What to do about runaway slaves (besides the obvious!)

Go to CruxDreams.com

KageKamen

Tribune
Not a poll, as I want to encourage freeform answers (and we all know crux would win anyway). But say you happen to own some slaves, and some of those slaves that despite that they're going to abscond and live their own lives somewhere.

A) What would you do about it? Post a general reward? Hire someone? Search yourself? Or just write them off?

B) What would you do with them if they were brought back alive? I know many would just point to the forum title, but there are other possible sentences as well, not all as fatal.

C) Would the above alter based on the slave? Male or female, young or old, normally obedient or troublemaker, field slave of favourite bedwarmer - does it make any difference? Does their motive?

Brand her on the left thigh with an R for “runaway”; as well as the pain of being branded serving as a lesson and a punishment, there will be a permanent reminder that this slave is to be kept in restraints and never trusted.
As for the recapturing, I fancy doing that myself, with a large shrimping-net and a stun gun :p

also welding permanent leg-irons on her ankles, that should slow her down a bit!
46B65F08-EA7F-485E-923E-5A77B6FF7B77.jpeg
(art by passocorto)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a poll, as I want to encourage freeform answers (and we all know crux would win anyway). But say you happen to own some slaves, and some of those slaves that despite that they're going to abscond and live their own lives somewhere.

A) What would you do about it? Post a general reward? Hire someone? Search yourself? Or just write them off?

B) What would you do with them if they were brought back alive? I know many would just point to the forum title, but there are other possible sentences as well, not all as fatal.

C) Would the above alter based on the slave? Male or female, young or old, normally obedient or troublemaker, field slave of favourite bedwarmer - does it make any difference? Does their motive?
For sure, a punishment, in front of all the slaves, is mandatory, in order to give a show of disciplne.

A lot will depend of course of the 'investment value' of the slave. Is that kind of slave cheap or expensive to purchase? Will it be easy to replace the slave? Will the punishment limit the future abilities of the slave?

And if the slave is leased, what does the contract with the leasing company stipulate about such circumstances?

I would do nothing. If slavery would be economically successful, the south states would have won the American civil war in 1860-1864 or the Roman Empire would still exist.
So I wait till the people/state who took my slaves collapse and then I would crucify those, together with my former slaves, at least the more beautiful ones.
I would take those who brought them back under observation, because obviously they are against me.
No not really-

Keep them in iron neck- and leg cuffs/chains and let them hour by hour clean the shit pits.
Sounds like a good way of making an example without wasting their labour.

Brand her on the left thigh with an R for “runaway”; as well as the pain of being branded serving as a lesson and a punishment, there will be a permanent reminder that this slave is to be kept in restraints and never trusted.
As for the recapturing, I fancy doing that myself, with a large shrimping-net and a stun gun :p

also welding permanent leg-irons on her ankles, that should slow her down a bit!
View attachment 930825
(art by passocorto)
I wish you good luck on your hunt! That should discourage further escape attempts nicely.

First I would fire the overseer.
Good point. But what if the slave was under your direct supervision?
For sure, a punishment, in front of all the slaves, is mandatory, in order to give a show of disciplne.

A lot will depend of course of the 'investment value' of the slave. Is that kind of slave cheap or expensive to purchase? Will it be easy to replace the slave? Will the punishment limit the future abilities of the slave?

And if the slave is leased, what does the contract with the leasing company stipulate about such circumstances?
So very individual and situational?

I would do nothing. If slavery would be economically successful, the south states would have won the American civil war in 1860-1864 or the Roman Empire would still exist.
So I wait till the people/state who took my slaves collapse and then I would crucify those, together with my former slaves, at least the more beautiful ones.

I would take those who brought them back under observation, because obviously they are against me.

No not really-
...so you're keeping slaves while counting on slave societies collapsibg?

And I don't see your logic as to how someone who returns your lost slaves must be an enemy...

...so you're keeping slaves while counting on slave societies collapsibg?

And I don't see your logic as to how someone who returns your lost slaves must be an enemy...
I am keeping real estate (by heritage) while not loving that type of business. I guess I could be on a cotton farm in the 1850is, or roman nobility without being a fan of it, but what could I do except waiting?

Free your slaves? Or at least, don't put them on your crux list if they run?
That is dangerous, because you may got the revenge of your society by not agreeing their standards, I heard a story of someone in Judäa 2000 years who was crucified saying to much against his religious leaders, forgot his name.... But if the slaves are silly enough to run away from my beautiful plantage and those nice bloodhounds, well..... Also I mean all these young slaves, which do not like to get anally raped by my really beautiful dick..... run away? I can only say in the words of Greta: "How dare you!"

So in some cases you won't have much choice, and others you will?

Care to share any examples?
A slave carrying out a job that requires little skills, you flog and crucify. Purchase a replacement by mail order, delivery the same day.

A slave more difficult to replace on short term, will be taught a good lesson, but should remain in working order. You can always look for a possible replacement apprentice in good time, if the slave remains a trouble. But one should not harm himself economically.

A slave carrying out a job that requires little skills, you flog and crucify. Purchase a replacement by mail order, delivery the same day.

A slave more difficult to replace on short term, will be taught a good lesson, but should remain in working order. You can always look for a possible replacement apprentice in good time, if the slave remains a trouble. But one should not harm himself economically.
Don't forget the rule: "Punish (Crucify) one, teach a hundred"

Back
Top Bottom