and she too was naked, a dirty remnant laying by her side, which could have been a garment of some sort. Her hands and ankles were chained like Valeria’s and it was only upon seeing the metal neck collar with the long chain reaching high to a bolt in the wall, that the Roman girl realised that her neck was also secured … like a common slave. Why this place would have such fastenings built into the stone of its wall Valeria had no idea, but here she and this barbarian were, secured to the boulders of the Merchant’s storehouse … her brother-in-law, Tiberius’s storehouse. That realisation made her feel sick.

A tear rolled down her pretty face.

Knowing she couldn't move and that attempting to do so would only cause her more discomfort, Valeria focused her mind on surveying the surroundings. Stacks of grain sacks were piled high, clearly ready for sale or export to another town, otherwise the contents would still be stored in the modern and large granaries that Coria Town could boast of owning. There was what appeared to be a stone table of some sort in the centre, it was larger than a normal table, much larger. Along the far wall she could make out what looked like chains that she imagined would have been used in medieval dungeons, but this was a storeroom? Then she realised that she, along with this dirty Brigante girl, had been fastened to livestock holdings! Treated like a common slave and then chained like an animal …

Turning once again to the girl, and despite knowing that they spoke different languages, Valeria spoke to her. “D … did they … rape you?”

Whether Lilah could understand certain words or not, or whether ‘rape’ was a universal description of the terrible act, it wasn’t clear, but the Brigante captive looked up and said simply “Hîe âwyrcan on hîe onhagian”, (They do as they please), and when she spoke a tear spilled free and rolled down her grime covered cheek.

Just then Valeria heard a noise off to her side, and the door opened to allow light in to infuse the room.

A legionary entered. He was in the shadows so she couldn't make out his features. Her first impression was of a man of incredible height, but the effect could have been heightened by the fact that she was on the floor. She strained to see his face and then heard his deep voice break through the silence like the crack of a whip

"Close your eyes whore." It was not yelled, but his voice was like steel and she obeyed, not daring to tempt forth the anger that was behind his statement. Valeria could only listen as his heavy footsteps slowly moved closer to her, and it took all of her self-control to keep her eyes closed.

Finally, she could sense that he was standing over her. She heard a soft chuckle and then she was pushed on to her back with a harsh shove, crying out as her hands were crushed under her own body in this position.

Valeria’s eyes opened from the shock of being moved and the pain radiating from her wrists. Just as her vision returned, she felt the slap of a hand across her cheek. "I told you to fucking close your eyes, bitch." She was swift to obey, her cheek still stinging.

Tied like she was, she couldn't adjust to relieve the pressure on her hands. She felt his breath on her neck and a shiver of pure terror rushed through her body. The Roman girl jumped and gasped as she felt the tip of what she instantly knew was a very sharp knife. Her captor ran the tip along her neck, just below the collar, leaving a red scratch in its wake. Valeria dare not move, her chest rising and the falling as she did her best to control her frenzied breathing.

Suddenly, the knife stopped moving and simply rested against the soft, vulnerable flesh of her neck. She could feel the blade pressing in to her delicate skin and focused on remaining calm and still. Before she could utter a sound, the blade was removed and she relaxed. Too soon. Shock surged through her body as the knife-edge then pressed into the dark shadow of her ample cleavage, and a small trickle of blood ran down between her breasts. A sob escaped her lips as she heard the man growl out his laughter.

Eyes still screwed tight shut Valeria whimpered as once again she felt the knife against her throat and then a mouth on her nipples, alternating between kissing and licking at the hardened buds. She held back a moan. Then she felt teeth, as he bit down hard on her left teat, causing her to jolt from the force of it, her neck to press against the knife. A gasp escaped her lips … her senses were in overdrive.

Then she heard another voice.

“Atticus, come, now … quickly … someone is heading this way.”

The soldier assaulting Valeria chuckled. “I might be back for more later whore …”

As the soldier left his would-be victim in a painful heap, Lilah simply stared at the tormented girl that lie nearby on the cold floor. The Brigante prisoner’s expression was devoid of any emotion.

To Be Continued ...

This is excellent and exciting! I love the details of Valeria’s bondage, very fitting for a condemned slave to be chained in such a helpless and vulnerable position.

Then a nice surprise as Atticus sneaks in to torment her with his blade. She will live to regret not pressing her neck forward as he scored it with his knife. But valeria clearly still retains hope of a future life, not realizing hers is a death sentence of the most brutal pain and suffering that the Roman Empire has to offer…

great read, @Fossy - thank you!

Last edited:
The Wall – 13

He slid a palm over a smooth stone shaped like a woman’s rear. His fingers slipped into the crack and tested the drying mortar. He tensed, shoving further into the rock, but felt no give to it. Stepping away, he judged the angle of the wall to be true. He couldn’t keep himself from laying his hands on the stone again. He traced his fingers over the newly created part and stared down the rolling length of wall. It was real, tactile. It was solid and strong. Nothing could breech it. The sense of urgency to complete this wall was briefly replaced with the relief that it existed.

He looked out over the rolling fields, bright even in the dull sunshine which glistened off the surface of the River Tyne. ‘Vindolanda’ (smooth, white fields) he thought to himself, what a perfect name for this place.

“A good day’s work,” Iulius Verecundus, the Praefectus said to the Tungarian Legionaries sweating by his side. “Dismiss the men,” he ordered, as he jumped down from the scaffold.

Ignoring the salarius as he released the soldiers from their daily labours, Verecundus looked South back towards the town. The men who had been relieved of their duties, leapt on board the transport cart in their mad rush to get back to Vindolanda and an evening's libation.

There were whisperings that Emperor Hadrian had lost his nerve against the Celtic barbarians, which was why this structure was being built. Verecundus knew, however, that they were wrong. There was nothing so important as this wall if the Empire in Britannia was to survive.

“Praefectus?”

Glaring, he turned on the man who dared interrupt his thoughts.

His clerk, Audax, a meek and mild mannered Tungarian, scurried up the hill toward him. He had been with him since the Praefectus had journeyed all the way to Britannia from Civitas Tungrorum.

“Praefectus, I have a message for you.” Audax gasped as he recovered from his struggles up the slight incline.

Verecundus took the parchment from his clerk. The thin diptych, a slender leaf of what appeared to be oak, felt smooth to his touch. The thick, rich ink had been dried and read clearly, telling him that the two prisoners requested by Nepos would be travelling overnight from Coria.

The Praefectus knew that was about a day’s march and so he would let his Governor know that they would be ready for him after the morning’s breakfast.

“Thank you Audax, you may return to the town.”

Nepos would be heading South soon to his residence in Londinium, but in the meantime Verecundus was eager to find out why the head of the Empire in Britannica was so keen to see these captive girls, one of whom he understood to be a Roman Lady …

Very interesting indeed!

Dere Street, passing through the very centre of Coria dividing the settlement from the military compound, was part of the Stanegate road. The Northern most frontier of the Empire, until this new Wall was completed that was.

Tiberius and Aulus stood by the fountain outside the granaries on slightly raised ground at the East side of the town. From here they had an excellent view of the store room as it was opened. A crowd had gathered to see the barbarian prisoner, naked and defiled, being secured by tight hemp around her wrists fastened to the back of a cart. Lilah had allowed herself to be moved from the cold stone ‘prison’ without fuss. She appeared docile, partly because that is how her spirit felt and in part because she was wise enough to know what battles could be fought and won, and this was not one of them. And now she waited patiently, arms in front of her nude body, wrists bound to the cart as her co-prisoner was brought forth from the dark gloom.

“This is her …” Aulus whispered to his brother as the first sight of Valeria’s bound, naked torso came into view. He still thought himself well rid of the barren and sultry bitch, but he could not deny the feelings of excitement her treatment in this outrageous manner created in both his head and his groin.

Lilah has been led quietly from the store, however, the same ease of extraction was not the case with Valeria …

"By the Gods!” She screamed, spinning in a circle trying to work out what was happening to her. She fell with a bump to the ground drawing laughter from the steadily building crowd of townsfolk and legionaries, most of whom recalled her naked walk of shame from only two days earlier.

The bite in the early evening air raised goosebumps on her skin as frustration and confusion got the better of her. Valeria started to sob, bringing yet more cries of mirth and derision from the watching throng.

“By the cunt of Venus, Tiberius, I swear that I could fuck her raw right now …” The two brothers watched as Aulus’ wife suffered further humiliation.

“Do you think the soldiers raped her …”

“Hopefully.” Tiberius replied in harsh tones. The very thought made Aulus stiffen.

Valeria stood, her wrists already tied with the long length of rope, like a leash gripped by a huge soldier’s fist, and held tight. She stumbled around frustrated and afraid, caught somewhere between crying and screaming. Not wanting to break down and lose her head totally.

Then she saw him.

“Aulus you monster, why? Why are you doing this?” Valeria shouted, “I have done nothing wrong, you know that!”

The soldier who had been given custody of the rope succeeded in securing it to the cart alongside the leash holding Lilah’s wrists.

“Rot in hell you bastard!” Was her final cry as the cart began to move pulling the naked girls along with it.

“There she goes,” Aulus said, finally able to look back at the small procession as it left Coria bound for Vindolanda. He smiled as he saw the two firm and nubile posteriors wiggle back at him as the cart moved at a pace slow enough to allow the girls to remain upright but occasionally forcing them to break out into a jog.

A duplicarius was at the head of around a dozen cavalry men, alongside a vexillarius bearing the standard of a small Eagle that had been allowed to accompany the cortege.

“It will take them a day, I do hope those bitches survive. I would hate them to miss out on whatever it is that our good Governor has planned for them.” Tiberius grinned as his brother simply nodded his brief reply … “Indeed.”

“When will we leave for Vindolanda?” Aulus added.

“Tomorrow morning brother. We can strike a pace in our carriage that will take only a fraction of the time. Do not worry we will be there to witness the spectacle, whatever that might be. But come, for now we have a warm cunt and a cold beer waiting for us …”

To Be Continued ...

Back
Top Bottom