Uplifting Thoughts for the Isolated and Depressed in Times of Plague

Go to CruxDreams.com
Unfortunately, he only surrendered the second time, after which he was allowed to take a long-term vacation on the lovely holiday island of St. Helena and that until his death.:devil-king::eek:
Now I'm imagining if Napoleon had been on Twitter......

"I won at Waterloo. Won so big. It was a steal. You'll see. Anyway, I'm going to build a hotel and the best golf course ever on St Helena. Everyone will come here. By the way, I won!"

Maybe this one?

Mhm, still not sure yet, but I think these following examples show more the skills and abilities of this voice - and what made me almost crazy when I was a boy. If I ever had met a woman with such a voice in real life - no matter if she looked good or if she or you are blind, my inner voice probably would have told me: "Get down on your knees and pray and try to ask her if she is already married, because you will never meet someone like her again in your whole lifetime because this voice is unique in 1 billion voices!"

When she sings these words in the following song with a lower voice, it is incredible but I really get goosebumps today evening after so many years: "... radiooo ... loove yooou ... I really dooooo ... "

Oh God, I still really love this voice after so many years!

It is really a pity that human beings with such natural talents often do not become older because the fame is often dangerous for their lifes and the best are always much too young to die.

Sigh! Two more example from this voice which once made me almost crazy by listening to the radio in the 1970's although I did not understand so much English in those days but I knew by heart that this is a very special voice:

Mhm, still not sure yet, but I think these following examples show more the skills and abilities of this voice - and what made me almost crazy when I was a boy. If I ever had met a woman with such a voice in real life - no matter if she looked good or if she or you are blind, my inner voice probably would have told me: "Get down on your knees and pray and try to ask her if she is already married, because you will never meet someone like her again in your whole lifetime because this voice is unique in 1 billion voices!"

When she sings these words in the following song with a lower voice, it is incredible but I really get goosebumps today evening after so many years: "... radiooo ... loove yooou ... I really dooooo ... "

Oh God, I still really love this voice after so many years!

It is really a pity that human beings with such natural talents often do not become older because the fame is often dangerous for their lifes and the best are always much too young to die.

Sigh! Two more example from this voice which once made me almost crazy by listening to the radio in the 1970's although I did not understand so much English in those days but I knew by heart that this is a very special voice:

No one can make the choice for another, but to me, it is important that the singer can sell the lyrics of a great writer (words are important to me - any of you ever read one of my never-ending stories?) Here is Linda in Offenbach, Germany in 1976 delivering an understated but deeply touching version of Warren Zevon's great torch song.

She recorded the song on her third straight million-selling album, Hasten Down the Wind.
1627257466095.png Ronstadt was the first female artist to accomplish this feat.

Zevon paints an incredible picture with only two verses. Picture two young people who've been together a while, sharing their lives. He is still completely in love with her. She is coming to realize that, though she still cares for him, her love is fading. What will they do?

The Lyrics
She tells him she thinks she needs to be free
He tells her he doesn't understand
She takes his hand
She tells him nothing's working out the way they planned
She's so many women
He can't find the one who was his friend
So he's hanging on to half her heart
He can't have the restless part
So he tells her to hasten down the wind

Then he agrees he thinks she needs to be free
Then she says she'd rather be with him
But it's just a whim
By which she hopes to keep him on the limb
She's so many women
He can't find the one who was his friend
So he's hanging on to half her heart
He can't have the restless part
So he tells her to hasten down the wind

Last edited:
Mhm, sorry for interfering but from a (or my) German point of view, Karen Carpenter and Linda Ronstadt were famous even in Germany because of some special songs and I remember a German radio presenter who said once that both were singing special songs and when he heard the songs, he said he simply could not imagine anyone else ever to sing this or that song better than Linda or Karen.
For example, he said that no one in his opinion ever had this special "Wehmut" (= "wistfulness of something what happened in the past") in her voice like Linda Ronstadt when she was singing "Blue Bayou":

And Karen Carpenter simply sang songs which really produced goosebumps on my skin, especially when she went lower with her voice, but at the moment, I just do not remember any more which song that was.
(I should take my night-work-"Alzheimer" more serious in the future, I think. :eek: )
And she was a drummer. (And died from anorexia.)

Beethoven, Cello Sonata No.3 in A major, Op.69 - Inter Lacrimas et luctum (Amid tears and sorrows) - written as La Grande Armée was bombarding Beethovan's beloved Wien. Incredibly uplifting in the midst of tragedy

I was preparing to give up on this thread. The very small, but very loyal following notwithstanding, I wondered whether the original purpose of comforting the pandemic isolated was still viable. Perhaps, I should just let it go.

Then, yesterday, I received a PM from a newer member who has distress and pressure and wanted to thank me for the uplifting music. WoW!

Here is a beautiful piece

Are you depressed? Shut up in darkness with no hope to cling to? Does this describe your world?
"fast falls the eventide; the darkness deepens;"
"When other helpers fail and comforts flee,"
"Swift to its close ebbs out life's little day;
Earth's joys grow dim; its glories pass away;
Change and decay in all around I see;"

Then abide here for a while

Your thread here is one of the best I have ever seen in all of the internet in my whole life!

Although I am afraid, the future will not be so nice as we all are hoping, threads like this one will be very "useful" and "necessary" for many if not all of us in the future.

And although we human beings are intelligent enough to see the dangers of the future, we most probably are not doing the right things to help ourselves.

But what makes the difference between us and other beings on this planet: We can "hope".

There is a German saying or "quotation" which is attributed to Martin Luther, but it can not have been said by him for different reasons.
In spite of this wrong quotation's "history", the pure idea that this church reformer might have said this, helped many Germans through the very dark times of our German history:

"Auch wenn ich wüsste, dass morgen die Welt unterginge, würde ich heute noch ein Apfelbäumchen pflanzen!“

(= "Even if I knew that tomorrow the world will end, I would still plant today an apple tree!" )

Life will go on even in its darkest days and there is no life possible without hope!

... and this thread gives hope ...

And speaking of great singing voices, how about that Bryan Ferry? I've had a crush on him for many, many years. Partly because of his singing. But also because he's just so gorgeous. I dream of offering my body to him to use for his pleasure. :very_hot:

Mhm, sorry, but my subconsciousness just started to check all opportunities. Bryan Ferry, born in 1945, is now 76 years old. I am a big German fan of his great music and I am 57 years old. When the light is dimmed enough, I was even told to look like Bryan Ferry but unfortunately, I am also starting to lose hair but when the light is dimmed enough ... etc.
What about offering your body to a good-looking German look-alike of Bryan Ferry, who is almost 20 years younger than Bryan and loving his music, too?
;) :popcorn:

Your thread here is one of the best I have ever seen in all of the internet in my whole life!

Although I am afraid, the future will not be so nice as we all are hoping, threads like this one will be very "useful" and "necessary" for many if not all of us in the future.

And although we human beings are intelligent enough to see the dangers of the future, we most probably are not doing the right things to help ourselves.

But what makes the difference between us and other beings on this planet: We can "hope".

There is a German saying or "quotation" which is attributed to Martin Luther, but it can not have been said by him for different reasons.
In spite of this wrong quotation's "history", the pure idea that this church reformer might have said this, helped many Germans through the very dark times of our German history:

"Auch wenn ich wüsste, dass morgen die Welt unterginge, würde ich heute noch ein Apfelbäumchen pflanzen!“

(= "Even if I knew that tomorrow the world will end, I would still plant today an apple tree!" )

Life will go on even in its darkest days and there is no life possible without hope!

... and this thread gives hope ...
I am so glad that this thread speaks to you and to others here. Although we post much music here, it is also the words of prose and poetry that are also vehicles of encouragement. I may have posted this earlier during the many months since this started, but I shall post it again. The incredibly inspired words of St. Paul. In the midst of the Book of Romans, while busy explaining the doctrine of justification, the Holy Spirit inspired him to an impassioned exhortation to those suffering persecution with him.

What then shall we say about these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? Who will bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will trouble, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? No, in all these things we have complete victory through him who loved us!

For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor heavenly rulers, nor things that are present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in creation will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Back
Top Bottom