Upcoming Crux Scenes

Go to CruxDreams.com

gjpain

Governor
I decided to start this thread in order to get noted with the possibility of crucifixion (or other forms of historical execution) scenes to upcoming tv-series/ movies.
So here is my list:

1) BRITANNIA season 3
Britannia_TV_Series-849533225-large.jpg
I think this show has the most chances to present a cruel execution.
So far the writters are able to depict violent scenes and they dont hesitate to present taboo scenes (incest, rape, lesbian, nude).
Furthermore its a show with Romans and has proven that the directors arent afraid of killing main characters so if they decide to create such a scene they will make it very detailed.
One more reason I believe in this show is because in 2nd season a beautiful actress was condemned to be flayed alive, though the directors had to select one between some wonderful choises
Screenshot_7.pngScreenshot_8.pngScreenshot_9.png
My estimation: 35%

2) The witcher
AAAABXg51hE-1qoRnsNu2KdKAQfL8k29HTDk1-gLyCyZIFNNuL3VwamMY2Xvd5YBIoWr2RfneGv4WHwVoovnVmNmwNVFuFIQ.jpg
The only reason that i give in this show a chance to present something of our taste is the impalement scene from the video game.
aA38DO0_700b.jpg
My estimation: 10%

3) Vikings
vikings_0.jpg
The directors so far have shown us that they are capable to present explict violent scenes and some taboo maters, though the previous seasons didnt depict any gruesome execution scene of women (except some burning alive scenes) so I hope that in the final season we will get what we want.

4) Outlander
MV5BNzE3ZTYxZWYtMjQ1Ny00MzFhLWI1MGMtMDZmMzYwYjc1OWQ0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDA4NzMyOA@@._V1_.jpg
I wouldnt bet much on this show, but still there is a small possibility.
The writters so far have present us very brutal scenes
They are adapting rape and nude scenes in the show quite often from the begging (almost all the main characters have been raped)
Furthermore there was already a (male) crux scene back in season 1.
4bee0c4a13bc38f58deea1c32f99d2b0.jpg
My estimation 5%

5) Barbarians
αρχείο λήψης.jpg
I give in this show some chances to present something "hot" to the next seasons.
One reason is because its a show in which Roman empire is involved
and the second reason because they already presented a "poor" crux scene.
My estimation: 20%

Last edited:
Vikings gave us a crux scene already.
Athelstan.

I know, male crux, but it still happened.
I know, but the show now has left behind the Viking- British war, in the final season it will be a Russian-viking war, which is not bad at all. Both civilizations are very cruel and the fact that Ivar is going to lead the rus army increases the chances.

I've watched the first two seasons of Britannia. Liked it, but I don't recall any naked crux scenes. Some nudity in some of the sex scenes, but not a lot. Well-written, though. Interesting sub-plots.
I am just saying that if the decide to combine cruelty and nudity during the period of Roman empire and the fact they dont get cold feet to present taboo scenes because of "moral" issues we can expect something magnificent in our screen.

2) The witcher
View attachment 917252
The only reason that i give in this show a chance to present something of our taste is the impalement scene from the video game.
View attachment 917253
Sorry to disappoint, there is a zero percent chance that you'll see that scene because the show is NOT adapting the games. It is adapting the books (very poorly, ruining almost everything because the showrunner and writers are absolute trash), which the games are non-canon sequels to and to which Netflix does not have the rights. Do not expect anything good to come from this cinematic abomination.

Last edited:
Sorry to disappoint, there is a zero percent chance that you'll see that scene because the show is NOT adapting the games. It is adapting the books (very poorly, ruining almost everything because the showrunner and writers are absolute trash), which the games are non-canon sequels to and to which Netflix does not have the rights. Do not expect anything good to come from this cinematic abomination.
Never say never... Zero sounds really awful :(

2) The witcher
AAAABXg51hE-1qoRnsNu2KdKAQfL8k29HTDk1-gLyCyZIFNNuL3VwamMY2Xvd5YBIoWr2RfneGv4WHwVoovnVmNmwNVFuFIQ.jpg
aA38DO0_700b.jpg

Sorry to disappoint, there is a zero percent chance that you'll see that scene because the show is NOT adapting the games. It is adapting the books

There is in fact a very short crucifixion scene in the books. It is either during "Baptism of Fire" or "The Tower of the Swallow": While Geralt and his companions are travelling near the frontline of the war, they come across a series of villages raided by the armies and see the horrors of war first-hand. Besides countless burned houses and butchered civilians, it is mentioned that they also discover the dead body of a crucified girl.

There is in fact a very short crucifixion scene in the books. It is either during "Baptism of Fire" or "The Tower of the Swallow": While Geralt and his companions are travelling near the frontline of the war, they come across a series of villages raided by the armies and see the horrors of war first-hand. Besides countless burned houses and butchered civilians, it is mentioned that they also discover the dead body of a crucified girl.
Oh damn, I forgot that!
If only the show was even remotely accurate, we might see that.

It's a good story, but don't go in expecting the crux scenes to be anything but mainstream timidry. Plus, the were still clothed in the books and grpahic novels, so I doubt that they would change that for the miniseries. They might even been one of the weaker parts, but there's no telling. Read the Stand, and then decide if you want to see the show, IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom