Whipped Women

Go to CruxDreams.com
The Wiltshire justices occasionally resorted to the cart’s tail for exemplary justice. At the sessions of Christmas 18 James I (1621) they ordered all six young women convicted of petty theft--Lizzie Lindsay, Emma Lent, Frances Edwards, Lydia Denton, Anne Eddington, and Liz Embleton to be stripped naked to the waist, to be bareheaded and barefoot, and to be whipped through the Salisbury market place until their bodies be bloody.

Emma Lent, Lydia Denton, Anne Eddington and Liz Embleton got down on their knees and begged for mercy—but none was granted.

Christmas was a cold time of the year for these common criminals to strip naked to the waist and walk barefoot through the streets, but strip they did, and Emma, Lydia, Anne and Liz sang and danced as their bare breasts bobbed. Snow flakes fell on their bare skin, their bodies ran red, and their gashed and bruised bare feet left bloody footprints.

The Wiltshire justices occasionally resorted to the cart’s tail for exemplary justice. At the sessions of Christmas 18 James I (1621) they ordered all six young women convicted of petty theft--Lizzie Lindsay, Emma Lent, Frances Edwards, Lydia Denton, Anne Eddington, and Liz Embleton to be stripped naked to the waist, to be bareheaded and barefoot, and to be whipped through the Salisbury market place until their bodies be bloody.

Emma Lent, Lydia Denton, Anne Eddington and Liz Embleton got down on their knees and begged for mercy—but none was granted.

Christmas was a cold time of the year for these common criminals to strip naked to the waist and walk barefoot through the streets, but strip they did, and Emma, Lydia, Anne and Liz sang and danced as their bare breasts bobbed. Snow flakes fell on their bare skin, their bodies ran red, and their gashed and bruised bare feet left bloody footprints.
I believe there was one more criminal include in this session of public punishment....a certain Barbara Moore...her crime, malice of tongue.

I believe there was one more criminal include in this session of public punishment....a certain Barbara Moore...her crime, malice of tongue.
Wait! I protest! Anyone who knows me will tell you that everything I say is truthful and never of ill intent.

What? No drawing?
dragged_to_the_whipping_pillory_by_montycrusto_dbns4sk-pre.jpg
Happy now?? :D

Back
Top Bottom