Alice Kiss - Crux Legend

Go to CruxDreams.com
The latest crucifixions of Alice by @saintjohny and @Damian both employ the same source image, and in each case, there are a number of similarities in the lighting treatment and composition. Both pictures retain the Cruxdreams cross and ropes, and both compositions include an unidentified male figure whose face is concealed. Presumably this is either the executioner himself, or a guard detailed to supervise the proceedings. Damian's picture forms part of his Witch Hunt series, and the masked man lifts a glowing, red hot poker, ominously, towards Alice's feet, incidentally illuminating the toes of her right foot.

Damian Witch Hunt 729 cf Makar cf Saintjohny.jpg

Makar's photograph was taken in overcast conditions, but both manipulations employ increased contrast to suggest a bright light source, casting well defined shadows. This is consistent with Saintjohny's firelight, and in fact, Alice appears to have received dodge and burn treatments to produce highlights and shadows on her skin, as well as injuries and perspiration moisture. In Damian's picture, the injuries are impending, and Alice's shadow appears strongly defined on the wall behind her. The masonry includes a pointed arch, but it is not clear whether this is an interior or an outdoor scene. I suspect the background represents a brightly lit dungeon, in which Alice is being 'interviewed' about an allegation of witchcraft.

As noted previously, the pose is effective in portraying the exhaustion of crucifixion, with fully extended arms and very little muscular tension in the relaxed legs and bent knees. Alice's expression suggests a mixture of anguish and despair, which was entirely appropriate for the 'Crux Forest' session, and obviously works very well in crux manipulations. The pose has been employed previously by both Damian and Saintjohny, as well as other manip artists, including Mahashiva.

Cypher Snowfield cf Chupurov Calmness 0041.jpg

@cypher has also been busy producing new manips of Alice. 'Alice in Snowfield' explores the human pet theme, the subject wearing only a metal collar with a heavy rope leash. Her master is another anonymous male, whose head, together with half of his body, is cropped out of the composition. Alice's hands and feet have also been cropped out, in a style reminiscent of the simplest solution to problematic digits in A.I. art. But on this occasion, the omission is a direct result of the close framing of Peter Chupurov's source image. Cypher has made a subtle increase to the blue value of Alice's skin tone, which is consistent with the cool quality of the background, showing winter woodland.

'Maid Alice - Wrong Wine' is a self-explanatory title for a manip depicting Alice in service, wearing only her French Maid's lace-trimmed apron and headpiece. The pose derives from Alexander Lobanov's series, 'On the Edge', and shows Alice with a suitably embarrassed and downcast expression.

Cypher Maid Alice cf Lobanov OTE1351035.jpg

Cypher is very fond of including the viewer in his pictures, which makes for some very engaging images. The large, slightly defocused wine glass in the left foreground is our own, and with the two ladies, we are all drinking white wine. For some reason, Alice has brought us a bottle of red wine, neatly inserted into her right hand in place of the original teazel. The illusion is completed by the addition of the bottle's shadow upon her apron. It seems that the viewer has just identified the error, since all three pairs of eyes are making direct contact with ours. The translucent wine glass in the foreground, low viewpoint and receding figure scale, all combine to provide a sense of depth in a neatly balanced, and visually successful composition.

'Alice Android with her Master' is a curious picture, in which Alice has been mirror flipped from her Lobanov source image (from the series 'Basic Instinct') in order to reflect the same orientation as the figure of her master. She retains her charming smile whilst displaying all the signs of a partially completed cyborg project. Apparently, the master is posing with his work in progress. Alice's right eye and right arm are both opened up for maintenance, and the bandage on her left arm suggests that this part of her anatomy is currently human.

Cypher Cyborg cf Lobanov Basic Instinct 23.jpg

There are two light sources, which work in opposite directions for each figure, and the male is slightly defocused with the background, making Alice the main subject of the picture. In what seems to be another acknowledgement of A.I. the master's left arm terminates in a right hand, leading us to wonder if he might also be a cyborg under development? In which case, perhaps the distinction between master and servant is being blurred? As ever, Cypher's work raises more questions than answers, which is very much a part of its appeal.

Thanks to the artists concerned for some nice work undertaken by Cypher, Damian and Saintjohny. :)

The latest crucifixions of Alice by @saintjohny and @Damian both employ the same source image, and in each case, there are a number of similarities in the lighting treatment and composition. Both pictures retain the Cruxdreams cross and ropes, and both compositions include an unidentified male figure whose face is concealed. Presumably this is either the executioner himself, or a guard detailed to supervise the proceedings. Damian's picture forms part of his Witch Hunt series, and the masked man lifts a glowing, red hot poker, ominously, towards Alice's feet, incidentally illuminating the toes of her right foot.

Makar's photograph was taken in overcast conditions, but both manipulations employ increased contrast to suggest a bright light source, casting well defined shadows. This is consistent with Saintjohny's firelight, and in fact, Alice appears to have received dodge and burn treatments to produce highlights and shadows on her skin, as well as injuries and perspiration moisture. In Damian's picture, the injuries are impending, and Alice's shadow appears strongly defined on the wall behind her. The masonry includes a pointed arch, but it is not clear whether this is an interior or an outdoor scene. I suspect the background represents a brightly lit dungeon, in which Alice is being 'interviewed' about an allegation of witchcraft.

As noted previously, the pose is effective in portraying the exhaustion of crucifixion, with fully extended arms and very little muscular tension in the relaxed legs and bent knees. Alice's expression suggests a mixture of anguish and despair, which was entirely appropriate for the 'Crux Forest' session, and obviously works very well in crux manipulations. The pose has been employed previously by both Damian and Saintjohny, as well as other manip artists, including Mahashiva.

@cypher has also been busy producing new manips of Alice. 'Alice in Snowfield' explores the human pet theme, the subject wearing only a metal collar with a heavy rope leash. Her master is another anonymous male, whose head, together with half of his body, is cropped out of the composition. Alice's hands and feet have also been cropped out, in a style reminiscent of the simplest solution to problematic digits in A.I. art. But on this occasion, the omission is a direct result of the close framing of Peter Chupurov's source image. Cypher has made a subtle increase to the blue value of Alice's skin tone, which is consistent with the cool quality of the background, showing winter woodland.

'Maid Alice - Wrong Wine' is a self-explanatory title for a manip depicting Alice in service, wearing only her French Maid's lace-trimmed apron and headpiece. The pose derives from Alexander Lobanov's series, 'On the Edge', and shows Alice with a suitably embarrassed and downcast expression.

Cypher is very fond of including the viewer in his pictures, which makes for some very engaging images. The large, slightly defocused wine glass in the left foreground is our own, and with the two ladies, we are all drinking white wine. For some reason, Alice has brought us a bottle of red wine, neatly inserted into her right hand in place of the original teazel. The illusion is completed by the addition of the bottle's shadow upon her apron. It seems that the viewer has just identified the error, since all three pairs of eyes are making direct contact with ours. The translucent wine glass in the foreground, low viewpoint and receding figure scale, all combine to provide a sense of depth in a neatly balanced, and visually successful composition.

'Alice Android with her Master' is a curious picture, in which Alice has been mirror flipped from her Lobanov source image (from the series 'Basic Instinct') in order to reflect the same orientation as the figure of her master. She retains her charming smile whilst displaying all the signs of a partially completed cyborg project. Apparently, the master is posing with his work in progress. Alice's right eye and right arm are both opened up for maintenance, and the bandage on her left arm suggests that this part of her anatomy is currently human.

There are two light sources, which work in opposite directions for each figure, and the male is slightly defocused with the background, making Alice the main subject of the picture. In what seems to be another acknowledgement of A.I. the master's left arm terminates in a right hand, leading us to wonder if he might also be a cyborg under development? In which case, perhaps the distinction between master and servant is being blurred? As ever, Cypher's work raises more questions than answers, which is very much a part of its appeal.

Thanks to the artists concerned for some nice work undertaken by Cypher, Damian and Saintjohny. :)
Her figure is heavenly

I'm well aware that Alice is a "crux legend", but so far I've been always creating manips using her Femjoy and MetArt images.
This is the first time I used a cruxdreams image though, I intentionally removed the cross.
It might not be appropriate for the crucified-women thread, but since it features Alice, I'll post this here. :)

alice-whipping-punishment-scene.jpg

No, I have been banned from there too! Getting harder to put this type of work out there, the WOKES have taken over!
I agree with @Damian about the wokes on DevArt (Artuntamed seems more open minded still) and very much agree with @Mikerytel about the AI stuff - which is the Photo Manip equivalent of 'cheap journalism'. But the more worrying thing is how young some of the AI models look and Devart seems perfectly happy with that!!

That all said though I have to say that the pic of Alice on the darkening shore is very, very good ... and we should definitely work hard to keep our gorgeous and wonderfully hapless girl 'alive' here on CF ...

Inspired by recent messages I have created a new Alice Mini-Series entitled 'Alice In Peril". I will share the images here over the next few days

ALICE IN PERIL #1 - The Stoor Worm cometh

View attachment 1377427
Alisspattle? When she gets inside the Stoor Worm, she'll need to pop a burning turf of peat into its liver, quickly, before it yawns again so she can scuttle out while it starts hurling about in pain. That may not be so easy, in her present predicament ...

Inspired by recent messages I have created a new Alice Mini-Series entitled 'Alice In Peril". I will share the images here over the next few days

ALICE IN PERIL #1 - The Stoor Worm cometh

View attachment 1377427
See how she’s turned her head away? Bad breath!

See how she’s turned her head away? Bad breath!
Very true, the Stoor Worm had oral hygiene issues, killed off herds of cattle and fields full of barley with its bad breath.

Back
Top Bottom