What sort of Images are Appropriate to Post on the Forums - Discussion Thread

Go to CruxDreams.com
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Barbaria1 said " I think if concern arises about certain postings or posting behaviors it should be the responsibility of staff to try, in the first instance, to resolve them privately and respectfully with the individual members involved. "
But we have, many times in the past and very recently with little affect. I take it then that you are still against having a poll?
I think a poll would be worthless and possibly misleading. However, I have neither the power nor inclination to forbid one.

Alright, here is a poll:

I love dogs. Given a choice between a picture of a naked woman and a very cute puppy I would honestly have to think long and hard. My choice would probably vary depending on mood. So, how many would like a thread with pictures and gifs of really cute dogs doing really cute stuff?

But your objections all seem to come back to too many fat women and too many posts in a thread. How many threads do we have clogged with fat women? One or two? How is that a problem?
If a thread of random pictures of nude women is inappropriate, what does it matter if one or a thousand is added a day? (unless there is a cost issue - which you say there is not)
I have never used the word objection and as far as cost issues are concerned I simply don't know. I do not have access to the accounts. Neither have I used the term censorship, banning or deletion. I think it does matter that thousands of inappropriate pics get added each day.

Please name the lost members.
I concede I don't have names. But I lived through it and several of my friends were considering leaving. I spent a lot of time urging them to stay (I don't know if I had any effect). If I can't name a member does that make the whole sorry incident a success? Are we proud of what happened?

Then prolly it should be named allkinksforums.com not cruxforums.com IMHO..
I would be against this... more people with lots of other kinks doesn't mean a better community.
Right!

I don’t like that we are elevating inclusiveness as a great virtue. It’s just not true. Some of the best clubs are exclusive by design. In order for this place to even function, we need to exclude certain people, like kids, since it’s sexual, or the prudish, or the easily offended. I see no issue with preserving the “crux” part of the forums by not being a space for every possible kink. We exclude most kinks to the fantasy unlimited section already.

Let me see if I can make this simple. The primary reason to have a site like this is for things that are difficult to find elsewhere. Crux pix and stories I really don't know of very many sites that have many of them. BDSM stories and pix are bit more common, but frankly the stories here would be very rare elsewhere and certainly not for free. So they belong here.

Naked women are a dime a dozen on thousands of sites (yes fat ones too) so they are far less necessary here. Every site has its focus. I wouldn't have a baseball thread here, nor would I really make one for dogs (no matter how cute they are), because there are thousands of sites for those. Is that censorship? No it's focus.

Let me see if I can make this simple. The primary reason to have a site like this is for things that are difficult to find elsewhere. Crux pix and stories I really don't know of very many sites that have many of them. BDSM stories and pix are bit more common, but frankly the stories here would be very rare elsewhere and certainly not for free. So they belong here.

Naked women are a dime a dozen on thousands of sites (yes fat ones too) so they are far less necessary here. Every site has its focus. I wouldn't have a baseball thread here, nor would I really make one for dogs (no matter how cute they are), because there are thousands of sites for those. Is that censorship? No it's focus.
If there's enough funds and bandwith and the sections are organised properly, there's not need for any of those to step on each other's toes.

The last time you tried to calm things by closing threads did the opposite and lost members.
That is an accusation that I do take very seriously. You are accusing me of causing members to leave this site when in fact numbers have been growing rapidly on a daily basis. I insist that you tell us all how many members that I "lost" and I also want to know who they are so that I can check the veracity of your claims by getting in touch with them. I am not going to let this despicable accusation go without thoroughly checking it out.

The last time you tried to calm things by closing threads did the opposite and lost members.
That is an accusation that I do take very seriously. You are accusing me of causing members to leave this site when in fact numbers have been growing rapidly on a daily basis. I insist that you tell us all how many members that I "lost" and I also want to know who they are so that I can check the veracity of your claims by getting in touch with them. I am not going to let this despicable accusation go without thoroughly checking it out.
Is this reffering to this incident?
https://cruxforums.com/xf/threads/it-looks-like-cf-isnt-a-place-that-i-thought-it-was.8486/
(Where, perhaps ironically, Melissa was the one speaking for stricter content standards.)

Doesn't mean a worse one either.
Certainly more diluted, more scattered. I come here for crux. Not page 468 of “Spanking GIFs”
Is this reffering to this incident?
https://cruxforums.com/xf/threads/it-looks-like-cf-isnt-a-place-that-i-thought-it-was.8486/
(Where, perhaps ironically, Melissa was the one speaking for stricter content standards.)
Fallenmystic still hangs around on discord. He had already left cruxforums by posting that thread. Whether it was his treatment or specific people that made him feel unwelcome, I’m not going to say, but ultimately it was his choice to leave.

Certainly more diluted, more scattered. I come here for crux. Not page 468 of “Spanking GIFs”

Fallenmystic still hangs around on discord. He had already left cruxforums by posting that thread. Whether it was his treatment or specific people that made him feel unwelcome, I’m not going to say, but ultimately it was his choice to leave.
And no-one says you have to look at page 468 of Spanking GIFs. There are two dedicated crux forums, are there not?

“Live and let live” style naive mind your business talk is fine and all, but it works best if the 4000 posts of naked women are hosted on some other site. It’s hard not to feel like this place is getting colonized by regular old perverts, instead of remaining a dedicated crux space.

Hey, remember Top Cat? This was an issue before, a few members, or even just a single member over-posting. It got nice and peaceful once he left.

“Live and let live” style naive mind your business talk is fine and all, but it works best if the 4000 posts of naked women are hosted on some other site. It’s hard not to feel like this place is getting colonized by regular old perverts, instead of remaining a dedicated crux space.
I think the debate may partly be whether this whole place needs to be a dedicated crux space. I' say, in fact, that given it needs to designate certain sub-forums for crux posting, it hasn't been such a thing for as long as I've been here. Perhaps there was a time before when it was?

I concede I don't have names. But I lived through it and several of my friends were considering leaving. I spent a lot of time urging them to stay (I don't know if I had any effect). If I can't name a member does that make the whole sorry incident a success? Are we proud of what happened?
So you concede that you do not have names but you lived through it...how very noble of you! What do want? a medal? Your accusation that I caused members to leave was basically a lie and I do not believe one word about how you so nobly urged members to stay....what absolute bullshit! Going to bed now, I really have had enough of people like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom