What kind of story should I write next?

Which story would you like to read from me? (please read my post for explanantions first)

• Total voters
Go to CruxDreams.com
I have a problem: I love writing stories for this forum, but it takes me a lot of time to create a story that I like and that fits my personal quality standards. That's why I have posted only one story every year since I joined the forum.

For my next story, I have several ideas, but do not know yet which one I should focus on. That is why I would like to hear your opinion. Please see below for my three most promising story ideas. I am looking forward to your votes and your comments!

Please note: In the end, I am going to pick the story idea that convinces me most, which might not necessarily be the one with the most votes. I still value your opinion!

First story:
Working title: The Stupid Slavegirl
Style: drama set in ancient Rome
Synopsys: Alena, a young slavegirl, tries to assassinate a Roman businessman, because he is responsible for the death of her mother and her sister. But her assasination attempt fails as she is knocked out by his guards. Instead of having her executed right away, the Roman wants her to truly regret what she has done. So he takes her to his home, where she has to endure tortures, humiliations and the mind games he is playing with her. The finale will be an extremely brutal crucifixion (certainly no happy ending for Alena).
Status: I have pretty good idea about the story in general. Minor parts connecting the individual scenes to a continuous tale are still missing, though.

Second story:
Working title: It's Only a Game!
Style: prison thriller set in modern-day
Synopsis: There is a new take on the real-life 'Stanford Prison Experiment', but this time with an all-female group. Lacy has qualified as a participant. She is a reporter and wants to do an undercover story on the top secret experiment. After the initial shock about the humiliating intake procedure, boredom sets in with the participants. Fearing for her story, Lacy stages a prison riot to get some action. Things go bad from there on. Note: While this story will contain scenes with both psychological and physical torture, there will be no crucifixion.
Status: I have a very clear idea about the story from the start to the end. I also wrote the first few chapters as a draft, but I am not very happy with them and might start from scratch again.

Third story:
Working title: The Red Room
Style: Crime Story set in modern-day
Synopsis: The mutilated body of a missing woman is found and becomes the first big case of a young and aspiring police officer. During her investigations, she finds out that someone in town is running a so called 'red room'* on the darknet. She should be careful with her investigations, though, if she does not want to become the next victim...
Status: I have a rough idea about the general themes of the story and ideas for individual scenes and sub-plots, but not a complete picture of the story yet.

*If you have never heard of this before: As a real-life internet myth, 'red rooms' are supposed to be sites on the darknet where you can watch videos of people getting raped/tortured/killed. There is no proof of their existence, though.

It has been a while since I last checked on this thread. Thank you for all your votes and your input!

While slave Alena's story received the most votes, the majority of the comments preferred the red room story. And this is the one I chose to write next!

What happens next? I finally had the breakthrough with the concept of the story and have come up a plot that satisfies me, because it logically connects the individual scenes I have planned. I also have finished developing the main characters.

As a personal challenge, I am going to try out a specific stylistic element that will hopefully pay off with the big twist I have planned for the last act. But I do not want to tell too much about this right now... for spoiler reasons.

Now I am going to start creating the draft. As I mentioned in another thread before, I usually do not start posting a story until I am at least 95% or so done with the draft. How long is this going to take? To be honest, I have no idea.

But for all the electricity fans: There will definately be at least one segment with veary heavy electric torture!

It has been a while since I last checked on this thread. Thank you for all your votes and your input!

While slave Alena's story received the most votes, the majority of the comments preferred the red room story. And this is the one I chose to write next!

What happens next? I finally had the breakthrough with the concept of the story and have come up a plot that satisfies me, because it logically connects the individual scenes I have planned. I also have finished developing the main characters.

As a personal challenge, I am going to try out a specific stylistic element that will hopefully pay off with the big twist I have planned for the last act. But I do not want to tell too much about this right now... for spoiler reasons.

Now I am going to start creating the draft. As I mentioned in another thread before, I usually do not start posting a story until I am at least 95% or so done with the draft. How long is this going to take? To be honest, I have no idea.

But for all the electricity fans: There will definately be at least one segment with veary heavy electric torture!
Sounds delightful. I envey people who are talented story tellers. There are so many of them on this site !

Back
Top Bottom