Your Favorite Artwork

Go to CruxDreams.com

mp5stab

Hair and Nails
It's been a while since we've had one of these threads. I do like reading back through "The Agony Component" or "Your Favorite Artists" every once in a while, so I figured I create a picture collection thread in that genre. What are your favorite pieces of crucifixion artwork? Pick your top five from any artist, photographer, photomanipulation, whatever, or just pick as many as you like. I'm not going to complain. I'll also have a long look through some of my favorites before I narrow it down to just five, and post it.

Since mp5stab has done us the favor of starting what promises to be a delightful thread, I think the first five should feature one of her own along with four classics of her done by SkatingJesus. They are all favorites of mine.

agony_of_a_crucified_girl_in_pencil_by_mp5stab-d9p7oj7.png emily_crucified_001_by_skatingjesus-d90ocxy.jpg emily_crucified_012_by_skatingjesus-d93w5zz.jpg emily_crucified_014_by_skatingjesus-d93w683.jpg emily_crucified_005_by_skatingjesus-d919563.jpg

Last edited:
Only 5? :confused:

And Barb has already cheated! :p

But she's already mentioned Skating Jesus, and so has Hasturan, I would have included one of his...;)

And one of yours, too, Emily....

And I'm steering clear of movies, and sticking with static images.

Jedakk first. This is one of his that blew me away when I first was a member of Yahoo Crux

execution14.jpg

Just look at what he achieved with the steam-powered computers of the day!

Phlebas, also, has inspired me from the earliest days

ph288.jpg

but this one, which I called 'Tanitha', for the story and poem that it inspired, has to be my favourite.

MkG2k7 has an unpronounceable name....

MkG2k7 Timo and Maura.jpg
..but Timo and Maura has to be one of the all-time greats!

And yes, Alex, I do love yours...

Brittany_ordeal_96.jpg
the girl on the left has just been raised.... the way they look at one another, as Apostate would say, 'zaps my limbic system'.

Finally, two in one go. Makar's 'Alice' will always be one of the loveliest girls ever to grace a cross,

ivdaea_capta_6b_by_bobnearled-d9pf675.jpg

but with the addition of Bobinder's (or Bobnearled's) magic, you have my all-time favourite crux image!

There are so many more wonderful artists and images, but I was told to pick five...

Only 5? :confused:

Finally, two in one go. Makar's 'Alice' will always be one of the loveliest girls ever to grace a cross,

View attachment 487510

but with the addition of Bobinder's (or Bobnearled's) magic, you have my all-time favourite crux image!

There are so many more wonderful artists and images, but I was told to pick five...
Thank you Wragg, it is very moving to learn that your favourite is one of mine, and to find my work featured on page one of Emily's new thread, alongside the greats I have always admired and who have provided such inspiration for me. My 'Ivdaea Capta' image of Alice is derived from one of her Femjoy shoots, but, of course I would never have discovered her without Makar. One of his most dynamic performers - I love her when she's angry!

Alice bowed out fdoc200pc.jpg

Coincidentally you have also chosen my own all-time favourite in MkG2k7's 'Timo and Maura', which saves me repeating it here. Witnessing the stark realism of the isolated couple suffering under a blood-red sky was what inspired me to try photo-manipulation in the first place, albeit MkG2k7's remarkable figures are Daz 3D rather than photo-manipulated. Skatingjesus is another early 3D inspiration - check out the dramatic lighting, camera angle and depth of field in this mass execution.

cross_hill___sarah_and_the_rebels_001_by_skatingjesus-d7z456q.jpg

Ismail Kemal's 'Crucified' presents the dramatic spectacle of an awesome mass crucifixion. The landscape, lighting and lonely figures are united beautifully in this powerful, tragic panorama. I wish I could find some close-ups.

Ismail Kemal crucified_by_jstreetunlimited 200%.jpg

Another early multi-media influence is Ramon Martinez, whose beautiful figures are presented in a seductively dream-like way. Sometimes he provides us with the brutal realism of a re-enactment.

crucifixion_by_female11 300pc.jpg

Amiel-kevin's 'Anastasia' is a stunningly beautiful image, reminiscent of Winkler & Noah's 'Les Femmes Heretiques'. Like those, 'Anastasia' was fully posed as a crux image, Amiel-kevin explaining, "For what it's worth, in this picture, ONLY the background has been digitally added."

anastasia_by_amiel_kevin-d534khs.jpg

48lente.jpg
Yeah, slow. Let me begin with Arcimboldo, whose beautiful girl endures the unendurable here.

Lucilla Scene 8x8-52_0001.jpg
On Esquiline Hill the girl's in trouble. I am a great admirer of Jedakk's oeuvre.

Sabina Crucified Scene 4-51_0001.jpg
Wheel in the sky keeps on turning, the girl knows where she'll be tomorrow. Another Jedakk, of course.

ivdaea_capta_12b_by_bobnearled-d9xy9tw.jpg
I suppose you heard about Alice. Well, courtesy of Titus (and Bobinder) she adorns the Judaean wilderness.

Emily crucified 005.jpg
See Emily suffer! SJ will make her (and a lot of other girls) suffer. :devil:

This is utterly, utterly impossible. 5 favourites? I can't pick 500!
I'll have a go.
I love all the stuff posted above, here's some other artists.
Makar is an obvious starting point, and #1 here is the first of photos that I ever saw. I can't pick favourites, there are so many, but these ones are a good start :)

Z91.JPG V02a.jpg Ulia For the audiencex.jpg PL-55.JPG Masha.jpg G0001.jpg

Last edited:
Some photos. This is a random selection of pictures that I like mostly from the last few years with some older ones added.
I'm sorry I'm finding 5 to be impossible as well!

2117019.jpg 2118030.jpg cx_girls_x2010.jpg ewelina-jacqueline-in-the-dungeon.jpg Iva12sff.jpg KKK_113.JPG shesusDSC_1941-web.jpg thirst08.jpg tumblr_mzs9fq08RV1s4jw4io1_500.jpg.jpeg

This is too hard! 3d and manip selections to come later, or tomorrow.
This thread encourages me once again to have a thread of material from my archive, things from before say 2010. So many beautiful images :)

Back
Top Bottom