Uplifting Thoughts for the Isolated and Depressed in Times of Plague

Go to CruxDreams.com
Hey P, I just found that video I mentioned. I'm sure you'll agree that these two lovely ladies really know how to please. Be sure to watch it full-screen in order to fully appreciate its entertainment value. And prepare yourself to thank me profusely. :p

I must concede you make some good points there (four, to be precise). Dear Jackie, you never fail to excite me!
However, nothing can top the "Moonlight Sonata" in five-inch heels!

Although Anastasiya Petryshak does possess an uplifting figure, it is her angelic beauty and, of course, the sublime music of Bach that makes this so remarkable. This performance from Milan's gorgeous Basilica sant'Ambrogio. Bach's Third Orchestral Suite in D major, composed in the first half of the 18th century, has an "Air" as second movement, following its French overture opening movement. In 1871, August Wilhelmj, a German violinist, wrote an arrangement of that movement. He transposed down the part of the first violins so that it can be played entirely on a violin's lowest string, i.e., the G string. It is played by a single violin (instead of by the first violins as a group).
Many musically ignorant American teenage boys in times past were excited by the title, thinking it referred to blowing Air onto a stripper's tiny weasel, know as a G-String.
No one knows for sure the origin of the name, though the most common supposition is it was short for groin string. It became popular in the 1930s as the Chicago G-string used by strippers in that city. According to Don Wilmeth, The Language of American Popular Entertainment: A Glossary of Argot, Slang and Terminology (1981): "An especially revealing type of G-string used by strippers which is sewn to an elastic band in a manner that allows "the bauble to fly" and reveal pudendum underneath."
Sounds like something @Jackie1111 would proudly wear!

I must concede you make some good points there (four, to be precise). Dear Jackie, you never fail to excite me!
Rather a lot of legato :p

You probably know that Beethoven never called this sonata "Moonlight", this name was given by one of the critics after the author's death. Beethoven himself called his Sonata No. 14 Sonata quasi una fantasia. The first part (Adagio sostenuto) is not an admiration for the beauty of the moon, but rather a melancholy of unrequited love for the 18-year-old Countess Giulietta Guicciardi, to whom the sonata is dedicated.

Last edited:
I think the Netherlands Bach Society are among the finest present-day performers of his music,
they get a beautiful sound from their baroque instruments, and interpret it ways that seem to me perfectly natural and 'right',
surely close to what Bach intended, without sounding at all academic or affected.

If you haven't yet been bitten by the sea shanty bug, here is the TikTok clip that started it.

And here is one of the augented versions that are popping up everywhere.

A full version will soon be appearing on YouTube, I believe.

In the meantime, Nathan Evans was on Radio 3 In Tune last night at about 6:15pm (1 hour, 15 minutes or so in) if you have access to BBC Sounds.

The full version

Frédéric Chopin: Piano Concerto No. 1 by the lovely Olga Scheps in a lovely red dress. Note how much fun she has in the cascade of notes at the very end!

The piano score is magical, but the orchestral accompaniment seems a bit dry. What can you expect? Chopin was a pianist (perhaps the greatest of all time) and not really an orchestral composer.

Frédéric Chopin: Piano Concerto No. 1 by the lovely Olga Scheps in a lovely red dress. Note how much fun she has in the cascade of notes at the very end!

The piano score is magical, but the orchestral accompaniment seems a bit dry. What can you expect? Chopin was a pianist (perhaps the greatest of all time) and not really an orchestral composer.
I might have posted this before. But - - who gives a fuck!

Back
Top Bottom