No - can't believe what insults my
eyes in this picture!

Ooch!!
To me most, nearly all of these old
'classic' paintings tell us nothing worth
noting as concerns lively female bodies -
have the body shapes really changed
that much in these past centuries?
- or is it just the taste that has changed?

"Free me
Free me
Why don't you free me
Free me from your spell
Come on and free me
Why don't you free me
Come on and free me
Free me from your spell"

- from Uriah Heep: Free me (sic) -
Nothing but music to rebalance yourself!
.. and one Burbon should help - Cheers!
Denny

Oh, Rias

It's always worth to unpuzzle your reports! The Romans being fed under the table by their wives who knew how to make them harmless and unthreatening.
Then these - uhm - poor formerly dreadful warriors cry for help to get their overfilled stomach normalized -
until the next voluptuous meal.
A sharp view from a marvellous wide country in the East of Europe onto Rome at those times.
Just go, Rias, go!
Denny

(Der RIAS (Abkürzung für: Rundfunk im amerikanischen Sektor) war eine Rundfunkanstalt mit Sitz im West-Berliner Bezirk Schöneberg (Kufsteiner Str.), die nach dem Zweiten Weltkrieg von 1946 bis 1993 unter Kontrolle der US-amerikanischen Besatzungsbehörden Hörfunkprogramme und ein Fernsehprogramm (1988 bis 1992) verbreitete.)

In doing some reading on Roman culture I came across a piece that described what Roman men found erotically attractive in the female form. Their interest was apparently focused below the waist. According to this piece, they liked their women broad-hipped and fleshy around the hips, thighs, and ass. They were generally not so interested in women’s breasts, thinking of them in a more functional rather than an erotic way. They preferred small-breasted women. In fact, Roman women went to great lengths, including creams and wrappings to minimize their breasts. I’ve always known that cultures can have widely differing views on what is erotically attractive in the opposite sex. If this account of Roman ideals is true (and I don’t know if it is), I think my own figure hanging naked on a cross might have been less appealing to Roman men than I may have previously imagined…kinda of a deflating thought. Oh well.

Comments, serious or humorous?
Sounds like Remy Lacroix would be perfect for them.

Barbaria, would that

>> I think my own figure hanging naked on a cross might have been less appealing to Roman men than I may have previously imagined…kinda of a deflating thought. Oh well. <<
have been a problem to you?

So to say, an out-reaching thought over the limits of death?
And a thought that should have the least of importance to a person sent to death in this way by those you care so much for, asking youself if your own 'attractiveness' would appeal to them in this setup opposed to life? Maybe as the ultimate and utmost give-away a person could be able to do: you give your life away and the sanity of your body in order to satisfy these guys and you care if they appreciate it? A thought normally in strict contradiction to the consideration you gave your life away - for their pleasure (and then they don't even care and take lacking interest in the figure your dying body offers to them?) That in other words: your life dying away is less worth than their casual glimpe at you if you care to 'offer' a rewarding look to their distorted necrophile lust? That is miles below the degradation a woman feels in the case of being raped, yet not fatally hurt bodywise by it.

I invite you to give it a thought and comeback to yourself, you are certainly worth much more than to present an end-play of this lowly sort.
As a human, as a writer, as a woman of imagination and art.
We want you to go on inventing stories that are thrilling and imaginative, and
to BE alive and kicking for no other reason but you like to be YOURSELF.

Best wishes to you
Denny

Attachments

• sailship in  storm - water coming on deck.jpg
    sailship in storm - water coming on deck.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 35
  • woman at the wheel.jpg
    woman at the wheel.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 35
Oh, Rias

It's always worth to unpuzzle your reports! The Romans being fed under the table by their wives who knew how to make them harmless and unthreatening.
Then these - uhm - poor formerly dreadful warriors cry for help to get their overfilled stomach normalized -
until the next voluptuous meal.
A sharp view from a marvellous wide country in the East of Europe onto Rome at those times.
Just go, Rias, go!
Denny

(Der RIAS (Abkürzung für: Rundfunk im amerikanischen Sektor) war eine Rundfunkanstalt mit Sitz im West-Berliner Bezirk Schöneberg (Kufsteiner Str.), die nach dem Zweiten Weltkrieg von 1946 bis 1993 unter Kontrolle der US-amerikanischen Besatzungsbehörden Hörfunkprogramme und ein Fernsehprogramm (1988 bis 1992) verbreitete.)
oho dont take it personally to much about live roman lifts slaves who working as lifts to hold up from floor they fat roman masters I was only joking (but who know when they sometimes must use sedan-chair) also radio I know and its only coincidence in name and radio who we lead with squirrel have other name also and about name I was heard is even pokemon with similar name

Rias,

I'm sorry - I want to excuse myself for what I wrote last to reply on your writing. I can see it is not easy to pick up a old - THE old! - Western language, you were all brought up to learn Russian as the World Language and anything beside or additional was left to you to pick up however you could. Or, you are too young to have witnessed the old regime but now it's not easier in many ways.
So, keep up your positive spirit and I have to say: my Polish that I picked up for my travels in Poland in 1992 - 1998 was a lot simpler and much below your English anyways - still people apprechiated a person who would at least try their language and gave their fair part to guess what I could possibly mean. I found people very helpful and courteous in general in Poland, many were really helpful on my ways.

So never mind, I certainly didn't mean to insult you, I appreciate that you are on your way with us in this forum and please go on and I will do my part for understanding.

All the best to you and again never mind my jokes!
Have a good time!

Denny
listen to this :

Alpine Rhododendronen auf Bergfeldern bei Chamonix.jpg
in the Alps near Chamonix, F

Last edited:
Rias,

I'm sorry - I want to excuse myself for what I wrote last to reply on your writing. I can see it is not easy to pick up a old - THE old! - Western language, you were all brought up to learn Russian as the World Language and anything beside or additional was left to you to pick up however you could. Or, you are too young to have witnessed the old regime but now it's not easier in many ways.
So, keep up your positive spirit and I have to say: my Polish that I picked up for my travels in Poland in 1992 - 1998 was a lot simpler and much below your English anyways - still people apprechiated a person who would at least try their language and gave their fair part to guess what I could possibly mean. I found people very helpful and courteous in general in Poland, many were really helpful on my ways.

So never mind, I certainly didn't mean to insult you, I appreciate that you are on your way with us in this forum and please go on and I will do my part for understanding.

All the best to you and again never mind my jokes!
Have a good time!

Denny
listen to this :

View attachment 1279433
in the Alps near Chamonix, F
yes ppl was here forced to learn russian but to 1989 year to end of russian occupation when our goverment was moscov puppets I born 1993 so im from other generation and dont even know single russian word but ppl over 50 years old was rusificate so they know this language good

yes ppl was here forced to learn russian but to 1989 year to end of russian occupation when our goverment was moscov puppets I born 1993 so im from other generation and dont even know single russian word but ppl over 50 years old was rusificate so they know this language good
Here in the former GDR, Russian was a compulsory subject in school, from the 5th grade everyone had to learn it. English was an optional subject from the 8th grade and French, which I would have liked to have learned back then, was not taught in the entire district.

I can not speak for Roman men but I would love to see you nailed to a cross
How-how-how _ O-M-G
I would oppose it - if only to let her have her freedom to write more stories each one of which are more interesting and more sophisticated but to inspect her details hanging from that thing-
But Romen (short for Roman men) then only speaking Latin wouldn't understand a word of what she writes and thus in their ever prevailing self esteem would not give it any consideration no way.
All in all I come to the conclusion history had to close that chapter the way it did and the Rome of today with innumerable small Fiats and Lancias racing round the Colosseum in ruins is a better Rome than it ever was when it ruled.
And if only because we had Sophia Ferrari .. erm .. Loren acting!
Denny

Here in the former GDR, Russian was a compulsory subject in school, from the 5th grade everyone had to learn it. English was an optional subject from the 8th grade and French, which I would have liked to have learned back then, was not taught in the entire district.
>>Here in the former GDR,<<
.. but this picture of your account is not from DDR times? - or VoPos would have arrested you - with or without your birdy friend -
:buitre::osvaisacagar:
(just a friendly fun, no harm intended)

How-how-how _ O-M-G
I would oppose it - if only to let her have her freedom to write more stories each one of which are more interesting and more sophisticated but to inspect her details hanging from that thing-
But Romen (short for Roman men) then only speaking Latin wouldn't understand a word of what she writes and thus in their ever prevailing self esteem would not give it any consideration no way.
All in all I come to the conclusion history had to close that chapter the way it did and the Rome of today with innumerable small Fiats and Lancias racing round the Colosseum in ruins is a better Rome than it ever was when it ruled.
And if only because we had Sophia Ferrari .. erm .. Loren acting!
Denny
this forum is a place for fantasy , Barbaria1 has been on her cross many times here and will continue to do so.

>>Here in the former GDR,<<
.. but this picture of your account is not from DDR times? - or VoPos would have arrested you - with or without your birdy friend -
No, the Germanic gods were not forbidden, but defacing a picture in the school book that showed a communist gave me 3 hours of interrogation at the Stasi, especially since my father had left the SED a year earlier. I think I was lucky that my schoolmate's father, who did the same thing, was a party secretary. The matter was settled, but after the 10th grade I was not admitted to a secondary school despite a grade of 1 in the 10th grade.

No, the Germanic gods were not forbidden, but defacing a picture in the school book that showed a communist gave me 3 hours of interrogation at the Stasi, especially since my father had left the SED a year earlier. I think I was lucky that my schoolmate's father, who did the same thing, was a party secretary. The matter was settled, but after the 10th grade I was not admitted to a secondary school despite a grade of 1 in the 10th grade.
Udo,

Hmm - that's hard and it sure didn't help your feelings for the SED at that time! I guess you're glad it's all over .

When I was in the Gymnasium (German, not same as in English) in Munich, I used to add a few lines to photos of the old major mathematicians depicted in our math book: I used the natural lines in the face that were there and enhanced them to the point where it was a carricature and a strong one.
End of the year we all gave back our books.
After summer vacation we re-entered school and looked around: there were only two missing, one didn't make the grade, the other one had moved away from Munich.
When the books were handed out I saw it was still the same math book ('t was for two years) and all of a sudden there was a stir and supressed laughter at one end: they had discovered my 'modified' pictures of the old mathematicians and it spend another guys fun again.

Those were the old days when we were young and skies were bright ...

Greetings from
Denny

In doing some reading on Roman culture I came across a piece that described what Roman men found erotically attractive in the female form. Their interest was apparently focused below the waist. According to this piece, they liked their women broad-hipped and fleshy around the hips, thighs, and ass. They were generally not so interested in women’s breasts, thinking of them in a more functional rather than an erotic way. They preferred small-breasted women. In fact, Roman women went to great lengths, including creams and wrappings to minimize their breasts. I’ve always known that cultures can have widely differing views on what is erotically attractive in the opposite sex. If this account of Roman ideals is true (and I don’t know if it is), I think my own figure hanging naked on a cross might have been less appealing to Roman men than I may have previously imagined…kinda of a deflating thought. Oh well.

Comments, serious or humorous?
Humourous

Back
Top Bottom