The Whip

Go to CruxDreams.com
What is peculiar in Portugal was not the use of judicial whipping, which was common over the entire world and is still used in mani countries, but the use of whipping posts which are not a simple pole but made of stone and sometimes are really pieces of art with sculptures and decoration. Of course in the colonies also simple poles were used. Here some old engravings or pictures mainly from Brazil:

Attachments

• 01-Castigo_impuesto_a_un_mulato.png
    01-Castigo_impuesto_a_un_mulato.png
    849 KB · Views: 439
  • 02-Rugendas_in_Brazil.jpg
    02-Rugendas_in_Brazil.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 330
  • 03-Black_punishment_at_Rio_Janeiro,.jpg
    03-Black_punishment_at_Rio_Janeiro,.jpg
    535.4 KB · Views: 328
  • 04-Punition_de_Fouet.jpg
    04-Punition_de_Fouet.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 329
Of course, for real slaves the SSC rule was not existing. It was not consensual for sure and safe&sane only if the high investment needed to buy a slave and the necessity to keep him/her in working conditions was kept in mind!!! But not always...
Elizabeth Brownrigg, mentioned before, exaggerated "a bit" killing a servant and becaming famous for this...

Attachments

• elizabeth-brownrigg-05.jpg
    elizabeth-brownrigg-05.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 306
  • elizabeth-brownrigg-04.jpg
    elizabeth-brownrigg-04.jpg
    605.9 KB · Views: 330
  • elizabeth-brownrigg-03.jpg
    elizabeth-brownrigg-03.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 343
  • elizabeth brownrigg-01.jpg
    elizabeth brownrigg-01.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 319
... so, at the end, she was hanged for cruelty and murder and her skeleton kept for ??? (if the engraving is correct I don't see a broken neck... was it a short drop?)

Attachments

• elizabeth-brownrigg-10.jpg
    elizabeth-brownrigg-10.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 275
  • elizabeth-brownrigg-executed-for-cruelty-and-murder-hanged-at-tyburn-in-1767-for-servant-mary-...jpg
    elizabeth-brownrigg-executed-for-cruelty-and-murder-hanged-at-tyburn-in-1767-for-servant-mary-...jpg
    432.7 KB · Views: 256
  • The_skeleton_of_Elizabeth_Brownrigg_displayed_in_a_niche_at_Wellcome_V0013496.jpg
    The_skeleton_of_Elizabeth_Brownrigg_displayed_in_a_niche_at_Wellcome_V0013496.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 356
back to my previous "crowded" whipping post: I found this picture of a slave meeting.
OK, they are not chained to a portuguese piece of art and they are not young, slim and nice like professional BDSM models but this is a reason why I like them.
I would really enjoy to whip them all!

Attachments

• 865C512.jpg
    865C512.jpg
    753.1 KB · Views: 402
back to my previous "crowded" whipping post: I found this picture of a slave meeting.
OK, they are not chained to a portuguese piece of art and they are not young, slim and nice like professional BDSM models but this is a reason why I like them.
I would really enjoy to whip them all!
They are not slim but I'd like to whip them all for sure. One by one not all together. :)

Back
Top Bottom