Uplifting Thoughts for the Isolated and Depressed in Times of Plague

Go to CruxDreams.com
There is this today from CNN. Supposedly today is "Festivus". Too bad the article had to bring in the shrinks. It's better just to kvetch spontaneously-scripts and analysis spoil the effect.

I decided to try to write again. I was feeling bad today. Writing my story and my response to Eul's "How Will You Torture Me?" thread helped me, gave me something active to do.

Thank you to all who expressed their condolences last April when my mother died. It has been a struggle since then, but I think I might make it after all.

I decided to try to write again. I was feeling bad today. Writing my story and my response to Eul's "How Will You Torture Me?" thread helped me, gave me something active to do.

Thank you to all who expressed their condolences last April when my mother died. It has been a struggle since then, but I think I might make it after all.
Thanks to you KvK for saying that. It's good to know that we can help each other here in quite unexpected ways :bdsm-heart:

I don't recall if I answered you, if not please accept my condolences now. I am glad that you have found it in you to start writing again, I know that it helped me in my loss.

From a link in the New York Times, a restored and colorized 1897 snowball fight filmed by the Lumieres in Lyon.

From across time, Joyeux Noël . ;)

It is my favourite also. Strangely, it was not allowed to be performed in the churches of Paris for a number of years after its composition, being deemed to be "too secular"
"Lacking in the correct Christmas spirit" was the hit in the US.

I wonder why the musicians had music on their stands?
My guess is that for the brass instruments the stand is permanently fixed to the instrument and it would look silly to have an empty stand. The conductor and drummer didn't have music. The woodwind players had the music on an armband, but again I guess to give a consistent look.

Does any mounted band manage to get the horses stamping their feet in time to the music?

J Haydn was 64 years old when he wrote a Trumpet Concerto for his friend, the trumpet virtuoso Anton Weidinger.
Especially for my British friends, here is Alison Balsom, renowned as the Trumpet Crumpet, delivering a fine performance with eye-candy accompaniment.

Back
Top Bottom