Why do I like Cruxforums?

Go to CruxDreams.com
As a new member, I'm not even sure if the 2013 crash is a thing or just part of Barbaria's lore.

It is attested to here

Okay once upon there was a mighty Empire and its fall in the West at least ushered in a period of lost records and chaos popularly known as the Dark Ages. Well recently Crux Forums has suffered its own Dark Ages Weeks and among the great monuments lost (blowing of own trumpets ;) ) was certain thread called Roman Resources.

In a post dated August 14, 2013 but personally I find the witness a bit squirrelly and would not trust him

So, open for comments. What do you like about CF? Why are you here? How could it be better? I’d love to hear.
First, let me say that I think this thread is a great idea. Thank you, Barbara, for starting it. It gives all here on CF a chance to appreciate the wonderful place it is. Like all people (except @Barbaria1 ) we here are inveterate complainers. We will always point out the shortcomings and the errors we see. But we also need to stop and be thankful for a place that offers so much and is so valuable.

That all being said, I Hate saying what I like best! I am an either/or guy, on the one hand on the other. It is like pulling my own teeth to start listing my many thanks for this place. I shall try soon, but today it is too great a challenge for my meager communication skills.

Last edited:
I’m reflecting tonight on the fact that I have been a member of CruxForums for nearly seven and one half years, and remarkably ... I am still here!

I never would have predicted that when I joined the site in the summer of 2013. That was just before the infamous site crash of that year, which ... contrary to popular opinion ...I did not cause

So why am I still here?

It’s a question we might all do well to reflect on from time to time. I’ve seen a good many come and go over the years ... some burn out, get bored ... a very few get themselves banned ... others simply disappear and we never know why.

But, I’m Still here and will most likely remain, at least for the foreseeable time. And I think there are some clear reasons why.

Most important are the people. CF is a remarkable place where individuals with a particular, if somewhat offbeat, interest (or set of interests) come together as a community to share. And, for me, one of the most remarkable things about the gathering is how truly international it is. CF brings together people I can get to know and find interesting from literally all over the world. That’s hard to beat!

And I do find so many of them to be interesting. I find here, far more than one might expect, a diverse and talented bunch of artists and writers, speaking of course of the core of really active members as opposed to those on the fringe ... although I was once a lurker myself who hesitated before jumping in.

And CF is not just about manipulated images, art and writing. There are also a great many animated discussions that take place on the threads, covering a remarkable range of topics, and displaying such expertise. I truly learn things here!

There is also good humor and banter, which at times can get out of control and can hijack an entire thread. But there is a lightheartedness here that affords a nice balance to the relative darkness of some of the materials on display. It’s a place where I feel I can relax and even be a little silly, and it’s okay ... a welcome release from the constraints and seriousness of real life.

Personally, I like to write. And CF is a place where I can enjoy writing, often about subjects that interest me but are not likely to be well received outside of a place like CF.

Over the past seven and a half years I have written and posted dozens of stories here, both long and short, along with some pitiful attempts at verse. A good many have been written in collaboration with other members, which is something I particularly enjoy, and I have had the good fortune to work with some awesome collaborators. You know who you are.

But the other nice thing about writing for the site is the commentary that appears on the threads. Feedback is wonderful thing. And there is a lot of it here, as well as a kind tolerance for the fact that nearly all my stories feature the same principal character ... my CF alter ego, Barbara Moore (who in some ways is Moore of the real me than I care to admit).

But the vexing thing about my writing currently is that I seem to have finally run out of fresh ideas. I like to write stories that fit into historical contexts ... it’s the historian in me. But I seem to have covered just about every setting I can think of.

And it’s just that ... the lack of any fresh creative inspiration ... which has caused me to open this thread. After seven and a half years, have I reached a limit? Is it time to quit?

Apparently not, because I am still here and still enjoying myself, and I think I’ll stay. But it has me thinking a lot about the site, and how it keeps going.

There have been bumps along the way. We’ve weathered some crises ... some irascible members cause troubles from time to time, there have been occasional technical difficulties, and most recently a pandemic and a tightening of the income stream that normally kept us afloat. We evolve and we reinvent, and are resilient. And through it all the place retains my interest. My friends here are the best... so what Moore can I want. Love you all.

So, open for comments. What do you like about CF? Why are you here? How could it be better? I’d love to hear.
Well, the fact that I, too, am very much at home here, and no longer a 'lurker', is entirely down to you, Barb. :)

I had lurked around crux sites of one kind or another since 2002, but back in 2014 I tentatively began to post content.

I posted a poem called 'Thinking':

Barb, you were so incredibly enthusiatic about it, you could not have been more encouraging, and so I kept on writing!

So you may not have been responsible for the crash, but the Chronicles of the Silver River and lots else besides are entirely your fault! :nono:

:D

I had lurked around crux sites of one kind or another since 2002, but back in 2014 I tentatively began to post content.

And the rest is history... :p

So you may not have been responsible for the crash, but the Chronicles of the Silver River and lots else besides are entirely your fault! :nono:

Which is why I’ve been crucified, hanged, whipped and caned here as often as I have :confused::facepalm:

As for me, I've been here since 2005 (and before that, as a member of the old Yahoo crux group).

This group helps provide me with material for my kink, with some intellectual back-and-forth with other members, and with some opportunity sometimes to make people laugh (which I'm beginning to realize is my main purpose in life).

But mostly, this place has helped me understand that I'm not alone but that my kink is also other peoples' kink. Jim Morrison's lyric notwithstanding, none of us likes to consider him or herself strange. We naturally gravitate more toward John Donne, eschewing that lonely island persona in favor of friendship, empathy, and fraternity.

:sun_smiley: :sun_smiley: :sun_smiley:

I want to echo everything that has been said - very honestly and openly - on this thread, and thank you Barb for starting the discussion.

i have contributed a little on here several years ago and that took some courage. But I am still perhaps a lurker, and I still disappear from time to time .

And then I return, and the old friends - Barb, Eulalia, Wragg, Tree, RR, Phlebas, to name just a few, are still here, along with some new names. I find that, with all my personal insecurities (that’s just me, sorry) , so reassuring and I am so grateful for it. I know there are irritations sometimes, but judgement on others is rare, almost unheard of. And that is surely precious in this mad, world just now.

Yes, it may be a strange interest that brings us together, but on this forum it almost always works.....perhaps that is down to the people more than anything.

This group helps provide me with material for my kink, with some intellectual back-and-forth with other members, and with some opportunity sometimes to make people laugh (which I'm beginning to realize is my main purpose in life).

And a little laughter does us all some good :)

none of us likes to consider him or herself strange. We naturally gravitate more toward John Donne, eschewing that lonely island persona in favor of friendship, empathy, and fraternity.

I like that. :amen:

I love the simple fact that this wonderful forum has given people,like little old me,a platform,upon which I could share my experiences and opinions,with like- minded individuals towards what is basically a rather niche kink subject.
(All without the fear of being regarded as a dirty old pervert,or such....)
From the bottom of my heart I THANK YOU,one and all....!!
:) :) Hugs,'Baracus' x

Like some here, I go back to the days of the old Crux group, and I wandered over to this one a short while after it was founded. Crux was an amazing group, only a few hundred people in it when I joined, like an exclusive little internet club. We have come a long way since those days. This group is very different, more visible, much larger, and more wide ranging in its interests, but it fills the same important niche - to provide a community in which our common erotic interests can be shared and celebrated and not be a source of shame. We are such a diverse group, so many talented people, it is truly enriching to come here and spend time with you.

I've been knocking around the online crux groups for 20 years, I would be lost without this one. Thank you all for everything you bring to this place, even if it just yourself :) Remember to appreciate each other and give encouragement, those first faltering steps in a post, story or picture could lead to great things in the future.

Remember to appreciate each other and give encouragement, those first faltering steps in a post, story or picture could lead to great things in the future.
..so true, cruxforums encouraged me so much, I wouldn’t be doing the art I’m doing now if it wasn’t for you guys and girls .. special thanks if I may, to @mp5stab who followed me to DeviantArt and encouraged me there too :bdsm-heart:
8BC5813B-4D86-4397-94CF-AB4A2397E10E.jpeg

..so true, cruxforums encouraged me so much, I wouldn’t be doing the art I’m doing now if it wasn’t for you guys and girls .. special thanks if I may, to @mp5stab who followed me to DeviantArt and encouraged me there too :bdsm-heart:
View attachment 898192

Mp5stab always knows what she likes ;) and has very good tastes!:p

Mp5stab always knows what she likes ;) and has very good tastes!:p
By the way, Mp5stab is running a Discord server as well, where you'll find many of the fellow CF members discussing and roleplaying various aspects of crux and other D/s fantasies. So, if anyone is interested, please feel free to send a PM to her and ask to be invited to the server.

Back
Top Bottom