Trailer Park Trixie's Torment, Part II - Singapore

Go to CruxDreams.com
Secretarial Pool, U.S. Embassy, Singapore, 1:15 PM

Trixie was sitting at her computer, typing up several forms to help out Karen, who's been overloaded with work. As she cheerfully typed away, John Alberts came up to her desk.
“Ms. Thomson?” The shy man couldn’t bring himself to address this gorgeous redhead by her first name.
“Yes, Mr. Alberts?”
"Minister Burnside has decided on your assignment. Beginning tomorrow, you will be working as the legal secretary to Jeffrey Hodges, Counsel."
"Oh, thank you, Mr. Albert," Trixie said with genuine enthusiasm for her first legal secretary posting. She tried to ignore Joan and Karen and a few others of the girls behind Alberts, giving thumbs up and other expressions of triumph for her with the ever-desired Mr. Hodges.
"When you come in tomorrow, go to the legal offices on the second floor. You know where they are, don't you?"
“Oh, Yes. I’ve been shown that floor. Thank Mr. Burnside and tell him I’ll make you and him proud!” She jumped up and shook his hand.
John blushed slightly at the contact. "Naturally. We have great confidence in you. Feel free to go home for the day now and prepare for tomorrow."
"Oh, I'll just stay for a while, if I may. I'm helping out some of the others with their work."
"As you wish," said Alberts, turning away and walking out. He was impressed by Trixie's selfless desire to help her co-workers.

The moment the Second Minister had cleared the room, there was a cry of female excitement throughout the pool, and the girls flocked around Trixie, congratulating her on being "fixed up" with the "adorable Jeffrey." Much good-natured kidding of what it would be like to work "under" the male sex object of the Embassy followed. Trixie just blushed charmingly and coyly denied any personal interest in the man. Soon she insisted on getting back to work, helping Karen.

Reception, Legal Counsel Section, U.S. Embassy, Thursday, April 4, 2019, 8:40 AM
Marge Steadman, the receptionist of the Legal Counsel Section of the Embassy, was at her desk early as usual. Her job at reception was relatively light, with few visitors coming to see the lawyers. She helped with some clerical tasks in the section, though most of these required trained legal secretaries. She also helped Clarisse, the receptionist for the far busier Visa Section next door. But in the main, Marge just sat and did little. She had worked out an agreement with Second Minister Alberts to take several long breaks during the day in exchange for being at her desk not later than 8:15 in the morning and leaving no earlier than 5:30 at night. This arrangement pleased Marge, a compulsive window shopper.

Alberts had told Marge that the new legal secretary for Mr. Hodges, Beatrix Thomson, would be reporting this morning. She had seen the girl a few times earlier this week. Like most, she was taken aback by her stunning beauty and almost exhibitionist dress style. But Marge was a friendly, easy-going woman and refused to judge Trixie, as everyone called her until she'd gotten to know her.
As Marge thought this, the elevator opened, and Beatrix Thomson stepped out and turned toward her desk. Her outfit didn't surprise. The matching, kelly-green jacket and tight, short skirt showed the girl's hourglass figure off to perfection and contrasted nicely with her bright mane of strawberry blonde hair. Her three-inch heels clicked on the marble floor as she walked shyly up to the desk.
Marge, ever the friendly receptionist, took the lead. She rose and extended her hand, “You must be Beatrix. I’m Marge Steadman, the receptionist. We are so glad to have you here.” her voice and body language conveyed her sincere welcoming attitude.
"Thank you so much," returned Trixie with equal enthusiasm. "I am just thrilled to be here to work for Mr. Hodges. Would you please call me Trixie? That's what I've always been called."
"Trixie, then it is," said Marge, gesturing to the chair opposite. Trixie sat, and the two outgoing women began talking.

It only took a couple of minutes before Marge fell in love with this simple girl from Branchwater, Alabama. Unlike so many young women who joined the foreign service and came to a post like Singapore, it seemed that Trixie wasn't fishing for a husband or ruthlessly determined to squash all opposition as she climbed the Department ladder. She just seemed enthusiastic to learn all she could to do her job well.
As they talked and Marge stared at the girl's pretty, freckled face and full bosom, the receptionist wondered exactly how Jeff Hodges would take to her.

9. Reception, Legal Counsel Section, Thursday, April 4, 2019, 8:46 AM

Marge had the opportunity to observe more closely the young attorney. She did not subscribe to the theory of Hodges as a saint, devoted to his wife and never noticing another female. It was true that he seemed to love his wife, Kathy, dearly. When they first came to Singapore, Jeffrey could talk of little else than his sweet, coy bride. However, over two months ago, her pregnancy had led to constant morning sickness, requiring almost continual attention from her husband when he was home. The stress of spending hours, often into the early morning, nursing his wife and cleaning up the vomit, day-after-day, and week-after-week, had weighed heavily on the young man. Marge also suspected that Kathy's illness meant that little if any marital relations were occurring. Jeff often reported passing out on the couch to get a little sleep away from the disturbing sickness.

True, Marge was unaware of any action on Hodges's part that involved infidelity. However, she had observed that he now was much more aware of an attractive young woman than when he first had come to the Republic. He certainly had taken a strong interest in the Moore woman that he represented, and he talked about her in terms more affectionate than professional at times. Marge had never met Barb, but from Jeffrey's description, she must be quite a looker. Recently, Jeff had constantly mooned over his cute little intern, Amanda Jones. But Marge didn't think the sincere, sweet cheerleader Amanda would willingly compromise a married man. She wondered what his reaction would be to this new secretary with killer looks.

He certainly had taken a strong interest in the Moore woman that he represented, and he talked about her in terms more affectionate than professional at times. Marge had never met Barb, but from Jeffrey's description, she must be quite a looker. Recently, Jeff had constantly mooned over his cute little intern,
mooned???? My tight little? Never!

10. Reception, Legal Counsel Section, Thursday, 8:57 AM

After getting to know the new girl, Marge felt she should let her know about what had been going on with Hodges during the last day.
“Trixie, I need to tell you what is going on these days with Mr. Hodges, so you will be able to support his work.”
“Oh, Marge. I would be so grateful if you did!”
Marge proceeded to lay out the story of Barbara Moore, whom Hodges represented. Trixie was aghast at the idea that an American tourist, even though somewhat bitchy, could be arrested for gum-chewing and end up on death row. Marge explained that the Supreme Court should decide Barbara's appeal this week. Trixie resolved to pray for a favorable outcome. But then Marge revealed that Moore was scheduled for a brutal prison caning the very next day. Jeffrey would have to go, and Marge was concerned that it might disturb him deeply. Trixie nodded in sympathy.

Then Marge broke the story of how the intern. Amanda Jones had been assaulted just this last Monday and sent to the hospital. That is why Mr. Burnside has expedited Trixie's assignment since Jeffrey was now without an assistant.
“I’ll do everything I can to help him at this difficult time,” swore the new secretary. "I pray Ms. Jones recovers quickly."
“I’m sure you will,” replied Marge, totally believed the girl. “But I’m afraid there is worse.”
“Oh no!” said Trixie.
"Yesterday, Amanda Jones was arrested by the CNB, the Central Narcotics Bureau. Jeffrey only found out when he visited the hospital in the mid-afternoon. He hurried back here and called central police bookings about four PM, but they couldn't tell him anything and just referred him to the CNB."
“Oh, how terrible for him – and Amanda, of course!"
“It was. You should have seen how frantic Jeff was. By the time I was able to get him through to the Deputy Director of the CNB, it was almost 5 PM. But then the Deputy was on an important call, and his secretary said he would call back as soon as possible."
“So Mr. Hodges had to wait, knowing nothing of what was happening to his intern? That is horrible!”
"Precisely. Jeffrey was climbing the walls before he got the callback."
“The poor man,” said Trixie. “How could he possibly stand it?”
“I don’t know. But I can tell you it took a lot out of him.”
“I’ll bet.” Trixie’s kind heart was already going out to this man she’d never met or seen.

11. Reception, Legal Counsel Section, Thursday, 9:09 AM

Marge continued the story, "Finally, just before 5:30, the Deputy called back. I usually leave at that time, but since Jeffrey, I mean Mr. Hodges, had no assistant, I stayed in case he needed any help."
“You are a good person, Marge. He was lucky to have you here.”
"Oh, I don't know. I felt it was my job." But Marge's estimate of Trixie kept climbing.
"Anyway, he learned that Amanda was arrested on a drug charge. Hodges feels there is no case, but the CNB can hold a suspect without their lawyer seeing them for several days under the stringent drug laws. The earliest Hodges could arrange to see Amanda was Monday."
“Oh my God! How horrible! That doesn’t seem fair!”
"Yes, but I guess it's the law. At least it’s what the Deputy said and Mr. Hodges accepted it.”
“And he’s the lawyer,” said Trixie admiringly.
“I’m sure that you can imagine how Jeffrey felt. But he got the personal assurance of the Deputy that he would look after her while she was in custody, 'Like his own daughter,' he said."
"Did that make Jeffrey - Mr. Hodges feel better?
"A bit. I left at six, but the night staff told me he spent at least another hour in the law library researching the case. I suspect he didn't get home until very late. He will probably be late this morning."
"Damn!" said Trixie, who immediately apologized. "I'm sorry for the language," Marge smiled reassuringly. This girl's heart was in the right place.
"But I wish I had been there to help him."
“I’m sure you will be a big help over the next few days, dear,” said Marge putting her hand on the arm of the sweet girl. “He will need a lot of help.”
"And he'll get it!" said Trixie, standing. "So, where is my desk? I want to be ready for whatever he needs when he gets here."

This is well done, even when we know some of the story already, it still holds our attention.
I am very pleased to hear you say that. It is precisely my worry about this story and its position. I am telling Trixie's story from Branchwater to Turkey. I must include her brief time in Singapore both for clarity and continuity (especially for those who may not have read the Singapore Saga). I am trying to keep it interesting to those who may be very familiar with the Saga by telling it from Trixie's point of view, which was not much done in the Saga. I shall make every effort to keep up your interest, but there will be limited action. Since Trixie was only ten days in Singapore and often not the center of the plot, it will be short (at least for my stories).

Breaking News!: Tomorrow, our little Trixie gets to meet the delectable, Jeffrey Hodges, Esq.
Jeffrey might prove a bit of a disappointment

12. Jeffrey Hodges Secretary’s Desk, Thursday, 10:05 AM
Trixie had her desk as organized as possible with no guidance yet from her boss. She had her head down, studying and taking notes as fast as she could from a book she'd gotten from the Embassy Law Library: Criminal Procedures in Drug Cases in the Republic of Singapore.
Even as she read the densely worded descriptions of defendants' rights in such cases, Thomson kept her ears open for the sound of her boss's arrival. A little after ten, she heard the elevator doors open. Marge cheerfully said, "Good Morning, Mr. Hodges. I hope you are better today."
A smooth, slightly sad voice responded, "Thank you, Marge. Yes, a little better. Your bright greetings always help."
"Oh. I'm so glad, sir. Your new secretary is waiting for you at her desk, Trixie Thomson."
“Thank you, Marge.”
Trixie stood from respect to greet her new boss.

Trixie was used to most men, on meeting her, becoming speechless and embarrassed. However, this was the first time the opposite happened. This time, it was that Trixie who was thrown totally for a loop. She was stunned at her first sight of Jeffrey Hodges. Think of a twenty-seven-year-old Brad Pitt, but with more sweet boyish charm. As he came around the glass-block semi-privacy wall, he looked at Trixie with his pale blue eyes and mumbled, "Hello." For the first time in her life, Trixie wanted to melt into a man's arms.
Jeffrey Hodges was tall (6'2") with an athlete's body – broad shoulders, solid biceps, thighs, but a narrow waist and delicate hands. His sandy hair was a bit long for a lawyer and seemed perpetually tousled. Though beardless, it looked as if he might have missed this morning's attention.
Jeffrey was wearing what Trixie would learn was his signature outfit, a white, open-necked linen shirt, an off-white linen suit, and white-buck shoes. The tailored outfit complimented his fair complexion and strong physique, though it appeared slightly wrinkled as if he hadn't bothered to hang up his suit last night. When he flashed Trixie a welcome smile, his white, even teeth sparkled, as did his pale blue eyes with slight laugh wrinkles at the corners. In the first instant that she beheld Hodges, Trixie understood all the fuss that the other girls had made over him. Damn! Why did he have to be happily married?

"Good Morning, Mr. Hodges," said Trixie a bit awkwardly as she extended her hand. "I'm Trixie, and I'm so glad to be working for you!" The girl regretted that she might have sounded too enthusiastic, somewhat like a high school cheerleader.
"Good Morning, Trixie. We're glad to have you aboard. Excuse me for being a bit unkempt. Yesterday was hell, and I slept little last night. My wife is pregnant and going through terrible morning sickness – even at midnight!"
“No problem, sir. I’m here to help. What can I do?”
"Let me get settled in the office for a minute, and I'll have some work for you. In the meantime, would you be a dear and get me a large mug of black coffee with one sugar? Sorry to ask a professional like you, but -."
"No problem at all, sir," chirped Trixie. "You go in, and I'll have it right along."

Jeffrey smiled wearily but sweetly and headed to his office. He did turn for a moment to observe Trixie hurrying off to the coffee bar, her heels clicking quickly on the hard floor and her beautiful ass wiggling in her tight skirt.

13. Hodges Office, U.S. Embassy, Thursday, 1:05 PM

When Trixie had returned with the large mug of coffee, she'd found Jeffrey sitting at his desk and staring out the window. Poor man, she thought, he carries these worries so personally!
Trixie set the mug down on a coaster and snapped to her expectant secretary stance. She's modeled this on how she'd seen soldiers standing wanting orders from their officer. Straight, feet slightly spread, hands behind, resting on her ass, eyes straight forward. Trixie had never noticed, but this also served to show off her figure and especially thrust out her lovely bust.

“What can I do to help,” she asked as her boss continued to stare blankly at the world outside.
“Oh, Yes, Trixie. Excuse me. I have much on my….mind," Jeffrey said, looking back. The end of his sentence was interrupted as he caught the sight of his secretary in such an obedient posture. Then he got his thoughts together.
"Can you help me with some research? I'm too distracted to do it myself right now. Are you acquainted with how to use a law library?"
Yes sir!" responded the girl with enthusiasm," One of my best courses at the Institute."
"Good, good," Hodges was surprised and pleased with her evident desire to help. "Please get out of our Library the volume, Criminal Procedures in Drug Cases in the Republic of Singapore. The book is heavy and dense but might contain something that will help Amanda - I mean Ms. Jones, my intern. Anything – the smallest details from arrest and holding procedures to rules of evidence. Anything might help. I will be tied up tomorrow, but we have until Monday morning to be prepared. As soon as you leave here, get it and get to work. And don't worry about how much you get done. I doubt if you'll get through a tenth by the end of the day."
Trixie smiled and said, "I will do my best, Mr. Hodges." She smiled because she was already over a tenth through the book with substantial notes transcribed.

The girl went right to work and plowed rapidly through the dense legal statures and rules. She waited until Jeffrey went out for lunch at midday to run down to the cafeteria and grab a bologna sandwich and soda to go. In less than ten minutes, she was back at her desk, munching the sandwich as she read the book.
At one-fifty, Hodges returned and greeted her absent-mindedly and went into his office. There he sat and stared at multiple pieces of paperwork but could not concentrate on any.

At two-twenty, the phone rang, and Trixie answered in her cheerful voice. The person on the other end introduced herself as Dr. Chunhua Liú from Changi prison. Trixie told Jeffrey, who immediately took the call.

At about three, Jeffrey came out of his office with his briefcase. He explained to Trixie that he was going home to freshen up and change and then go to a business dinner with Dr. Liú concerning Barbara Moore. If anyone called for him, Trixie was only to say that he was out on business. The same for his wife ("I hate to worry her with details of what I do, given her delicate condition," said Jeff with a look of concern). Tomorrow, he probably wouldn't be in until noon after Barbara Moore's caning.

Trixie expressed sincere sympathy for her fellow American, and Jeff thanked her for her concern. He told her she could leave at four-thirty and be in the following day at nine.

Trixie couldn't believe that Hodges, exhausted from the prior day's gut-wrenching events, would agree to a late business dinner today. His dedication to his clients was incredible!

Trixie stayed working until almost six and was proud to be almost halfway through the mighty tome.

How awful that such a delightful, hard-working girl like Trixie should find herself in a story where we all believe she is in merciless peril when she reaches Turkey.

Here hoping President Erdogan recognises a good legal secretary when he sees one, and he gives her a job in the Turkish Embassy in Washington.

14. U.S. Embassy, Singapore, Friday, 1:24 PM

Trixie was at her desk before eight-thirty the following day, pouring over the Criminal procedures book. She promised herself that she would finish it and have her notes typed to Mr. Hodges before the weekend.
Only taking breaks to refill her coffee and visit the ladies' room, Trixie worked constantly. A little after ten, she looked at the clock. The 'reception' before the caning was from ten to eleven. A reception to entertain guests before that barbaric act. Trixie found the idea hard to believe. She felt a lump in her throat for Mr. Hodges, who had to attend. She was beginning to have strong feelings for the handsome attorney. It was not only his rugged good looks that attracted her but his brilliant mind and kind heart. She still couldn't believe that he was out half the night before working for Barbara with Dr. Liú before going in to witness the horrific punishment this morning.

As Trixie saw the clock approach noon, she gave a sad little sigh. Jeffrey had told her that Barbara Moore's punishment would begin at noon. The girl simply couldn't imagine how terrible it must be at this very moment inside of the prison. How Jeffrey must be suffering, watching his client be caned. Trixie upbraided herself for allowing a distraction. She buried her nose back in the book.
A while later, Trixie came to the section of "Booking Periods." While Singapore afforded many rights to the accused similar to British or American standards, many were tilted more to favor the police. This was in keeping with the passionate commitment of the Republic to 'Law and Order.'
After a formal arrest, the police could hold a prisoner for 48 hours before allowing a visit by family or attorneys, 'during regular hours.' In Amanda Jones' case, that would have been this afternoon, Trixie thought. However, extra leeway was available to the CNB for drug cases. The Booking Period extended to 96 hours. That would have been 2:30 PM Sunday. But that was not 'regular hours.' Therefore, Jeffrey had been granted an appointment to see Amanda at 10:30 Monday morning. My God, the girl thought, no wonder Mr. Hodges was suffering so much. He must be going crazy with the waiting. Not to mention having to observe the caning today!

As tears of sympathy for her boss moistened her eyes, Trixie heard the elevator doors open. A moment later, Jeffrey walked in, heading for his office. His face was ashen, and he stared blankly ahead.
“Are you OK, Mr. Hodges,” she asked in a concerned voice.
"Just a little shaken, thank you, Trixie," he answered absentmindedly. He glanced at the pretty young woman with gorgeous strawberry-blond hair and a fair complexion sprinkled with freckles. She was beautiful, he thought. Standing above her desk, he could almost look down her low-cut top at her swelling breasts. "I'll be fine soon. Could you get me a cup of coffee? Black?" He struggled to look Trixie in the eye and not at those magnificent globes.
“Of course, Mr. Hodges.” She jumped up and turned toward the break room. Even preoccupied, Jeffrey did notice her tight little ass in a very close-fitting pink skirt. With a sigh, he opened his office door and entered
When Trixie brought the coffee, Hodges was again staring blankly out the window. “Will there be anything else, sir?” she asked.
"No, thank you, Trixie," Jeffrey said, looking back at the sexy girl. "I just need a moment to compose myself. There's been no word from the Appeal's Court?"
“No, sir.”
"It should come this afternoon. If it's a phone call, please put it through immediately. The same if it's an envelope. Bring it personally right to my desk"
"Of course, Mr. Hodges. I’m sure it will be good news. You have done so much for Ms. Moore."
“You think so?" Jeffrey asked, looking at his secretary with a shy, boyish smile. "I worry that I haven't done nearly enough." Despite all the distractions, Hodges did not fail to again notice Trixie's low-cut bodice showing him the top of her fair breasts dotted with freckles. Her waist was so tiny and her hips so flared and womanly! Lord! She's a sexy young woman! He thought.

Trixie’s heart went out to this intellectual yet unassuming man. She would do anything for him, she thought. The girl quietly retreated and closed the door softly behind her. She felt love welling up for this sweet, sensitive man!

I have been watching this thread since the outset and can only apologise for my absence. A marked lack of notifications did not trigger a concern in my oft-filled-with-so-many-distractions mind until a short while ago. It is however, a very enjoyable experience 'binging' on multiples chapters at once ...
Beginning tomorrow, you will be working as the legal secretary to Jeffrey Hodges, Counsel
Such an implication in so few words ...
the girl's pretty, freckled face and full bosom, the receptionist wondered exactly how Jeff Hodges would take to her.
She did? Really?
Marge was concerned that it might disturb him deeply.
But somehow the redoubtable Mister Hodges found the strength to endure from somewhere ...
"And he'll get it!" said Trixie, standing. "So, where is my desk? I want to be ready for whatever he needs when he gets here."
Young Trix is sooooo from the Amanda Jones school of Girl Guiding ... so loyal, so committed ...
Think of a twenty-seven-year-old Brad Pitt, but with more sweet boyish charm
Given what we know of his impressionable incompetence then I struggle with seeing Jeffrey in this image ...
As tears of sympathy for her boss moistened her eyes,
Oh please reserve just a drop or two for the poor victim here too ...

Contemplation.jpeg

Trixie contemplating her first day as the 'charge' of Mister Jeffrey Hodges Esq ...

She still couldn't believe that he was out half the night before working for Barbara with Dr. Liú before going in to witness the horrific punishment this morning
Nothing like mixing business with pleasure, right Hodges? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom