Go to CruxDreams.com

Fossy

SEXPIOGENTUS
@Barabbas @Barbaria1 @Beate @bkcharmer @bobinder @crumera @cruxlover @ctcua @ERIN the Brave @Eulalia @Eva Inanna @Gibbs505 @Heineudo @Jackie1111 @jacksjg89 @Jon Smithie @Kathy @Kuba @Madiosi @Marcella @messaline @MJMcHugh @montycrusto @nicole @old slave @Peony @phlebas @Puritan @Quiet Paul @RacingRodent @Rias @thehangingtree @toxidomaskjr @twonines @wildsouthman @windar @Wragg @StarbuckSlut @shredword @The Beast @thommorr @elephas @malins @Loxuru @Harsh Martinet @RedOrc @Grab @firstout0 @bleater @Ozz @Boris Spider @Dalriada @TheLimey @KurvyKate @Vindex @piraland @fat slave girl @Praefectus Praetorio @Loinclothslave @jbs073 @Peter_the_giant @Ted Parry @twonines @cerf @JJ Shriek @john rambo @NewUser @Rupert_137 @mp5stab @Doragon @Cran @Jollyrei @TerriT @ledoux

This is a story based around a setting in AD 122, upon the commencement of the construction of Hadrian’s Wall, which was built in order to create the Northern most frontier border of the Ancient Roman Empire. It is a tale that has taken inspiration from several sources. My reading of that excellent story from @Praefectus Praetorio - The Fate of A Goth Girl , the watching of the TV series “The Roman Empire”, then finally, and perhaps most significantly given the context, my recent two-week tour of Hadrian’s Wall.

“The Wall”, as my story is called, does have background. It has context and setting, and a little delve into the different lives of the main protagonists. So there is ‘build up’ for sure during which time the explicit nature of what we all enjoy here is simmering in the background. However, fear not, because a menacing edge is never far away and it is an edge that evolves throughout the chapters, of which there are around 25, into an explosion of torture and violence by the time we reach the climax.

The Wall will contain a slight departure from my usual style, in that each chapter will be text only. I will leave the imaginings of what the characters and scenes look like to the wonderful creativity that exists here on CF. However, below is a Dramatis Personae for the main protagonists that includes a picture, just so that you can get an idea of what kind of character was going through my mind as I wrote the story – you will see that the Brigante Female, Lilah, is played by my Muse Charlotte, who is delighted to be entertaining you all once more!

So, without further ado, on with the show …

Dramatis Personae

Lilah - The Wall.jpgLILAH, A Brigante Female

Valeria - The Wall.jpg VALERIA, the wife of Aulus Paulinus

Rufus - The Wall.jpg RUFUS, A Brigante Warrior

Nepos - The Wall.jpg NEPOS, The newly appointed Governor of Britannia

Tiberius - The Wall.jpg TIBERIUS PAULINUS, A wealthy Merchant of Coria

Aulus - The Wall.jpg AULUS PAULINUS , The weaker willed, more insipid, brother of Tiberius

The Wall – 01

AD 122

Britannia

The northern wind blew across the ridge with a howl like an army of barbarians. The metaphor pleased the emperor, who considered himself a scholar as well as a soldier. A new balcony jutted from the wooden quarters that had been hastily erected for the emperor’s entourage, and Hadrian stood on it now, adding the gale to his mental inventory of the empire.

Hadrian had complimented his host for the ambitious timber construction at the remote Vindolanda. Half his life had been spent under a tent, so this was a relative improvement.

No ruler had ever attempted to tour the entire empire before. But here he was looking out at the sodden slope, suddenly impatient. “So, let’s go and see this high ground!” The ruler was restless.

“We could wait on the weather,” the about-to-retire Governor, Pompeius offered cautiously, looking out at the falling rain.

“Wait on the weather in Britannia?” The laugh was loud. “I’m forty-eight years old, Governor. Wait on the weather, and I might as well order my tomb.”

“It changes quickly, Emperor.”

“So does my empire. I’ve travelled from Persia to Britannia. If I’d waited on the weather, I’d still be in Syria, sunburned and bored.”

“I’ll order the horses,” Pompeius replied, somewhat wearily.

“No. We walk.” The emperor addressed the assembled officers. “We walk like the barbarians walk, to feel the lay of the land as they do and try to imagine what this proposed wall of ours will look like, to them and to us.”

“A wall.”

“A wall, Governor, across the entire island.”

Pompeius blinked. “The entire island?” There’d been no warning of this.

“A single wall to settle the governance of Britannia once and for all. Rome on one side, the barbarians on the other. This province has warring tribes that rival the Gauls and the Germaniens for irritation. We have advanced the Empire in this part of the world far enough and now we need to keep the Brigantes under control and at a disciplined arms-length, because if we do not then they will foray into Caledonia and unite with the heathens further North. We need a controllable frontier, and so we will build a wall, Pompeius, and then we can regulate trade, migration, smuggling, alliances, and civilization itself. A wall eighty miles long, built by Britannia’s three legions.”

“On this land?” The Governor looked warily over the edge of a precipice no army could climb.

“Even up here, on this land.” The Emperor replied.

The party’s cloaks fluttered in the bitter wind, but the rain was thinning, and the panorama stretching before them was sharpening into view.

“I want the tribes to see an unbroken wall, filling valleys, rolling over cliffs, and bridging rivers.” Hadrian turned to Pompeius’ successor. “Can you do it, Nepos?”

“The engineers have made some preliminary calculations,” the new Governor said, having had more knowledge than Pompeius of this idea. “The volume of stone is prodigious. I estimate thirty million facing stones alone, with rubble, clay, and lime mortar filling the thickness between. Such a project will require many quarries, timber for scaffolding, and a whole legion of cobblers just to replace worn boots! It will cost …”

“We will not count the cost.” Hadrian was looking not at his Governors but out across the northern landscape again. “It will be built by soldiers who have grown restless and need a project to organise their minds. And it will be done.”

Fossy said:
NEPOS, The newly appointed Governor of Britannia
And HOW did he get the job?? Bloody Nepotism! :rolleyes:
Fossy said:
“Wait on the weather in Britannia?”
Hence the phrase “hail, Caesar!”
Fossy said:
..and Mexico will pay for it! :doh:
Precisely.
A grand start @Fossy , loved the cloaks fluttering in the Northumbrian breeze, and the indomitable Emperor refusing to be put off by a bit of rain.
As Sid James said in “Carry on Cleo”,
2C555B8C-F806-44E7-9BE4-FCFBEEB72D5B.gif(GIF)
“What a Country!” :rolleyes:

Valeria - The Wall.jpg
Valeria is rather “gorgeous “ too.. I do hope she gets a raunchy scene or two! :devil:

@Barabbas @Barbaria1 @Beate @bkcharmer @bobinder @crumera @cruxlover @ctcua @ERIN the Brave @Eulalia @Eva Inanna @Gibbs505 @Heineudo @Jackie1111 @jacksjg89 @Jon Smithie @Kathy @Kuba @Madiosi @Marcella @messaline @MJMcHugh @montycrusto @nicole @old slave @Peony @phlebas @Puritan @Quiet Paul @RacingRodent @Rias @thehangingtree @toxidomaskjr @twonines @wildsouthman @windar @Wragg @StarbuckSlut @shredword @The Beast @thommorr @elephas @malins @Loxuru @Harsh Martinet @RedOrc @Grab @firstout0 @bleater @Ozz @Boris Spider @Dalriada @TheLimey @KurvyKate @Vindex @piraland @fat slave girl @Praefectus Praetorio @Loinclothslave @jbs073 @Peter_the_giant @Ted Parry @twonines @cerf @JJ Shriek @john rambo @NewUser @Rupert_137 @mp5stab @Doragon @Cran @Jollyrei @TerriT @ledoux

This is a story based around a setting in AD 122, upon the commencement of the construction of Hadrian’s Wall, which was built in order to create the Northern most frontier border of the Ancient Roman Empire. It is a tale that has taken inspiration from several sources. My reading of that excellent story from @Praefectus Praetorio - The Fate of A Goth Girl , the watching of the TV series “The Roman Empire”, then finally, and perhaps most significantly given the context, my recent two-week tour of Hadrian’s Wall.

“The Wall”, as my story is called, does have background. It has context and setting, and a little delve into the different lives of the main protagonists. So there is ‘build up’ for sure during which time the explicit nature of what we all enjoy here is simmering in the background. However, fear not, because a menacing edge is never far away and it is an edge that evolves throughout the chapters, of which there are around 25, into an explosion of torture and violence by the time we reach the climax.

The Wall will contain a slight departure from my usual style, in that each chapter will be text only. I will leave the imaginings of what the characters and scenes look like to the wonderful creativity that exists here on CF. However, below is a Dramatis Personae for the main protagonists that includes a picture, just so that you can get an idea of what kind of character was going through my mind as I wrote the story – you will see that the Brigante Female, Lilah, is played by my Muse Charlotte, who is delighted to be entertaining you all once more!

So, without further ado, on with the show …

Dramatis Personae

View attachment 1065510LILAH, A Brigante Female

View attachment 1065514 VALERIA, the wife of Aulus Paulinus

View attachment 1065512 RUFUS, A Brigante Warrior

View attachment 1065511 NEPOS, The newly appointed Governor of Britannia

View attachment 1065513 TIBERIUS PAULINUS, A wealthy Merchant of Coria

View attachment 1065509 AULUS PAULINUS , The weaker willed, more insipid, brother of Tiberius

The Wall – 01

AD 122

Britannia

The northern wind blew across the ridge with a howl like an army of barbarians. The metaphor pleased the emperor, who considered himself a scholar as well as a soldier. A new balcony jutted from the wooden quarters that had been hastily erected for the emperor’s entourage, and Hadrian stood on it now, adding the gale to his mental inventory of the empire.

Hadrian had complimented his host for the ambitious timber construction at the remote Vindolanda. Half his life had been spent under a tent, so this was a relative improvement.

No ruler had ever attempted to tour the entire empire before. But here he was looking out at the sodden slope, suddenly impatient. “So, let’s go and see this high ground!” The ruler was restless.

“We could wait on the weather,” the about-to-retire Governor, Pompeius offered cautiously, looking out at the falling rain.

“Wait on the weather in Britannia?” The laugh was loud. “I’m forty-eight years old, Governor. Wait on the weather, and I might as well order my tomb.”

“It changes quickly, Emperor.”

“So does my empire. I’ve travelled from Persia to Britannia. If I’d waited on the weather, I’d still be in Syria, sunburned and bored.”

“I’ll order the horses,” Pompeius replied, somewhat wearily.

“No. We walk.” The emperor addressed the assembled officers. “We walk like the barbarians walk, to feel the lay of the land as they do and try to imagine what this proposed wall of ours will look like, to them and to us.”

“A wall.”

Pompeius blinked. “The entire island?” There’d been no warning of this.

“A single wall to settle the governance of Britannia once and for all. Rome on one side, the barbarians on the other. This province has warring tribes that rival the Gauls and the Germaniens for irritation. We have advanced the Empire in this part of the world far enough and now we need to keep the Brigantes under control and at a disciplined arms-length, because if we do not then they will foray into Caledonia and unite with the heathens further North. We need a controllable frontier, and so we will build a wall, Pompeius, and then we can regulate trade, migration, smuggling, alliances, and civilization itself. A wall eighty miles long, built by Britannia’s three legions.”

“On this land?” The Governor looked warily over the edge of a precipice no army could climb.

“Even up here, on this land.” The Emperor replied.

The party’s cloaks fluttered in the bitter wind, but the rain was thinning, and the panorama stretching before them was sharpening into view.

“I want the tribes to see an unbroken wall, filling valleys, rolling over cliffs, and bridging rivers.” Hadrian turned to Pompeius’ successor. “Can you do it, Nepos?”

“The engineers have made some preliminary calculations,” the new Governor said, having had more knowledge than Pompeius of this idea. “The volume of stone is prodigious. I estimate thirty million facing stones alone, with rubble, clay, and lime mortar filling the thickness between. Such a project will require many quarries, timber for scaffolding, and a whole legion of cobblers just to replace worn boots! It will cost …”

“We will not count the cost.” Hadrian was looking not at his Governors but out across the northern landscape again. “It will be built by soldiers who have grown restless and need a project to organise their minds. And it will be done.”
A fine start. Excellent background and scene-setting

However, below is a Dramatis Personae for the main protagonists that includes a picture, just so that you can get an idea of what kind of character was going through my mind as I wrote the story
Nice concept
“It will be built by soldiers who have grown restless and need a project to organise their minds.
Just give them a membership on CF to keep those lonely men amused!:smilie-devil:

“We walk like the barbarians walk, to feel the lay of the land as they do and try to imagine what this proposed wall of ours will look like, to them and to us.”

“A wall.”

And we’ll get Mexico to pay for it! :rolleyes:

Fabulous story concept and start, Fossy. Carry on!

:popcorn:

Well then you have really extensive knowledge of ancient Rome. The life of Brian in particular is a standard work for all archeologists.
Asterix should surely be added to the bibliography/ filmography :)

Just a heads up, you didn’t ping me. I think there is a cap of the number of people you can notify with one message.
Most of us didn't get an alert - it might be because the opening post in the thread was moved, but the alerts for @ mentions aren't very reliable.

The Wall – 02

Cyneric laid a meaty paw on a shoulder of each of the two women, the most precious things in his world. “We are ready to begin,” he continued, blinking away the joyful tears that sprang unbidden to his eyes. Together, with Lilah in front, Cyneric and his wife, Ada, walked slowly out of the hut and into the open. Friends and neighbours were gathered in the rain and they cheered at the sight of the soon-to-be-bride, before parting to form a wide corridor, at the end of which stood Rufus.

Dressed in his finest furs, his father’s sword strapped across his back, Rufus smiled widely as Lilah walked towards him, her wide, happy eyes catching his and never letting go for one second. The sword had been in his family for generations, and Eadbhárd had presented it to his son the previous night, passing on the honour and strength of his ancestors.

Rufus took the hands of his bride-to-be into his own and returned her beaming smile. Before them, another figure appeared. Tall and skeletal, clad in a flowing, hooded black robe from head to toe, the shaman was an imposing figure, head and shoulders above everyone else.

The elder sage clasped a staff of gnarled, ancient wood in one hand, his robe festooned with all manner of bones and rune carvings. Within the dark recesses of his hood, nothing could be seen of the shaman’s face, not even his whitened eyes. When he spoke, it was like the rumble of distant thunder, quiet in volume and yet perfectly audible to all gathered.

“We have come to this place to bear witness to the marriage of Rufus, son of Eadbhárd, and Lilah, daughter of Cyneric. Do you both declare that you have come of your own free will and of that free will do you each agree to be joined with the other in the eyes of the Goddess Brigantia?”

Rufus and Lilah looked upon one another, barely able to contain their joy.

“We do,” they said in unison. Cyneric stepped forward, holding a long strip of blue cloth, which he bound slowly around the clasped hands of the pair.

“With this, I, Cyneric, son of Guthrum, give my daughter to your protection. May the gods watch over you, may they protect hearth and home for you, and deliver to you the blessings of children.” Cyneric stepped back, struggling to hide his emotions. The shaman took a bowl in his hands, proffered to him by a young boy at his side, and removed the horsehair brush. Flicking it towards them, he daubed both of their faces with the blood contained in the bowl.

“Here, in this place, in sight of the gods and of men,” the shaman croaked, “… you are now made man and wife.” A great cheer went up from all gathered, as Rufus took Lilah in his arms and kissed her passionately.

Barely had he even drawn away, before Cyneric pulled him into a crushing bear hug, lifting him clear from his feet. The people gathered around, calling out their earnest well-wishes and congratulations.

It was much later when Lilah moved behind her new husband and whispered into his ear “Come with me, my love.”

Lilah led Rufus into the woods, until the noise of the celebrations dimmed. Here, away from the roaring fires in the village, the air was cold, the thick trees plunging them into an exotic and erotic semi-darkness. Gentle rain dripped from branches to fall upon the ground, as Rufus took Lilah by the waist and pushed her against a wide tree, kissing her as he slid his hand underneath the hem of her dress. His young wife moaned softly into his ear.

“Wait.” Rufus pulled back a little and stared into the eyes that had always mesmerised him. With a smile, Lilah reached into the folds of her clothing, retrieving a small cloth pouch. She tipped the contents into her hand, showing them to Rufus, who smiled too. Lilah held a small pile of crumpled mushrooms, with long white stems and light brown heads. He took one, placing it in his mouth and chewed on it. Lilah followed suit, and they swallowed them together.

Her vision began to swim a little, the outline of Rufus’ form suddenly shifting and blurring. His dark brown eyes opened wide, the pupils dilating. He smiled again, swaying a little. Lilah caught his arm and they both sunk to the ground. Staring straight up into the air, the young, new bride watched as myriad colours and shapes danced before her, disappearing and reappearing at random. She giggled, unable to control the surge of happiness that threatened to burst out of her body, before sweeping her legs over Rufus to straddle his prone form. She lowered her head to kiss him, before grinding her body against his.

Gripping her dress, Lilah pulled the garment over her head, leaving herself utterly, totally and beautifully naked. Sitting up, Rufus buried his face between her breasts, gently biting the skin.

Reaching down to the spot where their bodies joined, Lilah, with skilled dexterity, unfastened the draw string around his waist, pulled out his solid erection and then lowered her body, gradually impaling herself onto his rigid length.

Lilah began to ride her husband, slowly at first, wanting the moment to last. Moving faster, she began to moan as she felt the first orgasm come upon her …

Breathless, the pair lay gasping, side by side on the bed of wet leaves, Rufus’ seed lodged deep within his young wife’s body. Twisting her position just a little, Lilah stroked his bearded cheek, staring into his wide, heavy-lidded eyes.

For many hours, they lay unmoving, on the damp ground wrapped in the warmth of one another’s embrace. Only as dawn broke did they rise, the air suddenly feeling chilled as the effects of the mushrooms wore off. Dressing themselves, they walked back through the woods towards the village. But before they had emerged from the cover of the trees, a sudden, violent shout disturbed the peace.

The Wall – 03

Governor Nepos sipped from his cup. He remained delighted by the visit from Hadrian himself, and though this damned wall was giving him sleepless nights, he was still feeling triumphant enough to hardly dilute his wine on this fine evening. He reflected on the last conversation they had shared, before his Emperor had left.

“We must do something Nepos,” Emperor Hadrian, had earlier addressed the new Governor of Britannia, concerned by the news he had just heard. “The Wall will be a clear message to these infuriating tribes, but we need something more to truly deter them.”

A messenger from the sixth legion had ridden in to share the news that Eboracum had been raided again by Brigante tribesmen who were supposedly at peace with their Roman Masters. Whilst that was the theory, Nepos knew enough to know that the heathen encampments around Eboracum remained fiercely bitter of the fact that before the legions headed North, it was their settlement, and they would do anything but allow the Romans to rest in peace there.

“We need to make an example Nepos, which I will expect you to arrange, and on their Barbarian heads be it,” declared Hadrian, speaking both literally and metaphorically.

Taking another sip from his cup, Nepos smiled to himself. He favoured action, and was a strong advocate of keeping these savages in their lowly place. He liked nothing better to engage in story telling of the time many years ago, when the Iceni bitch Boudica had been defeated by Gaius Suetonius Paulinus. Nepos revelled in tales of how the cunt had been stripped and publicly flogged and her naked daughters tied to the rack and savagely raped. If he had the chance, he would love to repeat those acts here in on the site of this proposed wall. A naked barbarian bitch hanging from the cross would give this ground an aura of horror and be a clear warning against future insurgencies.

The thoughts stirred his loins and he turned away from his entourage on the newly built Vindolanda terrace, to stare out over the plains. The Villa had only recently been added to the site of the fort here, which was now garrisoned once again by the 1st cohort of Tungrians, brought to Britannia from the occupied lands of Gaul.

“Will that be all Governor?”

Without turning, Nepos nodded and, still lost in his thoughts of fantasy, replied with a quiet, “Yes, you may go. Leave me.”

Hadrian had already moved on to Tarraco in the provinces of Catalonia, and the previous Governor, Pompeius, had little interest in anything other than returning to the sun-kissed Villa waiting for him in Rome. Once the wall was completed and the Barbarians were kept in check Nepos could do entirely as he pleased.

Tomorrow he would instruct the Legatus at Eboracum, Tiberius Valerius Propinquus, to find scape goats for the recent attack so that he could leave a clear and definite message for the bastard Barbarians reminding them who of was actually in charge here in these fields of the perpetually inclement Britannia!

The entire First Cohort of the sixth Legion was in position. 800 battle hardened men ready to send out the Governor’s message. They were a hammer to crack open a nut, but the Legatus had been clear, no quarter no mercy. Wipe them from the face of this god forsaken place.

“We kill them all, except …” Marcus Pilatax said quietly to the officers by his side.

“Yes, Primus Pilus, except what … Sir” came the response as they waited for their commanding centurion to finish his sentence.

“The Governor wants a single prisoner. Female and pretty …”

There was a sequence of nods in tacit agreement. They knew what the implication was and Nepos’ predilections were already the subject of much conjecture.

“Ready the men please, we are moving in.”

Back
Top Bottom