Why do I like Cruxforums?

Go to CruxDreams.com
Maybe I should have tried for a more casual look?
Red Lion runs out of vodka 1.jpg

The dress code is irrelevant when the Red Lion runs out of vodka, and pints of 'London Pride' were being consumed during the Crux Chronicle interviews for 'Barbarossanova'. ;)
:D And I'm still working on the Russian epic! :D

View attachment 902838

The dress code is irrelevant when the Red Lion runs out of vodka, and pints of 'London Pride' were being consumed during the Crux Chronicle interviews for 'Barbarossanova'. ;)
:D And I'm still working on the Russian epic! :D

I can attest to that, London Pride was indeed consumed.

Also, A septuagenarian . . . . started me towards a table around which sat a number of gents of about his age
I can assure you that while he may have been at that table Mr Inder does not look septuagenarian !

I look around the pub, things are going very nicely. That lady being warmly welcomed by PrPr and company - midwestern accent, tight little, glass of white wine check, must be Barb. I must get a feel some time with her to discuss further collaboration, but she is in Bob's capable hands at the moment Over there the artists' table, keep an eye on that one for emotional outbursts! The writers conferring over here, and the practical demonstration crowd already at work with . . . is that Kathy? I recognise her from the 3d renders. Wonderful commitment shown by her, commendable. I wonder if any of the male attendees are planning time on the wood themselves? Is Rufus here?

Yes, things are going along very nicely . . . . where's Wragg? I think I owe him a pint.

I haven’t the faintest idea of what OS said. The English sure can talk funny at times. But something tells me I had better figure it out fast :confused:
And there's me making sure all the pub games were known to Mr. Google. The effort I went to, finding pictures of a shuv-ha'penny boardP9151973a.jpg quoits download (1).jpg and the game of Aunt Sally download (2).jpg and this American bird dismisses them as the ramblings of a funny old man.

And for future reference, the correct response to the password challenge of "What are you having lads?" is "Mine's a double whisky, thanks"

and this American bird dismisses them as the ramblings of a funny old man.

Wondering, now that OS has kindly made it clear that he was speaking of pub games, whether the rules of play that apply to these weird looking games are any more comprehensible to an American bird like me than those for cricket?

Pervs? Excuse me! We do scientifically and historically established reenactments of Roman penal judicial practices!:loco:

Soooo, you’re telling me that the Romans actually used French premium wood to construct the crosses they crucified naked girls on? :confused:

Yes, things are going along very nicely . . . . where's Wragg? I think I owe him a pint.

He’s been temporarily delayed ... something about a camping/caravan trip ... but we’ll see him here soon enough, and we do need him to be here in the role of master of ceremonies for the coming torture and crucifixion reenactments, the principals of which are to be chosen by lottery. In the meantime, though, the learned and lovely Eulalia will cover those duties.

Ahhh, and as I saunter with my second glass of wine over to the crowded writer’s table, I try to spot a place where I can squeeze in ... finally deciding to take a place between Fossy and Fallenmystic, both of whom are easily identifiable without introduction ... Fossy for the treatises on the American Civil War general, William Sherman, set before him next to his drink, and Fallenmystic for the cell phone in his hand open to a programmer troubleshooting site.

And as I settle in I am tapped on the shoulder by Jackie, who invites me to enter my name in the evening’s torture and crucifixion lottery ... six lucky contestants to be chosen.

I shrug, drain the last of my second glass, sign the chit and drop it into the box she holds in her hand.

Fallenmystic for the cell phone in his hand open to a programmer troubleshooting site.
I finally feel that I became a legitimate part of this wonderful community, now that you mentioned me in your story. Thanks much! :)

Just for your information, however... I've never owned a smartphone in my life. I bought my current phone more than 10 years ago, and I can hardly make a single call before the battery runs out.

I know I'm just weird :p

I finally feel that I became a legitimate part of this wonderful community, now that you mentioned me in your story. Thanks much! :)

Ah, but you already were. It just takes me time to get to everyone. The gathering of CFers at the Red Lion is quite large! And if I haven’t gotten to folks yet, don’t be shy. Post yourselves in. :p

Back
Top Bottom