Tortured Women

• Thread starter Deleted member 16647
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
By Slanece. She begged the executioners not to be crucified

d5t9oc1-ac102ad5-a1e3-4bd7-bced-2b8f86a72128.jpg

The last Amazons, defeated, are crucified naked by the Romans, by Slanece

amazon_pascell_crucifix_by_slanece_ddjlri2-fullview.jpg

She was made to choose between being crucified or hanging naked to death upside down, by Slanece

suspense_by_slanece_dc4nv2a-fullview.jpg

Nailed nude on the cross after having been tortured, raped and flogged during deveral days, by Slanece

untitled(3).jpg

Can you tell us more about it ?
"The Pit and the Pendulum" is about a heretic who is sentenced to death by the judges of the Spanish Inquisition. He actually expects that the verdict in the form of the pyre will be carried out immediately. To his astonishment, however, after the verdict he finds himself in a completely dark place, which he does not know whether it is his grave or his prison. By chance, however, he escapes his death when he unsuspectingly discovers a deep shaft in the middle of the room while surveying his pitch-dark dungeon. Recognizing this trap, his observers choose a different way for him to die. Without ever seeing one of his executioners, he is tied to a wooden bench while a razor-sharp pendulum swings closer and closer to his upper body. The room is also now illuminated. When the pendulum is very close above him, he gathers the last of his strength and greases his bonds with the remains of his last meal to lure the rats that are already waiting for his death. This also works, and the rodents bite through the leather straps that only allow him the freedom of movement to bring his left hand to his mouth to eat. Since he also fends off this attempt to end his life, the torturers no longer take any risks. The walls of the dungeon are heated by fire and the room is getting smaller and smaller, eventually cramming it into the shaft in the center of the dungeon. At the last moment, however, he is saved by the French, who are taking the city of Toledo.
That's a short synopsis, as far as I can remember. I read this story about 45 years ago. :smilie-devil:

"The Pit and the Pendulum" is about a heretic who is sentenced to death by the judges of the Spanish Inquisition. He actually expects that the verdict in the form of the pyre will be carried out immediately. To his astonishment, however, after the verdict he finds himself in a completely dark place, which he does not know whether it is his grave or his prison. By chance, however, he escapes his death when he unsuspectingly discovers a deep shaft in the middle of the room while surveying his pitch-dark dungeon. Recognizing this trap, his observers choose a different way for him to die. Without ever seeing one of his executioners, he is tied to a wooden bench while a razor-sharp pendulum swings closer and closer to his upper body. The room is also now illuminated. When the pendulum is very close above him, he gathers the last of his strength and greases his bonds with the remains of his last meal to lure the rats that are already waiting for his death. This also works, and the rodents bite through the leather straps that only allow him the freedom of movement to bring his left hand to his mouth to eat. Since he also fends off this attempt to end his life, the torturers no longer take any risks. The walls of the dungeon are heated by fire and the room is getting smaller and smaller, eventually cramming it into the shaft in the center of the dungeon. At the last moment, however, he is saved by the French, who are taking the city of Toledo.
That's a short synopsis, as far as I can remember. I read this story about 45 years ago. :smilie-devil:
Thanks to remind about the "Pit and Pendulum"... actually the idea was used also for some SM movies.
Here a few snapshots I took from one just found on the web:
pendulum1.jpgpendulum2.jpgpendulum3.jpgpendulum4.jpgpendulum5.jpgpendulum6.jpgpendulum7.jpgpendulum8.jpg

Thanks for the explanation !

Thanks for the explanation !
Here's the story (with even explanations of possibly unfamiliar words!)

https://poestories.com/read/pit

And a trailer for a preposterously hammed-up film with Vincent Price!

another, later, film with rather more fun and games in the torture chamber, but even less connection with Poe's original:

Vincent Prince is one of the horror aristocrats. The versatile villain without a doubt. Years later, from the Pit and the Pendulum, he did a monologue on this work by Poe, and a couple of years after the film, Price himself parodied himself in the pendulum scene, I think I remember. And as for Barbara Steel, she is considered the queen of European terror. The unforgettable opening scene of THE MASK OF THE DEMON by Mario Bava.

Back
Top Bottom