All at Sea with Jeeves

Go to CruxDreams.com
“I was attempting to convey, sir, that the club is situated in Soho. Soho is a most disreputable district of London, sir, not at all suited to ladies such as Miss Fitzpatrick and Miss Twistleton.”
So, this is all about being caught in Soho? What is the world coming to, when a chap is damn near thrown out of the old bosom of the "thicker than water" just for being outside Mayfair for a moment?:doh::rolleyes: I mean we didn't even get up to anything wrong. Those girls asked us to lay on with the whips. Chap has to be civil.:cool: We didn't even nick a policeman's helmet. One chafes at the injustice! :confused::mad::doh:

So, this is all about being caught in Soho? What is the world coming to, when a chap is damn near thrown out of the old bosom of the "thicker than water" just for being outside Mayfair for a moment?:doh::rolleyes: I mean we didn't even get up to anything wrong. Those girls asked us to lay on with the whips. Chap has to be civil.:cool: We didn't even nick a policeman's helmet. One chafes at the injustice! :confused::mad::doh:

806A8E57-80A0-4B47-9ABA-E0467E9FB29B.jpeg Time to call in Inspector Morse!

Attachments

• 6222F8F3-D591-4522-B25C-4EE96D3CB581.jpeg
    6222F8F3-D591-4522-B25C-4EE96D3CB581.jpeg
    220.5 KB · Views: 34
Jeeves was patiently waiting to get a word in edgeways. “’Madamoiselle Messaline’s’ is not a French restaurant, sir. I fear I am unable to properly describe it in the present company.”

xM_12 (2).jpg What are you implying there ?!
I do admit that " Mademoiselle Messaline " is a special house ...
a-auer-nuovo.jpg ... for a part ...
but she's able to prepare for you some wonderful dishes coming from this wonderful "Traditional French Cooking" ...
Cooking_163.jpg ... on request ...

Anyway, I doubt that this aunt Eulalia could have a great inheritance ! :D

View attachment 574922
A necessary explanation. As is customary in Scotland, I am named after my grandmother,
who was considered a great beauty in the Northern Forest in her younger years,
aunt.jpg
But the distress caused by her spendthrift brother Hector marrying into the hard-up English aristocracy
took its toll - still, here's grannie Eulalia in one of her happier moods
(having just disinherited another of numerous grandchildren - me)
old-lady.jpeg

Fact is, Old Boy, Mlle Messaline's is a club where one can enjoy a bit of flallegation flaggellation whipping. :oops:

A necessary explanation. As is customary in Scotland, I am named after my grandmother,
View attachment 575031
But the distress caused by her spendthrift brother Hector marrying into the hard-up English aristocracy
View attachment 575032
Readers will understand the requirement to take ship. Strong genes, don't you know? :eek:

I say, that Wragg cove is at it again with one of his yarns. Jolly interesting, I should say. I wonder what manner of pickle he will find himself in this time?

View attachment 575019 Barbie Bly, her sister?

A woman not to be trifled with. I hope she read the fine print on her ticket, what?

View attachment 575020 What are you implying there ?!
I do admit that " Mademoiselle Messaline " is a special house ...
... for a part ...
but she's able to prepare for you some wonderful dishes coming from this wonderful "Traditional French Cooking" ...
View attachment 575022 ... on request ...

Let me see that menu . . . . . .

View attachment 575031
View attachment 575032
Good lord, Bertie! You've got an Aunt Eulalia and a Cousin Eulalia.

Good lord, Bertie! You've got an Aunt Eulalia and a Cousin Eulalia.
Oh, in the English aristocracy, the old girl's probably both, there's so much inbreeding...
(I'm a few times removed. Well, I try to be ;) )

Fact is, Old Boy, Mlle Messaline's is a club where one can enjoy a bit of flallegation flaggellation whipping. :oops:
Where English milords do their duty and show the flag!

Next time, Gentlemen, hire a room in The Dorchester, invite your ladies for a diner, and then take them up to your suite. You'll pay a little bit more than in Madame Messaline's, but a real Gentleman would not make a point of that. A good tip for the hotel porter guarantees there will be no tabloid journalists around.

Next time, Gentlemen, hire a room in The Dorchester, invite your ladies for a diner, and then take them up to your suite. You'll pay a little bit more than in Madame Messaline's, but a real Gentleman would not make a point of that. A good tip for the hotel porter guarantees there will be no tabloid journalists around.
Wow! Thus speaks the voice of experience? :D

“What ho, Bertie!” Jollyrei seemed contented enough with a life on the ocean wave. For my part, I couldn’t wait to get off this rustbucket and get dry land under my feet again, but I greeted him cordially enough. “Hello, Jolly. I do wish this blasted ship would stop rolling about!”

He looked at me sympathetically. “I say, yes, you are looking a bit green about the gills. Have you not found your sea legs yet, Bertie?”

“I think I lost them overboard. And Jeeves isn’t being much help.”

“I see. Still narked about heading for the Big Apple rather than la sud de la France, is he?”

“Frosty, Jolly. That’s the word. Frosty.”

The waiter appeared and I ordered a brandy and soda, in the interests of science, to determine whether or not it had a positive effect on the mal de mer, while Jollyrei, with his iron constitution, appeared to feel equal to a gin and tonic.

For a few moments we sat in silence, Jollyrei being all too acutely aware of the disadvantageous effects of a frosty manservant. The SS Cruxton Abbey bore on through the chilly North Atlantic, Uncle Sam ahead and Blighty astern.

I broke the silence. “Still, not to worry. Another few nautical miles between ourselves and our irate relatives. All to the good, what?”

“Absolutely, old boy. How exceptionally bracing it is to know that they are safely in Blighty while we can look forward to the dear old Big Apple!”

“The one thing I really didn’t need was a deep and meaningful discussion with my Aunt Eulalia. I’m dashed if I can see what the fuss is about, anyway. She loves to make free use of her riding crop on errant nephews. She’d rather enjoy a soiree at Mademoiselle Messalines, I think. Anyway, let her do what she will, there’s nothing like having an ocean between one and a disapproving Aunt. Did I tell you about the time when…”

I tailed off, as it dawned on me that Jollyrei wasn’t listening. Instead, he was goggling, eyes wide open, mouth opening and closing like a stranded fish.

“I say, Jolly, what’s up, old man? Has your G&T gone down the wrong way?”

“BERTIE!!!!!” A familiar voice behind struck me amidships. I whirled around to see what had rattled Jollyrei.

Bearing down upon us, like battleships under full steam, were my Aunt Eulalia and the Honorable Lady Deborah, Dowager Countess of High Groaning. And, like battleships, they were fully armed, both carrying formidable looking horsewhips!

Jollyrei and I didn’t even stop to discuss strategies for dealing with this appalling development. We were up and out of the door like startled foxes, with the hunt in hot pursuit.

Bearing down upon us, like battleships under full steam, were my Aunt Eulalia and the Honorable Lady Deborah, Dowager Countess of High Groaning. And, like battleships, they were fully armed, both carrying formidable looking horsewhips!
Horsewhips? Wouldn't a cat o' nine tails be more appropriate for the nautical setting? Don't traditions mean anything anymore?

Back
Top Bottom