Victim's Eye View

Go to CruxDreams.com
Built a fair number of stalls and run in sheds in my time and never had that problem.

Do we girl's have to teach you guys about carpentry too?

I guess real men went out of fashion with the Roman Legions.

kisses

willowfall
I learned years ago to blunt my nails before driving. Almost never splits the wood.

I did some victim's-eye or near victim's-eye views for most of the scenes as I was doing the renders for Version 2 of "The Serpent's Eye". I'll go through and try to post some that fit this thread, beginning with Sabina carrying her patibulum to the place of execution.

In this one, she's approaching the place of execution, struggling as she's hustled along with Ajax gripping her butt and Hercules dragging her by the chain attached to the iron collar they put on her after her whipping. The first picture is for context, to see the action. There are a couple of others from just behind her head, to see what she would have been seeing.
Sabina Carrying Scene 7b-1_0001.jpgSabina Carrying Scene 7b-7_0001.jpgSabina Carrying Scene 7b-8_0001.jpgSabina Carrying Scene 7b-9_0001.jpg

There is already a man crucified there, hanging in agony, an example of what they are about to do to her. Like him, she will soon be naked and hanging by the nails herself. She is in panic, terrified, digging in her heels, pulling back against the chain, anything to stave off what they are about to do to her.

She falls exhausted in front of her place of execution, her executioner with his hammer and nails in hand waiting to begin standing right in front of her. She leans on her patibulum for support, staring at him. She had dreamed of her execution and what it would be like, but now it's really happening, and she can't wake up.

Sabina Carrying Scene 9b-90_0001.jpgSabina Carrying Scene 9b-57_0001.jpgSabina Carrying Scene 9b-59_0001.jpgSabina Carrying Scene 9b-65_0001.jpgSabina Carrying Scene 9b-87_0001.jpg

The two Nubians begin preparing her to be crucified. Hercules lifts the patibulum off her shoulder while Ajax removes her wrist shackles. It only takes a moment, and while the onlookers, hungry to see this slave girl they don't know nailed to the cross, want them to get on with it, for Sabina it goes much too quickly. And every step in this process takes her closer to the agony that awaits her.

Sabina Carrying Scene 10-9_0001.jpgSabina Carrying Scene 10-93_0001.jpgSabina Carrying Scene 10-94_0001.jpg

The only thing left is her loincloth. As a Roman slave, she knows well that the punishment of crucifixion is designed to be slow, agonizing and humiliating. She will be crucified totally naked. One of the executioner's helpers holds Sabina's arms from behind, turning her to face the crowd. The other takes hold of her loincloth at the side of her hip and pulls it down. She watches helplessly, her hands grasping for the ragged piece of cloth, if only to delay her execution just a little longer.

Attachments

• Sabina Carrying Scene 13-3_0001.jpg
    Sabina Carrying Scene 13-3_0001.jpg
    866.9 KB · Views: 432
  • Sabina Carrying Scene 13-21_0001.jpg
    Sabina Carrying Scene 13-21_0001.jpg
    840.5 KB · Views: 411
  • Sabina Carrying Scene 13-27_0001.jpg
    Sabina Carrying Scene 13-27_0001.jpg
    899.8 KB · Views: 411
  • Sabina Carrying Scene 13-54_0001.jpg
    Sabina Carrying Scene 13-54_0001.jpg