Uplifting Thoughts for the Isolated and Depressed in Times of Plague

Go to CruxDreams.com
Like every year, my father watched "Dinner for one" on television. At least in Germany, this is a cult in many families on New Year's Eve.

Mhm, there are different versions, even a Swiss one - with the same actors but with a different background filmed in Switzerland as far as I know - and the German "Puritanians" of the "Dinner for One" are watching only this version (psychologists say: because of the hysterical-crazy female laughter in the background of this version),
which was even colored a few years ago for the "more progressive German 'Puritanians' " (!) , which are now certainly no more 'Puritanian' enough for the Black & White addicted conservative German Puritanians of this cult.
;):rolleyes:

By the way: When I watched this YouTube-Video and the Original Version of this song in the background a few days ago, I had the very, very uplifting feeling that I lived the 57 years of my life
exactly in the best of all times in human history,
in the best of all times in European history and
of all times in German history
with the best music
and the best entertaining movies of all times in the whole human history up to now!

Isn't that a wonderful feeling? What a wonderful life I must have had to be able to say and to write this!
It was worth almost every second to live here in this time and in this place!

... and sometimes I like "globalization" because I know 95 % of all these movies and I loved them all!

Renaissance - Forever Changing

Fleesh version

Singers: Annie Haslam (1979) and Gabby Vessoni (2020).

Forever changing
Light and dark horizons
Always turning, moving on
Forever changing
Near and far horizons
And changes take the day
Forever gone

Although this thread is mostly music, it is for any uplifting thoughts. One of my favorites from Paul's letter to the Romans (I had a slight mischievous temptation to post in Roman resources, but thought better of it after sobering up)

What then shall we say about these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? Indeed, he who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all – how will he not also, along with him, freely give us all things? Who will bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. Who is the one who will condemn? Christ is the one who died (and more than that, he was raised), who is at the right hand of God, and who also is interceding for us. Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will trouble, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? No, in all these things we have complete victory through him who loved us!
For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor heavenly rulers, nor things that are present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in creation will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

As many know, I find "sexy" music uplifting. Here is a musical flirtation worth of @Fossy 's Sexpionage .
The man is Russian, the woman is Moldovian

Oh my goodness P, I absolutely loved that. Just the sort of thing that can send a girl into fantasy. I suppose it's no secret that I very much want to strut and dance in such a sexy manner, just like that lovely girl, and do so before an audience. It's a real whopper of a fantasy for me, and frequently accompanies my self-pleasure.

I really needed that, so thank you. Would you believe that just the other day I stumbled upon a video that I just knew you'd enjoy, and of course considered sharing it here. But I was tired and needed to go to bed. Hopefully I will come across it again. :rolleyes:

If you haven't yet been bitten by the sea shanty bug, here is the TikTok clip that started it.

And here is one of the augented versions that are popping up everywhere.

A full version will soon be appearing on YouTube, I believe.

In the meantime, Nathan Evans was on Radio 3 In Tune last night at about 6:15pm (1 hour, 15 minutes or so in) if you have access to BBC Sounds.

If you haven't yet been bitten by the sea shanty bug, here is the TikTok clip that started it.

And here is one of the augented versions that are popping up everywhere.

A full version will soon be appearing on YouTube, I believe.

In the meantime, Nathan Evans was on Radio 3 In Tune last night at about 6:15pm (1 hour, 15 minutes or so in) if you have access to BBC Sounds.

Which of the augmented singers is you?

Another old, authentic shanty

I cannot listen to this song without my spirits being lifted

I gotta admit I’m always glad to see two of my first parentally and socially sanctioned nekkid ladies. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 31BF7A3E-AA4C-4FB8-9EE9-E7FB0EFF0897.jpeg
    31BF7A3E-AA4C-4FB8-9EE9-E7FB0EFF0897.jpeg
    561.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 366C990F-F815-4004-B7E2-5AC5758B52E8.jpeg
    366C990F-F815-4004-B7E2-5AC5758B52E8.jpeg
    978.3 KB · Views: 12
  • FCBD3C5E-48FF-46DC-8B85-36B843475CB6.jpeg
    FCBD3C5E-48FF-46DC-8B85-36B843475CB6.jpeg
    566.4 KB · Views: 11
  • F2F52519-8453-44E5-9F16-93769DEFFF0D.jpeg
    F2F52519-8453-44E5-9F16-93769DEFFF0D.jpeg
    779.2 KB · Views: 10
In these times, you may feel isolated. You may feel alone. You may feel forgotten.

It is never true.

O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me.
Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.
Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

Hey P, I just found that video I mentioned. I'm sure you'll agree that these two lovely ladies really know how to please. Be sure to watch it full-screen in order to fully appreciate its entertainment value. And prepare yourself to thank me profusely. :p

Back
Top Bottom