Tributes to Zerosen

Go to CruxDreams.com
It's not often I get to thank the person responsible for creations like this one. I have long since thanked Medooza (medxo) for his talent and amazing skill recreating these classics. You certainly picked of of the best artists to commission them.
Thank you, and very much looking forward to the next one.

May be Zerosen faked himself some of his works by lack of time ?
Unlikely! The changes are either in a different drawing style, or they’re bits of other zerosen drawings pasted in with photoshop. In one case, the drawing was cropped to remove the copyright mark; in another, the copyright mark was laboriously removed and the background pencil texture repaired using the clone tool. There’s no way this was done by zerosen, or with his permission. :rolleyes: (The same has been done to my work sometimes too):doh:. But thank you for presenting them side by side, it makes comparison easier!:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was trying to guess which one of these was the original, as these two both show signs of digital alteration.. turns out they are both fakes, here’s the original (MUCH better in my opinion :D
BBB63AA9-9A1C-4A5D-9425-3C3D994BCE61.jpeg
I always wonder what goes through people’s heads when they do this…
“I love Zerosen’s drawings so much! So I’m gonna change them…” :doh: The changes are rarely (if ever) improvements, and not really tributes…. How very different from @gerembeau ’s commission with medxo , a fascinating project, and a real tribute to Zerosen. :D

I was trying to guess which one of these was the original, as these two both show signs of digital alteration.. turns out they are both fakes, here’s the original (MUCH better in my opinion :D
View attachment 1140670
I always wonder what goes through people’s heads when they do this…
“I love Zerosen’s drawings so much! So I’m gonna change them…” :doh: The changes are rarely (if ever) improvements, and not really tributes…. How very different from @gerembeau ’s commission with medxo , a fascinating project, and a real tribute to Zerosen. :D
I don't know either. To me it is extremely disrespectful to alter anyone's original work. It's almost like you're saying "I can make it better", or "you should have done it this way". Like you said it's never an improvement, and unless you're willing to ignore copyrights, you can't put your name on it anyway. So what's the point.

While on this subject... did you ever have contact with him, Monty?

With Zerosen? No.. :confused:
I exchanged a few emails with him back about 20 years ago while on one of the old yahoo groups. We had a mutual interest in fighter planes from ww2. At that time he was no longer drawing torture scenes, and said he likely wouldn't be in the future. He said he had to stop because doing that type of artwork was too exciting and was hard on his heart. I don't know if he was joking, or serious. I never contacted him after that, and I kept that email address confidential as he requested. Don't have any other information about him.

I cannot pick a favorite from all of his art, but this one is close to the top.
zer057.jpg

Ok more unfinished works of our iconic artist -:). For Wulf, he told me once he met Georges Pichard himself in their publishing house, when he made a book "laura's fantasms".

Attachments

• Bild 216.JPG
    Bild 216.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,099
  • Bild 213.JPG
    Bild 213.JPG
    168 KB · Views: 1,112
  • Bild 212.JPG
    Bild 212.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 1,123
  • Bild 211.JPG
    Bild 211.JPG