Water Torture

Go to CruxDreams.com

Ducking stool: a former instrument of punishment consisting of a chair in which an offender was tied to be plunged into water.​

Williams Andrews, in his book Old Time Punishments, quotes a 1700 French travel log by a man named Misson who writes:"The way of punishing scolding women is pleasant enough. The afternoon armchair to the end of two beams… They set up a post on the bank of a pond or river and over this post they lay … the two pieces of wood, at one end of which the chair hangs just over the water. They place the woman in this chair and so plunge her into the water as often as the sentenced directs, in order to cool her immoderate heat."
Couple drawing! For the most part, tie the victim to a wide horizontal plank instead of a chair!

Attachments

• cuckingstool.jpg
    cuckingstool.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,245
  • Ducking stool.png
    Ducking stool.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 870
  • ducking-stool.png
    ducking-stool.png
    283.5 KB · Views: 797
  • Ducking 1.png
    Ducking 1.png
    6.5 MB · Views: 782
  • Ducking 2 by_forcemaster.png
    Ducking 2 by_forcemaster.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 723
  • Ducking 2 by_katzenauge1.jpg
    Ducking 2 by_katzenauge1.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 681
  • Ducking 2.jpg
    Ducking 2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 717
  • Ducking by_thejpeger- (2).jpg
    Ducking by_thejpeger- (2).jpg
    472.9 KB · Views: 742
  • Ducking by_thejpeger-.jpg
    Ducking by_thejpeger-.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 786
girls getting wet

water 44436-tVtnweHvxl.gifwater bdsmlr-44436-4Xa2ysIfEx.gifwater Yvonne-Strahovski-Kate-Morgan-Tortured-Water-24-Live-Another-Day-Episode-6.jpgwater 24 copie.jpgwater d89t9ck-4bfd9889-38ae-4ba6-a5f5-4addcec8717e.jpgwaterE724D67.jpgwater 4013bb7f32efb1a3d74ff4510579eaac.jpgwater3096369953.jpg

If the body is stretched in an arc, the pain will be greater! As used by the French, in the early modern age! For Marquise de Brinvilliers!
An illustration and a couple of "followers"!

If the body is stretched in an arc, the pain will be greater! As used by the French, in the early modern age! For Marquise de Brinvilliers!
An illustration and a couple of "followers"!
I read that by book William Fifield back in the 80's (I still have it, btw). It has the most detailed description of a trestle type water torture that I've ever read, even to this day. His masterful description of it was both brutal and arousing. But the 'trestle' device to which she was bound was different than any of the standard types of posts or arching structures I've seen depicted in artwork. It was in two pieces, and involved an open square frame in which she was suspended in an inverted Y, and a sawhorse like rail mounted on legs and set on an angle similar to the square frame. Water would be introduced, then the rail part (or trestle) would be shoved forward pushing her torso forward and upward in a stretched position. More water forced in, then the trestle shoved further in, and so forth. If I understood it correctly, the rail portion pushed the entire torso up while the arms and legs were pulled back and down, stretching the limbs, and increasing the internal pressure of the water being forced in. So not so much the arching of the back itself. Still very effective, I would imagine. I have no idea how accurate the author's version of the torture really is, but it is certainly worth remembering.
Many here may already be familiar with the story, and this part in particular, but perhaps someone may find it worth looking up and reading. Trust me, it's worth it.

Attachments

• 51bd4lIgv+L._SX373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    51bd4lIgv+L._SX373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 657
I read that by book William Fifield back in the 80's (I still have it, btw). It has the most detailed description of a trestle type water torture that I've ever read, even to this day. His masterful description of it was both brutal and arousing. But the 'trestle' device to which she was bound was different than any of the standard types of posts or arching structures I've seen depicted in artwork. It was in two pieces, and involved an open square frame in which she was suspended in an inverted Y, and a sawhorse like rail mounted on legs and set on an angle similar to the square frame. Water would be introduced, then the rail part (or trestle) would be shoved forward pushing her torso forward and upward in a stretched position. More water forced in, then the trestle shoved further in, and so forth. If I understood it correctly, the rail portion pushed the entire torso up while the arms and legs were pulled back and down, stretching the limbs, and increasing the internal pressure of the water being forced in. So not so much the arching of the back itself. Still very effective, I would imagine. I have no idea how accurate the author's version of the torture really is, but it is certainly worth remembering.
Many here may already be familiar with the story, and this part in particular, but perhaps someone may find it worth looking up and reading. Trust me, it's worth it.
can you put out the full description from the book? just tried to watch french series about madame de Brinvilliers, but it doesn't depict any tortures at all

can you put out the full description from the book? just tried to watch french series about madame de Brinvilliers, but it doesn't depict any tortures at all
As a matter of fact I've intend to do that since I discovered I still had the book. Just had not gotten around it yet. Your request will give me incentive ( a kick in ass ) to get it done.
Might take me a few days, but i will start that tonight.

I have scanned the appropriate pages where the water torture Madeline d'Aubray from the book 'The Devil's Marchioness by William Fifield. I had to scan the individual pages, so maybe a bit cumbersome to read. But there are only 9 pages, and is worth reading Imo.
The files are a bit larger than I wanted, so am only posting 3 per message. The file numbers are the pages in the book.
2DM433.jpg2DM434.jpg2DM435.jpg

For anyone who hasn't seen it already this chapter of my latest 'Sexpionage' serialisation was all about a pretty intense session of Water Torture.

05 - In The Water.jpeg
'... Accompanying Pic for the chapter ...'

If the body bends in an arc, it is harder to swallow. And the sharp piece of wood pushes the spine, increasing the pain!

Attachments

• 191.jpg
    191.jpg
    670 KB · Views: 560
  • 192.jpg
    192.jpg
    715.8 KB · Views: 550
  • 227.jpg
    227.jpg
    759.3 KB · Views: 553
  • 230.jpg
    230.jpg
    496.4 KB · Views: 539
  • 254.jpg
    254.jpg
    723.4 KB · Views: 548
  • 255.jpg
    255.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 655
Wow, that was well worth reading. I'm not sure I've quite visualized the frame and trestle properly, and Madame's position on it. I'll have to re-read it another four or five times.
I had trouble visualizing it at first as well. I eventually settled on the following; picture the square frame that she's bound in being set at an angle of about 30 degrees from the floor. Her wrists are tied together and secured to the upper crosspiece of the square frame. Her legs are spread wide and her ankles are bound to the frames lower corners at the floor level. She is basically hanging in the frame by her wrists in a sitting position with her legs spread. Then they pull her wrist ropes through the upper ring, stretching her taut so she's hanging in mid air at roughly the angle as the frame.
The first few jars of water are applied, then the trestle is used. Picture a saw-horse like structure with its upper horizontal rail set at angle similar to that of the square frame. The trestle is pushed under her so it's rail is pressed against the middle of her back. It acts like a wedge, pushing her torso up, stretching her limbs and increasing the internal pressure of the water. More water is forced in, and the trestle is jammed further under her forcing her body up still further.... and so on.

Anyway, that's my take on it.

Back
Top Bottom