Two-factor authentication

Go to CruxDreams.com

Migoz2

Senator
Two-factor authentication seems to have been turned on this morning. It is very hit-and-miss - emails don't always arrive (and at least one member isn't getting them at all), and then the code doesn't work. I have logged out and back in again. I got back in at least the third time of asking.

**Edited to add: the 'Start Conversation' button has also disappeared.

Last edited:
Well the code is set to last only 15 mins, depending on what email provider you are using it can take some minutes to show up and then you may need to poke around in all the dark recesses of spam/junk filtering, at least I got a warning on it that it was classified as possible spam. So it can be a bit of a pain. Once you do get in it's best to make sure you do what's suggested - save those 'backup codes'

I am a little worried that this will curtail access for some of our less technologically adept members. I did have some issues with 2FA on my computer. I am concerned that this will escalate though; if I can spoof a phone number, she can too! At the very least this is a strong solution to the perceived sockpuppet problem.

The ban on new chats fortunately won't affect me that much, since I have made an effort to have DMs with like... everyone on the site, including you, already.

Also, is no one saying Melissa? Are y'all damnatio memoriae-ing her ass? We know it's her...

This may be the end for me. I cannot get into my google account on this computer without adding a phone number. I do not want that much connection to me for everything I do on the internet, which is why I have a second email account and computer. When my other computer gets this requirement for two step verification to everything, I may be out. I am not sure why we need two step verification to every website. To me it is a little too much "Big Brother".

So..... if I "dissappear" you all will know why.

MH

This may be the end for me. I cannot get into my google account on this computer without adding a phone number. I do not want that much connection to me for everything I do on the internet, which is why I have a second email account and computer. When my other computer gets this requirement for two step verification to everything, I may be out. I am not sure why we need two step verification to every website. To me it is a little too much "Big Brother".

So..... if I "dissappear" you all will know why.

MH
And this is what I was worried about. Where else can we connect? Deviantart? That was a sinking ship years ago. Spoof a phone number, there should still be services for that.

Any chance that 2FA could be dropped for a while? As noted above it was dropped in unannounced and at least some members cannot currently get in. At least f folks knew it was coming they would have a chance to proof their accounts ready.

In fact it would make sense to have a member of staff assigned to helping with those accounts that struggle.

I had no trouble getting in but was this change announced prior to being implemented?

This site is now more secure than the Bank of Pirate Cay...

I did notice that once in, you will not need two factor for the next 30 days
Or the next forced refresh, whichever comes first!

OK this has been a severe pain in the arse that's taken me all damn morning to (partially) sort out, so we'll start off by venting some spleen...

FUCK YOU MELISSA

YOU STILL NEVER EXPLAINED WHY YOU EXTENDED MY ONE-MONTH BAN BY AN EXTRA TWO MONTHS YOU FUCKING COWARD

OK, now that we've got the pleasantries out of the way, I have a major problem;

This is my backup account, only to be used in emergencies - such as today's (sudden and unannounced) introduction of 2FA, which means that I cannot access the forum any longer using my main account (Darkprincess69) because the email linked to that account is no longer active. Please could one of the current admins contact me by PM so that we can get my proper account back up and running so that I won't have to screw around with this silly backup one...

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom