Why do I like Cruxforums?

Go to CruxDreams.com
Nice post, John. This is our community.

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if we could get together at an English Pub (I'm American, but I think of meeting at an English Pub) drinking some warm English ale, and having a chat. I think it would be fun.

And a lovely neighborhood it is too. That was a great post, Jon. And as a fellow American, I too think a CF gathering at a nice English pub much more appealingly than an American corner bar.

Some of us have been lucky enough to do just that - the Red Lion in Westminster has become an unofficial meeting place for several of us on our international travels, and very nice it is too to meet up in person over a pint :)

westminster.jpg15-08-17_RedLionWest__MG_7828.jpg

the Red Lion in Westminster has become an unofficial meeting place for several of us on our international travels, and very nice it is too to meet up in person over a pint
International travels? That is SO 2019!
Yeah, it's a bit hard to see myself getting back there any time soon, more's the pity. Good spot though.

I knew I was late as I crossed Parliament Street and headed down Derby Row to the entrance of Westminster’s Red Lion pub. In my haste I nearly bumped into and bowled over a woman with a cane. Not only was I in a hurry, but I hadn’t been able to take my eyes off the grandiose beaux arts style facade of the narrow corner establishment’s late 19th century facade, embellished with a row of eye catching red-blooming flower boxes lining the front.

I stopped in front to catch my breath and settle the butterflies in my stomach. This was it. I was about to attend a gathering of friends I knew online, but whom I had never met in person. What would this be like? I couldn’t help but feel the same nervous apprehension one might feel before attending a class reunion.

The doubts surfaced. Did I look alright? Did I overdress? It being a brisk autumn day, I had worn my green sweater dress, for a bit of warmth, and heels, my long hair hanging free on my shoulders and back.

Maybe I should have tried for a more casual look?

Making my way inside, I had to adjust to the relatively dimly chandelier-lit interior, and to the smell of polished mahogany wood. The place was cozy and ornately appointed ... with a patterned ceiling and lots of etched glass, along with portraits of famous people behind the bar.

I must have looked a bit dazzled and confused, but then I noticed that the barman had fixed me in his gaze and was signaling me over with a wink and a nod.

I walked over, a bit uncertain and head cocked to one side quizzically.

“Might you be Ms. Moore?” he asked.

“Why yes. That would be me.”

“Thought so, as you fit the description Bobinder left with me. Said you’d be along shortly, and to watch for a Yank with brown hair and eyes.”

“Yes, I’m here for a gathering.”

“Indeed, the Cruxforums crowd, right?”

“Um, yes. I’ve heard them mention that word. What does it mean?”

“Nothing really. You have to be one of the group to know.”

“I see. Well, Ms. Moore, you’ll find them all gathered in the back room, straight on and to the left, if you please.”

“Thanks so much.”

“Pleasure.”

And so I followed his lead, ducked around a corner and pushed my way through a double door, behind which I could hear the buzz of animated conversation, peals of laughter ... general merriment.

I entered, and a sudden hush swept through the room.

ANYONE WHO WISHES TO CONTINUE THIS OR ENTER A COMMENT, PLEASE DO:)

Last edited:
I knew I was late

You get extra for that...
In my haste I nearly bumped into and bowled over a woman with a cane.
A cane you say...See above...

Did I overdress?
Don't worry, very shortly you'll be underdressed...

straight on and to the left,
So Tree couldn't make it....

All I can say Moore is you will pay for that little stunt with the hotel reservations! The Dorchester, my ass (or should we say yours!)

What if it's not just about Barb, .... the whole thing is just a huge honeypot and 'They' want to round up all of those perverts in one fell swoop!
(for whatever plans theymight have ....)

Oh Shit. There must have been some very sneaky fine print. And we all fell for it???

I have no doubt that you would look alright if I could meet you in person. But yes, you did overdress since you weren't in your favourite outfit as we've all become familiar with from your signature / profile image :p

Well, I have to admit being taken a little aback when I spotted the wooden cross set up against a back wall and IM setting up his camera equipment. And even Moore so, when I read the sign off to one side that read: “Cruxgirls, please disrobe here and wait your turn in the queue.”

I knew I was late as I crossed Parliament Street and headed down Derby Row to the entrance of Westminster’s Red Lion pub. In my haste I nearly bumped into and bowled over a woman with a cane. Not only was I in a hurry, but I hadn’t been able to take my eyes off the grandiose beaux arts style facade of the narrow corner establishment’s late 19th century facade, embellished with a row of eye catching red-blooming flower boxes lining the front.

I stopped in front to catch my breath and settle the butterflies in my stomach. This was it. I was about to attend a gathering of friends I knew online, but whom I had never met in person. What would this be like? I couldn’t help but feel the same nervous apprehension one might feel before attending a class reunion.

The doubts surfaced. Did I look alright? Did I overdress? It being a brisk autumn day, I had worn my green sweater dress, for a bit of warmth, and heels, my long hair hanging free on my shoulders and back.

Maybe I should have tried for a more casual look?

Making my way inside, I had to adjust to the relatively dimly chandelier-lit interior, and to the smell of polished mahogany wood. The place was cozy and ornately appointed ... with a patterned ceiling and lots of etched glass, along with portraits of famous people behind the bar.

I must have looked a bit dazzled and confused, but then I noticed that the barman had fixed me in his gaze and was signaling me over with a wink and a nod.

I walked over, a bit uncertain and head cocked to one side quizzically.

“Might you be Ms. Moore?” he asked.

“Why yes. That would be me.”

“Thought so, as you fit the description Bobinder left with me. Said you’d be along shortly, and to watch for a Yank with brown hair and eyes.”

“Yes, I’m here for a gathering.”

“Indeed, the Cruxforums crowd, right?”

“Um, yes. I’ve heard them mention that word. What does it mean?”

“Nothing really. You have to be one of the group to know.”

“I see. Well, Ms. Moore, you’ll find them all gathered in the back room, straight on and to the left, if you please.”

“Thanks so much.”

“Pleasure.”

And so I followed his lead, ducked around a corner and pushed my way through a double door, behind which I could hear the buzz of animated conversation, peals of laughter ... general merriment.

I entered, and a sudden hush swept through the room.

ANYONE WHO WISHES TO CONTINUE THIS OR ENTER A COMMENT, PLEASE DO:)
I don't know what you're going on about here, but this is what Bob and I saw when we went to the Red Lion a couple of years ago (I'm sure this is what we saw, right? ;):confused:).
RedLion01a.jpg

I don't know what you're going on about here, but this is what Bob and I saw when we went to the Red Lion a couple of years ago (I'm sure this is what we saw, right? ;):confused:).
View attachment 902609

Yep, that looks like the place. :eek: It’s a wonder it hasn’t been closed down.

Nonsense. You know the English and their penchant for the rules of society. Those girls were probably caught jaywalking against the lights or something. :D

Easy to do. Parliament St is wide and busy. I had to dodge traffic (doubly dangerous because instinctively I kept looking the wrong way:doh:), as well as wind my way through all those naked crux girls up on those crosses, writhing about and screaming their fool heads off. Whatever happened to typical English reserve and decorum?

Back
Top Bottom