Why do I like Cruxforums?

Go to CruxDreams.com
I see this thread is dissolving.

87B863F9-F0AE-4D4A-809B-E22DA4E77418.gif2D3DD901-2483-4C21-A346-7ED200B07A4A.gif
:popcorn::tits:

Do you know that you deserve the whip for that , Yupar ? ! :span1:
:eek:

23659349_383932442019787_712679551184956331_n.jpg
I'm ready !
:nusee:

Never mind, be sure that we dont forget you, Yupar : I've always in my head this joint crucifixion !:rolleyes::rolleyes:

View attachment 898286

Ahhhh ... a classic from the past ... from left to right ... Messa, Yupar, LittleSiss and yours truly!

It's ne of my very first ones, I still remember we all were at Athen of 300 second part''s opening scene. I am so glad you still keep it and love it :) I think I should store it in my deviant too ;)
MWAHHHHHHHHHHHH

My Bestie!

:bdsm-heart::bdsm-heart:flower2:bdsm-heart::bdsm-heart:
Mwa*** back :)

Preparing my post, I had to look for the date I joined CF and was astonished that it was April 2018 - much longer than I had thought. It was soon after reaching retirement and having time browsing all those Websides I never had time for. Since my youth I had a strong interest in BDSM, but never had thought about cruxification. But at that time I stumbled about a short crux-story and found it highly erotic. So I searched for other crux-stories and found CF.
The posts before covered the reason why I love CF and the community, but one told it in one sentence:
The place sort of sucks you in and you sink down into the warm comfortable feeling of belonging somewhere, even if you didn't think you'd belong there.
Although I came because of a crux-story, cruxification is (and probably will forever be) a side-interest for me. But some of these stories are so well written that I love them anyway.
I could say the same about hanging. It will never be my thing, but I don´t want to ever miss one of Mr.Trees stories :)
I think most of all I love - beside the diversity - you folk and the way you interact. Reading the banter going on - sometimes really take over a thread - is so much fun!
A big thank you to all of you!

I joined CF a little over three years ago. After reading "Miss Berkeley's Voyage" over at the Girls In Merciless Peril website I'd searched for more of King Diocletian's stories and found this site. I quickly discovered that CF represented many other interests than just crux, and that there were many other fine writers besides K.D. That's what surprised me initially, the consistently good quality of the stories. You can read those without joining. However, the wealth of photos, manips, art, gifs, etc., remained tantalizingly just out of my reach as an outsider. Now everyone within these precincts is of course a card carrying perv, but I also noticed that there were witty people here, knowledgeable people, smart people. Some really, really smart people. And people here got along, and had a good time. I liked the sense of community, the cordiality, the non-judgemental attitude. Even so, I'm never in too much of a rush, especially about joining something. I lurked here, probably at least a year or so, before I took the plunge and signed up. Windar first contacted me by private message when I started posting my work, and was complimentary about my efforts. I believe by that time I had discovered his story "Trabbian Justice," and had fallen in love with the heroine of that story, Priya (what did she ever see in Sanjay anyway? Sigh.)

Windar, Praefectus, Jackie1111 and many others in my "Mina Berkeley's Voyage" story thread gave me valuable comments and suggestions along the way, which I think strengthened the story as a whole, and when Praefectus Praetorio gave me his thoughts concerning a draft of a particular chapter I'd been working on, I incorporated those suggestions and others which I think made that chapter (Over A Hurdle) far stronger than what I had originally written. So that's an aspect of CF that I really appreciate--the ability to get and give feedback about each other's work. Frequently it can also be funny, silly, informative, and just plain motivational as well, but you can expect to get some kind of response for your efforts. Speaking of motivational, a member recently pm'd me about how much she enjoyed "Mina," and would I please continue it? I have not posted on any other site where you can expect to get as intelligent, insightful, or just plain positive feedback as you can on CF.

As I said above--there are really smart and really knowledgeable people here. I feel like I can learn something new every time I visit. I used to think I was pretty well educated and smart myself until I got to Cruxforums. Hell, I didn't even know there was a difference between whisky and whiskey until Eulalia straightened me out. I've discovered that the depth of knowledge can be pretty profound, especially in what interests me most, that is, history. But no matter what subject interests you, whether it be history or photo manipulation or whatever, there's going to be someone who shares your interest, and probably knows more than you do. And you don't have to pretend that you want to write a Christian romance, or photoshop your dog into the family picture. No, you want to want to write a story about a beautiful woman caned for not giving you a blowjob, or photoshop a picture of a naked lady so it looks like she's being crucified, and everyone here understands that, and doesn't find it the least bit objectionable. And is in fact willing to offer whatever suggestions or comments they can to help you.

Along with learning something new, I frequently find something new also; a thread surfaces that I find to be of interest, some story turns up that I hadn't read before. And sometimes I get a new perspective on things that ordinarily I wouldn't find erotic. Crucifixion was not on my erotic radar until I found Jedakk's work. Impalement is far too messy for my taste, but I very much enjoyed Juan1234's yet incomplete "Life And Death Of An Anti-Impalement Activist." (Though perhaps I enjoy it because we never got to the actual impalement.) I don't usually care for parody or humor in erotic writing, but Wragg and Jollyrei can be quite amusing. Poetry would be the last thing on my mind but I've even enjoyed some of that as well from practitioners like Cruxlove and Eulalia (who's "Lassie Hunting In The Northern Forest: The Linkie Rug" is one of my favorite stories on the site.) And sometimes a story will go well beyond the erotic for me, and just strike me as a good, thoughtful story. Barbaria's "The Fallbeil," was such a story.

There's just so much here that a little exploration will often as not turn up some new delight.

Which brings me to my only suggestion for the site--perhaps an index of some kind would be helpful. I realize there's a search function, but I've never had much success with it when, for instance, I'm trying to find a thread or a story that I can't quite remember the exact title for. Some kind of key word cloud would be helpful for drilling down the possibilities, and narrowing the selection field. Anyway, that's my only suggestion. Such a thing may already exist on the site, I just haven't found it yet. Unfortunately I'm not a computer sophisticate.

I realize this is supposed to be what I like about Cruxforums, but I also want to take an opportunity to thank those who make it possible. So thank you to all the administrators and moderators who keep CF running behind the scenes. I have no notion how you guys do what you do, and keep this place running so lively, but I'm grateful that you do. And thanks to all you contributors who post your work, in whatever form in may be.

There's been many times when I've felt overcome with feelings of guilt and shame surrounding my fascination with BDSM, and I've been away from CF for days, weeks, sometimes months at a time when I needed time out. There's been several times when I decided I would quit. Yet I keep coming back. Partly, perhaps, because I'm simply not strong enough to overcome my paraphilia, but now that I'm in my sixth decade of life, I have to admit that that particular hold is waning. I think I keep coming back because y'all are my peeps. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if we could get together at an English Pub (I'm American, but I think of meeting at an English Pub) drinking some warm English ale, and having a chat. I think it would be fun.

I like CF because it's my neighborhood. It may not be Mr. Rogers' idea of a neighborhood, but I like it.

I like CF because it's my neighborhood. It may not be Mr. Rogers' idea of a neighborhood, but I like it.

And a lovely neighborhood it is too. That was a great post, Jon. And as a fellow American, I too think a CF gathering at a nice English pub much more appealingly than an American corner bar. I’d even be willing to try my hand at a good natured match of strip darts (now there’s a cute short story idea), so long as I’m not expected to be the target, of course :rolleyes:

Very interesting thread. I'm glad I spotted it before it evolved into something else entirely. :p I think my post will echo many of those already here, but off I go....

A couple of people have mentioned how this forum was previously based in Yahoo Groups. But I can't be the only one who remembers that it began(?) in Yahoo Clubs. At some point (around 2001, maybe?) Yahoo did away with the clubs format, and thus the club was converted into one of its groups (do I have that right, or am I confused? It's been too many years). Anyway, I remember getting a home internet connection in 1999, and it wasn't long before I stumbled upon people sharing their fantasies of erotic crucifixion.

"Oh my, this is very interesting," I thought to myself. Mainly because I had had non-sexual fantasies of being crucified when I was a young girl. After spending some time there (in the Yahoo club), I was soon having those fantasies again, only this time it was definitely sexual.

Although I've maintained my connection to this place for a long time, I've dropped off for long periods, due to being too busy or perhaps having way too much fun in real life. In fact, this is my second account here, having totally lost track of my original one. But I'm sure I'll keep coming back. Who will live longer, I wonder, CF or me? We shall see.

I love how the place eventually expanded to include (and welcome) many other fantasies besides crux. I've found things here that inspired new fantasies, or gave a fresh new life to fantasies I already had. And of course I love having a place to express my own fantasies, even if it's usually done by means of just a couple of sentences with a gif attached (I have zero artistic talent and I'm too lazy to write stories, so it's the best I can do). I love that everyone is so friendly - I don't think I've once seen a nasty fight here, which is really saying something given that it's the internet. I love that there are plenty of women here, a couple of whom seem to more or less run the place. And I love how you all make me laugh.

So let me take this opportunity to thank you all, and blow you a kiss...

Who will live longer, I wonder, CF or me? We shall see.
Heh, since all the women here repeatedly come back to life to do it all again no matter how many times they’re tortured, crucified, hanged, impaled, or whatever, we’re all sure to outlive the site, Jackie. But let’s hope the demise of CF won’t come to pass anytime soon. Long live CF and our happy little community! :)

That's what surprised me initially, the consistently good quality of the stories.
Yes, there are so many good ones. I'm still trying to catch up...

Now everyone within these precincts is of course a card carrying perv
Wait a minute, where is my card? I know the Postal Service is having some issues, but geez...
Even so, I'm never in too much of a rush, especially about joining something.
As Groucho Marx said, "I would never join any club that would have me for a member". I guess we all broke that rule with CF..
I believe by that time I had discovered his story "Trabbian Justice," and had fallen in love with the heroine of that story, Priya (what did she ever see in Sanjay anyway? Sigh.)
And now she's taken up with some guy named Dean Windar:rolleyes:

I love that there are plenty of women here, a couple of whom seem to more or less run the place.
While all along pretending to be submissive of course.;):D
So let me take this opportunity to thank you all, and blow you a kiss...
A nice socially distanced one. Back at you, Jackie...

Back
Top Bottom