Uplifting Thoughts for the Isolated and Depressed in Times of Plague

Go to CruxDreams.com
Glad you liked it. I was wondering what the guy's kinky thoughts were as he stared at the girl's dirndl dress.
View attachment 909507
Gotta love those dirndls!
Try enlarging full size. ;)

Denn meine Gedanken zerreißen die Schranken
und Dirndln entzwei, die Gedanken sind frei!

Because my thoughts pull barriers to pieces
and dirndls apart, thoughts are free!

Last edited:
I nominate it for the CruxForums anthem, it sums up our spirit here so well! :D
Sorry for my ignorance of German language (and who can claim otherwise when it comes to talking about languages with you), but I have to ask.

Is the song about squirrels? :cat:

P.S. I don't know why I felt the sudden urge to write that in purple...

Sorry for my ignorance of German language (and who can claim otherwise when it comes to talking about languages with you), but I have to ask.

Is the song about squirrels? :cat:

P.S. I don't know why I felt the sudden urge to write that in purple...
Of course! (Actually, there are English subtitles)

Tommy Emmanuel always makes me smile when I listen to him playing, so I thought this might belong here:

I don't know too many acoustic guitarists but he is definitely my favourite. He always makes it evident how much he loves what he does when he's playing, and he rarely plays a song the same way twice. His playfulness also shines in this song with that odd out of the key note.

I also love the fact that he didn't play the song that way when he was young. I assume he might have accidentally played a wrong note and just thought "what the heck, it sounds way cooler that way!" then kept on playing like that ever since.

P.S.: While I'm at it, I'm going to post another song of him which I found out recently. It may not be as spectacular or energetic as his other songs, but I found to be quite beautiful - adorable even - and it perfectly matches its title, in my opinion:

Last edited:
Sorry for coming a bit late for my contribution to the Dirndl collection here above but finally, I can combine it with one of the most successful and evergreen German love songs of the last 33 years, covered in some other European languages:
Münchener Freiheit : "Ohne Dich schlaf' ich heut' nacht nicht ein ..."
First the song in its original version of 1987, then the second version combined with Bavarian Dirndls and finally the version of which you can see that almost every German knows this song and its text also 30 years later. So, this is a song after which you could retire when you have the copyrights but the original singer, Stefan Zauner, likes to sing it up to now because it is really fantastic:
"Ohne Dich schlaf' ich heut' nacht nicht ein ... ich geb's offen zu: Das was ich will bist DU!"
= ("Without you, I cannot sleep this night ... I admit it openly: All what I want is YOU!"

Oh, I possibly made a mistake which will make it almost impossible for me to ever visit Austria again because a scientific Dirndl researcher told me in the meantime that the second video of "Ohne Dich" in my posting before was filmed in Graz (Austria), so the Dirndls in that video are much more Austrian than Bavarian Dirndls and I hope I can prevent Austria from declaring a war against Bavaria or against me by apologizing for my terrible mistake.
If you want to know a bit more about Dirndls, there is an interesting article in Wikipedia:

By the way, the unusual location of Marita Sølberg's version of "Solveig's Song" is the "Waldbühne" in Berlin where the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra often played all kinds of music together with many other famous musicians.
Sometimes, they are playing also classic versions of music, you usually would not expect to be played like this following one, but I like this version more than the original sound, which is too "Techno" for me and this performance left the cameras shaking, too:

By the way, the unusual location of Marita Sølberg's version of "Solveig's Song" is the "Waldbühne" in Berlin where the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra often played all kinds of music together with many other famous musicians.
Sometimes, they are playing also classic versions of music, you usually would not expect to be played like this following one, but I like this version more than the original sound, which is too "Techno" for me and this performance left the cameras shaking, too:

A German female Liberace!
1602196095254.png

Oh yes, and I really believe that Germany has become the most "Americanized" country in Europe concerning the arts and the mixture of European culture.
Absolutely impossible to have imagined that 70 years ago but I love this incredible development of Germany.
The Babor family for example is of Hungarian-Romanian-German origin and one of the grandfathers of Valentina Babor founded a cosmetical institute and a cosmetical spa chain in Germany.
There are stories of successful immigrants in this country which could also have happened in the USA and maybe only there.
There might one day be in a few decades an international contest on Earth, which country became the most "a stable country of unlimited possibilities and opportunities" and it will be hard to decide who will be in the first place.

Is there any back story to this song?
It's from Peer Gynt, two different translations from the Norwegian to English, one more plain and one trying to be more dramatically archaic

Both winter and spring may pass me by,
And next summer with them, and the whole year,
But someday you will return, that much I know,
And I shall wait for you, for it was my last promise to you.

May God give you strength, as you move through the world,
May God give you joy, if you stand before Him.
Here will I wait until you come back;
Waiting for you to arrive home, my dear friend!

The winter may pass and the spring disappear,
the summer too will vanish and then the year.
But this I know for certain: thou’lt come back again;
And e’en as I promised, thou’lt find me waiting then.

God help thee, when wand’ring thy way all alone,
God grant thee his strength as thou kneel’st at his throne.
If thou now art waiting in heav’n for me,
O there we’ll meet again love and never parted be!

(The part about 'kneeling at the throne' is closer to the original.)

It's from Peer Gynt, two different translations from the Norwegian to English, one more plain and one trying to be more dramatically archaic

Both winter and spring may pass me by,
And next summer with them, and the whole year,
But someday you will return, that much I know,
And I shall wait for you, for it was my last promise to you.

May God give you strength, as you move through the world,
May God give you joy, if you stand before Him.
Here will I wait until you come back;
Waiting for you to arrive home, my dear friend!
The winter may pass and the spring disappear,
the summer too will vanish and then the year.
But this I know for certain: thou’lt come back again;
And e’en as I promised, thou’lt find me waiting then.

God help thee, when wand’ring thy way all alone,
God grant thee his strength as thou kneel’st at his throne.
If thou now art waiting in heav’n for me,
O there we’ll meet again love and never parted be!

(The part about 'kneeling at the throne' is closer to the original.)
More about Peer Gynt (Ibsen's play and Grieg's music). I am not very good at Scandinavian languages, but the language of poetry is Danish rather than spoken Norwegian.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom