Victim's Eye View

Go to CruxDreams.com
And here I hang in the scorching midday sun. I allow myself once more to fall forward off the upright of the cross. My long black sweat drenched curls fall down over my sunburnt face. The crowd groan and berate me with their vulgar abuse. They want to see my dance. I won't last long. The nails tear ferociously at my wrists and I scream in pain as they take my weight. Salty sweat and tears fill my eyes. I hold my eyes tightly shut and block out the world. Then I open them slightly. Privately. If they dont see my eyes open they may think I'm dead and stop shouting.
Stones .. little rocks and stones. Ants and other creatures of the soil. An occasional drop of sweat falls from my forehead and splashes damp below me. I hang more. My chin on my chest. Bright red. What is it???
Oh..... its blood....My nailed feet.
nice those feet

feet-nailed-on-tree.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nailed through the wrist, I would think one horror of the Victims's View would be... seeing that hand, once my own, now... since the moment the nail went through, a hideous contorted claw, the immense pain radiating from the wrist up - but in the hand itself, no feeling, no sensation, no control anymore, after the thick square crude, rusty nail has crushed the nerves... it's now just a foreign object, dead alien flesh, a caricature of something that was once part of me, ... and in its deathly rigor a preview of my destiny... only past this thing I can look at those who share my fate, but are unapproachably distant, captured in the torment of their own crosses... only past this thing i can look at those who are marched up the road to meet their fate in turn... and when our eyes meet, they are horrified, because what they see in my eyes is no hope, no defiance, but only the reflection of that what I see in that horrid claw...

Indeed, the "eye view" of the condemned is part of the wider "experience" of terror, pain, fear and humiliation, inflicted by a crucifixion.

Back
Top Bottom