Why do I like Cruxforums?

Go to CruxDreams.com
At the risk of old slave telling me I'm being verbose again, I will respond in parts.
At the beginning, I will repeat the beginning. I joined as a member in March 2016 - but not really. It was just to gain access to a few restricted images. I felt shame at being here and visited very little for the next two years. After my divorce and therapy, I felt different and looked here in earnest in the summer of 2018, just over two years ago. I first was attracted by the Roman history areas, having studied Latin and Ancient History excessively in my callow youth.
As I looked around the site, I had a need for some corrections in my profile and contacted a certain unnamed moderator (@Barbaria1 ) for help. She was very helpful and welcoming. In PM with her, the topic of writing came up and I, in my pitifully poor attempts to flirt, mentioned some story idea I'd had for many years but was unable (while married) to work on. Here are the actual ideas I posted on 8/30/18
I am torn between several story settings. A rural roman widow framed, enslaved and then crucified by her jilted suitor; An innocent 19 yo girl from rural Kent comes to London in 1750, gets lost steals a little fruit, and is taken up by a corrupt beadle and judge, who sentence her to death but use her as a sex slave and pain slut until the hanging; Two CIA agents, one an older experienced male, the other a young rookie are sent to Cuba in 1960 to contact anti-castro agents. The girl gets captured and is tortured to tell where the other is. The man manages to get close enough to the camp to witness the torture, but can't save her.
My readers will observe that two of these were among my stories here. The third is still waiting for the time to write.

What hooked me on CF, then, was a marvelously friendly and welcoming young lady and her enthusiasm for my first writing. Of course, that in some ways covers why I love (I will not say like) CF, A place to post my writing and to find precious friends.

Last edited:
At the risk of old slave telling me I'm being verbose again, I will respond in parts.
Thank you whoever thought the Private Message service was a good idea. My true thoughts concerning @Praefectus Praetorio 's writing are not suited to a public thread.

PMs are just as valuable to hold the community together, as main threads.

My first encounter with CF was somewhere in 2012. Logging in regularly on Polly Plummer's blog, there were links to other sites. One of them, I recall, was CF. Those days, I followed another site, on which I planned to make an account, until it suddenly got severe security and other problems, in 2013. That made me reluctant to join such sites.

I kept, what is called 'lurking' (I call it 'scouting') on CF for more 18 months. Getting assured that this side was run well and safely, I decided to join in, in september 2014. Still, I waited six more months to start posting.

And since : waking up every morning, cursing myself, I stayed too long on CF the evening before! No more CF, then I will sleep longer!:icon_pc:

Until, an hour later, I log in again!:eusa_whistle:

And since : waking up every morning, cursing myself, I stayed too long on CF the evening before! No more CF, then I will sleep longer!:icon_pc:

Until, an hour later, I log in again!

CF is not only highly educational, it’s also highly addictive... ;)

I love you too. . .my poetic @LittleSiss :)

Now i realized she is the one who turned both of us into like Lit monsters at that time. I do appriciate this thread for making me smile by reading her poet and remembering our old time. I am glad about it :)

I love you all too :)
MWAHHHHHHHHHHHH

My Bestie!

The first time that you called me, My Bestie ... was ...
You were naked in the darkness.
And it wasn’t dark at all.

I saw someone that was like, I was lost and screaming for help.

I am so happy that I gave you the power to find what was always within you.

Last edited:
I've been a member since '09. the topic obviously interests me and I have been an active poster since. We seem to have a wide diverse viewpoint and that is why I've stayed.

Keep up the good work!
I still think you are a old fart that drinks too much!!!!

But you don’t listen to anyone!

Legs up in the Twilight Zone!

:couch:

I'm still pretty new here (joined on New Year's Eve). And I have to admit, I had no real interest in crux before I came here, and haven't picked up more than a passing one since. Nevertheless, I don't regret joining one bit, because there's a whole lot more here than the title suggests - almost no kink is barred. And of course, there are many interesting and intelligent posters as well - some threads can be pretty educational, even! (A special thanks to Eulalia for inviting/persuading me to join!)

Thank you whoever thought the Private Message service was a good idea. My true thoughts concerning @Praefectus Praetorio 's writing are not suited to a public thread.

PMs are just as valuable to hold the community together, as main threads.
Indeed - even on a board as openly kinky as this, some things you'd rather say in confidence than leave for anyone to read.

The first time I came across our site was many years ago when I had to lie in hospital for a long time and the first story I read at the time was "The Interrogation and Punishmentcenter for Girls". Back then, I read every new part of the story on my mobile phone. Back at home I registered with the forum, but for the first time only read passively. In the meantime I try to be a little more active and I particularly like that not only one topic is dealt with in the forum, but that it is very versatile.

So, open for comments. What do you like about CF? Why are you here? How could it be better? I’d love to hear.

Good question!
Why am I here with all of you?
I have asked myself this several times.
Then I found out why.
Do you frequent the famous social networks where as soon as you appear the least that can happen to you is to end up being torn apart by hyenas?
Here, on the contrary, it is a safe haven, where the (few) opinions you write are appreciated, where professional haters do not lurk, where there are no know-it-alls who try to overrule others.

For a few months I was stuck between bed and chair due to an unfortunate accident, with very little to do.
It occurred to me to write a short story, but I didn't know a word of English, how to do it? Help arrived promptly; it was suggested to me: 'Contact the Oxford-Cambridge Translation Service!' that is: Eulalia.

Thus was born the tale 'Notturno Veneziano'.

Eulalia was immediately enthusiastic about tackling the heavy translation work and curious to discover the plot of the story each time, Gabriella agreed to be the protagonist of the story, the public of readers welcomed the 'feuilleton' with unexpected success .
The work was not short, indeed, I would say rather long compared to the average of the stories I found published here.
Perhaps only Velut Luna with her 'Amica' and a few others, like Barbaria, have published long stories that have lasted over time.

(Forgive me all those who have written but I have not had the opportunity and time to read due to my linguistic limitations.)

So, day after day, message after message, a true friendship with Eulalia was born, now I can call her 'my pen friend', she has become my daily diary, but a super-intelligent and well-prepared diary on all the topics we face .
I 'almost' learned English, at least I understand what I read.
I discovered that with Eulalia I share many interests, first of all: wine.

And in front of a good goblet the soul opens up.

I have also met many other friends who I appreciate as time passes and I happen to exchange correspondence privately, I am not going to list them all, for reasons of personal confidentiality. But each of them will certainly know that they are included in the group of friends.

At the beginning, I will repeat the beginning. I joined as a member in March 2016 - but not really. It was just to gain access to a few restricted images. I felt shame at being here and visited very little for the next two years. After my divorce and therapy, I felt different and looked here in earnest in the summer of 2018, just over two years ago. I first was attracted by the Roman history areas, having studied Latin and Ancient History excessively in my callow youth.
As I looked around the site, I had a need for some corrections in my profile and contacted a certain unnamed moderator (@Barbaria1 ) for help. She was very helpful and welcoming. In PM with her, the topic of writing came up and I, in my pitifully poor attempts to flirt, mentioned some story idea I'd had for many years but was unable (while married) to work on. Here are the actual ideas I posted on 8/30/18
I am torn between several story settings. A rural roman widow framed, enslaved and then crucified by her jilted suitor; An innocent 19 yo girl from rural Kent comes to London in 1750, gets lost steals a little fruit, and is taken up by a corrupt beadle and judge, who sentence her to death but use her as a sex slave and pain slut until the hanging; Two CIA agents, one an older experienced male, the other a young rookie are sent to Cuba in 1960 to contact anti-castro agents. The girl gets captured and is tortured to tell where the other is. The man manages to get close enough to the camp to witness the torture, but can't save her.
My readers will observe that two of these were among my stories here. The third is still waiting for the time to write.

What hooked me on CF, then, was a marvelously friendly and welcoming young lady and her enthusiasm for my first writing. Of course, that in some ways covers why I love (I will not say like) CF, A place to post my writing and to find precious friends.
Rural Kent? I missed that when it first appeared. A part of the world I used to know very well having spent my teenage years there.

Good question!
Why am I here with all of you?
I have asked myself this several times.
Then I found out why.
Do you frequent the famous social networks where as soon as you appear the least that can happen to you is to end up being torn apart by hyenas?
Here, on the contrary, it is a safe haven, where the (few) opinions you write are appreciated, where professional haters do not lurk, where there are no know-it-alls who try to overrule others.

For a few months I was stuck between bed and chair due to an unfortunate accident, with very little to do.
It occurred to me to write a short story, but I didn't know a word of English, how to do it? Help arrived promptly; it was suggested to me: 'Contact the Oxford-Cambridge Translation Service!' that is: Eulalia.

Thus was born the tale 'Notturno Veneziano'.

Eulalia was immediately enthusiastic about tackling the heavy translation work and curious to discover the plot of the story each time, Gabriella agreed to be the protagonist of the story, the public of readers welcomed the 'feuilleton' with unexpected success .
The work was not short, indeed, I would say rather long compared to the average of the stories I found published here.
Perhaps only Velut Luna with her 'Amica' and a few others, like Barbaria, have published long stories that have lasted over time.

(Forgive me all those who have written but I have not had the opportunity and time to read due to my linguistic limitations.)

So, day after day, message after message, a true friendship with Eulalia was born, now I can call her 'my pen friend', she has become my daily diary, but a super-intelligent and well-prepared diary on all the topics we face .
I 'almost' learned English, at least I understand what I read.
I discovered that with Eulalia I share many interests, first of all: wine.

And in front of a good goblet the soul opens up.

I have also met many other friends who I appreciate as time passes and I happen to exchange correspondence privately, I am not going to list them all, for reasons of personal confidentiality. But each of them will certainly know that they are included in the group of friends.
Grazie, l'bogo :icon12:

Certainly meeting and making friends with fascinating people like Bogo from many different countries, languages and cultures is one of the great joys and privileges of being here on CruxForums. And - although it's not much different from my day-job, but it's one I do because I love doing it - working with many members here, helping to polish up English versions of their fine stories, has been a source of great pleasure - enjoying the stories as they unfold, there's always a sense of discovery as I find the meanings hidden in the original languages, and (especially as autotranslation, at least for the most widely-used languages, has improved over the past 10 years), learning ever more of the languages, and chatting with the authors about all sorts of aspects of their cultures - among which good food and drink are indeed particularly close to my heart! But also literature, music, the arts, history and archaeology, landscapes, flowers ...

And all of that in a place where we can be quite open about our kinks and fantasies, enjoying each other's naughty thoughts and dark dreams, in a space that feels safe and welcoming.

Rural Kent? I missed that when it first appeared. A part of the world I used to know very well having spent my teenage years there.

A Story of Rebecca of Dartford with my own clumsy efforts at Kentish dialect and slang.

A Story of Rebecca of Dartford with my own clumsy efforts at Kentish dialect and slang.
Dartford? I thought you meant rural Kent! Further east. The isle of Thanet....that‘s rural Kent, and was pretty grim in the 1970s. Perhaps not much has changed.

Great story though. Sorry I missed it!

Dartford? I thought you meant rural Kent! Further east. The isle of Thanet....that‘s rural Kent, and was pretty grim in the 1970s. Perhaps not much has changed.

Great story though. Sorry I missed it!

Well it was rural(ish) in Rebecca's day. And Charles Dickens links the two places, Dartford and Thanet, man of Kent and Kentish man.

Back
Top Bottom